Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 7:01 PM
Nov 2021
Absolute cinema! Perfectly captures the state of peak human evolution.
Jul 7, 7:20 PM
Mar 2018
I didn't laugh, but I'll stick with it. It might've been more impactful had I not seen the trailers.

Always happy to hear Fujita Saki though.
Jul 7, 7:42 PM
Sep 2022
Dude, what hell i just watch??
Why dears??????
Why????
Jul 7, 7:47 PM

Jun 2009
Pop team epic is so back
Jul 7, 8:16 PM
Jan 2017
Lately I've been feeling bored by a lot of anime. Deer Friend, so far, is the kind of visually absurd, socially satirical story I need.
Jul 7, 8:16 PM

May 2015
This show is selling us the concept of cute deers doing cute things. Well I am receptive to its ideal!! Peak first episode, pure brain nourishment. Nokotan has already gotten herself a maid!
Jul 7, 8:40 PM

Feb 2017
We're in for peak fiction.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jul 7, 8:46 PM
Oct 2022
this the best anime of the year
[yt]DLzxrzFCyOs[yt]
Jul 7, 8:48 PM

Dec 2019
Most based anime this season. This is 100% profiling itself to be the best anime of the year outright.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jul 7, 9:18 PM

Dec 2008
Move over Oshi no Ko Peak is here!
Jul 7, 9:20 PM

Sep 2018
We just had Train to the end of the world, but this blows that out of the park in terms of weirdness. A self aware, 4th wall breaking, absurd comedy. I'm going to enjoy this one. Initial classroom scene was hilarious.
Jul 7, 10:00 PM

Nov 2023
This first episode was pretty much insane, which is why I think it's going to be good.
Jul 7, 10:13 PM

Mar 2022
best anime and media of all time
Jul 7, 10:16 PM
Sep 2021
It was really good. The references were amazing.
Jul 7, 10:28 PM

Dec 2023
The memes have dragged me in. I have now fallen into the brainrot.

All I know now is that deer are superior to humans. We must now give a weekly sacrifice of deer crackers to Shikanoko.

All hail our Deer overlord Nokotan!
Autoparts_22Jul 8, 12:15 AM
Jul 8, 12:14 AM

Aug 2022
Peak is here! It's so absurd and funny. Great episode.
UnknownGhost5Jul 8, 1:15 AM
Jul 8, 12:44 AM

Feb 2016
IS MY WIFE A DEER?
I THINK YES
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jul 8, 1:04 AM

Jun 2024
I liked this a lot more than I expected.
We got 3D Deer's & slow motion things happening.
A lot of typical comedy stereotypes but they still will very entertaining.

DolFunDolphinVTAug 30, 10:13 PM
I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Jul 8, 1:20 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Omg this was so dumb that it's actually brilliant. What an enjoyable first episode. Did not expect it to be this funny and enjoyable. Now I'm looking forward to see more.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 8, 2:02 AM

Apr 2012
I seem to be in the middle on this one. Found it mildly amusing but not hilarious.
Jul 8, 2:44 AM
Sep 2016
MariMite opening intro!!!! WTF!? wwwwww
Glad to see, after all these years MariMite is still remembered.
uncleqrowJul 8, 2:58 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 8, 3:20 AM
Apr 2024
Joke 1: Shika! (hahahaha)

Joke 2: *A real deer head*

Joke 3: Shika shika! (hahahaha)

Joke 4: Shika. (ahahahahaha)

WTF. Maybe this is funny for autistic people or TikTok addicts, idk.
Jul 8, 3:30 AM
Mar 2022
Very funny and trippy
Jul 8, 3:40 AM
Aug 2023
lmao I love this. absolute peak and funny
Jul 8, 3:41 AM
Dec 2021
⚠️WARNING⚠️do not watch this show sober

If the production, writers room and the animators were all on something making this , so will you trust me it’s a great time
Oh and shikonokonokokonstantan shikonokonokokonstantan shikonokonokokonstantan shikonokonokokonstantan🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
Jul 8, 3:53 AM

Aug 2023
Oh deer this is the funniest shit I've watched since Nichijou, no other anime has made me laugh this hard other than that.
Jul 8, 4:38 AM
May 2024
This anime made me in tears,the emotional message is soo beautifull and Wit studio made a masterclass animation, absolute masterpiece...

(im joking btw, he still deserved 5* tho)
Jul 8, 5:25 AM

Oct 2016
SHIKA

The marketing for this show is insane, of course a big part of that is the Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan meme, but still, it's insane how much people are actually watching this.

Now, let the power of shitpost, brainrot and deer compel us.
Jul 8, 5:54 AM
Jun 2022
i doesn't make sense at all and has a buch of anime references

10/10

(i'm overreacting but i do really like what i'm seeing)
Jul 8, 6:26 AM
Mar 2022
I LOVEEE SHIKANOKONOKONOKONOKOKOSHITANTASN
Jul 8, 6:49 AM

Mar 2024
This is amazing, first episode definitely left me wanting more! It’s so funny ^~^

The anime is honestly just as much brainrot as the meme itself, but isn’t that what makes it so funny lol? It’s so trippy and it makes zero sense sometimes, but that’s what I love about it personally :p

Jul 8, 7:23 AM

Feb 2018
I laughed like two times during the 24-min episode. Feels like poor man's Dokuro-chan.
Would be more watchable in a 5-minute timeslot imo
Jul 8, 7:27 AM
Sep 2019
It's lovely! Plenty of trope and otaku references and surreal moments, Koshitan casually greeting us not even a minute in, and some nice yuribait between the two MCs already. Although not yet the Nichijou S2 level I highly hoped for, like the narrator said: Its only the first episode! So hold on to your horses (deers?) and enjoy

Watched it on the It's Anime Youtube channel, I love the genius that translates Nokotan's "notsu!" greeting into "nroh!" its so good
Jul 8, 7:29 AM
Dec 2023
Absolute Deer, must watch Deer/Deer.
Jul 8, 8:11 AM
Jan 2024
This is so good to turn off the brain and get some laugh.
Jul 8, 8:15 AM

Sep 2016
damn this anime is extremly unfunny
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 8, 8:38 AM
Oct 2019
Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan!!

Nokotan Walking >>> Muzan Kibutsuji Walking

Yeahh definitely turn off brain the Anime.
WTF did i just watched???

Still can't believe WIT Studio working on this LMAO
Jul 8, 9:10 AM

Sep 2020
This anime is not for me. Can't even complete the first episode. I think I would have enjoyed this anime more if I was 12 years old lol.

1/5
ZXEANJul 8, 9:13 AM
Jul 8, 9:53 AM

Feb 2022
Ok, after seeing the op and the scene where she walks into the classroom, i caved and decided to watch it and I'm glad I did.
I initially dismissed it as i thought it looked meh, after ep1 im glad i watched it as its stupidly good fun
Jul 8, 10:26 AM

Sep 2021
What a crazy show! I can only wonder how the author got the idea. I'm sure alcohol was involved. And some deer of course!

But I dare say it's my win, as it's truly hillarious! A very good start!
Jul 8, 11:18 AM
Mar 2018
flawless perfect
Jul 8, 11:54 AM
Jul 2023
For the older fans, it's clear that this in inspired by and an homage to the style of the outrageous/absurd anime comedies like Asobi Asobase, Nichijou, Aho Girl

All for it
Jul 8, 12:43 PM

Aug 2021
i have no idea what i just watched but i kinda liked it for some reason
Jul 8, 12:55 PM

May 2022
Reply to KANLen09
ABEMA early airing, Crunchyroll streams this on Sunday.

Well, from an author like Oshioshio a.k.a Oshio-Mama a.k.a character designer for VTuber Amane Kanata, Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan is the LONG-AWAITED spiritual successor of KyoAni's Nichijou after 13 years. And the OP itself doesn't disappoint, while the ED...is just a goddamn deer showcase of the best of Nara Prefecture, you love to see it.

The school idol of Torako Koshi, who facades as a perfect girl, is in fact a former delinquent...until she meets the deer girl of Noko Shikanoko a.k.a Nokotan knows it all, and will torment her if she does not get down the power lines, electrocuted to death. Sure, Koshi saved her from there, and worst of all, she's in the same class as Torako as a new student, who threatens to expose Koshi as the delinquent...alongside all the other deer CGI, storming the classroom for a first impression that Kimetsu no Yaiba's Muzan Kibutsuji's slow-mo Michael Jackson mooonwalk JUST CAN'T DEFEAT. And just when Torako thought she could talk sense too Nokotan...calling her a delinquent is an absolute no-no.

Koshi is not safe in anyway, having found a tower of deer crackers on her table...and Nokotan drooling from her mouth. And Nokotan trying to break her character this early on, it's so apt lols as Koshi is forced into her bidding in any way, in order not for Nokotan to reveal her acts of delinquency. And when Nokotan tries to clean up an outdoor room by herself, Koshi, more than witnessing her accidental death, helps her out, and their homeroom teacher Ukai...approves their use of a Deer Club. Their comedic duo timing only fuels Koshi's ego so much that she easily becomes the club's president...to take care of her...bringing the attention of a girl's obsession.

We've finally reached PEAK DEER BRAINROT with this show. WHO LET Wit Studio cook from Attack on Titan...to Attack on Deer!?!?

This show would be Anime of the Season contender...NO, ANIME OF THE YEAR contender. Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan~~~
@KANLen09 So actually as I watched this show the first show I thought of was Nichijou. I guess the DNA and/or style of KyoAni definitely shows. This is explain the bizarreness of this show... I was a bit confused but still enjoying it as I had Nichijou.
Jul 8, 1:43 PM
Aug 2021
Peak fiction would watch again
Jul 8, 2:37 PM
Sep 2018
The strange subtitle quality really dampened my personal enjoyment of this episode, but since I can kind of understand Japanese I was able to just focus on the spoken dialogue instead... Hoping that future episodes don't seem so strange.
Jul 8, 2:39 PM
Dec 2022
show is so fucking stupid its peak and i love it
Jul 8, 2:42 PM
Jun 2024
I have no idea what I just watched but I enjoyed myself greatly.
Jul 8, 3:42 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't know what to expect from this show, I'm not entirely sure what I watched but that was hilarious.

Shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan... Damn you OP! Shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan

The ending is a beauty lol.
Jul 8, 4:31 PM
Aug 2021
for readers interested in reading the manga:
this episode adapted chapter 1, 2 and 5.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » best brainrot anime of all time?

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

38 by Aphen23 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

54 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

52 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14

71 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 7

86 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.