Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
A great ending all in all.

I was a bit sad to see all the characters die during the credits, but at least the surviving ones did live a happy life as Eren wished. A happy life plagued with regrets, traumas and grieve that is. And 80% of humanity died so that the rest could... continue killing each other apparently.
Oh and, well, Yelena was right.

A pretty depressing, yet great ending for the masterpiece of the last decade. Ah, I'll miss this show !
Apr 13, 6:54 PM
Jan 2021
The final chapter was a really satisfying ending to end this great show but falls short some other elements, from info dumping that was pulled out of nowhere, it would've been better if the ending was somewhat an open ending, we already somewhat understand eren and I feel there was no need to over examine his actions, though there was still a lot of great moments so all in all it's a flawed ending but a satisfying one nonetheless.
Apr 19, 12:45 AM

Jun 2015
I feel mocked. I can't believe this bitch of all people survived.
Apr 26, 5:33 PM
Oct 2019
Splendid adaptation to its end.
Apr 26, 9:45 PM

Jan 2022
I'm sorry but Armin getting gagged was kinda funny. It was cool to see the past and present titans fighting against each other and in the end helping each other out.

Zeke is right though...in the grand scheme of things, we only exist to multiply. It's a sad reality.

Its interesting that the leaf changed into a ball in Zeke's perspective.

Annie comes in and swoops Armin off his feet, so cute.

I'm glad Levi was finally able to kill Zeke. Zeke looked so excited to see Levi lol

I wasn't expecting Eren to admit his feelings for Mikasa, ugh if only he did something about that.

Pieck looked completely different after not being the cart titan. I mean everyone else also looks healthier

Everyone helped in humanitarian aid, that's hilarious.

Damn, I can't believe I bawled my eyes out for the majority of this. I wasn't expecting everyone to return back to human form and that shit hurted.

*****So did Misaka and Jean get married and have a kid? Also what was the significance behind the kid with the dog at the end?*****

Something I appreciated was the fact that the giant titan's eyes continued to close as the rumbling continued.

The soundtrack, animation, and storyline were phenomenal. This was truly a beautiful anime. I don't think any newer anime/manga will be able to top this story.

Now that being said, how can I get rid of this empty feeling?
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Aug 2014
Well I only gave 8/10 because I liked the ending, 80% killed and Eren also dead. The rest of the story since they left the island was most of the time not to my liking.. rushed, only made as plot device.. also happened in this episode few times, like Pieck getting pierced, but she wait for hours then sayd she can become titan 100 times.. first time now in last episode..

The talking or Eren and Armin / Mikasa in some other dimensions/times were also kinda stupid.. it they happened then they should know all this in main story, but then likely another plot device that he maybe deleted their memories and now only made them remember? still stupid..

The fightings scenes were good.

Mikasa kissing head of Eren was disgusting.

I wonder if that tree at the ending and boy was the same one that Ymir went and another first titan will be created?

I expected way better from this story when Eren was trying to reach his father basement..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 30, 12:30 PM
Aug 2023
Beautifully done.
May 1, 11:35 AM

Aug 2020
Nice and all. I really like that little timelapse and that post-credits scene.
I'm just a nobody, ignore me.
May 10, 2:54 AM
Mar 2022
best show in the entire world
May 10, 10:58 PM
Nov 2023
such ending is a masterpiece, not like any other anime Ive watched. Ill say it how many times, what a masterpiece
May 12, 3:24 AM
Jan 2023
its attack on titan so ofc i love it
May 13, 1:46 AM
Mar 2023
it good it good it goood
May 13, 8:37 PM
May 2023
the BEST piece of fiction I've ever seen.
May 18, 9:43 PM
Nov 2020
man... i need a cuddle
May 19, 3:23 AM
Jan 2021
fucking amazing everyone needs to watch
May 19, 3:30 AM
May 2023
absolute cinema of a climax
May 22, 3:47 AM
Apr 2022
too confusing
kinda rushed but the annimation was great
May 23, 5:49 PM

Mar 2011
I've only just managed to get to the end, because I heard it was fairly bad, but this was worse than I was expected.

Up until the last 30 minutes, I thought the series was basically flawless. I'm just absolutely baffled by how bad this ending is; the more I think about it, the more I hate it. I could deal with a unhappy ending, but having it boil down to Eren basically saying "it was inevitable, I wanted to do this and I don't know why" is the most unsatisfying reasoning I've ever been presented with. I get that inevitability is a theme of an anime, and I was expecting the ending to reflect that, but the arguments presented for it in the last 30 minutes are just dogshit and reductive.

And why are the characters happy that Eren has committed a genocide for them? I wouldn't be happy at all if someone did that, even if, especially if, I had experienced what they had. They know more than anyone how horrendous this genocide was, but when they regain their memories they are happy about the end results? What the fuck? They should be pissed. If they were the characters of 40 minutes ago, they would have been horrified.

Not only are the apparent ethical takeaways of this ending questionable at best, but it was just a massive drop in the quality of storytelling and themes overall.

Absolute trainwreck of an end to an otherwise fantastic series. I just don't understand how this ending came to be, I am completely baffled.
May 26, 11:49 PM
Aug 2021
rumbling its rumbling
May 27, 12:25 AM
Sep 2022
So, I finally completed this last episode, The reason why I took this long to watch this last season or last episode is that, I was not ready to complete it. I never wanted it to end. I was not ready for the end, So I kept rewatching previous seasons again and again. But now I have completed it. I am not a person who can move on, I never move on.
Some scenes from it are the scenes that I want to live in my Real Life also. Like napping under a tree far from the city or all noises. I want to experience the freedom.
Man I have water in my eyes. I am so damn hooked up to it. I never wanted it to end. And not like this atleast.
T_T

And I can say this with 100% clearity that AOT is the best anime no matter what.
May 27, 12:27 AM
Sep 2022
So, I finally completed this last episode, The reason why I took this long to watch this last season or last episode is that, I was not ready to complete it. I never wanted it to end. I was not ready for the end, So I kept rewatching previous seasons again and again. But now I have completed it. I am not a person who can move on, I never move on.
Some scenes from it are the scenes that I want to live in my Real Life also. Like napping under a tree far from the city or all noises. I want to experience the freedom.
Man I have water in my eyes. I am so damn hooked up to it. I never wanted it to end. And not like this atleast.
T_T

And I can say this with 100% clearity that AOT is the best anime no matter what.
May 30, 3:04 AM
Dec 2020
damn, i was expecting this to be garbage....but i got absolute CINEMA.
May 31, 5:14 PM
Dec 2021
masterpiece from start to finish
Jun 1, 11:11 AM
May 2024
a masterpiece. i've got no words for it
Jun 7, 4:05 AM
Aug 2020
I CRIED WHEN ARMIN AND EREN HUGGED AND THEN ARMIN REALISES MIKASA IS DEAD AND IT WAS JUST SO SAD LIKE EVERYONE IS DEAD AND LIKE LEVI IS GIVING THE CANDY AND LIKE CIVILISATION HAS TO START AGAIN AND LIKE WHY COULDN'T EREN AND MIKASA JUST LEAVE LIKE WHO CARES ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE LIKE WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LIVE HAPPILY WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END THIS WAY AND THE END.. DOES THAT MEAN THE BOY AT THE END IS GOING TO RESTART THE TITANS EXISTENCE....
Jun 7, 3:54 PM
Sep 2022
Just finished it after a 12-day binge from episode 1. As an entire series it was very up and down in terms of pacing and animation quality but the final series picked up a bit and the two specials finished the journey in excellent fashion. I've not read the manga so I don't know if the adaption followed it religiously or not but if the writer had this all in mind when he started page-1 then he's some sort of man genius.

Although I think we could have had maybe ⅔ the number of episodes this was a true epic complete with the tragic central character of Erin - the man who was a slave to freedom. From the moment he tore the walls down, Erin was doomed; in fact from the moment he was injected by his father he was doomed, and it was laid out here for all to see. Superbly done.

Even the epilogue flash-forward wasn't too bad. The boy walking into the tree bole was a bit corny but the scenes of warfare before that served to encapsulate the core message of the series - animals fight for their space in the world and humans are just another kind of animal. Like Erin, we talk about freedom but we can't escape our DNA (or, in his case, someone else's DNA :)).

Such a good series marred only by a terrible, terrible soundtrack with some of the worst theme music I've ever heard and patchy animation in places.

9/10
Jun 11, 2:19 PM

Sep 2023
This is probably the first time an anime made me cry, even though I tried to hold back the effect. Maybe it's because I empathized with the relationship between Eren, Mikasa and Armin. The ending was touching.
However, the action scenes were beautiful when they were fighting among the titans on a giant spine.
Jun 19, 12:47 PM
Jun 2015
Yaegerists ftw!!!!!!!!!
Jun 20, 4:26 PM

Apr 2019
Definitely an end of an era. God speed everyone!
Jun 28, 11:30 AM
Dec 2019
I...hate this ending? I mean, I don't think it was full of untelegraphed ass-pulls or anything. It all made sense basically and followed events the show had laid out. But the message is just a cynical miserable pile of shit. Fuck Eren. He fucked over however many millions or billions of people for a fake reset that the show then explicitly shows failed. Which, again, is not out of nowhere for how dark and miserable the show gets but its just bullshit. Cycles can actually be broken and not descending into hateful violence that escalates into genocide can be done and is worth doing! I don't understand why so much of Attack on Titan is the way it is if Isayama's final message is "lol jk nothing matters! Humans just kill each other and always will forever". And if you agree with that then Eren was still wrong because he should've also killed everyone on the island too.

And all of this happened the way it did because Ymir was just an idiot that fell to in love with the wrong guy? Like what the fuck is that? The show is all about parallels so Mikasa also being in love with a violent monster but being able to overcome that for the sake humanity is...something. I suppose the message isn't completely hopeless since people do find joy and make selfless decisions in the AoT universe but compared to how constant and epic their agony is the scales just don't balance. Isayama's relentless commitment to almost everything being absolute shit for everyone 98% of the time is just too much to then end the series maintaining that ratio and being like "yep, everything does mostly suck."

I really like this series and does grow much further beyond what I thought it was at the start. It demonstrates a lot of deep concepts and has a lot of room for viewers to work stuff out and really think about cycles of violence. But not leaving it more ambiguous at the end and so directly showing that the world is/was/will always be a violent shit hole severely undercuts all that work.
Jul 6, 11:44 AM
Jul 2020
Best there is....no less but evermore and igrowing
Jul 9, 2:02 PM
Feb 2021
im shocked lol idk what to say
Jul 12, 5:49 AM
Apr 2021
Kinda felt rushed. Ending made me feel empty instead of fulfilled.
Jul 15, 8:12 PM
Jun 2022
This is a very late review, as I have just realized that I haven't updated it. But this show has really changed my life, it has gotten me through so many things, and I'm sad I wont be able to watch it on Sundays anymore. This last season has brought me to tears almost every episode, and I am so sad it is over. This story was great.
Jul 23, 4:34 PM
Nov 2022
PUTA QUE PARIU!!!
Jul 24, 7:20 PM

Sep 2017
Eren & the Yeagerists were right!!!!
Jul 28, 4:50 AM
Jul 2023
i cried so hard... Truly heartbraking...
Jul 29, 4:13 AM
Jun 2024
We will miss you Attack on titan
Jul 29, 2:20 PM
Jul 2022
Amazing, incredible, uwu
Jul 30, 11:40 PM
Oct 2019
oh for fuck's sake

that's seriously the final scene? someone walking into - and seemingly searching out - that giant, weird ass tree that originally gave ymir that titan power? that is such a bullshit final scene. why?! and we never even learn wtf that thing is or anything

ANYWAYS...

i liked the first chapter of this. the battle was genuinely entertaining, and the obstacles they had to try and overcome were compelling

the second chapter started to get wonky with all that weird ass titan metaphysical "plane" of existence shit. such shit writing

the third chapter, eren magically telling everyone what he was doing but then erasing their memories. such weak ass trash. i absolutely hated all this "timey wimey" shit. this isn't Doctor Who.

simple things i liked were falco jumping on gabi and - from reiner's viewpoint, just seeing something fall in a cloud of dust haha. i had to rewind that to make sure i knew what actually happened. and levi handing out lolli pops to survivor/refugee children

eren had to kill 80% of the world in order to "save" the world? save the titan race? idk, whichever. and it didn't even secure peace. the titan island continued their dumbass "jaegerist" shit. fuck em. fuck em all. they should've just died. (i wonder what would've happened to the wall titans if all of the rest of the titan race were exterminated? would they have remained inanimate colossal titans? and we still have no explanation for how exactly millions of colossal titans ever existed in the first place)

oh, and if this whole thing finished with the titan race all losing their titan powers, why didn't eren just do that from the start? he and "brother" zeke could've just done it on their own from the get go. simple. no need to attack "liberio" and instigate a world war

this whole thing's fucking stupid the more you think about it. and, again, all those hundreds or thousands of "pure" titans they killed even after knowing they were HUMANS. this show loses all credibility.

season 1 and 2 were 9/10 for me. fascinating concept. season 3 part 1 was (idk what i put it as, but that "kenny" plotline was HORRIFIC). season 3 part 2 was much better 8/10. final season part 1, 7/10. same with part 2 i think. and this final final season is like a 6/10. just kept getting worse and worse. the more the story had to EXPLAIN and the closer to a RESOLUTION it got things just started to get crazy. when you have to turn an action type show into some metaphysical bullshit, it's because you've lost it
Jul 30, 11:52 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to LotteGiants
I...hate this ending? I mean, I don't think it was full of untelegraphed ass-pulls or anything. It all made sense basically and followed events the show had laid out. But the message is just a cynical miserable pile of shit. Fuck Eren. He fucked over however many millions or billions of people for a fake reset that the show then explicitly shows failed. Which, again, is not out of nowhere for how dark and miserable the show gets but its just bullshit. Cycles can actually be broken and not descending into hateful violence that escalates into genocide can be done and is worth doing! I don't understand why so much of Attack on Titan is the way it is if Isayama's final message is "lol jk nothing matters! Humans just kill each other and always will forever". And if you agree with that then Eren was still wrong because he should've also killed everyone on the island too.

And all of this happened the way it did because Ymir was just an idiot that fell to in love with the wrong guy? Like what the fuck is that? The show is all about parallels so Mikasa also being in love with a violent monster but being able to overcome that for the sake humanity is...something. I suppose the message isn't completely hopeless since people do find joy and make selfless decisions in the AoT universe but compared to how constant and epic their agony is the scales just don't balance. Isayama's relentless commitment to almost everything being absolute shit for everyone 98% of the time is just too much to then end the series maintaining that ratio and being like "yep, everything does mostly suck."

I really like this series and does grow much further beyond what I thought it was at the start. It demonstrates a lot of deep concepts and has a lot of room for viewers to work stuff out and really think about cycles of violence. But not leaving it more ambiguous at the end and so directly showing that the world is/was/will always be a violent shit hole severely undercuts all that work.
@LotteGiants you hate it? good. because it wasn't good

and all the asspulls came a season or two ago. this is just the logical conclusion of the multitude of prior asspulls and retcon nonsense. oh, wait, i guess the flying titan asspull was pretty recent

oh well. whatever. i watched it. so just like i can say i watched Game of Thrones in all its glory...and awfulness, so can i say the same with Attack on Titan
Aug 2, 6:41 PM

Jul 2020
A painfully written, anticlimactic ending for a black and white soulless husk of cringe romance and faux comradery. A lot of Isayama's decisions in the final season are questionable at minimum and downright retarded at worst; all of this accompanied with the overall lifeless production. S3P2 peaked with the overall accelerated action and served well as a climax, S3 peaked in bureaucracy and political tension; Final Season peaks in how bad it is compared to its predecessors.

1/5
Aug 3, 1:51 PM
Oct 2019
MASTERPIECEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM CRYING
Aug 10, 12:52 AM
Apr 2024
Yes, must of people hate the ending not because it’s bad. Because how impactful it’s.

So many emotions went through my mind while watching it and the fact I still think about it after few days shows how much I loved this anime. The characters, the plot twists ughh gonna miss this so much

There was no way for a show this deep to have a happy ending, I new it from the very beginning. RIP Eren, hange and the rest 💔
Aug 18, 2:07 PM
Oct 2022
This Anime teaches you so much about life. The world that we live in is a cruel world, without happy endings. It rearlly questions the purpose of war and it's roots in humanity itself. Aslong as humans exists, hostility will exists. It also teachces you, that life is an endless cycle which will never change. History WILL repeat itself. Should you be a supporter of war because of that? Of course not. But this show really makes you think about life and us human beings.

10/10
Aug 19, 3:11 PM
Oct 2021
The artpiece that changed my entire life. forever. It will never exist such an amazing anime
Aug 30, 12:14 AM
Jan 2015
One of the all time worst conclusions to an anime. Plot hole after plot hole, multiple deus ex machina, contrivances and nonsense.
Aug 30, 3:05 PM
Aug 2024
Absolutely awful in every single possible way. If you enjoyed the series then skip this episode because it ruins every facet of the otherwise semi cool story
Sep 16, 5:54 PM
Jul 2016
00:33 both Levi and Mikasa felt their heart pounding and knew they where shot at. Their superhuman Ackerman instinct shows

"Iragaru nda - Kemono no kuso-yaro ga!" Gotta love Levi!

OMG IT'S SO EPIC WHEN THE FLYING JAW TITAN FIRST APPEARS AND EVERYONE IS ON IT AND BEING SAVED

And Annie is there =DD "I didn't think he would be able to fly" LMAO
I at first didn't think anything of it when Annie was there XD

I don't think that this is our future. But in the end it means that humanity continues on no matter what. OMG IT'S SO EPIC WHEN THE FLYING JAW TITAN FIRST APPEARS AND EVERYONE IS ON IT AND BEING SAVED. Levi almost died and now he's save!

And Annie is there =DD "I didn't think he would be able to fly" LMAO
I at first didn't think anything of it when Annie was there XD

Woaaa, it's gotta be so cold on that Titan. I don't get how Annie and Gabi can just hang on there with their normal clothes on

The way they look at each other when everyone's there XD

Everyone is so sad but know they need to end Eren =(( But they know they have to do it

Annie and Mikasa have an understanding now, Annie knows that she couldn't bear to kill Armin either.

THE WAY THEY HAD NO IDEA HOW TO DESCRIBE THE TITAN LMAOOO
"That Okapi or whatever it is!"

Annie and Mikasa teamwork, so coool

I love the message that the part conveys where Zeke and Armin work together.
And Levi stopped the rumbling immediately without even waiting a second. Because everywhere in the world where the rumbling is going on even one second longer, it could make the difference between someone's best friend being there or being gone, someone loosing their parents or not. Same with Mikasa

While I think the very few last minutes with the time-lapse are poetic. I think the conclusion is a little generic. Like "Humanity will always be bad?"
It feels like Isayama was just exhausted. But that doesn't make the rest of the story bad or disregards it in any way.

Sep 18, 12:51 PM
Jul 2024
Beautiful ending to a perfect story.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by AnimeBinger6969 »»
Sep 21, 11:44 PM

Poll: » did eren died a...

removed-user - Aug 12

2 by asdewqw3erfgt »»
Aug 30, 4:20 AM

» Recap (?) Movie

tsubasalover - Aug 17

18 by thunderkitten13 »»
Aug 18, 8:42 AM

» One of the Ending’s Biggest Issues for Me (Spoiler Alert).

no_comparisonBM - Aug 1

43 by Anime_4_life227 »»
Aug 12, 2:04 AM

» WHO DOES MIKASA END UP WITH ?? ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - Nov 5, 2023

82 by no_comparisonBM »»
Aug 10, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.