Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 11:50 PM

Oct 2012
like does this movie give closure or does it continue leave the movie open ended
Jan 31, 12:47 AM

Jan 2009
from spoilers i read on reddit it has a conclusive ending already so they can end it all here https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/19fap84/gundam_seed_freedom_megathread/
Jan 31, 9:12 AM

Oct 2012
Reply to deg
from spoilers i read on reddit it has a conclusive ending already so they can end it all here https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/19fap84/gundam_seed_freedom_megathread/
@deg lol lacus ntr q.q
Jan 31, 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to ss4chris
@deg lol lacus ntr q.q
@ss4chris its a bait look at the full spoiler here https://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=11181
Jan 31, 1:06 PM
May 2011
I thought there was closure at the end of SEED. Then I thought there was closure at the end of Destiny. Like with Code Geass, if they want to make more, they'll just make more.
Jan 31, 2:30 PM
Apr 2014
They give enough closure to end it, but at the same time there ares till blue cosmos remnants on earth by the end of the film. I would say the only conclusive closure is Lacus and Kiras relationship. They could cook something up given a 5 to 10 year jump.
Jan 31, 10:13 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to deg
@ss4chris its a bait look at the full spoiler here https://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=11181
@deg clicks*

okay ty :O
Feb 11, 11:03 AM
Apr 2022
considering all alternate universe are meant to end, I guess. But cosmic era has shown to exceed universal century in popularity and box office revenue shows. They can always make a prequel, ova, etc.
Feb 19, 10:58 AM

Jun 2011
I bet they did not expect such success. We might get some Astray OVAs ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 11:54 PM

Mar 2021
Stage greetings and events were held in January and February, and from the comments of the director and voice actors, it seemed that if they wanted to make a sequel, ...... It seemed as if they could make a sequel.

@Seiya0890 To be frank, I never imagined that it would reach the level of over 3 billion at the box office. The week after it was released, the Demon Slayer TV compilation plus an episode of the next series also started showing. Now they are doing a popularity contest, but since the Astray series is not in it, it will be difficult to release an OVA..
kihelFeb 20, 12:02 AM

Feb 20, 12:31 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to kihel
Stage greetings and events were held in January and February, and from the comments of the director and voice actors, it seemed that if they wanted to make a sequel, ...... It seemed as if they could make a sequel.

@Seiya0890 To be frank, I never imagined that it would reach the level of over 3 billion at the box office. The week after it was released, the Demon Slayer TV compilation plus an episode of the next series also started showing. Now they are doing a popularity contest, but since the Astray series is not in it, it will be difficult to release an OVA..
@kihel I see, tbh I would prefer they don't touch the current cast again. At first I was scared of this movie as it was the occasion to kill Kira & Lacus. I don't want to give them another chance ahah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 7:11 PM

Mar 2019
I sure hope it is. I admit it actually seems like an okay movie for what it is, a nostalgia bait cash grab an astronomically successful one at that from the looks of it. I bet they don't even talk about the space whales. Cool Lacus x Kira movie, but I came here for space whales and Shinn. They still have the audacity to pretend like Athrun's or even Kira's love drama is remotely interesting, though Seed always did have a habit of having the least organic romance ever.

Frankly the best decision they've made thus far is pretending that Lacus has enough agency as a character to be anything other than Kira's love interest. I mean come on just look at the opening of the original show, how is anyone supposed to take any kind of Flay and Kira relationship seriously when Kira and Lacus are hugging eachother naked in the opening, even though the pink haired girl hasn't even appeared yet! And what's with Lacus's spacesuit, like c'mon.

Them giving every female character permanent lipstick lips was enough of a sing about how serious, this movie is about itself. I mean c'mon the lips were just fine in the original show, and for that matter the other shows by Hisashi Hirai after Gundam Seed, so I don't see any reason for them to be in this show.

Like can I just talk about the mechanic bird, didn't the mechanic bird symbolize Kira's and Athrun's friendship in the original show, and him always having his back? Why in the expletive does he make another stupid BIRDDDD! Like I won't even bother pretending like anyone cares about Birdy at this point, but why the stupid blue bird, if that blue one isn't like a Kira love bird or something. I should've thought of this one when the first trailer came out, my post would've seemed like a theory, instead of just shipping.

"Oh Hey Kira, I just made this blue bird to warn you about these evil clone guys, because this is just how I communicate with my friends now. I'm also super mysterious now, so mysterious that I just ominously warn people by giving them friendship birds". I suppose this is just one of those mysterious funny plot points, like how Rau and Flay's dad had the same voice Flay even acknowledged it, but they never talked about it again. Actually they should make more, if only to finally resolve that plot point, just magically bring back the characters I liked, like Badgierule and Flay.
KumiveneellaFeb 20, 7:29 PM
Feb 27, 3:29 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Seiya0890
@kihel I see, tbh I would prefer they don't touch the current cast again. At first I was scared of this movie as it was the occasion to kill Kira & Lacus. I don't want to give them another chance ahah
@Seiya0890 it will take many many years before we seed get the unicorn treatment. Sunrise did not expect this movie to pull a top gun maverick and beat demon slayer, spy x, and haikyuu relatively. Recency bias is huge in japan. That is why you see Lycoris and Bocchi have more followers than Bleach.
Feb 27, 3:31 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to kihel

@kihel reason there isn't a sequel announced is because sunrise had no idea the movie could compete with demon slayer, spy x, and haikyuu and relatively beat them. Seed Freedom pulled a top gun maverick. Even eva probably couldn't have done this. So they have nothing planned and it would take years for it to come into fruition
Feb 27, 3:31 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Kumiveneella
I sure hope it is. I admit it actually seems like an okay movie for what it is, a nostalgia bait cash grab an astronomically successful one at that from the looks of it. I bet they don't even talk about the space whales. Cool Lacus x Kira movie, but I came here for space whales and Shinn. They still have the audacity to pretend like Athrun's or even Kira's love drama is remotely interesting, though Seed always did have a habit of having the least organic romance ever.

Frankly the best decision they've made thus far is pretending that Lacus has enough agency as a character to be anything other than Kira's love interest. I mean come on just look at the opening of the original show, how is anyone supposed to take any kind of Flay and Kira relationship seriously when Kira and Lacus are hugging eachother naked in the opening, even though the pink haired girl hasn't even appeared yet! And what's with Lacus's spacesuit, like c'mon.

Them giving every female character permanent lipstick lips was enough of a sing about how serious, this movie is about itself. I mean c'mon the lips were just fine in the original show, and for that matter the other shows by Hisashi Hirai after Gundam Seed, so I don't see any reason for them to be in this show.

Like can I just talk about the mechanic bird, didn't the mechanic bird symbolize Kira's and Athrun's friendship in the original show, and him always having his back? Why in the expletive does he make another stupid BIRDDDD! Like I won't even bother pretending like anyone cares about Birdy at this point, but why the stupid blue bird, if that blue one isn't like a Kira love bird or something. I should've thought of this one when the first trailer came out, my post would've seemed like a theory, instead of just shipping.

"Oh Hey Kira, I just made this blue bird to warn you about these evil clone guys, because this is just how I communicate with my friends now. I'm also super mysterious now, so mysterious that I just ominously warn people by giving them friendship birds". I suppose this is just one of those mysterious funny plot points, like how Rau and Flay's dad had the same voice Flay even acknowledged it, but they never talked about it again. Actually they should make more, if only to finally resolve that plot point, just magically bring back the characters I liked, like Badgierule and Flay.
@Kumiveneella seed freedom pulled a top gun maverick for anime. Even Eva wouldn't have been able to do that.
Feb 27, 4:11 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to DEMSpirit
@kihel reason there isn't a sequel announced is because sunrise had no idea the movie could compete with demon slayer, spy x, and haikyuu and relatively beat them. Seed Freedom pulled a top gun maverick. Even eva probably couldn't have done this. So they have nothing planned and it would take years for it to come into fruition
@DEMSpirit

You are right about the film's box office, and I don't think the production team expected it to sell as well as it did. I think the reason why a sequel has not been announced is because the movie "Flash Hathaway" is still in production and the production of that movie has priority.

I also think that one of the reasons why a sequel has not been announced is that this movie was not made with the intention of producing a sequel from the beginning.

As for Eva, I don't think we can make much of a comparison since the number of theaters gradually increased as the first and second films progressed, and the way the final film was released on the first day, the way special offers were given, etc., were different from those of this film.

You mentioned that you have no plans to do anything, but the parts of the story that were cut from the movie and the novel that was distributed as a bonus have not been made into an anime, and the director has talked about the future of the characters in stage greetings and interviews, so maybe there will be a prequel or sequel.

Well, since you haven't seen the movie yet in the first place, please watch it and enjoy it first!

Feb 27, 6:36 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to kihel
@DEMSpirit

You are right about the film's box office, and I don't think the production team expected it to sell as well as it did. I think the reason why a sequel has not been announced is because the movie "Flash Hathaway" is still in production and the production of that movie has priority.

I also think that one of the reasons why a sequel has not been announced is that this movie was not made with the intention of producing a sequel from the beginning.

As for Eva, I don't think we can make much of a comparison since the number of theaters gradually increased as the first and second films progressed, and the way the final film was released on the first day, the way special offers were given, etc., were different from those of this film.

You mentioned that you have no plans to do anything, but the parts of the story that were cut from the movie and the novel that was distributed as a bonus have not been made into an anime, and the director has talked about the future of the characters in stage greetings and interviews, so maybe there will be a prequel or sequel.

Well, since you haven't seen the movie yet in the first place, please watch it and enjoy it first!
@kihel recency bias has a huge effect in japan as well. The last film that people expect to do well is a sequel to a show from 20 years ago with no additions. We can exclude the remasters. If they made a sequel to cowboy Bebop, I doubt it can pull off the same effect.

But it does show nostalgia can be strong in japan. And you can pull the Spiderman no way home effect.
Mar 13, 11:00 PM
Mar 2016
after 2 decaded. 20 years. well that's really long. why decide to end now.
also 100 episodes. stop joking I can't remember what is going on and what are the story. don't have time to go 8 movies recap either. back in 2016 when watch for the first time all I care about is gundam model and feature and special power, battle and romance between 2 MC. don't even care about why there is a war going on or what happened in that Gundam Seed universe.
Mar 14, 3:14 AM

Jul 2020
Having now seen the movie I think it definitely leaves room for a sequel. I mean it was basically a retread of Seed Destiny already and ends rather simply, so there is certainly nothing stopping a continuation especially given how successful it has been.
Apr 20, 9:42 PM
Sep 2023
Fukuda, the director, already stated in a recent interview that he's working on several different projects, and one hints at a Seed prequel.
May 8, 6:12 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah this movie doesn't really conclusively put a bow on anything, tensions between the plants and earth are still sky high, this less felt like a send off and more just a re-affirming the characters motivations and relationships.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Freedom Episode 1 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Mar 23

29 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 23, 4:40 PM

» PV & Release Date

5hadow17 - Jul 2, 2023

24 by AddaeAkono »»
Mar 30, 7:20 PM

» Do we need to watch Gundam SEED + Destiny to watch this ?

Mensualite - Mar 21

9 by thefrog1192 »»
Mar 29, 10:33 PM

» full movie spoilers

deg - Jan 31

2 by kihel »»
Feb 20, 12:20 AM

» Takanori Nishikawa with t.komuro - FREEDOM and “Mobile Suit Gundam SEED FREEDOM” Collaboration MV

deg - Feb 9

0 by deg »»
Feb 9, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.