Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 11:00 AM
Feb 2021
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. The story is less eventful than I expected. The anime is listed as adventure-drama-fantasy shounen but seems to be slice of life more than anything. Does it get a bit more exciting or is it more of a chill anime to enjoy in a different way? I just don't know if it's something I currently want to get into or something I'll come back to some other time.
Nocturne18Feb 14, 3:39 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 11:12 AM

Sep 2016
Episode 7 to 10 if you don't enjoy it after that then you never will.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 14, 11:20 AM

Dec 2021
Depends on what you want from it.

The pace is pretty much the same and is very consistent with it. But there are more eventful episodes later on, that may generally seem "more interesting". However, the story never tried to be eventful, complicated or heavy. So if you're expecting some intense story, you might get disappointed.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Feb 14, 11:40 AM
Mar 2021
Things get exciting and interesting in episode 1
Feb 14, 11:48 AM

Apr 2020
From the first minute
Feb 14, 11:59 AM
Apr 2023
Again the same spot.
Feb 14, 12:06 PM

Nov 2020
From the first episode❀️Why did you start watching it? Were you encouraged by the plot description or did you go in blind because it's an anime in the first place? I assume it's the latter, if after the first four episodes, which in my opinion are the peak of this anime, you didn't love it, it means that this anime is not for you and I recommend next time not to blindly follow the hype.
Feb 14, 12:17 PM
May 2023
WYM!?

It's really interesting from episode one !
Feb 14, 12:19 PM

Apr 2021
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. Is there there a point where things get a bit more exciting? I just don't know if it's worth my time if I wont get to enjoy it more.

Current #1 anime on MAL - SOUSOU NO FRIEREN

You: “This is boring, seems like a waste of my time”

I don’t think it’s the anime that’s the problem here.

If you lack the patience to watch all the episodes the #1 rated anime, then it’s you man.

SOUSOU NO FRIEREN is not boring at all and not a waste of time.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 14, 12:19 PM
Nov 2023
Ba-Cii10 said:
From the first episode❀️Why did you start watching it? Were you encouraged by the plot description or did you go in blind because it's an anime in the first place? I assume it's the latter, if after the first four episodes, which in my opinion are the peak of this anime, you didn't love it, it means that this anime is not for you and I recommend next time not to blindly follow the hype.

You probably got it right for the majority of cases, but if just one shonen watcher gets tempted to check out what the hype is about and ACTUALLY ENJOYS IT, it may widen their enjoyment of anime, so please don’t discourage them πŸ™πŸ»
BTW I also find the daily ‘when will it get good?’ posts annoying, but slapping idiots doesn’t make them stop being idiots, as I’ve discovered with time.
FutoiOtakuFeb 14, 12:22 PM
Feb 14, 12:22 PM
Dec 2022
Well, it's interesting from the first episode. I don't know why you don't see that but don't give up, from episode 7 and up, things will get more interesting to you. So be patient. It's the embodiment of peak shōnen anime, you won't regret it.
CheliosXFeb 14, 4:51 PM
Feb 14, 12:26 PM
Mar 2023
It’s interesting from episode one. If you’re four deep and not vibing with it then it’s just not for you. Nothing wrong with that.
Feb 14, 12:35 PM
Aug 2021
ejleon said:
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. Is there there a point where things get a bit more exciting? I just don't know if it's worth my time if I wont get to enjoy it more.

If you lack the patience to watch all the episodes the #1 rated anime, then it’s you man.

I agree it is very good and through 4 episodes am very entertained but there is no such thing as universal quality in media. There may be mass consensus on many shows and movies but there will always be people who aren’t entertained by something for one reason or another.
Feb 14, 1:00 PM
Nov 2018
@MEMORYno1 I like it enough to watch up to episode 22. It's more adventurer type slice of life more than anything else.
MoppitFeb 15, 12:59 AM
Feb 14, 1:02 PM
Jan 2023
ejleon said:
MEMORYno1 said:

Yeah I was about to say the same thing

If you are wondering it's #1 then it will definitely something like super action/Shonen kinda thing but it's not people have lots of those, it's something new it's something that gives you a break and allows you to chill. The animation might go crazy sometimes but you shouldn't go Super Saiyan in this.
Feb 14, 1:20 PM
Jul 2023
Honestly it doesn’t
It’s a slow paced anime so if you’re tik tok brain you probably won’t like it
Feb 14, 1:33 PM

Nov 2021
It's peak starting from episode 1 imo
Feb 14, 1:47 PM
Sep 2019
Geez so many salty people in here. We all have different tastes.

Like others have said, it stays pretty similar. The latest arc has more action. But yeah, is you don't like it now you probably won't.
Feb 14, 1:48 PM

Jul 2017
there are slower arcs and arcs with more action, id say keep watching
Feb 14, 2:09 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Chronon
Depends on what you want from it.

The pace is pretty much the same and is very consistent with it. But there are more eventful episodes later on, that may generally seem "more interesting". However, the story never tried to be eventful, complicated or heavy. So if you're expecting some intense story, you might get disappointed.
@Chronon Thanks for the reply. I guess I was expecting a bigger plot to happen at some point in the anime but it's more slice of life than I thought . There's a lot of people that really seem to be enjoying the anime and I'd love to enjoy it as well so I think I'll give it a few more episodes.
Feb 14, 2:23 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to ejleon
MEMORYno1 said:

@ejleon Thanks for the reply. I think you might be mistaking patience for preference. And preference really is on me like you said. Im also not questioning the quality of the anime.
Feb 14, 2:40 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to OKBUCK610
ejleon said:
MEMORYno1 said:

I agree it is very good and through 4 episodes am very entertained but there is no such thing as universal quality in media. There may be mass consensus on many shows and movies but there will always be people who aren’t entertained by something for one reason or another.
@OKBUCK610 interesting point…

So you are making the claim that there are no “good things” in reality, just majority vs minority of opinions?

Logically speaking, I have to disagree with this subjective viewpoint.

Yes, people’s opinions agree or disagree, but there are objectively “good things” in reality, including in media.

And example could be the 3 Star Wars Trilogies. People like or dislike each trilogy for their own reasons, but when objectively judged, the 1st had better writing, 2nd had better graphics, the 3rd was too political and changed the original story too much, ruining the Star Wars universe, and the majority of opinions agree with this viewpoint.

SOUSOU NO FRIEREN, people like or dislike it for their own reasons, but when judged according to MAL rating criteria, it basically gets a 10/10 in all the categories. It is a good anime, and the majority of opinions agree.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Feb 14, 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
its mostly slice of life and adventure so drop it if you do not like that
Feb 14, 2:42 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Nocturne18
@ejleon Thanks for the reply. I think you might be mistaking patience for preference. And preference really is on me like you said. Im also not questioning the quality of the anime.
@MEMORYno1 - I see what you are saying. If it’s something you just don’t prefer, then I totally understand. No argument against that. Thank you for explaining your perspective.

Feb 14, 2:43 PM
Dec 2021
I was loving it until the competition started in the last few episodes. I hate this competition and it seems like it will never end aaaaa
Feb 14, 2:44 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Bolona07
Honestly it doesn’t
It’s a slow paced anime so if you’re tik tok brain you probably won’t like it
@Bolona07 Thanks for the input. The first half of your reply made sense, then you mentioned this tik tok thing and brains. I mean I don't know what tik tok is but that would make us perfect friends because you don't know what brains are.

Seriously though why reply if you're just going to be rude for no reason.
Feb 14, 2:44 PM
Feb 2022
If you don't enjoy it from the start, or even now, drop it, it's not for you.
Feb 14, 2:53 PM

Oct 2021
What even count as "exciting" for you my dude? The first 4 episode are enough to give you what kind of anime this is.
Feb 14, 3:01 PM

Mar 2023
"exciting" doesnt always mean "action" πŸ’€
Feb 14, 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
MEMORYno1 said:

I was the same way at first. I thought it was boring but at some point it became a 10/10 for me. I’d try a few more episodes but it’s also possible this show just isn’t for you 🀷🏽‍♀️ nothing wrong with that
Feb 14, 3:25 PM
Feb 2021
3 episode rule my guy...
Feb 14, 3:46 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Leadle_Lee
MEMORYno1 said:

I was the same way at first. I thought it was boring but at some point it became a 10/10 for me. I’d try a few more episodes but it’s also possible this show just isn’t for you 🀷🏽‍♀️ nothing wrong with that
@Leadle_Lee Thanks for the reply. Glad to see im not the only one. And I hope it grows on me too.
Feb 14, 4:06 PM
Mar 2019
episode 14 or something when they fight a bird episode 10 is disappointing and a let down just push through it
Feb 14, 4:20 PM
Jan 2018
Find out yourself
Feb 14, 4:22 PM
Jul 2019
MEMORYno1 said:
I've watched four episodes and it's pretty good but it feels as if nothing much is actually happening. The story is less eventful than I expected. The anime is listed as adventure-drama-fantasy shounen but seems to be slice of life more than anything. Does it get a bit more exciting or is it more of a chill anime to enjoy in a different way? I just don't know if it's something I currently want to get into or something I'll come back to some other time.

it took me till episode 15 to start enjoying more.
Feb 14, 4:25 PM
Jul 2019
ejleon said:
MEMORYno1 said:

The mals ranking system is flawed, so you can't just say because it's number 1 that makes it good.
don't get me wrong, I like the show, but I don't think it's the best anime ever made.
Feb 14, 4:28 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Nyamaste
Geez so many salty people in here. We all have different tastes.

Like others have said, it stays pretty similar. The latest arc has more action. But yeah, is you don't like it now you probably won't.
@Nyamaste Thanks for the reply. I guess im not the only the one to notice some people aren't being very helpful. Nevertheless after reading some of the more informative replies I think I'll stick with it a little longer.
Feb 14, 4:33 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to CheliosX
Well, it's interesting from the first episode. I don't know why you don't see that but don't give up, from episode 7 and up, things will get more interesting to you. So be patient. It's the embodiment of peak shōnen anime, you won't regret it.
@CheliosX Thank you very much for the reply. Thats very helpful.
Feb 14, 4:35 PM

Apr 2020
As soon as you stop hating, give credit where credit is due and remember that life is good^^
That's the exact moment, I think.
Feb 14, 4:36 PM

Apr 2021
suffixomatic said:
ejleon said:

The mals ranking system is flawed, so you can't just say because it's number 1 that makes it good.
don't get me wrong, I like the show, but I don't think it's the best anime ever made.

I agree with you, the MAL rating system is flawed, there are 4 Gitama on the top 10 list which is just strange since it’s such a weird show, so I don’t follow it for that reason.

But I was actually referring to when you write a review for an anime on MAL, it has a number of categories listed to judge an anime, and going by those, I think this anime makes the top 10, if not not #1.

I think the current MAL top ten has anime that don’t deserve to be in there.

Feb 14, 4:38 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Kitsune_089
there are slower arcs and arcs with more action, id say keep watching
@Kitsune_089 Thanks for the reply. Thats good to know.

Feb 14, 4:38 PM

Apr 2021
MisfitOtaku said:
ejleon said:

Yeah I was about to say the same thing

If you are wondering it's #1 then it will definitely something like super action/Shonen kinda thing but it's not people have lots of those, it's something new it's something that gives you a break and allows you to chill. The animation might go crazy sometimes but you shouldn't go Super Saiyan in this.

Thank you for response.

I agree with you.

Feb 14, 4:41 PM
Jun 2022
Dont watch it if u didnt like it thats simple
Feb 14, 4:52 PM
Dec 2022
MEMORYno1 said:
@CheliosX Thank you very much for the reply. Thats very helpful.

Aye, you welcome, brodie.
Feb 14, 4:54 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Merve2Love
As soon as you stop hating, give credit where credit is due and remember that life is good^^
That's the exact moment, I think.
@Merve2Love Thanks for the reply. I just can't stop something I haven't started, and I also remember saying the anime was good, never doubting it's quality. Im glad your life is good though.
Feb 14, 4:59 PM

Oct 2014
This show is a slow paced shonen which is completely different from your action pack battle shonens out there.

The pacing is pretty much going to be the same throughout the entire show, but for me when they introduced stark ep 5-6 is when i started liking it.

Honestly the show is just about each character’s interactions with one another and world building. There are some pretty good animated fights scenes but thats not why the show is loved by a lot.
Feb 14, 5:04 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Nocturne18
@Merve2Love Thanks for the reply. I just can't stop something I haven't started, and I also remember saying the anime was good, never doubting it's quality. Im glad your life is good though.
@MEMORYno1

Don't get all sassy^^
I just think these kinda Threads are pointless. My bad.
Feb 14, 5:19 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to kisip123
This show is a slow paced shonen which is completely different from your action pack battle shonens out there.

The pacing is pretty much going to be the same throughout the entire show, but for me when they introduced stark ep 5-6 is when i started liking it.

Honestly the show is just about each character’s interactions with one another and world building. There are some pretty good animated fights scenes but thats not why the show is loved by a lot.
@kisip123 Thanks for the informative reply. Thats quite helpful.
Feb 14, 5:21 PM
Nov 2017
Dont, if Slice-of-Life not your appetite better drop it.
90% of the journey is a light hearted drama adventure.
Its Shounen simply cause it published by Shounen publisher.
Feb 14, 5:28 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Merve2Love
@MEMORYno1

Don't get all sassy^^
I just think these kinda Threads are pointless. My bad.
@Merve2Love You think these threads are pointless yet you engage with them. And don't worry I didn't get 'sassy'. You're good though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why Frieren will inspire better stories

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

30 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

826 by ReaperCreeper »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

231 by ad0rablegoat »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

59 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

35 by Scyon »»
Yesterday, 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.