Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 AM

May 2019
wtf is this visual vomit

Nov 17, 2023 11:12 AM
Jan 2022
10/10 just amazing in every way absolutely loved just amazing in every way perfection
Nov 17, 2023 11:23 AM
Nov 2023
Great episode! Just gotta find something to fill the pain in my heart 👍
Nov 17, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2019
Yuji: "DIE!!!"

Sukuna: "You are my special.."
Nov 17, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 2022
anime episode of the year
Nov 17, 2023 11:58 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was BEYOND Fantastic, it was a true masterpiece 11/10 <3

I'm so excited we still get to see 7 more episodes

This season has been a BLAST!
Nov 17, 2023 12:13 PM
Sep 2023
AMAZING!!! you where really able to feel the despair in the last few minutes. and the music at the end hit like a beast, what a amazing episode!
Nov 17, 2023 12:15 PM

Jan 2019
I'm starting to think the higher ups were valid for wanting to execute Yuji. I'm excited to see where it'll go from here, I find it hard to believe that the government could cover all this up.

Nov 17, 2023 12:22 PM
Jun 2017
Cinematic masterpiece
Nov 17, 2023 12:34 PM

Jul 2022
animation could be better but still epic fight no cap no cap
Nov 17, 2023 12:49 PM
Mar 2020
I was really looking forward seeing this fight in animation, but man I was so disappointed. Absolutely horrible. The animation was unbearable, not to mention the fight itself. I know for the anime you need to add some more stuff which did not happen in the manga but this was way too much unnecessary fighting and on top of it, super badly animated. I really think the studio needs to give the animators and the whole staff itself a big break so they can recharge and put more quality into the adaptation.
Take a look at Toji vs Gojo. The anime didnt add that many extra moves into that fight but still looked amazing in the anime. But this fight, was just unbearable for me to watch.
Nov 17, 2023 12:57 PM
Mar 2023
peak of animation
Nov 17, 2023 12:57 PM
Oct 2016
I have never ever seen this animation level in any anime before. It was beautiful and I was glad to witness this.
Nov 17, 2023 1:11 PM
Apr 2021
peak fiction.
Thank you JJK team fuck you mappa
Nov 17, 2023 1:14 PM
Sep 2018
Damn Sukuna wiped Shibuya off the map with a colourful shounen fight of all time
Nov 17, 2023 1:23 PM
Apr 2022
That episode is really good, the fight is one of better things that i have see, and the final drama is a nice close
Nov 17, 2023 1:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That whole fight sequence which took almost the entire episode was on point, and it was damn impressive, though it kinda felt like unfinished regarding the overall art style, I don't know but it felt different, not necessarily in a bad way though.
Nov 17, 2023 1:45 PM
Nov 2023
best fight ever
MAHORAGA
Nov 17, 2023 1:47 PM
Apr 2016
Reply to thebrentinator24
When they skip the OP in an action anime, you know some shit is about to get crazy.

There's THE BOY, MAHORAGA!!

The rumors that this episode would be even better than last weeks ended up holding true, what a fucking episode. They added A LOT, I mean A FUCKING LOT of anime original moments throughout the fight. I'll never complain about that, I love seeing all the things the staff decides to add in. Sukuna vs. Mahoraga lived up to the hype, what an animation masterclass. Just spectacular visuals that had me pausing, rewinding, and slowing down the playback speed multiple times 💀💀💀Sukuna is such a dope character and Mahoraga is a cool ass Shikigami. The Nanami cliffhanger....not the cliffhanger I expected the episode to end on, but man :(

Hearing the news over the past few weeks of the atrocious production schedule makes me eternally appreciative of the staff that still, despite being done dirty in that regard, manage to deliver absolute peak like this. They deserve so much fucking better.

Nycro said:
Showing Nanami for the sake of having a cliffhanger every single episode just ruins the whole thing.

Bruh how does this ruin anything, you just looking for anything to complain about? 💀💀

Edit after reading more comments in this thread: Even though I want this series to get the best adaptation possible, at this point I kind of want JJK after this season to follow the fate of Seven Deadly Sins after its 2nd season and end up in the hands of Studio Deen with the most atrocious animation imaginable, because holy shit, this fandom doesn't deserve this adaptation. Some of these complaints are legit the most nitpicky bullshit I've ever seen 💀💀💀 the OP playing during Yuji's breakdown actually makes perfect sense, particularly to the target audience, ya know, ACTUAL Japanese people. For us non-fluent foreigners, if you actually take 2 minutes to look up the English lyrics and read it from Sukuna's POV, it'll make more sense. Also, complaining about the Nanami cliffhanger is just....lol. He showed up for 15 seconds, stop acting like that ruined the whole fucking episode. That's just an unserious nitpick, let's be real, because I've yet to see anyone provide a legitimate reason for why that was such a problem. And even if this episode was unfinished and didn't meet the standard that the staff would have liked, you can't sit here and unironically say with a straight face that this was poorly animated. THIS was bad animation?!?!?! Because even unfinished, it looked better than a majority of other anime at the moment. I guarantee to the untrained eye, to the casual viewer, NO ONE will be like "oh well actually 🤓☝ the compositing during the sequence from the 14:27-14:33 mark was poorly done, and for a split second at the 16:42 mark you could see a slight dip in the animation quality if you pause at just the perfect nanosecond." I'm convinced that MAL people are just committed to searching for literally anything negative to say.
@thebrentinator24 okay, but all i will say is that i agree with you as i dont see any reasons to hate this episode, for animation especially. I cant come up with any reason, how come someone sees it as a bad animation, when it was so beautiful to watch it. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! So i would like to know in this case when You consider someone liking anime if You said earlier that no one is like that here on MAL and no one can convince You with that otherwise. Does it mean that You know what im thinking and even if I dont see any reasons to hate it when action and animation was THIS good, You consider me hating it when I dont know something about it but I appreciate it and have respect for it? Thanks for the answer, if You got me right, and if im wrong about something here, please educate me about something that i should know about it. Interested to see your opinion on this and any explanations , if I also misunderstood anything, as I have short memory. thanks
Nov 17, 2023 2:00 PM
Oct 2022
Animation was god tier
Nov 17, 2023 2:03 PM
Nov 2023
BEST episode ever!
Nov 17, 2023 2:47 PM
Apr 2022
way better than Frieren. no offense. 11/10 episode.
Nov 17, 2023 3:09 PM
Jan 2022
With everything going on in mappa i'm impressed by the ep and how amazing it is. I'm glad that so many watchers appreciate the workers and are trying to hold the company accountable. They are nothing without their employees who work their butts off. They deserve so much more. This treatment is disgusting. But the episode was great! Also i'm happy that goggle daddi minami is back! Well... half back lol
Nov 17, 2023 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Hitachiandyou
@thebrentinator24 okay, but all i will say is that i agree with you as i dont see any reasons to hate this episode, for animation especially. I cant come up with any reason, how come someone sees it as a bad animation, when it was so beautiful to watch it. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! So i would like to know in this case when You consider someone liking anime if You said earlier that no one is like that here on MAL and no one can convince You with that otherwise. Does it mean that You know what im thinking and even if I dont see any reasons to hate it when action and animation was THIS good, You consider me hating it when I dont know something about it but I appreciate it and have respect for it? Thanks for the answer, if You got me right, and if im wrong about something here, please educate me about something that i should know about it. Interested to see your opinion on this and any explanations , if I also misunderstood anything, as I have short memory. thanks
@Hitachiandyou I'm mainly just making a blanket statement in general and it's not really anything to take seriously lol. I'll see specific people in different forums from time to time where it seems like they only ever have negative things to say, or I'll see "criticisms" that feel less like actual criticism about an episode/chapter, and more like forced nitpicking (not just in this thread but in general). I do see plenty of positive things that people say on MAL, don't get me wrong, but I just made a generalized statement about the negativity.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 17, 2023 3:15 PM
Jul 2011
I hate commenting about the staff situation still (beating a dead horse at this point) but watching this episode you could basically feel the workers being squeezed dry here. The animation was both great and lacking at the same time. The scale and raw power is conveyed in excellent fashion but obvious some scene ideas was rushed just to get the next moment. All this just to power hype Sukuna even more? Wow. Hope there is still enough juice left for a satisfying finale with the workers not combusting themselves. Also the "YOU ARE MY SPECIAL" song kind of clashed with Yuji's meltdown moment.
Nov 17, 2023 3:19 PM
Jan 2022
10/10 no more to say
Nov 17, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2023
the animations are perfekt and its peak fiction i love it.
Nov 17, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
i thought the previous episode was already impressive, this one was even more insane
Nov 17, 2023 3:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Malevolent Kitchen. Fillet and Dissect. Makora turned into a crisp burnt side dish tuna. Oh yeah chef Sukuna just making this cooking episode great with all the recipe he serve. Itadori shall just enjoy and not to puke smh. I mean look at the hole at Sukuna creation to the entire city. As Gordon Ramsay ever say, while googling, 'for what we are about to eat, may the Lord make us truly not vomit'.

Nanami on the side tho. Enjoying the walk while he slowly turn into a zombie. Or, that is what i wish....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 17, 2023 3:44 PM
Oct 2018
that was so insane. so so insane.
Nov 17, 2023 3:55 PM

Aug 2012
Good potential but felt like a bunch of rough cuts with a couple clean ones here and there.

This episode could've been one of the greatest ever but sadly you can feel the lack of cohesion and polishing.
Nov 17, 2023 4:16 PM

Dec 2019
insane episode really enjoyed watching it
and one of the animators mention this is just 30% of what they wanted to deliver shame on mappa for making them work under terrible conditions
i wonder how things gonna go on ...
Nov 17, 2023 4:20 PM

Apr 2020
It was pure art. I'm aware of all the production issues but god they still delivered... one of the greatest anime episodes I have ever seen. ALL-TIMER EP.
Nov 17, 2023 4:45 PM
Apr 2022
A staff de jujutsu é foda, e merece todo reconhecimento e respeito. Esse ep foi insano de bom.
Nov 17, 2023 5:02 PM
Jan 2023
Animation was something out of someone's mind. Blew me away every shot from the start through the end. The animating studio is truly showcasing its best skills in these works. At least I think so.
Nov 17, 2023 5:03 PM
Jul 2023
Um episódio simplesmente magnífico, uma luta extremamente empolgante, bem animada, frenética e caótica, tudo isso trabalhado de uma ótima forma e com uma trilha sonora bem encaixada. O episódio traz o ápice do arco do Shibuya onde vemos a quebra mental de Itadori Yuji, o que melhora bastante o personagem em si que daqui pra frente passa a se tornar uma pessoa mais fria e amargurada sendo um baita desenvolvimento para o personagem. A forma como o episódio se encaminha é muito boa com todo a destruição e massacre feito por Sukuna que nesse episódio é o personagem que mais brilha dando todo um ar amedrontador e desesperador durante a luta, Sukuna dá seu verdadeiro espetáculo nesse episódio, é uma verdadeira mistura de terror e caos junto com um entretenimento absurdo que a luta nos proporciona. Ao final do episódio chegamos ao climax de todo o arco de Shibuya, o desabamento de Yuji, uma cena extremamente bem dirigida e muito boa em geral, a gente sente no corpo a dor do Itadori algo que é intensificado com o flashback do começo do episódio, onde vemos Yuji e seu vô que diz para ele proteger as pessoas com sua força, e no final do episódio vemos que Itadori não pôde fazer nada diante toda aquela situação e dizendo que merecia morrer, pois é apenas um receptáculo de desgraças e mortes, tudo isso ao som de specialZ, a abertura do anime. Enfim, o episódio está perfeito, não falta elogios da minha parte, desde o lançamento do episódio eu só consigo pensar nele. Parabéns aos animadores e diretores que fizeram um espetáculo no episódio e ao Gege Akutami que nos proporcionou essa obra incrível que é Jujutsu Kaisen🔥
Nov 17, 2023 5:12 PM
May 2017
Absolute insane fight, couldn't tell what was happening at some points but fck it we ball
Nov 17, 2023 5:24 PM
May 2022
Episode was fantastic. Animation was insane. But… it hurts knowing it could have been even better. Still I’m pretty happy with it. Like wow I didn’t think the fight would be this insane from the manga I more remembered the other fights more than this one. The direction is insane. I feel for the animators but their work is on display and it is breathtaking. But I do wonder how it would have looked if it was not crunched out. Honesty a bit worried going forward
Nov 17, 2023 8:38 PM

Mar 2019
MAPPA is really nailing this arc. The last sign with Yuji was really well done. I love this show :D
Nov 17, 2023 8:55 PM
Jul 2022
WTF LOL animation was good, story was good, holy shit best episode of anime ive ever watched bro wtf was this
Nov 17, 2023 9:09 PM

Nov 2019
wow
that was insane. peak
Nov 17, 2023 9:19 PM
Jul 2021
Peak animation. The animators snapped. Loved it a lot. Sukuna's OST gave me chills ngl.
Nov 17, 2023 11:20 PM
Jul 2022
great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great
Nov 17, 2023 11:23 PM
Nov 2023
جامده والله
Nov 17, 2023 11:35 PM
Oct 2022
The sukuna vs mahoraga fight was epic, no words to describe.
Nov 17, 2023 11:36 PM
Oct 2022
Nov 17, 2023 11:47 PM

Dec 2018
Jujutsu kaisen 2nd season is crazy... The fight scene is continuous and almost every episode is a battle episodes... Amazing fight scene indeed.
The next episode... Mahito turn to fight isn't?.... Shibuya incident is crazy indeed..

Nov 18, 2023 12:24 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to IamWulfgar
@HEBI_TAN what's the BD version?
@IamWulfgar blu ray disk version

usually the animators improve everything in the blu ray disk version since blu ray disk is expensive to buy
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

Nov 18, 2023 1:09 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Mastermind08
@Mastermind08

It was epic as fuck but it did raise some questions for me.

Is Sukuna a cursed spirit or not?

What exactly is a shikagami and can Megumi just summon that guy again whenever he wants? (And of course die)
Nov 18, 2023 1:28 AM

Oct 2009
Holy fuck.
Even Gojo isn't this powerful right?? And this Sukuna isn't even at full power. Wtf are the power levels here.

Poor Yuji..and all the people that got disaggregated.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 21, 2023

339 by Alkibiades404 »»
Yesterday, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 14, 2023

236 by Alkibiades404 »»
Yesterday, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 7, 2023

299 by Alkibiades404 »»
Yesterday, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 31, 2023

270 by Alkibiades404 »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

372 by Nycro »»
Yesterday, 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.