Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2023 1:09 PM
Jun 2021
Brilliant animation. Im in shock
Nov 16, 2023 1:11 PM

Jun 2015
It was good, but personally I’m not a fan of the experimental animation scenes. I much prefer the clear and crisp choreography of Itadori vs Choso over the shaky lines that bend like wet noodles or just go over-the-top stylistically. The fight was fine otherwise.

Also Itadori reacting felt a bit weak, and while I think the upbeat villain theme is juxtaposing on purpose it still felt misplaced. Also the shading on his face looked so off it felt more comical than tragic. I think they should’ve kept the camera on him for longer to create tension and portray him messier and more disheveled to really drive it home, as now it was pretty much just nigh-instant post-puke clarity.

Liked the shot of Nanami walking and paralleling Itadori in the end credits. Feels like a bit of a nod in the manner of ”this will be their role now / in the future”. I’m also willing to give slack as the animators are obviously overworked and disgruntled, and besides the quality is overall very high.
uh oh!
Nov 16, 2023 1:18 PM
Oct 2022
VSF MELHOR EP QUE JA VI MA MINHA VIDA, SUJUSTU É 10000000000000000000/10
Nov 16, 2023 1:23 PM
Nov 2022
ommmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg wooooooooooooooooooooooooowww 10/10
Nov 16, 2023 1:29 PM
Feb 2022
WTF just a masterpiece
Nov 16, 2023 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
This should be the number 1 anime on this site anyone saying otherwise not a real anime watcher.
Nov 16, 2023 1:32 PM
May 2023
YO! THE ANIMATION
Nov 16, 2023 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to dior
This should be the number 1 anime on this site anyone saying otherwise not a real anime watcher.
@dior You don't even have it in your favorites.
Nov 16, 2023 1:37 PM
Sep 2023
the best episode of season 2
Nov 16, 2023 1:38 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to Mechdemon421
jjk s1 and this is not the same anime.
@Mechdemon421 it is but when it gets mismanaged in favor of another anime
Nov 16, 2023 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to phantom346
@dior You don't even have it in your favorites.
@phantom346 I'm waiting for the instant Spirit Body of Distorted Killing episode so nobody can call me a madman, let them cook.
Nov 16, 2023 1:43 PM
Oct 2017
i have no words to describe how well made this is
Nov 16, 2023 1:44 PM
Jul 2019
Até agora, nada fora do normal até aqui, somente um arco mais sério e melhor que o restante de Jujutsu.
Nov 16, 2023 1:52 PM
May 2019
infinite budget moment
Nov 16, 2023 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
Very good episode, i agree that some frame were questionable but the overall result is still solid and hit the mark for me.
Nov 16, 2023 1:54 PM
Jan 2019
I can see why the animators are in absolute pain. Amazing episode but MAPPA needs way better working conditions for the quality the staff is being forced to produce.
Nov 16, 2023 2:01 PM

Mar 2021
This episode was incredible. This might be the best animation I have ever seen.
Nov 16, 2023 2:07 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode but when you donghua with an excellent animation, i can not say that i was screaming today...

Mappa must work harder and choose less anime to produce...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 16, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2016
what an episode omfgggggg insane
Nov 16, 2023 2:13 PM
Jul 2023
Peak JJK, better animation than anything I saw. Even better than what Demon Slayer has ever cooked.
Nov 16, 2023 2:13 PM
Nov 2021
I loved that conversation between Gojo and Megumi, really goes to show just how much potential Megumi has, no sh*t the Zen’in clan wanted to buy him I can see why.
Megumi saying he’s dying first good luck was badas*!

Yuji throwing up, crying and scraping his hands on the floor hurt so much! Ugh I could feel my hands so much in that moment it really made me want to turn away ouch, he looked so dead inside when he said he’d be just a murderer.. seeing all those memories would hurt like hel*.

That fight though! It was so good! If only Mahogara would’ve made the same deal Jogo did then it’d have Sukuna under its thumb cause it got some good hits on Sukuna lmao.

Sukuna said “If I was a cursed spirit” I knew it! He always says something weird when it comes to being a curse so I thought there was no way he’s a curse like Jogo and the others and it looks like I was right! I wanna know what exactly he is and how he came to be like he is now!

Megumi saying “Sorry Itadori” hurt a little, but to have the resolve to die like that is amazing holy cow!
Nov 16, 2023 2:14 PM

Nov 2018
My goodness, the animation of this fight surpasses the way it was depicted in the manga. It leaves me pondering what the reception for this season would have been like if the staff had been given the proper time to work on this arc considering the number and intensity of the fights.
Nov 16, 2023 2:22 PM
Feb 2021
Best episode of anime I have ever seen
Nov 16, 2023 2:33 PM

Jul 2016
It really is sad the production schedule this anime got… honestly don’t know how western people can do to help.
That said, great episode, but I have to admit the scene when Yuji took back control in the manga, it broke me, the anime was not at the same level, I don’t know if we’re gonna get a longer scene next episode, with more of Yuji’s inner monologue.
The pain he felt here is what made me want to protect him at all costs, he’s just a baby…
Nov 16, 2023 2:34 PM
Apr 2016
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
There's just no way people are calling this the episode of the year?

Respect to the staff that worked on this episode (a lot of veteran animators), but the production issues are blatant and the direction keeps being a let-down in Shibuya. Sure there are well animated sequences, but again the compositing and the art are way too inconsistent. Also as others have said, using the OP song during Itadori's breakdown was a slap in the face. I get that the staff is overworked, but some of these decisions are downright terrible and have nothing to do with the production schedule. And then a Nanami cliffhanger, really? I have no hope for what's left of this season and these are the moments I was looking forward to the most.

MAPPA has a hold of a massive audience with JJK and decides to treat it as if it was just some trash isekai that they could invest minimal resources into. A damn fucking shame.
@KneelBeforeMe Couldn't agree more.
Nov 16, 2023 2:35 PM
Dec 2022
one of the best fight in jjk
“Wake Up to Reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live the more you will realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility. "

Nov 16, 2023 2:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
When this arc started I definitely wasn’t expecting Sakuna to be such a big part of it, since the beginning of the show he seemed like something that was way off and would always be in the background, but here we see him being a massive part of the arc, both in this episode and the last two. Most of this one was his fight with Mahoraga and it was a sight to behold, some parts were hard to follow much like the Jogo fight but it was once again amazing to watch overall, Sakuna really went hard to kill that guy I didn’t even know existed till now lol.

And then you had the aftermath, I was wondering how Yuji would react and it was definitely soul crushing, there were so many people that got the pizza cutter treatment after all, and all this because two goofy high school girls thought they could command him, oh well lol. And man, as fun as this episode was, I’m not sure what’s gonna happen with the rest of the show after seeing it that stuff about the staff recently, my hope is that this gets delayed if the situation is actually that bad and the animators have the proper amount of time to deliver, it would suck having to wait a while for the rest of the show but I think it would be worth it. No matter what happens tho, I’ll be here to watch it.

And one last thing, when Sakuna was drinking from that purple cup I couldn’t help but assume it was the Grimace Shake lol, old meme but it still makes me laugh.
TheColonel76Nov 16, 2023 2:47 PM
Nov 16, 2023 2:40 PM

Sep 2017
I love the concept of dudes power basically compelling Sukuna to show up and save his ass. If you think about it, it's really Megumi's fault that like a billion people died from that fight. Anyway that was cool, but again I find these fights where characters are flying all over the screen at hyper speed and smashing through buildings kinda of hard to be invested it. It's hard to follow individual movements and it just becomes a big spectacle - which is cool, but not my favourite. There were definitely some cool shots when the camera slowed down for a second. I feel like a fight like this could work for me, but it would need a much better schedule than what Mappa is struggling with. It's amazing how well this is done despite that.
Nov 16, 2023 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
Forgot to question on my previous comment, what was going on with the crunchyroll subtitles? Is that some new translations I don’t know about??? Malevolent kitchen? What?
Nov 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Apr 2021
I just watched a movie.
Nov 16, 2023 2:49 PM
Oct 2015
God damn the animation for that episode was lackluster, it was borderline Seven Deadly Sins animation at some points 💀 I feel sorry for the animators, MAPPA or the animation committee is flogging a dead horse. I really hate Sukuna, he's such a [insert swear word].
Nov 16, 2023 2:58 PM
Apr 2021
This shit keeps getting better and better, idc what anyone says it lives up to the manga
Nov 16, 2023 2:58 PM
Jan 2020
I never post on this website... But I had to come here to say how much they botched this episode. The animation was very ambitious but clearly unfinished, and after looking up possible reasons why, I saw that numerous animators from MAPPA took to twitter to distance themselves from what they turned out for this one. They're working on an insanely crunched schedule, and it makes complete sense to me now that so many shots were blurry, impossible to decipher, or just clearly unfinished. With extra time to review, these shots would likely have been entirely re-worked for legibility rather than just rushed to production.

On top of that, the intro theme (which I have thought from the beginning of the season is a huge downgrade from the previous themes) playing during the scene of Yuji's despair at what Sukuna had done in his body, instead of allowing for the undoubtedly amazing scoring the composers would have done here, (or even silence) was a fucking JOKE. So disappointing the company is taking such little care with the product that they're still chasing these insane deadlines and forcing artists to sign off on a lesser-than final product.
Nov 16, 2023 2:59 PM
Feb 2021
My God..........
Nov 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
Am i the only one thats feeling insanely disappointed with the music in this episode? They could have done so much better...

Like, the vast majority to watching an anime over the manga is the music, not the moving part, you have good music you have good anime even if its a slideshow
Apr 2020
Absolute Insanity throughout the episode. Sukuna using his domain expansion Malevolent Shrine finally. Wonder what Sukuna's goal is with keeping Fushiguro alive (perhaps to keep Yuuji mentally sane cuz Fushiguro dying would make Yuuji's goal of helping his friends and everyone else almost meaningless. Overall although this week's episode didn't reach the same insane peaks as last week's episode, this was still a thrill to watch.

Oct 2018
Cinema. (Character Limit)
Falling into the Romcom hole. Shonen still my favorite tho.
Nov 16, 2023 3:19 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to zazenboy
I never post on this website... But I had to come here to say how much they botched this episode. The animation was very ambitious but clearly unfinished, and after looking up possible reasons why, I saw that numerous animators from MAPPA took to twitter to distance themselves from what they turned out for this one. They're working on an insanely crunched schedule, and it makes complete sense to me now that so many shots were blurry, impossible to decipher, or just clearly unfinished. With extra time to review, these shots would likely have been entirely re-worked for legibility rather than just rushed to production.

On top of that, the intro theme (which I have thought from the beginning of the season is a huge downgrade from the previous themes) playing during the scene of Yuji's despair at what Sukuna had done in his body, instead of allowing for the undoubtedly amazing scoring the composers would have done here, (or even silence) was a fucking JOKE. So disappointing the company is taking such little care with the product that they're still chasing these insane deadlines and forcing artists to sign off on a lesser-than final product.
@zazenboy yea the theme song playing during Yuji's mental breakdown honestly made me laugh like complete silence with ear ringing soundeffect playing would've been SO MUCH better.

Nov 16, 2023 3:21 PM
Nov 2016
this episode was peak cinema
Nov 16, 2023 3:22 PM
May 2022
Time flew by with this episode. My god, people were hyping this fight and it did not disappoint. Sukuna really is to OP for this world, he just basically nuked a piece of Tokyo to get rid of that thing. Absolute insanity from everyone here. I still enjoyed the animation but it makes you wonder how it would be if they had the proper time to work on this fight. Imagine this episode but done by Ufotable, holly shit! I wonder how many people have died, by the looks of it, even people outside of Shibuya got caught in the explosion.

Yuji, go fight but it´s not your fault.

Nanami :-(.

Banger episode that could have been more epic if Mappa wasn´t...well, Mappa.
Nov 16, 2023 3:24 PM
Dec 2021
Damn, that was insane. Now Itadori's gotta carry the guilt for what Sukuna did. I imagine it's not going to bode over well.
Nov 16, 2023 3:31 PM
Jul 2021
peak fiction nothing else needs to be stated
Nov 16, 2023 3:35 PM
Feb 2016
One of the greatest fight sequences I've ever seen
Nov 16, 2023 3:38 PM

May 2015
Not surprising to see people in here that can't understand that people are allowed to like something they don't.

Nov 16, 2023 3:39 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to zazenboy

@zazenboy You do know that this ep was largely unaffected by the production issues since it was mostly done by an outside team, right? Like this ep was objectively well animated. There was just a lot going on. Nothing was unfinished. I think you just heard about the production problems and projected it onto this ep because you don't know anything about animation.

I do agree about the theme playing during Yuji's breakdown (although you're wrong, it's the best theme song of the series), although not as dramatic as you're making it out to be.
Nov 16, 2023 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
This episode transported me to Shibuya that’s how immersed and in awe I was. Literally perfection wtf
Nov 16, 2023 4:02 PM
Nov 2017
Reply to Nycro
Production issues is what it is. But whoever decided to put the OP song during Itadori's meltdown is a clown. Showing Nanami for the sake of having a cliffhanger every single episode just ruins the whole thing. By that point we already know he is going to not end well. Why cant it just end with Itadori?
@Nycro idk if you read the manga to that moment but there's some symbolic meaning to yuji's steps in the ending right after nanami's in the closing scene
Nov 16, 2023 4:05 PM
Dec 2019
fucking amazing. the animators deserve so much more
Nov 16, 2023 4:06 PM

Jul 2019
There's 140 meters hole in the middle of city, causing massive damage and death; moreover, Yuji witnessing it all by himself and out of sudden an upbeat type of music start to play. Completely ruin the mood, but at least the fight is enjoyable, props for them.
Nov 16, 2023 4:11 PM
Aug 2021
After hearing about the studio's treatment to the animators I was afraid that the quality was going to tank. And this was the episode that I was afraid would turn out bad. But overall, they pulled through this time.

But now I believe since this episode aired this would be a good stopping point for a hiatus so the animators can have a break. And it should be used for studio MAPPA as an opportunity to reflect on their treatment to them, stop treating them like they are sweatshop workers.

7/10
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can this duo beat Sukuna?!

Reckless_weeb - Aug 30

17 by ABxDragon »»
Yesterday, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 2, 2023

336 by UltimateListless »»
Aug 30, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

580 by Fayred »»
Aug 29, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Favorite arc?

Diamtheroad - Aug 28

22 by stobagen »»
Aug 28, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 12, 2023

287 by ionelHeredia »»
Aug 28, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.