Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2023 12:21 PM
Dec 2022
I want to ask those who dropped or thought about dropping One Piece while already being far into the anime (like >500 episodes) why they dropped or thought about dropping One Piece. Obviously it can be overwhelming to have so many episodes ahead of you but I never felt like dropping the show
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2023 12:39 PM
Jun 2021
I put one piece on hold/dropped due to its pacing. I found myself just not enjoying it. I just wanted to watch other stuff rather than invest even more time into a show I'm not having fun watching.

I will go back and try and watch it. However, that won't be for a while.
Nov 1, 2023 12:43 PM

Dec 2020
I have dropped it 3 times, all during the East Blue Saga and Alabasta Saga. Once I was past that, there was no going back for me. Have been going at it non-stop for about two months. The pacing gets annoying at times though so 1.25x speed alleviates that issue for me.
Nov 1, 2023 12:44 PM
Jan 2017
Its pacing was awful. I started middle school in dressrosa arc and i finished middle school when it ended. I read the manga cause its less time consuming and properly paced.
Nov 1, 2023 12:46 PM
Apr 2023
For me I watch till 107 without skipping but I didn't get much tike after that and whenever I got time I watch other short series .so thats my reason. but I didn't drop it but rather skip and watch only big and showy scenes πŸ˜†
Nov 1, 2023 1:26 PM
Dec 2020
Put it on hold because the episode count was too daunting. Knowing I was only 30 episodes in out of 1000 was just tiring.

Read the manga, would like to go back and watch it all but I’ve got other stuff I wanna watch more than one piece.
Nov 1, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2021
Alertedmanatee9 said:
I put one piece on hold/dropped due to its pacing. I found myself just not enjoying it. I just wanted to watch other stuff rather than invest even more time into a show I'm not having fun watching.

I will go back and try and watch it. However, that won't be for a while.

I would just recommend to you to read the manga than?, if you dropped it because of the pacing.

Should you ever pick up One Piece again. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️
Nov 1, 2023 2:03 PM
Dec 2022
for the people that have problems with its pacing: watch it in 2x speed (or more:))

youre welcome

ps. you actually don't miss out on the story cause everything happens so slowly that 2x feels normal
Nov 1, 2023 2:20 PM
Jul 2023
Don’t drop it that’s illegal
Nov 1, 2023 2:41 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to cassieDmonkey
for the people that have problems with its pacing: watch it in 2x speed (or more:))

youre welcome

ps. you actually don't miss out on the story cause everything happens so slowly that 2x feels normal
@cassieDmonkey Watching One Pace is better, or just reading the manga imho. Watching the anime at double speed just seems annoying as hell because some of the subs already have really quick subtitles, so who would want the headache of reading the dialogue at twice the speed and potentially missing something important?
Nov 1, 2023 2:46 PM
Dec 2022
Early_Morning said:
@cassieDmonkey Watching One Pace is better, or just reading the manga imho. Watching the anime at double speed just seems annoying as hell because some of the subs already have really quick subtitles, so who would want the headache of reading the dialogue at twice the speed and potentially missing something important?

you get used to it if u want to
Nov 1, 2023 3:08 PM
Nov 2020
I dropped it at ep 200 and something to read the entire manga instead lol πŸ˜† believe me, the manga is way better! if you like to read and are willing to sacrifice some time on it, then go ahead! I restarted the anime after that and now I just watch the best parts and skip the ones I feel like were meh because, after all, I already know what happens next 🀣 btw, I forgot to mention that the anime adds some funny parts but, at the same time, it skips and censors stuff, mostly on the first episodes πŸ˜–
neverthepeaceNov 1, 2023 3:11 PM
Nov 1, 2023 3:08 PM
Jun 2021
I dropped the anime and started reading after Skypeia. Reading it is soooo much easier and the pacing is no issue at all
Nov 1, 2023 3:15 PM

Sep 2018
I haven't dropped it, but I've put it on hold between 5-10 times, currently catching up right now, on episode 1054. I would catch up with One Pace, if they were caught up with Wano, the constant padding of episodes with shit from Toei Animation is what always gets it back on hold. I read a little bit past Wano on the manga, but all manga feel pretty inferior to me, maybe physical manga would change things.
Nov 1, 2023 3:16 PM

Feb 2021
I put it on hold after enies lobby at ep 326. Then after the time skip and now at the beginning of wano. I disliked the show almost the entirety of my watch. And I want to drop it every time I finish an arc. The only reason that I am not dropping it is because I am too far gone.
Nov 1, 2023 3:25 PM

Mar 2023
I dropped it shortly after

I think the series lost the magic that initially made it fun for me, a group of friends sailing around exploring. Each member of the crew had their own goals but they were all brought together and united under Luffy. After the time skip every new arc has loads of characters introduced, I find it hard to care about these new characters, the old crew members lose screen time. It's just not fun for me to read anymore.
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM
Sep 2021
elderonn said:
I put it on hold after enies lobby at ep 326. Then after the time skip and now at the beginning of wano. I disliked the show almost the entirety of my watch. And I want to drop it every time I finish an arc. The only reason that I am not dropping it is because I am too far gone.

That almost sounds like a obsessive-compulsive disorder. πŸ€”

But don't get me wrong, it's just an observation. :)
I'm no expert on this sort of manner.
Loaf_dontcareNov 1, 2023 3:44 PM
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM

Nov 2015
draaag on balls... lol
i mean, you have a whole life to complete it, there's nothing wrong to put a show on hold or dropped many times you want and pick it up as many times you want, one piece it's no exception. be it because of lack of interest or due to personal reasons.

neverthepeace said:
if you like to read and are willing to sacrifice some time on it, then go ahead!

Hahaha, i don't like to read, i struggle with it even with successful titles like hxh or SnK

neverthepeace said:
the anime adds some funny parts but, at the same time, it skips and censors stuff, mostly on the first episodes πŸ˜–

GakutoDeathGlare said:
the constant padding of episodes with shit from Toei Animation is what always gets it back on hold. I

damn it Toei, always ruining it. they wanted to do another Digimon out of one piece in the nineties, ofc this didn't work and had to animate the manga as it is, later on.
Berry-VodkaNov 1, 2023 3:53 PM

πŸ’’

Nov 1, 2023 4:03 PM

May 2020
Dropped at 750+ bcoz of pacing!!!

Read the manga until around 1087...

On hold due to how overpowered Luffy is that it just kills the tension of the fights!!!

Now thinking about it,
This pattern keeps on repeating each if not all arcs in the timeskip:
The antagonist is strong due to Devil Fruit/Haki or setting>>>Luffy gets weak & is underestimated>>>He suddenly gets a power up & the villain somehow gets stupid despite how op they are>>>Luffy wins!!!

It doesn't help that I'm not that much into battle shounen for years now!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Nov 1, 2023 4:05 PM
Jul 2022
neverthepeace said:
I dropped it at ep 200 and something to read the entire manga instead lol πŸ˜† believe me, the manga is way better! if you like to read and are willing to sacrifice some time on it, then go ahead! I restarted the anime after that and now I just watch the best parts and skip the ones I feel like were meh because, after all, I already know what happens next 🀣 btw, I forgot to mention that the anime adds some funny parts but, at the same time, it skips and censors stuff, mostly on the first episodes πŸ˜–

ohhh i have been watching the anime since the last month and I'm at the whole cake island saga but I'm really interested to know what has been censored in the anime 😏
Nov 1, 2023 4:09 PM
Mar 2022
the "pacing" never did or still is bothering me to this date regardless of the extended moments.

like each episode is like 12-14 minutes, so if you just skip the opening and recap you basically get through 4 episodes an hour, in a way its quicker then when one piece used to have 18 mind of episodes in the earlier part of the series in a sense.

One Piece is my favorite piece of fiction of all time and I'm aware of its flaws, those it don't bother one bit

don't force yourself, but if its easier maybe just read the manga as it won't have any fat onto the canon stuff.
Nov 1, 2023 5:18 PM
Apr 2023
PsychVstar said:
I want to ask those who dropped or thought about dropping One Piece while already being far into the anime (like >500 episodes) why they dropped or thought about dropping One Piece. Obviously it can be overwhelming to have so many episodes ahead of you but I never felt like dropping the show

i didnt drop it this far but i did last year when i was right before luffy vs crocodile final and i kinda regret it came back in like mid august this year to watch it and i watched almost 200 episodes this anime is rly good
Nov 1, 2023 5:57 PM
Sep 2018
I didn’t drop it I just started reading the manga but for me it was because it just started to feel boring and repetitive and like nothing is progressing
Nov 1, 2023 8:03 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to Gr8gg
neverthepeace said:

ohhh i have been watching the anime since the last month and I'm at the whole cake island saga but I'm really interested to know what has been censored in the anime 😏
Hitagi__Furude said:

i really don't know why people assume that OP is a true shounen maybe is because of word of mouth and it's constant repetition of it make it a fact when it's not. others may accept this because it's actually being published on a magazine of such demographic but what am saying is if you watched enough of this you'll know it doesn't remotely looks like a shounen because it lacks the elements that makes them one... don't know it reaches the reputation of being a big three, maybe because it sells a lot of copies. heck even with examples like naruto, bleach, dragon ball, hxh and even... Digimon had have more fearful battles to the death than one piece. I mean, shounen has been more confrontational than ditch around, making it seem that the crew in OP actually fights like elusive rats or little girls.

Deanomac2010 said:
like each episode is like 12-14
minutes, so if you just skip the opening and recap you basically get through 4 episodes an hour, in a way its quicker then when one piece used to have 18 mind of episodes in the earlier part of the series in a sense.

i dun wanna sit around that much... sorry but this show apparently beats my completion issue xD

Gr8gg said:
I'm really interested to know what has been censored in the anime 😏

ah, in case you didn't know this site it has all the differences

πŸ’’

Nov 1, 2023 9:06 PM
Sep 2013
I dropped around the timeskip because of the pacing. I might go back sometime, but for the past several years I've been manga-only.
Nov 1, 2023 9:29 PM
Dec 2022
cassieDmonkey said:

youre welcome

agreed, during skypeia arc, thriller bark and dressrosa, i watched in 2x speed even then it felt very normal
Nov 1, 2023 10:27 PM
Sep 2018
hi there
In my case i have droped it like 3-4 times thought its not very accurate cause i have seen it, like from the start,at least 5 times roughly.every 3 years πŸ˜… whenever i feel the nostalgia i rewatch some great anime,i also watched "Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood"(eternal love) recently! But one piece ,i do a hiatus until it has 200 new episodes at least! cause it is absolutely heart breaking to have to fast forward scenes that feels worst than the conversation Goku had with Frieza! and its taking whole episodes too,i feel like they just mocking me.
So i left it again at 1000 episodes and waiting for 1200 to be released, but at this point maybe is better to wait for the anime to finish first and watch it then, as a little old lady 😌
Nov 1, 2023 10:31 PM
Sep 2018
Loaf_dontcare said:
elderonn said:

do not worry,i do the same ,put it on hiatus until 200 episodes are out! πŸ˜…
Nov 1, 2023 10:39 PM
Sep 2021
Berry-Vodka said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

i really don't know why people assume that OP is a true shounen maybe is because of word of mouth and it's constant repetition of it make it a fact when it's not. others may accept this because it's actually being published on a magazine of such demographic but what am saying is if you watched enough of this you'll know it doesn't remotely looks like a shounen because it lacks the elements that makes them one... don't know it reaches the reputation of being a big three, maybe because it sells a lot of copies. heck even with examples like naruto, bleach, dragon ball, hxh and even... Digimon had have more fearful battles to the death than one piece. I mean, shounen has been more confrontational than ditch around, making it seem that the crew in OP actually fights like elusive rats or little girls.

Deanomac2010 said:
like each episode is like 12-14
minutes, so if you just skip the opening and recap you basically get through 4 episodes an hour, in a way its quicker then when one piece used to have 18 mind of episodes in the earlier part of the series in a sense.

i dun wanna sit around that much... sorry but this show apparently beats my completion issue xD

Gr8gg said:
I'm really interested to know what has been censored in the anime 😏

ah, in case you didn't know this site it has all the differences

I think you probably meant true "fighting shonen" πŸ˜†

I mean Detective Conan, Haikyu!!, Doctor Stone, etc. are also true shonen.
Just not fighting shonen.
Nov 1, 2023 10:43 PM
Sep 2021
danunito said:
Loaf_dontcare said:

I feel like you do it with a different mind set tho.. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️
Nov 1, 2023 11:32 PM
Jun 2023
10 years ago, maybe I'd have stuck with it. These days, with all the other options, there's just too much filler to bother with it.
Nov 1, 2023 11:33 PM
Dec 2016
Most people don't seem to COMPLETELY drop One Piece after experiencing the staggering highs of Marineford - at worst, the anime pacing post-timeskip makes them switch to the manga (or now, even just the One PACE version).

East Blue, early arcs of the Arabasta saga & Skypiea seem to have the most casualties lol.
Nov 1, 2023 11:51 PM
Jun 2023
i didn't drop it but like it has soooo many episodes and takes too much time That's why I put it on hold. i watched the Dragon Ball series and Naruto so, i don't have the same patience as before. i guess I may be able to watch in holidays but i also wanna watch Bleach so it's taking so such time about thinking which should I watch first one piece or bleach,🀣🀣
Nov 2, 2023 12:16 AM
Sep 2018
Loaf_dontcare said:
danunito said:

I feel like you do it with a different mind set tho.. πŸ€”πŸ€·‍♀️

hhahaha maybe you're right, but it is a similar process i guess 😊
Nov 2, 2023 12:26 AM
Sep 2018
_otaku_man00 said:
i didn't drop it but like it has soooo many episodes and takes too much time That's why I put it on hold. i watched the Dragon Ball series and Naruto so, i don't have the same patience as before. i guess I may be able to watch in holidays but i also wanna watch Bleach so it's taking so such time about thinking which should I watch first one piece or bleach,🀣🀣

mmm inwould say bleach cause at least it's shorter and you know that at some point you will arrive at the new released seasons,and they have fixed a lot! so at least that's my opinion 😊
Nov 2, 2023 4:10 AM
Aug 2020
I swapped to the manga just to get through it. Post time skip was just miserable
Nov 2, 2023 4:23 AM
May 2023
sure bro do what you want😊
Nov 2, 2023 5:49 AM
Jul 2021
The quality of the animation and pacing of the story dips in quality throughout the anime, so I decided to just stick to the manga. Reading the manga made me not feel bad dropping the anime. I might rewatch the anime when it’s complete some day.
Nov 2, 2023 7:58 AM
Mar 2022
I started watching one piece back in 2005, Ive seen roughly 700 episodes and I'm just done with it mentally, the show is uninspired at this point and is being hideously drawn out, I feel like the show has already hit it's peak the best has come and gone now it's just there... Never ending... Just my opinion ofc.
Nov 2, 2023 9:22 AM
Jul 2022
i just read one piece manga catched up to current story in like 2 weeks .
Nov 2, 2023 11:25 AM
Feb 2021
I started eatching around when the dressrosa arc started and caught up in about a momth and a half. I never dropped it once and I am at current point in one piece. I read the manga now since I am caught up. I have caught up with the manga but still watch all episodes that come out. Those of you whom complain about the pacing it’s really not that bad honestly and if you are watching at anything other then 1x you should give 1x a try as withour normal speed on the episode the voice acting gets all crazy. With the voice acting getting crazy you cant feel as much emotion and passion in their voices. So yeah I just wanted to say that I have had absolutelty no problems with watching the anime as intended.
Nov 2, 2023 2:20 PM
Jul 2021
Hitagi__Furude said:
Dropped at 750+ bcoz of pacing!!!

Read the manga until around 1087...

On hold due to how overpowered Luffy is that it just kills the tension of the fights!!!

Now thinking about it,
This pattern keeps on repeating each if not all arcs in the timeskip:
The antagonist is strong due to Devil Fruit/Haki or setting>>>Luffy gets weak & is underestimated>>>He suddenly gets a power up & the villain somehow gets stupid despite how op they are>>>Luffy wins!!!

Welcome to shonen.
Nov 2, 2023 2:55 PM
Jul 2021
Ramen_And_Anime said:
10 years ago, maybe I'd have stuck with it. These days, with all the other options, there's just too much filler to bother with it.

There's barely any filler and you can just skip it
Nov 2, 2023 4:11 PM
Mar 2019
I haven’t technically dropped One Piece, but after the time skip, I stopped watching full episodes of it. It was at this point that the pacing just got unbearable for me. Also, the comedy just didn’t hit like it did during the pre time skip era in my opinion. I’ve only watched full episodes of big events, like some parts of the Wano Arc. Other than that, I just watch clips on YouTube and literally don’t miss a thing.
Nov 2, 2023 5:31 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to RaeRighteous
I started watching one piece back in 2005, Ive seen roughly 700 episodes and I'm just done with it mentally, the show is uninspired at this point and is being hideously drawn out, I feel like the show has already hit it's peak the best has come and gone now it's just there... Never ending... Just my opinion ofc.
@RaeRighteous I'd disagree on the last part. Both in terms of worldwide popularity and it's story, One Piece has just started hitting its peak after all these years and it might continue to elevate until the end based on current events. I speculate, rather than "never ending", we might get another 300 (hopefully more) chapters if we're lucky enough but Oda seems to be in a hurry to finish the story.

But to agree on a point, post timeskip to end of Dressrosa is the weakest portion of the story. It's way more dragged out than it should be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2023 5:41 PM
Mar 2022
CG-Silver said:
@RaeRighteous I'd disagree on the last part. Both in terms of worldwide popularity and it's story, One Piece has just started hitting its peak after all these years and it might continue to elevate until the end based on current events. I speculate, rather than "never ending", we might get another 300 (hopefully more) chapters if we're lucky enough but Oda seems to be in a hurry to finish the story.

But to agree on a point, post timeskip to end of Dressrosa is the weakest portion of the story. It's way more dragged out than it should be.

You're entitled to have that opinion, but what has the show done that is fresh?

It seems like the same thing over and over again oppressed people under tyrant suffering, who will save us?! Don't worry guys the stawhats are here and you can guess the rest, they've been running with that since the Alabasta Arc really and unless you really love the characters it's going to get old fast. But once again I must stress this is just how I feel, everybody sees things in there own way, I just feel like oda has wanted to end the show for a long time but because of the money it draws he's never been able to.
Nov 3, 2023 9:28 AM
Jan 2023
take a break of one Piece
Nov 3, 2023 10:02 AM
Oct 2022
I'm on 700's already and i put on hold/dropped twice, during thriller bark start-mid (because it's really boring) and at the nearby end of fishman-island, because it takes ages yk, dresrossa has the same thing but it's either more entertaining than seeing a boat that keeps falling infinitely
Nov 3, 2023 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
I thought about dropping the anime because of the very slow pacing of it and don't even recommend me of reading it, I'm not reading that. It's a very interesting anime with it's stories but every minor incident in it just becomes unbearable to watch and they dragged out a lot to the point it gotten so annoying so I stopped watching it for now.
Nov 3, 2023 11:18 AM
Feb 2019
I switched to the manga partway through Wano. I know this is a bit of a cliche but the manga is way better than the anime. A lot of the pacing issues comes from how the anime is so close to the manga. Everything flows much more seamlessly when reading.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The one piece

Danger_Hunter81 - Today

19 by Reckless_weeb »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 509 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kisami - Aug 6, 2011

61 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 508 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jul 30, 2011

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 507 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jul 16, 2011

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

48 by Ridzaxster »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.