Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Girl & Her Guard Dog
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 6, 2023 1:27 AM
Dec 2020
Don't get me wrong Keiya's yandere nature as well as the grooming theme in this anime is distasteful but it might just make sense as a Yakuza.

They're not model citizens, nor is the environment healthy. Keiya, being the Yakuza he is, would definitely show some unhinge qualities that a normal person in society would not.

Not to mention he was tasked by his boss to protect her at all costs, so there's this immense pressure to make sure that he better not mess up and put the boss' granddaughter in danger.

Edit: No one’s justisfying the age gap, people are too fast to raise the pitchfork when the discussion is mainly about why Keiya is there and like that in the first place.
Juste1nOct 6, 2023 11:33 PM
Oct 6, 2023 2:23 AM
May 2022
OMG Someone justifying that the weirdest anime of the season is normal 🙂
My mal account is not working properly. In the last 24 hours, there isn't showing any forum discussion.  What should I do?! 
Oct 6, 2023 5:51 AM
Jun 2021
I think a lot of people have already made up judgements when they started watching only (understandably so). So far I have no problems because it is just one sided crush from the girl's end. She is at that age and since she knows no other friends or young people, all her feelings are focused towards him. As long as this doesn't take the predatory route, I'm willing to give this a chance
Oct 6, 2023 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
waku waku mayan lah
Oct 6, 2023 7:10 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Mega_Muse
I think a lot of people have already made up judgements when they started watching only (understandably so). So far I have no problems because it is just one sided crush from the girl's end. She is at that age and since she knows no other friends or young people, all her feelings are focused towards him. As long as this doesn't take the predatory route, I'm willing to give this a chance
@Mega_Muse this is what I'm also hoping, I also see Keiya's flirting moves on his perspective as him just being close to Senagaki on a personal level

I'd lose my flip if they go the predatory route without introducing a suitable male partner for Senagaki
Oct 6, 2023 8:07 AM
Jun 2021
Juste1n said:
@Mega_Muse this is what I'm also hoping, I also see Keiya's flirting moves on his perspective as him just being close to Senagaki on a personal level

I'd lose my flip if they go the predatory route without introducing a suitable male partner for Senagaki

I don't think keiya realizes the moves he's making and the effects it's having on senagaki. But the anime does have the romance tag so the relationship is inevitable anyway.
Oct 6, 2023 1:52 PM
Dec 2015
adesh17 said:
OMG Someone justifying that the weirdest anime of the season is normal 🙂

Unsurprisingly nothing new 😅
Oct 6, 2023 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
Reply to Mega_Muse
@Mega_Muse That's the thing. A one-sided crush from a teenager towards an adult is normal. It happens. I had crushes on adults when I was younger. Not sure what direction this show's going to take, but it's not inherently pedophilic just due to an unrequited (as of now) crush a character has on another.
Oct 6, 2023 9:48 PM
Nov 2014
Reply to superstaff
@Mega_Muse That's the thing. A one-sided crush from a teenager towards an adult is normal. It happens. I had crushes on adults when I was younger. Not sure what direction this show's going to take, but it's not inherently pedophilic just due to an unrequited (as of now) crush a character has on another.
@superstaff the problem is dis not one sided crush did u not see Keiya attitude when anything approaching Isaku ?

dat wat called possessiveness
Oct 6, 2023 11:18 PM
Sep 2021
why are you justifying a clear age gap lol, it's Fiction it doesn't matter
Oct 6, 2023 11:28 PM
Jun 2021
superstaff said:

Exactly my thoughts
Oct 7, 2023 3:32 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to JvE18
@superstaff the problem is dis not one sided crush did u not see Keiya attitude when anything approaching Isaku ?

dat wat called possessiveness
@JvE18 I haven't watched much of this, lol
Oct 7, 2023 4:04 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Mega_Muse
Juste1n said:

I don't think keiya realizes the moves he's making and the effects it's having on senagaki. But the anime does have the romance tag so the relationship is inevitable anyway.
@Mega_Muse I think he knows but he's just brushing it off since he's taking his role as guardian seriously, what I don't think he's aware is that he's too possessive and overprotective of Senagaki where I believe is the most problematic. Senagaki is aware that everything he's doing is not in romantical sense though, fully agree on the one-sided unrequited love.
Oct 7, 2023 4:49 AM
Nov 2014
Reply to superstaff
@JvE18 I haven't watched much of this, lol
@superstaff wait until him kiss her,, actually not just kiss but do other things to her
Oct 10, 2023 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
I just want them to kiss already but dude doesn't really care about her romantically, maybe she needs to make the first move but look at her personality, this will end in years
Oct 10, 2023 3:43 PM
Nov 2014
Reply to Catalano
I just want them to kiss already but dude doesn't really care about her romantically, maybe she needs to make the first move but look at her personality, this will end in years
@Catalano this kind perspective is wrong that why many defended this series when actually that guy is the aggressive ones 🤦

He doesn't let other approach or near Isaku even her classmates (This ones sign of Possessiveness)

He also manipulative
because he isolated her she doesn't have any friends and will always reliant on him

and when her feeling lonely he will act like savior who will always on her side

and I let u know in manga the ones who sought other first was Keiya he kiss and touch her without her consent

because Isaku is timid she just accept it
people's say Isaku loves Keiya this one too wrong

Isaku doesn't have any choice because she only have him
do you think her still falling to him if she have freedom ?
Oct 10, 2023 3:50 PM

Sep 2018
Thinking too much about it, it's just a fetish anime for younger girls who fantasize/crush about older guys, the setting could be anything else.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2023

56 by Lolicon »»
May 23, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 28, 2023

146 by Lolicon »»
May 23, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2023

45 by kajinokage »»
May 3, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

46 by AngelicFallsx »»
Apr 3, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2023

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 20, 10:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.