Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2023 8:38 AM
Jul 2023
one of the best episodes. absolutely amazing
Aug 5, 2023 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
This was a really good episode!
So that's how Geto turns to the darkside because he saw all the discrimination towards the people who can use Cursed energy? He looked so broken and stressed ever since his fight with Toji. Maybe absorbing so many curses made him unhinged or clouded his thoughts or something?
But anyways, We finally back to the current timeline.
Aug 5, 2023 12:22 PM

Apr 2023
Amazing episode. I feel bad for both characters, such a tragic ending. I've nothing else to say honestly, I feel kinda devastated because somehow I understand Geto's decision but still, man...
Looking forward to the beginning of the next arc!
Aug 5, 2023 3:33 PM

Aug 2021
this was suh a great episode, it was like a movie. MAPPA, I take my hat off to you.

Aug 5, 2023 4:16 PM
Jan 2021
.............................yes.........................
Aug 5, 2023 5:16 PM
Jan 2019
just cried so much i thought i was gonna die
Aug 5, 2023 5:51 PM
Dec 2018
absolute heat. soul crushing. gut wrenching. fire asf
Aug 5, 2023 6:41 PM

May 2020
Akihara_Jim said:
People on MAL really have weird animation takes. I never gonna take any of this seriously. The animation & direction is godly. Idk what you guys talking about

I've noticed this too. They pick out deliberate choices made in visual direction per scene, then act as if that's some grand indictment of poor quality. It's so weird, but you eventually just accept some people are odd like that.

Reminds me of the takes regarding CG. Even when it's of exceptionally high quality & integrated into a show extremely well, you're still guaranteed to get a handful of "awful CGI!" comments. 
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Aug 5, 2023 10:40 PM
Oct 2022
dios mio 。°(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°。
Aug 5, 2023 11:01 PM
May 2023
I feel so empty and sad
Aug 5, 2023 11:09 PM
Jun 2023
I already knew geto would switch sides, it was way too obvious from the beginning when he kept saying eating spirits like he was having enough of it. He never showed much emotions, and on top of that, having to work with satoru who is a lot stronger than him probably created this inferior complex deep inside him. And working with those non sorcerers who have no idea what they were talking about... So basically it is implying that geto would be the major villain in the next arc.

My critique: I feel like the first arc is wayyy too rushed. We barely got to know geto and satoru's past, and this dude showed up out of nowhere turns out to be megumi's dad. We barely see this dude for couple episodes and he dead. And now it rushed all the way to the present time like what??
The animation quality is good, but the plot execution is really weird.
Aug 6, 2023 12:52 AM
Apr 2018
One of the best episodes in the way it was directed, and voice acted.
Aug 6, 2023 1:30 AM
Jun 2021
VP2003boi said:
UriDaumCohen said:
honestly, the animation/directing was such a downgrade compared to all the other media this franchise has released so far.
This episode was not bad in any means, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth.
I really don't know what happened. frankly speaking, I am quite shocked.

hopefully, the next arc does not suffer the same treatment as this episode.
Ok im replying to you but its pretty much a reply to everyone else with this idea. 

In a way, i can get being disappointed by the animation, it is definitely very out there, do i think its bad in any way? No, not at all, its actually kinda amazing if you know how hard it is to make art with this much volume (and obviously the animation itself continues to be great) but still, it is very different from what we have had before, so i can (kinda) understand why someone would not enjoy it, as humans dont like change, be it good or bad, and art style is (mostly) subjective.

Now, what i dont understand is not liking the directing.... really? I just kinda wonder what type of directing people actually enjoy. Because, at least in this episode, the directing is some, if not all the right the best the show has had. In general s2 has been much, MUCH better in terms of directing than s1. Storyboards are way more ambitious, the editing is way more snappy, the aesthetic now looks much more realistic and doesnt at times look like poop colour. Again, this too is subjective, but good directing tends to be something i think everyone can see in a lot of different shows, so it shouldnt have this "shock" that for example the animation this episode might have in some. 
What people want is actually quite simple to understand: manga readers want panel to panel recreation (I'm myself am a manga reader, though don't get this idea at all. why would You even want it animated then if it is a panel to panel recreation?), and anime-only want something that looks generic enough, thus that's why when we get something really unique and interesting there's a backlash. My personal opinion: the whole situation is quite sad, since a good amount of people basically stand against the creativity
Aug 6, 2023 1:34 AM
Dec 2016
strafe_gg said:
VP2003boi said:
Ok im replying to you but its pretty much a reply to everyone else with this idea. 

In a way, i can get being disappointed by the animation, it is definitely very out there, do i think its bad in any way? No, not at all, its actually kinda amazing if you know how hard it is to make art with this much volume (and obviously the animation itself continues to be great) but still, it is very different from what we have had before, so i can (kinda) understand why someone would not enjoy it, as humans dont like change, be it good or bad, and art style is (mostly) subjective.

Now, what i dont understand is not liking the directing.... really? I just kinda wonder what type of directing people actually enjoy. Because, at least in this episode, the directing is some, if not all the right the best the show has had. In general s2 has been much, MUCH better in terms of directing than s1. Storyboards are way more ambitious, the editing is way more snappy, the aesthetic now looks much more realistic and doesnt at times look like poop colour. Again, this too is subjective, but good directing tends to be something i think everyone can see in a lot of different shows, so it shouldnt have this "shock" that for example the animation this episode might have in some. 
What people want is actually quite simple to understand: manga readers want panel to panel recreation (I'm myself am a manga reader, though don't get this idea at all. why would You even want it animated then if it is a panel to panel recreation?), and anime-only want something that looks generic enough, thus that's why when we get something really unique and interesting there's a backlash. My personal opinion: the whole situation is quite sad, since a good amount of people basically stand against the creativity
Nah alot of manga reader is pretty chill with this, including me. Don't try to represent all of us like that.

Just say "what I want is.." not "what people wants.."
Aug 6, 2023 1:39 AM
Jun 2021
Akihara_Jim said:
strafe_gg said:
Nah alot of manga reader is pretty chill with this, including me. Don't try to represent all of us like that.

Just say "what I want is.." not "what people wants.."
Might be the majority, might be the minority of manga readers. Can't say for sure, since changing an angle of the "honoured one" panel made a lot of people claim that "Mappa fucking ruined it".
And what do you mean say "what I want is..", I'm totally on board with the direction, it's far superior to what we've got in season one and I definitely don't want a one-to-one recreation of the manga. Though to repeat my point it seems that a lot of manga readers don't want any creativity, not to say that You specifically are against it
Aug 6, 2023 2:42 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! great wonderful episode!
Satoru took in kid Megumi while fallen to the dark side Geto took in the two little girls that was captive from that godforsaken foddered village! nice contrast!

Aug 6, 2023 2:49 AM
Jan 2020
Unlike some other series they did not overdo the flashback. Let's see what happens in the future.
Aug 6, 2023 3:09 AM
Oct 2022
osusume nandesuka
hai
Aug 6, 2023 4:19 AM
Jun 2023
Damn this episode was awesome!!
Aug 6, 2023 7:32 AM
Aug 2023
Creative storyboard
Aug 6, 2023 8:53 AM
Mar 2021
I don't understand much because I'm stupid and I have amnesia, but it was good, very good.
Aug 6, 2023 9:06 AM

May 2015
Killingspree! MONSTER KILL!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 6, 2023 9:55 AM
Jun 2016
Really emotional. Loved the shower scene.
Aug 6, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2021
KingofGamer2908 said:
Don't know why people appreciate this episode, everything is rushed, emotions just flowed until only overwhelming disappointment remains, Geto's past went from good guy to villain too rushed to the point of not knowing what happened, a disappointing episode for this arc, MAPPA ruined it

I can't agree more the whole good guy turned into a villain went pass by so quickly that I couldn't even understand the reason it felt like he turned into a villain because of experiencing burn out also the animation felt too cheap
Aug 6, 2023 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
Well I'm not an expert so I'm just gonna say what I've felt during the episode
The story felt too rushed I couldn't even fully understand why geto changed side I know he felt a lot of pressure and he was really tired but I couldn't fully sense that with only one episode
Animation feels really weird I don't know about creativity and stuff but as a simple audience I just didn't enjoyed it and I REALLY PREFER SEASON 1 ANIMATION
Aug 6, 2023 11:23 AM
Mar 2021
EnVaH said:
Holly shit I'm convinced Geto is right after reading commnets about animation quality. you're all just useless monkeys, I would go with his route if I had any power.

You seriously need some help... you can't even allow people to have their own opinion 👀👀
Aug 6, 2023 11:42 AM
Dec 2016
EnVaH said:
Holly shit I'm convinced Geto is right after reading commnets about animation quality. you're all just useless monkeys, I would go with his route if I had any power.
Lmao, I actually can relates 🤣
Aug 6, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2020
the animation was amazing and i loved the fact that they added little details to make the audience more into the story and understand suguru's downfall
Aug 6, 2023 12:17 PM
Jan 2022
I hete this anime (I'm still crying after this episode)
Aug 6, 2023 12:21 PM
Feb 2021
w episode
glad we finally get some context for character motivations
Aug 6, 2023 1:38 PM

Aug 2017
Geto finally snapped and came to terms with his feelings. He joined the dark side.  After witnessing Riko get shot, it planted a seed of doubt in him about the worth of non-sorcerers.
And it became even more clear after talking with Yuki about her creating a world where curses are not born. This ignited Geto to finally rid the world of non-sorcerers because they release more curses into the world. Non-sorcerers cannot contain their curse energy. So Geto did the unthinkable and set fire to a village of 112 inhabitants. I guess having to exorcise and absorb curses will drive a man to the breaking point. Having to taste a dirty rag used to wipe shit and blood will make you hate life fore real. Seeing Gojo get pissed off at Geto was heartbreaking. Their friendship will never be the same again.

Aug 6, 2023 2:46 PM

May 2015
More passive episode than the previous to introduce next arc.
Aug 6, 2023 4:58 PM
Jul 2020
direction was super amazing and awesome
Aug 6, 2023 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Felt like the artstyle in this episode changed again. Looked kinda avant-garde
Aug 7, 2023 12:02 AM
Jan 2022
Great animation. The way mappa is handling this szn is gr8 on too shibuya.
Aug 7, 2023 3:30 AM
Feb 2017
This episode literally broke me, like they were the best friends yet ended in this position where Gojo had to kill Geto and even after this he says about him as 'his one and only friend' i cant take it no more, it just hurts. Also you can see the both perspectives Gojo's in movie and Geto's in this ep where Gojo's one is so slow and so dark because he is losing his friend and Geto's is clear and bright because he found his life path and can do what he want. it hurts bro
Aug 7, 2023 5:00 AM
May 2020
This show is blowing me the fuck away. It’s doing things I thought were literally impossible in a TV anime week after week.

The direction and editing are on par with the best work of Naoko Yamada, and the soundtrack is one of the best I’ve ever heard.

If this quality holds up throughout I’m going to be comfortable calling this the greatest anime of all time.
Aug 7, 2023 11:45 AM
Mar 2023
Great character development for several of the cast. Also, a great overall representation of self morals and ideals reflected based on there experience as jujutsu sorcerers in the past years.

The episode expanded on Gojo and Getos self identity and purpose in the world in JJK as a whole. The episode emphasized on there dynamic and showed how much they changed throughout the conflict and experience in the past years. Doing so it showed how it effected them individually and of each other (relationship wise) especially Geto.
Aug 7, 2023 11:49 AM
Jun 2016
Wow! A great cinematic piece of art
Aug 7, 2023 1:05 PM
Jun 2023
Masterpiece episode indeed!
Aug 7, 2023 2:31 PM
Mar 2015
Back from the past
Aug 7, 2023 2:53 PM
Jun 2021
La verdad es muy fuerte ver lo de Geto, como está animaban tan bien lo mal que estaba físicamente y ya con su "loca" idea de aniquilar a todos los no hechiceros. Por último ver como las generaciones cambian y ya encajar el rompecabezas de hacia donde se dirige todo y hasta entender un pco el bando de los "malos".
Aug 7, 2023 7:15 PM
Sep 2021
Simply perfect, :D
Aug 7, 2023 10:10 PM

May 2021
What an episode. Kinda sent chills seeing Geto do what he did. Especially the part where he invites the leaders of the Star Religious Group on stage to help them understand.

So I take it that he's still out there and maybe the Shibuya Arc's gonna focus on him.

Aug 8, 2023 12:28 AM
Jul 2021
Zhr357 said:
KingofGamer2908 said:
Don't know why people appreciate this episode, everything is rushed, emotions just flowed until only overwhelming disappointment remains, Geto's past went from good guy to villain too rushed to the point of not knowing what happened, a disappointing episode for this arc, MAPPA ruined it

I can't agree more the whole good guy turned into a villain went pass by so quickly that I couldn't even understand the reason it felt like he turned into a villain because of experiencing burn out also the animation felt too cheap
the animation was anything but cheap. This episode had some of the best animation and direction of the whole show
Aug 8, 2023 7:02 AM
Dec 2022
gojo was fucking awesome and geto is goonna loose his frndship badly whcih is hurtful for watchers
Aug 8, 2023 7:08 AM
Apr 2022
Geto was on poor diet that eventually led to poor decision making, i understand
Aug 8, 2023 9:09 AM
Feb 2023
Gavinyeet said:
Zhr357 said:
the animation was anything but cheap. This episode had some of the best animation and direction of the whole show

I really want to know if you ppl actually believe that or not. Because the amount coping and capping from this is just insane.
Aug 8, 2023 11:20 AM
Feb 2020
CINEMA, ABSOLUTE CINEMA WOW
Aug 8, 2023 11:20 AM
Feb 2020
CINEMA, ABSOLUTE CINEMA WOW
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

590 by WizardNuggie »»
Yesterday, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

500 by serdnagg »»
Oct 19, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

559 by serdnagg »»
Oct 19, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

632 by KOPR »»
Oct 15, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 13, 2023

319 by hovcapalot »»
Oct 13, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.