Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 27, 2023 3:43 AM
Jun 2012
Will there be a season 2 its unique i never seen anything like this not sure why he gets such a low rating when garbage like boku no hero is popular
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2023 3:58 AM
Jun 2023
I think it got a fair rating for it and i don't think there's anything good about this anime rather than the OP and animation in first few episodes
Jun 27, 2023 4:11 AM
Jul 2022
D4rkAnubis said:
Will there be a season 2 its unique i never seen anything like this not sure why he gets such a low rating when garbage like boku no hero is popular

The MC sucks, the storyline is almost nonexistent and when it is existent it sucks. The CGI is unnecessarily bad and this show is just overall bad in general. It is worse than My Hero because at least My Hero had some good characters and action going for it...
Jun 27, 2023 4:33 AM
Dec 2022
not comparing MHA, I think it should get a sequel because the upcoming story is better than what we have seen up untill now.
let's hope for it 🤞🤞
Jun 27, 2023 4:38 AM
Apr 2021
I can DEFINITELY see a season 2 coming
Jun 27, 2023 4:42 AM
Jan 2023
nah this anime is just bad it has no storyline at all and my question for the author is why tf he show to that girl that he can go another world
bro that should be a secret not everyone needs to know 💀
Jun 27, 2023 6:21 AM
Jul 2022
well, the studio make a 2 season for trash animes. so no doubt, we will see one more season. but i think firstly they will make a season 2 for i am spider so what then we can see season 2 for iseleve
Jun 27, 2023 6:48 AM
Jan 2022
I hope so, they got a good rating and was in top 10 of this season consistently
Jun 27, 2023 9:13 AM
Jun 2021
D4rkAnubis said:

Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes. people are not saying this anime garbage because they liked it, they are saying it because it is garbage. the whole story is a literally dogshit. i thing you are new here so you might not know but there are many anime where the story is 100times greater than this.

and the reason for boku no hero academia's high rating is because the whole story develops at a steady pace but maintains story's other elements such as action, character development,romantic subtext etc without trashing the whole thing in 12 episode like the anime you are talking about.

even if there is a 2nd season the rating will mostly be same if no major change is made with the anime itself.
Jun 27, 2023 9:22 AM
Jan 2023
yup definitely needed...
Jun 27, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2022
CrymsonAlpha said:
D4rkAnubis said:

Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes. people are not saying this anime garbage because they liked it, they are saying it because it is garbage. the whole story is a literally dogshit. i think you are new here so you might not know but there are many anime where the story is 100times greater than this.

and the reason for boku no hero academia's high rating is because the whole story develops at a steady pace but maintains story's other elements such as action, character development,romantic subtext etc without trashing the whole thing in 12 episode like the anime you are talking about.

even if there is a 2nd season the rating will mostly be same if no major change is made with the anime itself.

lol no life opinion
Jun 27, 2023 10:18 AM
May 2018
The series has heart but the animation was God awful. I'd like a second season but nor sure we'll get it.
Jun 27, 2023 10:34 AM
Sep 2022
i dont know if yall know or not but just a heads up, there is still one more ep coming out on June 28, it was just delayed👍
Jun 27, 2023 11:42 AM
Apr 2023
I mean I would like a season two but it got kinda boring midway in
Jun 27, 2023 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
LonelyNexus said:
i dont know if yall know or not but just a heads up, there is still one more ep coming out on June 28, it was just delayed👍

Appreciate you. I was wondering what was going on with that lol
Jun 28, 2023 7:37 AM
Aug 2021
probably. the main criticism is that the storyline feels almost nonexistent and the only thing saving is the character designs tbh.
Jun 28, 2023 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
Garbage show with subpar production, but who knows? Japan will love it to death...
Jun 28, 2023 9:24 AM
Feb 2021
listen usualy i sonr mind animes like this because i love harems but this anime is too much man.

he is just perfect and no one questions it?

he is so strong and moves like he isnt human and everyone is like yea ok whatever?

everything just get served of a plate in front of him and likes oh u want thia this this and this? thats cool just take it.

at first i thought u know maybe this anime would be more focus about how it dosent matter how perfect u are if u are insecure like he was when he was fat but nope everything going the right way for this man and its just too much.

please no season 2 lol
Jun 28, 2023 9:25 AM
Feb 2021
Golden_Cheese said:
D4rkAnubis said:

The MC sucks, the storyline is almost nonexistent and when it is existent it sucks. The CGI is unnecessarily bad and this show is just overall bad in general. It is worse than My Hero because at least My Hero had some good characters and action going for it...

the storyline?

what story line exist in this anime lol?

every episode he just gets everything anyone ever wanted like its nothing
Jun 28, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2019
Honestly, i do hope there will be season 2. It ended just when things started to get interesting. Before that i watched it because im sucker for OP isekai.
Jun 28, 2023 11:35 AM
Dec 2022
I hope there is a season 🤞🤞
Jun 28, 2023 11:42 AM

Sep 2013
CrymsonAlpha said:
Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes
Okay dude xDDDDD 
Jun 28, 2023 12:42 PM

Dec 2015
D4rkAnubis said:

Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes. people are not saying this anime garbage because they liked it, they are saying it because it is garbage. the whole story is a literally dogshit. i think you are new here so you might not know but there are many anime where the story is 100times greater than this.

@CrymsonAlpha  your foul language aside, i've watched probably more than 10,000 titles of anime in the past 32 years and i enjoyed this show. how's your experience level, did you pass 1k yourself yet? sure, it isn't a perfect show. but none ever are. the story actually flowed fairly well for a just OK adaptation by the screenwriters. the character designs were quite beautiful, even group/mob scenes were filled with characters that each looked individually created. the fight sequences were well plotted out and executed. the backgrounds and environmental elements were gorgeously detailed and consistent. the cinematography unfortunately took a backseat to the detailing of the characters, actions, animations, and magical effects. the CGA flow from cell animation to computer animation and back again was most definitely above average with very few scenes or frames where the distinction between the two was glaringly obvious. i'm quite certain this was an 8/10 show and if the 1st season had been extended to more than 13 episodes Millepensee would have done a better job with the storylines. 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jun 28, 2023 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
i hope it gets a 2nd season, i enjoyed watching this show alot. 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jun 28, 2023 1:27 PM
Mar 2021
Hope so. I absolutely loved it.  And it feels like they have that intention. Gotta love all these people thinking they get to decide for everyone whether an anime is good or bad.

I really like the animation style. The main character is believably kindhearted, the isekai Princess is a really entertaining bratty character, the real-world "princess" is his kind-hearted female counterpart. The teaser during the ending that the white-haired girl enrolls hints at some interesting developments in the next season. The concept of a door with admin privileges (as opposed to a summoning or reincarnation) allowing him to take people between the two worlds is an interesting new take on the trope. I'm not gonna spoil it for myself by reading the manga, but I'm expecting his school friends to be included in the adventure at some point. I'm also really looking forward to the princess and Kaori meeting, which was also teased at in the ending.

People complaining about character development or storyline is just weird to me. It's a 13 episode first season. Characters are being introduced, two worlds are gradually being presented. It's the prelude to the story. That's why there are still so many unknowns. We barely know the situation or future trouble that await him in the other world, the Vile seem to be the biggest threat, but the only Vile we've seen so far is an irregular one. An apprentice of the Divine Archer who was somehow corrupted. And the Divine Archer getting betrayed hints at political intrigue. All in all, plenty to look forward to!

Some of my personal favourite statements in this thread that I can't resist responding to:

CrymsonAlpha said:
Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes.

I've been watching anime for about 20 years now. I've watched pretty much every adventure/fantasy/sci-fi anime released during that time, and plenty from before it. Am I qualified to have my own opinion? 😅 😂

KANLen said:
Garbage show with subpar production, but who knows? Japan will love it to death...

Yeah, if the people from the country where anime comes from think it's good, it must be bad.
Jun 28, 2023 2:50 PM

Jul 2022
KiliianSleipnir said:
… if the 1st season had been extended to more than 13 episodes Millepensee would have done a better job with the storylines.

NLJjin said:
It's a 13 episode first season. Characters are being introduced, two worlds are gradually being presented. It's the prelude to the story.

Yeah, I thought the pacing was fine: it got enough done in one season. It was kind of a running joke that all the random low-stakes encounters in the real world kept interrupting his fantasy adventure: a not-so-subtle way of saying that the show isn't really about the fight scenes. How long did it take till we got the standard sign-up-for-the-adventurer's-guild scene? Compare that to how, out of nowhere…

Hilarious. That's enough for a second season right there.
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM

Oct 2011
Hope it gets S2. Was really good.
It´s get so annoying, that the Isekai haters have to flame every Isekai Anime that comes out.
I don´t get why you keep watching Isekais when you don´t like the genre.
Jun 28, 2023 3:00 PM
Mar 2021
verbinflection said:
KiliianSleipnir said:
… if the 1st season had been extended to more than 13 episodes Millepensee would have done a better job with the storylines.

NLJjin said:
It's a 13 episode first season. Characters are being introduced, two worlds are gradually being presented. It's the prelude to the story.

Yeah, I thought the pacing was fine: it got enough done in one season. It was kind of a running joke that all the random low-stakes encounters in the real world kept interrupting his fantasy adventure: a not-so-subtle way of saying that the show isn't really about the fight scenes. How long did it take till we got the standard sign-up-for-the-adventurer's-guild scene? Compare that to how, out of nowhere…

Hilarious. That's enough for a second season right there.

Completely agree. It sets itself apart in a refreshingly good way. As for how much the story progressed, I grew up when 20-24 episodes was the MINIMUM season size and popular established anime even had 50 episode seasons. Now it's a highly competitive environment and they do these shorter format seasons to get a feel for how well people like the setting and tropes used. Iseleve had a good reception in Japan. Meanwhile the instant-gratification action-junkies call it garbage.
Jun 28, 2023 3:02 PM

Nov 2009
CrymsonAlpha said:
D4rkAnubis said:

Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes. people are not saying this anime garbage because they liked it, they are saying it because it is garbage. the whole story is a literally dogshit. i thing you are new here so you might not know but there are many anime where the story is 100times greater than this.

I have seen more than 1100 anime and I can say that this anime is a good prologue, I don't know if the manga has a good story after what we watched in the anime, but it is a good prologue, instead, BNHA is really really overrated, it is super dull and repetitive.

Iseleve isn't sure the most original anime in the world, but it has a cool character design and it isn't so bad as a story, let's say, noting new, I saw a very large amount of anime with a similar story, but I would love to see a second season
Jun 28, 2023 4:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ill easily take a s2 of this
Jun 28, 2023 5:05 PM
Apr 2022
it sold bonkers despite Fujimi Fantasia Bunko putting no marketing in it vs Spy Classroom. For June, it was the 2nd best selling light novel. It was also one of the most watched crunchyroll anime this spring. Yeah they are giving this another season. I actually didn't expect this show to really take off. But they probably don't have another cour lined up right away like they did with spy classroom
Jun 28, 2023 5:56 PM
Apr 2014
CrymsonAlpha said:
D4rkAnubis said:

I totally agree with you. I think this anime (and probably the light novel too) is pure dogsh*t. Not just the animation, which is sad because getting a slice of life budget for an overpowered fantasy is a tragedy, but the story is written by a 6 years old boy too probably. There is nothing entertaining at all, at least when it starts to be, the full always happy ending ruins it. And when you see that the author has written Shinka no Mi too...
I think back in my '70 days of animes' days I would have love this thing but now I just can't like a bit of this... And when I see people who have seen more anime than me, giving it a chance (8/10 seriously bro?) it hurts me, I understand why anime industry is going down (oh yes we have bangers every season but also a lot of horrible anime, more than just 10 years ago). I think even a 6 is too much for this. And it doesn't taste like 'the studio did a bad adaptation on the story' or they are worse than I can possibly imagine.
I prefer that this anime would have never existed.
Jun 28, 2023 6:03 PM

Jan 2021
This whole anime from beginning to end was one big clusterfuck. The plot was boring as hell sometimes and things just get cut short. I mean what was that ending? Yuuya talks to Kaori and that's that? It literally got cut off, how can you call that an ending?

But knowing Japan it probably will get an season 2, that's just my guess.
Jun 28, 2023 6:07 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Nyfityrial said:
nah this anime is just bad it has  no storyline at all and my question for the author is why tf he show to that girl that he can go another world
bro that should be a secret not everyone needs to know 💀
What I thought as well... thats the dumbest idea ever lol

I think the rating is pretty accurate.. but Id watch another season of it.
Great show to watch when you had a long day or dont feel like paying attention
MeriuJun 28, 2023 6:13 PM
Jun 28, 2023 6:09 PM

Oct 2021
That's the thing sir, other people don't find it as unique as you do.
Jun 28, 2023 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
By the last minute and all the mixed and skipped content I don't think there will be a second season, also I what happens after is just insane and absurd, anyone here that have read volume 8 know what I'm talking
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 28, 2023 7:36 PM
Mar 2022
I really hope they do consider making a season two it’s got a unique concept and it’s got a nice message in it
Jun 28, 2023 8:20 PM
Jun 2021
KiliianSleipnir said:

@CrymsonAlpha  your foul language aside, i've watched probably more than 10,000 titles of anime in the past 32 years and i enjoyed this show. how's your experience level, did you pass 1k yourself yet? sure, it isn't a perfect show. but none ever are. the story actually flowed fairly well for a just OK adaptation by the screenwriters. the character designs were quite beautiful, even group/mob scenes were filled with characters that each looked individually created. the fight sequences were well plotted out and executed. the backgrounds and environmental elements were gorgeously detailed and consistent. the cinematography unfortunately took a backseat to the detailing of the characters, actions, animations, and magical effects. the CGA flow from cell animation to computer animation and back again was most definitely above average with very few scenes or frames where the distinction between the two was glaringly obvious. i'm quite certain this was an 8/10 show and if the 1st season had been extended to more than 13 episodes Millepensee would have done a better job with the storylines. 

Sorry looks like the comment i made there was foul. Now to answer your question,yes i myself have seen more than 1k titles myself and saw all of them in corona with 3 years so i believe that all of the details are still fresh. my very first anime which happens to be a isekai (the familiar of zero) has greater storyline, good graphics, action etc than some isekai anime from this gen. i know that the anime you all are talking about has good cgi,character. my problem is not there. it is in its pace. such as i can say about his skills. the skills he possess gets shown like 0.5 sec which is so fast that i had to pause the entire video to watch what skill he even has or got. i get it that the storyline would have been great if he had the needed time but it didn't and we got a raw experience. after that i can tell you about the possible heroin characters with half neurone of a teenager. please explain how a character define something like being rescued from a burning shopping complex and falling from more than 10 floors(don't remember the correct floor amount but any normal human would have died if it was 4 unless he was made of steel) and get away with it by having scold by firefighters as perfectly normal? after that i can say about his play in sports where he literally breaks the entire game. the whole story has many secrets in his background such as about the door to the another world. some will say that the story will improve when it has a second season. in my case the answer is that by the time it releases eminence in shadow 2nd season,sheild hero 3rd season and many more will high rating isekai will dominate the whole genre that many people who are currently telling that they liked the anime will say that it has became boring. i have watched so much isekai with action and great plot that i expect isekai to be as good as i presume. but alas it has degraded over time and now instead of getting more action we are getting more experimental story such as isekai cooking, farming etc. i wouldn't say that it was a worse experience but it wasn't what i wanted from isekai. back then many of the isekai i watched had harem such as another world with my smartphone(i didn't liked it then for the harem but i liked the concept about getting Isekai with smartphone) which have stayed the same with the second season.slime is getting improvement in storyline and i expect it to get even better in 3rd season which i think it will accomplish. but the harem made in this anime is a worse experience because the mc gets nearly all good looking girls/woman in first encounter. i get it that mc is a good looking boy but come on why there isn't any kid who is jealous of him in his new school.as the anime isekai is getting boring for me i have shifted to manga/manhwa.

sorry if i have made you angry with the previous and current comment as English is not my primary language and i am not fluent in it but i hope you get the idea.
Jun 28, 2023 8:21 PM
Oct 2011
It was... Not very good, but it was kinda fun to watch, I'd watch a S2.

The thing that annoyed me the most were the "real world" parts where everybody is just spending time telling the MC how amazing he is, while he acts as if he wasn't a demigod, even feeling insecure, it was very silly, and very annoying, it didn't need so many parts repeating the same theme over and over and over again.
Jun 28, 2023 8:21 PM
Jun 2021
NLJjin said:
Hope so. I absolutely loved it.  And it feels like they have that intention. Gotta love all these people thinking they get to decide for everyone whether an anime is good or bad.

I really like the animation style. The main character is believably kindhearted, the isekai Princess is a really entertaining bratty character, the real-world "princess" is his kind-hearted female counterpart. The teaser during the ending that the white-haired girl enrolls hints at some interesting developments in the next season. The concept of a door with admin privileges (as opposed to a summoning or reincarnation) allowing him to take people between the two worlds is an interesting new take on the trope. I'm not gonna spoil it for myself by reading the manga, but I'm expecting his school friends to be included in the adventure at some point. I'm also really looking forward to the princess and Kaori meeting, which was also teased at in the ending.

People complaining about character development or storyline is just weird to me. It's a 13 episode first season. Characters are being introduced, two worlds are gradually being presented. It's the prelude to the story. That's why there are still so many unknowns. We barely know the situation or future trouble that await him in the other world, the Vile seem to be the biggest threat, but the only Vile we've seen so far is an irregular one. An apprentice of the Divine Archer who was somehow corrupted. And the Divine Archer getting betrayed hints at political intrigue. All in all, plenty to look forward to!

Some of my personal favourite statements in this thread that I can't resist responding to:

CrymsonAlpha said:
Bro not to be rude but please rewatch this garbage after you complete 1100 animes.

I've been watching anime for about 20 years now. I've watched pretty much every adventure/fantasy/sci-fi anime released during that time, and plenty from before it. Am I qualified to have my own opinion? 😅 😂

KANLen said:

Yeah, if the people from the country where anime comes from think it's good, it must be bad.

of course you have a opinion of your own in this matter.
Jun 28, 2023 8:24 PM
Jun 2021
Mervis said:
CrymsonAlpha said:

I have seen more than 1100 anime and I can say that this anime is a good prologue, I don't know if the manga has a good story after what we watched in the anime, but it is a good prologue, instead, BNHA is really really overrated, it is super dull and repetitive.

Iseleve isn't sure the most original anime in the world, but it has a cool character design and it isn't so bad as a story, let's say, noting new, I saw a very large amount of anime with a similar story, but I would love to see a second season

different people have different taste. personally i liked bnha.
Jun 28, 2023 8:32 PM
Jun 2021
Arbiter1243 said:
CrymsonAlpha said:

I totally agree with you. I think this anime (and probably the light novel too) is pure dogsh*t. Not just the animation, which is sad because getting a slice of life budget for an overpowered fantasy is a tragedy, but the story is written by a 6 years old boy too probably. There is nothing entertaining at all, at least when it starts to be, the full always happy ending ruins it. And when you see that the author has written Shinka no Mi too...
I think back in my '70 days of animes' days I would have love this thing but now I just can't like a bit of this... And when I see people who have seen more anime than me, giving it a chance (8/10 seriously bro?) it hurts me, I understand why anime industry is going down (oh yes we have bangers every season but also a lot of horrible anime, more than just 10 years ago). I think even a 6 is too much for this. And it doesn't taste like 'the studio did a bad adaptation on the story' or they are worse than I can possibly imagine.
I prefer that this anime would have never existed.

at last i found someone who gets what i am feeling. coincidentally i happen to finish shinka no mi and it was....(got no words to describe)gave it 1 star.

who in their right mind would end the last ep's fight with song and dance??? and how the heck principal and 2 other villain magically return from their death and just simply become good guys???

i didn't knew that the writer had written both of this story. compared to shinka no mi this anime is much more improved.
Jun 28, 2023 8:35 PM

Nov 2009
I don't dislike it, but I found it very very VERY overrated, and a little boring (same thing Kimetsu no Yaiba).
Jun 28, 2023 9:06 PM
Sep 2018
Any news about season 2 ?
Jun 29, 2023 5:47 AM

Apr 2021
Bro really said 'unique'
Jun 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Mar 2021
It heavily oversold in lns in Japan despite them putting no marketing into this. It was one of the most watched shows on crunchyroll this summer. I am sure they will give it a second season. But they probably don't have it lined up yet since fantasia bunko didn't expect it to do well
Jun 29, 2023 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
It was honestly a guilty pleasure that I for the most part binge-watched through the heatwave. At least much better than Shinka S2, but that's a low bar anyways. I'd watch a S2 if it doesn't get butchered like its cousin.

But really, what annoyed me the most in this and some other shows, is how everyone has to stare and talk loudly about him in the real world scenes.
"omg is he single" "is that a model" "they look so cute together"
Seriously...
Jun 29, 2023 11:48 AM
Jun 2022
D4rkAnubis said:

😂True but kinda feels like that was the end given how it ended
Jun 29, 2023 12:35 PM

Oct 2008
To be fair, I started watching this because I wanted to watch another random "airing" thing, but ended up enjoying it a lot. I would not say that this is "unique", but sure it's different from the current isekai things nowadays.

Really hope that this will get a 2nd season.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Jun 29, 2023 3:54 PM
May 2017
so to be clear, you don't think this shit was ass?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.