Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2019 9:27 AM
Jan 2019
I just completed watching this anime and that really was good with a happy ending.. I didn't read the LN so I don't know much but the rating of 6.06 seems to be too low so I was wondering why!! Even the MC was not overpowered or anything like that..
Oct 20, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2019
well ... i dont know myself , but lest just say that ln better in the term of world building , characters fells better , especially MC ( just my opinion ) well and anime is super rush , like skipping ang cutting down a lot of things . make yourself a favor and check out LN , if you like anime series .

p.s all above just my humble opinion , and sorry for my bad english
Oct 24, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2016
This anime is very good, but it's almost like watching a Season 2 without a Season 1.

It really needed world building, and maybe one episode or two before he got isekai'd, to introduce Mitsuki, him, and their relationships, properly.
Also, the last minute of the anime could've been a final episode instead of 60 seconds.

But the main reason people hate this, in my opinion...is because the anime took an original turn from the source material, where apparently there was an harem ending, and people are braindead for harem, lol.
bruh
Oct 24, 2019 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Genres: Fantasy, Harem

/Thread
Apr 6, 2020 1:21 AM
Feb 2017
I'm only halfway thru but i can imagine people got bored because it says harem and its definitely not treated like a harem. Plus the MC isn't really anything. I mean sure he has his smartphone but like he said, without it I'm just a kid. He has no abilities or special powers that he'll unlock later and i think that bores some people seeing him doing much of nothing. I don't mind it though, i think overall its not the worst anime I've watched. There are definitely way worse shows with way worse animation and story. I'd give it a 7 out 10 so far
Apr 7, 2020 1:01 AM

Jul 2019
This abomination managed to do something pretty amazing - it's the only anime I've ever scored 1. It hurted my eyes to even have it on my list, so I decaded to delete it eventually.

I think that Mother's Basement did a pretty good job with his analysis of this anime. I'm just gonna quote one sentence that was so true: 'If someone made a list of everything that's wrong with generic seasonal-isekai-harem-LN adaptations and someone found that list and used it as a plot synopsis, Master of Ragnarok would be the dollar store knock-off of whatever they made.
Jun 4, 2020 6:08 PM
Apr 2015
Personally I thought it could have been decent enough had there been more world building, character development, etc.
It's like the Accel World movie where it expects you to just know everything that has happened even if it's never been shown/told (in an animated form at least).

I don't really mind harems and whatnot but all the anime really did was introduce a bunch of characters then just kind of "set them free" to do random stuff while occasionally getting some screen time.

TL;DR: Felt rushed, characters were bland due to no development, seems to have skipped parts of the source to fit in more of the "plot" (felt like it anyway; haven't read the source but it felt like chunks/arcs were missing) and there isn't really any "plot" in the anime.

It's a shame because when I was watching it I felt like it could've been decent but was ultimately a waste of potential. I ended up dropping it at episode 8 *~*
I don't really mind what some would call "braindead harems" or whatever as I see it as something light to watch with characters to enjoy but I do still want to see something actually happening.
Jan 23, 2021 11:47 PM
Dec 2020
For me the biggest issue was how chopped up the story was, mostly at the beginning and the end.

It starts 2 years after he has been summoned to the new world and they never even talk about how he went from not even speaking their language to being in position to take over the tribe. And it's not written in a way to make accommodations for that, it's more like they expect the viewer to have read the LN or manga and to know these everyone's back story.

That's poor storytelling, but not a deal killer as you can fill in the blanks well enough for the most part. The ending is a really let down though. I won't get into spoilers, but they set up what would normally be a real cliffhanger. The tribe is in trouble, armies are closing in, it's a desperate situation and then they just cut to a scene that maybe is some months later, or maybe not. It's kind of a tacked on happy scene ending scene that tells us little to how the plot was resolved.
Jan 25, 2021 7:21 AM
Apr 2020
For me i just finished the anime i think
The story was good but mc was nothing special
How the story started wasn't good
It lacked comedy for me
First anime i wanted to drop but i finished it anyway cuz i can't drop any anime lol
May 3, 2021 1:18 AM
Apr 2021
Probably because the main character won't smash any of the girls. And his girl back in current times is annoying.
May 21, 2021 2:04 PM
Greetings!

Jan 2021
I just finished the anime. And I can say it was pretty cool, the ending was happy but useless one in my opinion, could ending be differently and continue with another season. The main character was not very overpower, and many characters remained lost, the monarchs of the other clans, that witch and many others. That's it's a possible reason for this rating. 8/10
Jun 25, 2021 1:08 PM
May 2021
Cause this anime deserves the low rating. They just talk talk and talk with 10% fight. No prior character development like why the fuck that Valkyrie hates gods so much? Pathetic Animation like from some 90's anime and the cherry on top for some people will be the wierd portrayal of god they currently worship like you just had to change the names but you had to choose the gods from the religion that is being practiced by over a billion people. They could've made it an interesting mind-blowing fighting anime like dragon ball but it was a shit in the end.
Jun 25, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2019
Just look at the cover and you will have the answer.
Aug 13, 2021 12:03 PM
Mar 2021
I think people just hate on it because it didn't suit their taste and instead of just moving to a show better suited to them, they want to go out of their way to broadcast their pettiness
Oct 25, 2021 7:53 PM
Aug 2021
Because it's very boring, but if there is a Season 2 please make a very interesting story
Oct 25, 2021 7:58 PM

Aug 2021
The question is, why isn't it lower than its current score?
Nov 29, 2021 7:24 AM
Oct 2020
I really liked it. Potential unfortunately wasted, some cringe here and there but passable. Would have been a masterpiece if it weren't rushed like this. Though in this state and configuration it deserves a low score.
Apr 13, 2022 10:42 AM
Apr 2021
I dont know. While its not great its definitely not bad enough to justify its rating, but looking at the reviews it seems that it has haters ranking it 1 or 2 stars all over the place.
Apr 16, 2022 3:40 AM
Aug 2014
Story is rushed as hell (like Arifureta, they relegated how the MC got isekai'd through the OP. UNLIKE Arifureta, the MC is already established as a somebody from the get go. Never mind not explaining everything else like how his smartphone still worked in the medieval world.)

Because of the rushed story, there's little time to get to know the characters, so characterization sucks apart from having a harem of literally Mahouka's Miyuki

Animation is subpar (my god, some of the battles scenes are so bad)

Music is merely...okay

Overall is forgettable.

I wanted to like the show(in fact, I think my score of 3-4 is too high)...but it's probably one of the weakest thing I've seen since...Magical Warfare.
Jun 9, 2022 10:44 AM
Jun 2022
Maybe the rating is so low because the anime is low tier garbage? No offence to anyone who likes this anime, but the reason why the ratings are so low is because this anime just isn't good.

I think the low rating perfectly reflects in quality. Now, you maybe asking, ok, what's this guy's reason for saying this?

I could explain myself but I think this video by mother's basement covers this topic better than I could ever.

https://youtu.be/2dAIvjuj1dg

Enjoy.
Jul 29, 2022 2:20 AM
Jul 2020
Anime_freak_08 said:
I just completed watching this anime and that really was good with a happy ending.. I didn't read the LN so I don't know much but the rating of 6.06 seems to be too low so I was wondering why!! Even the MC was not overpowered or anything like that..

The fact that you could say this show is actually good is already quite amazing y'now.
May 27, 2023 10:47 PM
Sep 2021
Fuck ratings, I'd watch the anime without knowing what it's rated. Redo Of Healer having a higher score than this makes me so mad. Even if it were original, people would still hate on it anyway. Ratings are full of biases anyway. I never trust them at all.
Jun 5, 2023 9:39 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
KanekiKen523 said:
Fuck ratings, I'd watch the anime without knowing what it's rated. Redo Of Healer having a higher score than this makes me so mad. Even if it were original, people would still hate on it anyway. Ratings are full of biases anyway. I never trust them at all.
Why is that? Redo of Healer is far superior than this dog turd anime. At least Redo of Healer takes a unique twist to this overused and abused genre. At least the main male character actually has the balls to have sex with girls lusting after him. 
Aug 11, 2023 10:19 PM

Apr 2013
watching this is like watching unfinished season 2 part 2 but with missing 90% of the episodes. (but some parts were somewhat comical for small laugh)
Nov 8, 2023 6:21 PM
Nov 2023
It scored low in my opinion because the protagonist is weak and afraid of women. It supposed to be a harem lol. The writer ends up choosing the worst female out of all of them for the protagonist to marry. On the more important side the story lacks the following of traditional writing of "The Hero's Journey" so it made the story confusing and the end goal weak or insignificant.
sephiroth_nbk1Nov 8, 2023 6:25 PM
Feb 16, 2:34 AM
Aug 2020
I enjoyed this show more than most isekai, it had a plot that actually moved, consistently created problems to solve, was in a fun ancient magic world with loose historical references, and an MC that was OP not due to overwhelming physical or magical power, but strategy. Everyone in his clan/clans he has dominion over calling him brother/father/master is just part of their ancient world's culture, don't know why people act like it is implying incest themes, they are clearly and overwhelmingly obviously not related in any way, shape, or form. It wasn't emotionally moving or super impactful, but it was a fun and enjoyable show in a fresh and unique world with a great ending that wrapped itself up in one season. I gave it an 8 and the average score I've given to animes I've rated is a 5.92.
SosighetyFeb 16, 2:50 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

13 by AlphaWinchester »»
Jun 11, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

69 by cannon_fire123 »»
Dec 24, 2022 7:55 AM

Poll: » Best Girl poll

MetalTsundere - Nov 11, 2018

6 by LowIqSalty »»
Nov 15, 2022 2:59 AM

Poll: » Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2018

23 by Gator »»
Oct 7, 2022 7:57 AM

Poll: » Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

15 by Gator »»
Oct 6, 2022 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.