Feb 2019
Do you consider Eren an evil character?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 18, 2023 12:48 AM

May 2021
I consider eren to be a mid character.
Apr 18, 2023 12:52 AM
Sep 2022
If you have watched the anime you know the answer...
Apr 18, 2023 1:00 AM
Mar 2021
Enri_eu said:

I will consider Mappa as evil if anime ending also goes like manga‼️
Apr 18, 2023 1:10 AM
Nov 2022
Enri_eu said:

Yes, he is. (character limit)
KyTyApr 20, 2023 10:58 PM
Apr 18, 2023 1:19 AM
Oct 2022
Depends how u view it. I mean he said he was sorry tho so I don’t think so🤷‍♀️
Apr 18, 2023 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
if you read the last manga chapter then yes he is evil

ClairvoyantSoul said:

if Eren killed your family and says sorry afterwards then he is still a good person?
Apr 18, 2023 1:33 AM
Oct 2022
deg said:
if you read the last manga chapter then yes he is evil

ClairvoyantSoul said:

if Eren killed your family and says sorry afterwards then he is still a good person?

Damn right. Even with no sorry he is the man for that‼️
Jul 2022
ClairvoyantSoul said:

Hello Clair. Glad to see that you aren't defending that abomination
Oct 2022
Yozace said:
ClairvoyantSoul said:

Hello Clair. Glad to see that you aren't defending that abomination

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Apr 18, 2023 1:34 AM
Oct 2022
EREN DID NOTHING WRONG! FREE MY BOY EREN! FOR FREEDOM RAHHHHHHH🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅
Apr 18, 2023 1:35 AM

Apr 2016
Well, that really depends on if you're a man or a woman.
Apr 18, 2023 1:36 AM
Jul 2022
I find Eren to be a monster. I do not blame him for desiring peace, and I agree that the end of all the rest of human kind would stop hate... but only temporarily.

There is a philosophy I go by, always keep something to hate. If all that remains is that of which you love... you will eventually grow to hate it. And it's not because you want to hate it, people need something to hate. We will always hate something. So he wouldn't be able to remove it

Another thing as well... he didn't even attempt other measures to prevent the blood of innocents and good people from being spilled. He went straight to murder. He became no better than those that destroyed the wall at the beginning
Apr 18, 2023 1:38 AM

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
Well, that really depends on if you're a man or a woman.

whats gender got to to do with morality of killing? like you mean men are more violent by nature?
Apr 18, 2023 1:39 AM
Jan 2021
I don't think anyone in attack on titan good or bad or evil or righteous eveyone did what they thought was right form their own perspective
some regretted their actions some didn't
As viewer we can judge them but i don't think we can be right with our judgement since we all have some what of a bias towards some characters.
Apr 18, 2023 1:40 AM

Oct 2013
Only people with severe brain damage or a toddler will ask wether eren is evil or not.
Apr 18, 2023 1:52 AM

Jan 2009
Yozace said:
Another thing as well... he didn't even attempt other measures to prevent the blood of innocents and good people from being spilled. He went straight to murder. He became no better than those that destroyed the wall at the beginning

violence is the only answer to Eren even Armin knows that
Apr 18, 2023 1:53 AM
Jul 2022
deg said:
Yozace said:

violence is the only answer to Eren even Armin knows that

So he's just a monster by nature then. Even more so than everyone else
Apr 18, 2023 1:54 AM
Apr 2022
I consider Gabi a evil character
Apr 18, 2023 1:58 AM
Jul 2021
No at his heart, he isn't an evil person. He was just a teenager who went about doing things the wrong way. He had good intentions, but his methods/actions were morally unjustified.
Apr 18, 2023 2:07 AM
Jul 2021
samiul5581 said:
I don't think anyone in attack on titan good or bad or evil or righteous eveyone did what they thought was right form their own perspective
some regretted their actions some didn't
As viewer we can judge them but i don't think we can be right with our judgement since we all have some what of a bias towards some characters.

Couldn't have said it any better tbh
Apr 18, 2023 2:11 AM
Oct 2022
handdog said:
I consider Gabi a evil character

You know what’s up
Apr 18, 2023 3:00 AM
Oct 2019
he is evil by our modern standard but that don't mean he is actually evil. he is the result and the equation of his environment and have the power to change it. in a way he act similar as Johan Liebert with how much power they hold can easily affect their environment. the difference lie that Johan is fleshed by his counterpart in his story while Eren we see his viewpoint as he is the MC. Of the two I think Johan Liebert is a better approach to handle that type of characters since it's sound less melo dramatic and more an actual goal and doing everything to get there while retaining less stereotypical aspects.
Apr 18, 2023 3:13 AM
May 2022
no, he is just dumb
Apr 18, 2023 3:27 AM

Feb 2023
I don't view him as a fully evil person, nor do I think he is a hero of some sort. I just view him as a person, doing bad actions to further his own personal motives. You see many 'evil' people who genuinely believe the actions they are doing are justified by the ends. This doesn't excuse their actions, and that doesn't mean one should turn a blind eye to the destruction they're causing. But you have to understand that these actions are not done for absolutely no reason, but instead done for a greater cause. The cause can be supported, not the action. I see where Eren is coming from but no one can excuse the fact he is planning to destroy the entire human race apart from the Eldians on Paradis. However, you have followed Eren's journey for three seasons, so you can see where he's coming from; doesn't mean he's good or bad.
Apr 18, 2023 4:45 AM
Feb 2021
Genocide is evil by definition, so yeah.
Apr 18, 2023 5:12 AM
Aug 2020
MMDDUDE said:

I consider you to be sewage
Apr 18, 2023 5:17 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, I think he is.
Apr 18, 2023 6:13 AM
Aug 2021
Did you even watch the effin show?
Apr 18, 2023 7:10 AM
May 2020
“Evil” is kind of a terrible way to conceptualize real people, it serves as an easy way to detach someone’s actions from their humanity.

Eren feels human enough that it’s difficult to write him off in that way. If we view his actions from a detached, consequentialist perspective, then yes, he’s evil. But when you follow his story from the start you don’t view him as such.

So, by virtue of nobody being evil, Eren is not evil.
onespankmanApr 18, 2023 7:16 AM
Apr 18, 2023 7:49 AM
Jul 2022
it really comes to perspective. If we look at it through the vision of world, then he is evil. But if look through the vision of Paradise, then yeah he is a god.
Apr 18, 2023 8:18 AM
Aug 2022
nah i still think hes innocent
Apr 18, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2019
From a utilitarian persepective he's evil, he genocides billions to save maybe 100 million people on the island.

But the story also implies that Eren has no free will, so is anyone truly responsible for their actions?

Apr 18, 2023 8:42 AM
Aug 2022
how the hell can anyone sat that he's not evil 💀
Apr 18, 2023 9:16 AM

May 2021
TheMenaceOfEldia said:
MMDDUDE said:

I consider you to be out of your father's life.
Apr 18, 2023 9:43 AM
Jun 2021
it purely depends on how you view the rumbling and the build up to it. that’s one of the best things about his character imo
Apr 18, 2023 9:48 AM
May 2020
Lolpap said:
onespankman said:
“Evil” is kind of a terrible way to conceptualize real people, it serves as an easy way to detach someone’s actions from their humanity.

Eren feels human enough that it’s difficult to write him off in that way. If we view his actions from a detached, consequentialist perspective, then yes, he’s evil. But when you follow his story from the start you don’t view him as such.

So, by virtue of nobody being evil, Eren is not evil.

Such bullshit rationalization, you can't seperate a person's actions from their character. And Eren is not even a real person to begin with.
What are you even talking about? I'm explaining why people don't view Eren as evil even though he does things we all acknowledge are horrible. My point is simply that it's harder to write someone off as "evil" or a "monster" when you understand that person as a human being and not just an evil force.

"Evil" does not exist in reality but does exist in stories. I'm saying that AOT does a good enough job at portraying its characters as humans that the audience does not understand Eren as simply "evil" even when he does obviously monstrous things. 

This is not a "rationalization" of Eren's actions, I'm not arguing that what he does is okay or reasonable because he had a tough upbringing or whatever. I'm saying that what he does makes sense to the viewer in a way that doesn't allow us to think of him as simply "evil".
Apr 18, 2023 10:11 AM
May 2020
Lolpap said:
onespankman said:
What are you even talking about? I'm explaining why people don't view Eren as evil even though he does things we all acknowledge are horrible. My point is simply that it's harder to write someone off as "evil" or a "monster" when you understand that person as a human being and not just an evil force.

"Evil" does not exist in reality but does exist in stories. I'm saying that AOT does a good enough job at portraying its characters as humans that the audience does not understand Eren as simply "evil" even when he does obviously monstrous things. 

This is not a "rationalization" of Eren's actions, I'm not arguing that what he does is okay or reasonable because he had a tough upbringing or whatever. I'm saying that what he does makes sense to the viewer in a way that doesn't allow us to think of him as simply "evil".

You are still continuing the bullshit rationalizatiın I see. And evil very much exists in real life, so does good.

Some more reading for you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanism

Not wasting any more time on this since you don’t even understand what I’m saying and don’t want to understand.
Apr 18, 2023 10:41 AM
Mar 2023
onespankman said:

Eren Yeager is slave to his own inherent nature
Eren Yeager is slave to his inner nature and his desires
Eren Yeager is slave to the idea of freedom which is Armin's Book.

Conformity!!
Apr 18, 2023 11:39 AM
Jul 2020
KyTy said:
Enri_eu said:

He is not an evil character, it's been shown many times that everything he does is to protect his friends and its just the way he goes about doing this can be considered evil from a third-person perspective. His motives haven't changed since the start of the show, only the methods have.

I mean, hitlers perspective was the same. All he was doing was protecting the purity of the German race and removing what he considered was a threat. Isn't that the same thing?
Apr 18, 2023 11:48 AM
Nov 2022
Lord_Volt said:
KyTy said:

He is not an evil character, it's been shown many times that everything he does is to protect his friends and its just the way he goes about doing this can be considered evil from a third-person perspective. His motives haven't changed since the start of the show, only the methods have.

I mean, hitlers perspective was the same. All he was doing was protecting the purity of the German race and removing what he considered was a threat. Isn't that the same thing?

I think you should ask the user MahatmaGandhi for his opinion on that.
Apr 18, 2023 12:11 PM
Aug 2020
MMDDUDE said:
TheMenaceOfEldia said:

You're right my dad's dead next?
Apr 18, 2023 12:26 PM
Apr 2023
I mean he's doing it because of his friends and his mom died in front of him because of marlians so what do you expect from him. although killing soo much people uhh he's right and also wrong at the same time.
Apr 18, 2023 1:10 PM
Oct 2008
Enri_eu said:

Bro no! Why would you think like that?!
Apr 18, 2023 4:26 PM
May 2021
MMDDUDE said:

bros tripping horrendously
Apr 18, 2023 8:53 PM

May 2021
JoN- said:
MMDDUDE said:

bros tripping horrendously

i meant morally not evil nor good.... didn't you even read the topic bozo💀💀
Apr 18, 2023 8:56 PM

Jan 2021
Yes. character limit
Apr 18, 2023 8:58 PM

May 2021
TheMenaceOfEldia said:
MMDDUDE said:

You're right my dad's dead next?

Yeah your lack of father can be seen from your disability to understand what a opinion is.
Apr 19, 2023 12:23 AM
Jan 2021
Probably jus believed he was doing the right thing, but by definition he is evil
Apr 19, 2023 12:45 AM
Sep 2021
I’ll put it in perspective of what Eren has done in my eyes as an anime only watcher:

- Kills everyone discriminating against his friends to create a world of peace
- Allows his friends to keep their powers so if he gets stopped by them they will be heroes who will live a peaceful life

Not too bad.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1472 by _akshatts_ »»
4 hours ago

» Hulu steaming

Seiidou - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Freexpock »»
May 20, 1:44 PM

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

11 by ANIk_003 »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 12, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.