Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 28, 2023 1:21 PM
Sep 2012
My top two would have to be jobless reincarnation or rezero
Mar 28, 2023 1:22 PM
Aug 2022
FuyuBara said:
Fenrir_01 said:

I disagree with your point of the fan-service in Konosuba, actually when there is a "Fan service" scene, it’s not like other anime where they do it for the fan, because in Konosuba they do it to make fun of the the fact that there is generally so much fan-service in isekai. I mean it is The parody isekai show.

I accept your disagreement. My opinion is an unpopular opinion. I just didn’t enjoy Konosuba, specially when mc keep stealing girl’s pants, that’s why when I think of Konosuba I think of fan-service. It’s favorite anime of many people but but it’s just not my type.

Okay, I can can understand your choice, still do not agree what you are saying, but I know everybody as different taste so I completely understand, very mature way to explain your opinion! I really want to say Bravo! To you, because you didn’t acted like a lot of anime fans do (like the other guy that did 5 post just to say that he hated rezero and that every person that watch it is stupid).
Mar 28, 2023 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
FuyuBara said:
Fenrir_01 said:

I disagree with your point of the fan-service in Konosuba, actually when there is a "Fan service" scene, it’s not like other anime where they do it for the fan, because in Konosuba they do it to make fun of the the fact that there is generally so much fan-service in isekai. I mean it is The parody isekai show.

I accept your disagreement. My opinion is an unpopular opinion. I just didn’t enjoy Konosuba, specially when mc keep stealing girl’s pants, that’s why when I think of Konosuba I think of fan-service. It’s favorite anime of many people but but it’s just not my type.
I love fan service, but I would also disagree, the fan service can be comedic, and it's more self-aware than pandering, but it's still fan service. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 28, 2023 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
Bookworm,
12 kingdoms/ 12 kokuki,
Youjo senki,
now and there here and there,
kumo desu ga nani ka,
mondaiji series,
log horizon,

for the ones that are the most interesting to watch imo. Konosuba, Gate, overlord, mushoku tensei and Slime are okay to watch as well, though not as interesting.
in mediocre you can get lots of stuff like Leadale, familiar of zero, and NGNL for example.
I would stay away particularly from shield hero and Re: Zero.
Mar 28, 2023 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
Levi1108 said:
Fenrir_01 said:

Idk if there is really a romance isekai that you would like, because I just saw your account and you seem to be more into classic romance, so unfortunately I don’t think you will really find a romance isekai with no fighting, but I can recommend you some isekai with some romance in it.

That'd be great if you can. I LOVE romance shows.
Oh, another show that aired this season is Tsunlise, which is basically just a fantasy, but there's a connection between two different worlds, so it's sort of isekai adjacent. It's one of the best romance shows I've seen in a while. Disclaimer, the main "heroine" is a tsundere (not the violent kind tho) but the funny/great thing about the series is that the premise is set up in a way that will bypass all the usual tsundere misunderstandings, I'm being vague, but the synopsis would make everything clear.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 28, 2023 1:45 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Watch what you feel like watching. Whether you watch Rezero, Konosuba, SAO, Overlord or Mushouku Tensei... the only thing these animes have in common is that they are isekais otherwise they are very different. Isekai is after all a type of anime and not a bunch of series which are somehow connected.
Mar 28, 2023 1:59 PM

Oct 2021
You like edge? Go watch The eminence in shadow, it's a parody of edge.
Mar 28, 2023 2:09 PM
Nov 2018
Levi1108 said:
So, I realised that there's one genere that I haven't watched a single Anime of. And it's the most popular one, Isekai. Idk why, but whenever I hear about Isekai, I just don't feel interested. I just seriously dk why it is like this. But I really do wanna watch one.

So, I've heard about a lot of Isekai series. But recently Mushouku Tensei has really caught my attention. And it's also really praised my many. So I'm thinking of giving it a try. But personally I'm more interested in Konosuba. Konosuba just looks like a really fun and chill series. But I might be wrong. I'm just completely guessing this by looks.

It'd be great if you can recommend me an great Isekai series which I can enjoy and have fun with. I want a fun and chill type of series without much seriousness or much fights and all.

Thanks.

the first big interesting anime to begin with
is 🥁🥁🥁
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Mar 28, 2023 2:17 PM
Feb 2021
I generally don’t like this genre but the only isekai i have truly liked is re zero
Mar 28, 2023 2:30 PM
Sep 2010
Based on your anime list that you have watched I suggest
Tensura (Reincarnated as a slime)
no game no life
re: creators
mairimashita iruma-kun
ascendance of a bookworm
Mar 28, 2023 3:03 PM
Jul 2021
If you are looking for a good fantasy anime, Mushoku Tensei is one of the best out there. I actually think that if you start watching MT your bar will be very high and you wont enjoy other fantasy anime so you could start with someone more simple.
Mar 28, 2023 3:19 PM
Aug 2014
Konosuba is a parody of the isekei tropes so I’d def not recommend it as your first. Re:Zero is very good and very dark. Very different vibe from most isekei so I’d also save that for after you’ve watched a few and are maybe getting sick of the genre. Mushoku Tensei is pretty park in terms of isekai although it can be quite sus at times. So once again I’d save that cause if that is your first the bar will be too high. Watch shield hero cause it’s pretty mid or slime because it doesn’t do anything special really for your first.
Mar 28, 2023 3:23 PM
Dec 2021
Levi1108 said:
So, I realised that there's one genere that I haven't watched a single Anime of. And it's the most popular one, Isekai. Idk why, but whenever I hear about Isekai, I just don't feel interested. I just seriously dk why it is like this. But I really do wanna watch one.

So, I've heard about a lot of Isekai series. But recently Mushouku Tensei has really caught my attention. And it's also really praised my many. So I'm thinking of giving it a try. But personally I'm more interested in Konosuba. Konosuba just looks like a really fun and chill series. But I might be wrong. I'm just completely guessing this by looks.

It'd be great if you can recommend me an great Isekai series which I can enjoy and have fun with. I want a fun and chill type of series without much seriousness or much fights and all.

Thanks.

if ur looking for something chill campfire cooking is great, comedy i would recommend konosuba or eminence in shadow (they aint exactly chill), but in terms of being a heavy and deep story its gotta be mushoku or rezero. they are easily the best isekai in terms of quality, story structure and world building. i would recommend mushoku but its a bit much for a first isekai as it deals with many themes that are heavy and perverse, but it does it so well, not to mention its steallar animation quality.
Mar 28, 2023 3:39 PM
Jul 2022
LostSpectre said:
Levi1108 said:

Oh, another show that aired this season is Tsunlise, which is basically just a fantasy, but there's a connection between two different worlds, so it's sort of isekai adjacent. It's one of the best romance shows I've seen in a while. Disclaimer, the main "heroine" is a tsundere (not the violent kind tho) but the funny/great thing about the series is that the premise is set up in a way that will bypass all the usual tsundere misunderstandings, I'm being vague, but the synopsis would make everything clear.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Mar 28, 2023 4:35 PM
Nov 2017
Sebastian343 said:
1-Re:zero
2-youjo senki
3-tensura
4-konosuba
5-overlord
6-the rising of shield hero
7-Gate

Re zero is absolutely horrible and insanely boring. its budget steins gate
Mar 28, 2023 4:57 PM

Jun 2021
xKazami said:
Sebastian343 said:
1-Re:zero
2-youjo senki
3-tensura
4-konosuba
5-overlord
6-the rising of shield hero
7-Gate

bro your favorite character is from budget monogatari
Mar 28, 2023 5:04 PM
Jun 2020
Both Mushoku Tensei and KonoSuba are good ones. Maybe Mushoku Tensei first, then KonoSuba, so you can understand the jokes in KonoSuba that are references to Mushoku.
Mar 28, 2023 5:20 PM

Jun 2021
Basically, here's what I'd recommend. My first recommendation would be re:zero because i'm biased as fuck and it's my all time favorite, but it's not good as someone's first isekai, because it's really polarizing, you can already see from the replies that you either love it or fucking hate it, some bozo in the comments has already replied to every single comment mentioning it telling them it's dogshit, so even though there's a good chance you'll really like it, it's not a good recommendation because there's a good chance it could turn you off from the genre if you don't like it. My second would be konosuba, probably my second favorite isekai, but as a couple people have mentioned, it's a parody of the genre so it's generally better if you watch it after you've already seen a few. Feel free to watch it first if it caught your eye though, I literally watched it as my very first anime in general and i still liked it a lot. Mushoku is definitely NOT what I would recommend, not because it's bad but because it's even more controversial/polarizing than re:zero, because of the main character. After that, just generally the same things other people have mentioned. That time i got reincarnated as a slime is pretty good, it's inoffensive, not totally generic, pretty enjoyable, it's not as gimmicky as other popular isekai are, but still a good reflection of most of the good parts of the genre without having much of the bad parts. It's just all around the best recommendation I would say. Overlord is really popular and a lot of people like that one but I think it's shit so I wouldn't personally recommend it, but if you think it sounds good then go for it I guess. Shield hero is honestly pretty good for the first 5 or so episodes but after that it's really mid, i wouldn't recommend that one. No game no life is kinda fun but it's also pretty weird, feel free to watch it if you want though. Eminence in shadow just finished airing, I'm only 5 episodes in but it's funny as fuck, definitely recommend, but I'd watch a couple shows before it though. Youjo Senki is kinda niche, not a typical isekai at all, so I wouldn't recommend it. Read the novels if you think it sounds good though, I've heard they're much better than the show, which was only decent. Those are most of the popular ones, I'd mainly recommend slime the most, but if you think you'll like it, re:zero is by far the best in my opinion and it isn't even close. But above all, just chose what sounds most interesting to you, don't listen to a bunch of idiots like us trying to tell you what to watch based on our own personal tastes.
Mar 28, 2023 5:57 PM
Sep 2020
rohan121 said:
My choices would be 
The Familiar of Zero
The isekai with the wrestler

Greatest underrated anime of all time
Mar 28, 2023 6:04 PM

Jul 2021
While IMO Mushoku Tensei is a good anime, it is the subject of much controversy as the main character is a pedophile (and it's also worth noting that the series contains sex, both implied and explicit through scenes (no genitalia, of course)). While allegedly the point of Mushoku Tensei is to be a story of redemption (I've only seen what the anime has shown thus far so I cannot say for sure), I don't recommend starting here since that would probably make it harder to watch as a beginner.

Instead, I suggest starting with Re:Zero, TenSura, and KonoSuba in approximately that order or according to your interests. Other considerations include Overlord, Shield Hero, and No Game No Life in (again) approximately that order.
Mar 28, 2023 6:06 PM
Oct 2016
This is easily the best Isekai I’ve ever seen, and I’ve watched quite a few. You’re going to ruin your expectations of Isekai if you watch this first. I HIGHLY recommend you watch it, but you need to realize that any other show labeled “Isekai” isn’t going to give the same punch so to speak.

I’d recommend either watching some trash like the rest of us, or setting your expectations for future series a bit lower because there aren’t many “good” Isekai. KonoSuba is hilarious, but it’s like degen trash humor. Re:Zero is pretty good, but it’s missing the spark that Mushoku Tensei has. The world-building, power system, and character growth of Mushoku Tensei just makes it so much better than any other Isekai I’ve seen, and I’ve heard plenty of people say similar.

Best of luck in the Isekai world, there’s a couple of gems but a lot of the anime is certified garbage (and I eat that shit up because I’m a trash goblin and it’s entertaining)
Mar 28, 2023 6:15 PM
Nov 2020
Mushoku Tensei really put the meaning “isekai in another world to start a new life”. The premise is basically an incel weeb got a 2nd chane to relive the life he has wasted. It’s a great series but it shouldn’t be your first one because it could lead in 2 ways

1. You can’t stand the protagonist being a creepy pervert that love to sniff panty and later on touch underage girls (even though they’re on his age in this world)

2. You can go through those first horrible first impression but later on enjoying it character development and understanding what is the true meaning of “isekai” but the standard is too high because 99% of this genre is dogshit hot garabage. Even some of the famous one like Shield Hero and SAO fell off like an old man going downstair

So I would say start of with something more fun and dump (sometimes drama) like Overlord, Shield Hero ss1 only, Re Zero, The Saga of Tanya of the evil, Gate…

But if you are looking for a fun adventure, wholesome and chill, watch Konosuba, Gate and Bofuri (the best video games TV show of all time)
Mar 28, 2023 6:26 PM
Apr 2022
Levi1108 said:

Thanks.
Well it depends, do you want the most immersive and beautiful isekai ever with a story about a man who was given a second chance, or do you want a show about a bunch of dumbasses goofing off in an isekai setting. Neither is the wrong choice but I will say, Konosuba is a parody of the genre and doesn’t work super well if you don’t know the tropes. I’d say out of the two, MT is 100% a better starting point
Mar 28, 2023 6:32 PM
Apr 2022
Levi1108 said:
FuyuBara said:
Mushoku Tensei is a great and unique isekai anime/light novel that changed isekai manga’s world and inspired other isekai manga as well. This anime is great, but I will not recommend this to you as the first anime because
1. it’s a bit serious (not much) and long story line
2. I think you should watch typical/mainstream isekai first, then you will know you like isekai or not.
Like other genres, there many types of isekai such as isekai action, isekai romance, isekai food, ect.

I would recommend you these for the first/second isekai anime to watch
- Honzuki no Gekokujou
- Tensei shirata Slime datte Ken (funny, not that serious, great story, not much fight, **really recommend)
- Tondemo skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi (super chill food decent component of isekai)
- BOFURI (super chill and overpowered mc, funny)
- Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute

PS These are not my top 5 isekai list or anything (well some are my fav). I just trued to pick ‘less fighting and chilling’ isekai for you.

I personally don’t like fan-service in Konosuba, it’s too much and not funny for me, sorry.

Now that you say it, can you tell me some Romance Isekai without much action or fights. If there is one.
Hmm, if you want that… Devil is a part timer may be good, although it’s not set in an isekai world, it’s about the devil who comes to our world and has to adjust to life. The action is minimum and it’s mostly pretty chill. Also has some romance development
Mar 28, 2023 6:37 PM
Apr 2022
LostSpectre said:
Levi1108 said:

Ok but why would you recommend such a weak show to be the starting point for someone. Tsunlise was at best am alright seasonal isekai. But literally I can name like 50 better starting isekais of the top of my head
Mar 28, 2023 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
Rimusimp said:
LostSpectre said:
Ok but why would you recommend such a weak show to be the starting point for someone. Tsunlise was at best am alright seasonal isekai. But literally I can name like 50 better starting isekais of the top of my head
It's not even an isekai, nor is it a starting recommendation, hence "another show" and look at what comment I specifically replied to. 

In conclusion, try reading next time.
Mar 28, 2023 7:13 PM
Dec 2021
Levi1108 said:

Thanks.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level is underrated
Mar 28, 2023 7:14 PM
Dec 2021
WVM said:
Levi1108 said:

Thanks.

ofc RE ZERO or KONOSUBA......is the best suited for first ISEKAI ANIME

don't ruin your first ISEKAI by watching MUSHOKU TENSEI

Hey, Mushoku Tensei is PEAK
Mar 28, 2023 7:25 PM
Apr 2022
try black tar heroin it brings you in a world where evrybody loves you and you feel soooo good
Mar 28, 2023 7:28 PM
Nov 2017
mohamedo_abuduru said:
xKazami said:

bro your favorite character is from budget monogatari

i cba talking with people that have subaru as their favourite character + 5.62 mean score
Mar 28, 2023 7:31 PM
Jun 2021
This is a great first isekai because it was the first to do many isekai tropes that are now common
Mar 28, 2023 7:57 PM
Oct 2022
Re:Zero, Mushoku Tensei, Overlord, Shield Hero, Reincarnated Slime are all great Isekai (log horizon too), but OP stated they're looking for not too serious and not much fights!! Don't start with any of those! Ascendance of a Bookworm won't have much fighting, and Konosuba definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. Try those first.

Most Isekai end up in fantasy settings with either sword and shield era fighting or magic or video game logic so they often have those type of conflicts and stakes like war between countries or humanity versus demon lords. To get something with less fighting you usually have to find one focused on surviving in the world through other means. Economics like becoming a pharmacist, or using your future knowledge to better the world. Or just taking it easy and farming or something. Fewer of those get rated by more hardcore Isekai fans as their favorites, but they might be exactly what OP is into.

*Slime 300 was too laid back for my liking and felt like it didn't go anywhere, but might also feel like a good pace for OP.
LucenProjectMar 28, 2023 8:00 PM
Mar 28, 2023 8:15 PM
Mar 2023
Levi1108 said:
EggoGBones said:
I'll give you my top five:
-Re Zero
-Jobless Reincarnation
-Overlord
-Konosuba
-Ascendance of a Bookworm

I definitely recommend also watching Reincarnated as a slime as well. Most isekais are trash but there are some great stuff if you look

Oh yeah, Reincarnated as a slime. I'm interested in that one too. Cuz by the looks of it, it looks like Konosuba. Ofc not as a story but just as a chill and fun one. But again, I could be wrong.

Slime is great and chill. There are definitely serious moments, but it doesn’t take it self to seriously. Personally I’m not the biggest fan of Konosuba, but it wasn’t bad. Based off you not wanting seriousness though, I think those are your best bet. A lot of the recommendations here are super serious. Def. Don’t watch Re:Zero. It’s pretty heavy from jump. The first season was great though.
Mar 28, 2023 8:26 PM
Sep 2021
I love it but just know this MC is a special case. They really made him into a mega perv so idk how you feel abt that. Also I’m not tryna start an argument or anything maybe I don’t quite get how it works but the fact he was an older guy and does some of the stuff he does, he might just be a pedo too??? But then again he was reborn as a kid so he might not?? Someone intelligent please help me understand what the right take on that is. but yah just know he’s Pervy af and Ik for some it makes it less enjoyable but it’s still worth the watch bc past that it’s a beautiful show, animation and story.
Mar 28, 2023 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
DurteDan80 said:
I love it but just know this MC is a special case. They really made him into a mega perv so idk how you feel abt that. Also I’m not tryna start an argument or anything maybe I don’t quite get how it works but the fact he was an older guy and does some of the stuff he does, he might just be a pedo too??? But then again he was reborn as a kid so he might not?? Someone intelligent please help me understand what the right take on that is. but yah just know he’s Pervy af and Ik for some it makes it less enjoyable but it’s still worth the watch bc past that it’s a beautiful show, animation and story.
The right take is that you shouldn't take any of the "pedo" stuff seriously. There isn't a realistic interpretation that works here, because all these pervy scenes are just fan service. It isn't supposed to reflect on Rudeus or his actions in any significant way. His "redemption" has nothing to do with these themes, it's purely based on the trauma he suffered, and how he shut himself off from people, and the outside world. Personally I find most of these types of scenes to be rather tone deaf, and detrimental to the narrative, and I love fan service.
Mar 28, 2023 8:57 PM
Dec 2017
magic knight rayearth

Mar 28, 2023 9:03 PM
Jun 2022
Mushoku tensei is great. Great timing too as S2 starts July.
Re:Zero and Tensura are other highly recommended shows ( I am yet to see both buy can assure both are great).
You can leave out SAO even if people say its masterpiece. It is garbage.
1 problem though, after watching these, you might not like the more common generic isekai shit.
Though many isekai are really good watch these 3 are top. SAO shit. Please. Watch it later. Not missing out on much other than garbage writing, plot etc.
Mar 28, 2023 9:07 PM

Jan 2013
LucenProject said:
Re:Zero, Mushoku Tensei, Overlord, Shield Hero, Reincarnated Slime are all great Isekai (log horizon too), but OP stated they're looking for not too serious and not much fights!! Don't start with any of those! Ascendance of a Bookworm won't have much fighting, and Konosuba definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. Try those first.
I guess that's why reading is important, I wouldn't have expected those requirements. Half the thread recommended Re:Zero too. lol
Mar 28, 2023 9:36 PM

Jan 2022
WVM said:
Levi1108 said:

Thanks.

ofc RE ZERO or KONOSUBA......is the best suited for first ISEKAI ANIME

don't ruin your first ISEKAI by watching MUSHOKU TENSEI

ofcourse he can start with mushoku tensei it's not the worst starter, ik there are re:zero and many other isekai but still it isn't worse.
Mar 28, 2023 9:50 PM

Aug 2022
Levi1108 said:

Thanks.

if you're more into slice of life kind of shows watch konosuba. if you like more action packed series watch mushoku tensei then re zero. these two shows are in another level and they are not much similar.
Mar 28, 2023 9:52 PM

Aug 2022
Levi1108 said:
JazzyLovesAhri said:
if you arent a fan of seriousness and fights, I would start with konosuba..
mushoku tensei gets serious..

It's not that I don't like seriousness and action. But most of the Isekai thumbnails/covers look so chill and fun. And now they're in my head and because of that Currently I'm in the mood to watch something less serious and more fun.

go watch konosuba then. it's just dumb fun but be careful. it's a isekai parody and messes with some thropes of isekai but as my first show, I am sure you will get a idea of the genre.
dicloflomMar 28, 2023 9:56 PM
Mar 28, 2023 9:56 PM
Dec 2020
Levi1108 said:
LostSpectre said:
I shouldn't have had to scroll this far to find this comment, Konosuba would be wasted as a first isekai, you need 
Seriously, how does this make any sense when Konosuba is a parody of the standard isekai formula?

How about Reincarnated as a slime then?

Slime would be a solid starter isekai in my opinion, it is chill and fun and serious at times.
Mar 28, 2023 9:56 PM
May 2022
definitely start with Re: zero
it's a must
Mar 28, 2023 10:10 PM

Oct 2021
Konosuba should be your first isekai. Your second and third isekai can be either TenSura or Re:Zero. Save the best (Mushoku Tensei) for later.
Mar 28, 2023 11:14 PM
Dec 2022
don't spoil yourself with mushoku tensei, other isekai will pale in comparison, konosuba isn't a bad start
Mar 28, 2023 11:22 PM
Jul 2022
DurteDan80 said:

I've actually seen like the first 10 mins of the show. And tbh it doesn't really bother me at all. Actually something in Anime hardly ever bothers me.
Mar 29, 2023 12:36 AM
Dec 2021
if you watch this first itll be so good that every following isekai will look like mediocre crap
Mar 29, 2023 1:52 AM
Nov 2022
Re:zero is a great one so is overlord, konosuba, anything that is in the isekai quartet series cautious hero etc.
Stuff like konosuba and re:zero are a parody of other isekai’s tho. Get familiar with other isekai’s first. I’ll say your missing out on some amazingly good shows.
Mar 29, 2023 2:12 AM
Jul 2022
my first isekai was sword art online (biggest mistake of my life).
Mar 29, 2023 2:31 AM
Jan 2022
Mushoku Tensei is more to Drama. While Konosuba is more on Comedy.

If you want comedy Isekai without having the MC reincarnated to other world I would recommend Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by PEEWEEjames »»
May 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.