Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2023 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
giffica said:
Ryan56coal said:

literally L...bleach is better than yu yu.. yuyu has dreadfully pacing...and bleach gas dead full amount if fillers...you can skip fillers which makes bleach much better watch then yu yu...why is there so much hate fir bleach...while there are other overrated anime like naruto...bleach inspired so many new Gen anime..and fullbringerarc and tybw arc gave ichigo so much depth

Bleach is an beat by beat lift of Yuyu Hakusho 🤪🤪🤪

Ichigo is a hollow because Yusuke was a demon. Rukia is Botan. The entire demon realm is where soul society came from. The entire grand reveal of ichigos father is taken from Yusuke's father. Kubo has said and admited this.

What bleach revolutionized was character design which wasn't that much different than Trigun (Kubos main inspo for Zombiepowder) and Jojo (which Kubo also cites).

Listen i used to play these stupid inspired games but just read your mangakas favorite manga brcause often they got it from there, and everyone ripped their plots from Jumps first smash hits, Ashita no Joe and Devilman. not a single plot, beat, character, or element can not be traced to one of those two works. The Aizen reveal is from devilman. The concept of Gotei 13 and Akatsuki both from Devilman. Tournaments are from Joe. Narutos crosscounter is from Joe and Ichigos Bankai is from Devilman. Legacy is complex and resting your series success on ORIGINALITY will instantly lose your any debate. Originality is unoriginal. Akira is considered the greatest manga of all time by virtually every mangaka because the emotion and way he draws faces. Nothing else.

what about villan like aizen an yhwach and there mentality...what about drip and character design....what about ost...what about transformation...aizen reveals were most shocking reveal of its time..even now also...what about sword use in anime...what about heavy inspired jjk and black clover...
Jan 25, 2023 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Cestlavie_ said:
Ryan56coal said:

literally L...bleach is better than yu yu.. yuyu has dreadfully pacing...and bleach gas dead full amount if fillers...you can skip fillers which makes bleach much better watch then yu yu...why is there so much hate fir bleach...while there are other overrated anime like naruto...bleach inspired so many new Gen anime..and fullbringerarc and tybw arc gave ichigo so much depth

The thing about Ichigo it can be summed up to
gets beat up-crys-new power up rinse and repeat

That is basically it every arc, I'm not denying he got a bit of character development or what not during fullbringer arc but other than that , that arc was basically an excuse to give Ichigo back his powers .

Ichigo doesn't just have as much depth as Yuuske

The other main characters like Chad and Orihime don't even get enough screen time at least yyh gives enough screentime to its main cast especially during the dark tournament

yes...I have to agree..I like bleach series more than yu yu...but Yusuke is better protagonist than ichigo....
Jan 25, 2023 8:30 PM
Feb 2020
Ryan56coal said:
giffica said:

Bleach is an beat by beat lift of Yuyu Hakusho 🤪🤪🤪

Ichigo is a hollow because Yusuke was a demon. Rukia is Botan. The entire demon realm is where soul society came from. The entire grand reveal of ichigos father is taken from Yusuke's father. Kubo has said and admited this.

What bleach revolutionized was character design which wasn't that much different than Trigun (Kubos main inspo for Zombiepowder) and Jojo (which Kubo also cites).

Listen i used to play these stupid inspired games but just read your mangakas favorite manga brcause often they got it from there, and everyone ripped their plots from Jumps first smash hits, Ashita no Joe and Devilman. not a single plot, beat, character, or element can not be traced to one of those two works. The Aizen reveal is from devilman. The concept of Gotei 13 and Akatsuki both from Devilman. Tournaments are from Joe. Narutos crosscounter is from Joe and Ichigos Bankai is from Devilman. Legacy is complex and resting your series success on ORIGINALITY will instantly lose your any debate. Originality is unoriginal. Akira is considered the greatest manga of all time by virtually every mangaka because the emotion and way he draws faces. Nothing else.

what about villan like aizen an yhwach and there mentality...what about drip and character design....what about ost...what about transformation...aizen reveals were most shocking reveal of its time..even now also...what about sword use in anime...what about heavy inspired jjk and black clover...

Aizen reveal is in Devilman it wasn't shocking.

Let me help you. you can check my list i think bleach is a 10/10 so im not saying this to degrade bleach, just to be clear why its a masterpiece. Bleachs build and pacing and framing into and leading up to the Aizen arc is one of the most genius arcs in the history of manga. Its not WHAT HAPPENED its HOW KUBO SHOWED IT. Get it now man? And this js true for all manga. Great manga are made by how they show things. Most stories are the same story retold and reused. All this stuff existed in the 70s in Go Nagai manga and various New Wave Sci-fi artists that pioneered modern Shonen combat. The concept of Aura was first used by Nagai in the 70s, psychic powers, demons, hero's becoming kr revealing as demons, these are THE HALLMARKS OF NAGAI. The entire vizard thing was done by nagai. Violence Jack is the center of most Shonen today which Tetsuo Hara states is where they got the concept for Fist of the North Star and it's entire post apocolyptic hyper violent world. Fist of the North star combat is where JoJo got Hamon, then Stands. Combining these influences you get Bleach eventually.

Man its so deep. The entire Hxh york new city arc js from Susano'o. There are ninja robot manga by Nagai from 72. Just read Devilman and Ashita No Joe before worrying about originality. Focus on framing, style, emotion, and panels.
Jan 25, 2023 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
giffica said:
Ryan56coal said:

Let me help you. you can check my list i think bleach is a 10/10 so im not saying this to degrade bleach, just to be clear why its a masterpiece. Bleachs build and pacing and framing into and leading up to the Aizen arc is one of the most genius arcs in the history of manga. Its not WHAT HAPPENED its HOW KUBO SHOWED IT. Get it now man? And this js true for all manga. Great manga are made by how they show things. Most stories are the same story retold and reused. All this stuff existed in the 70s in Go Nagai manga and various New Wave Sci-fi artists that pioneered modern Shonen combat. The concept of Aura was first used by Nagai in the 70s, psychic powers, demons, hero's becoming kr revealing as demons, these are THE HALLMARKS OF NAGAI. The entire vizard thing was done by nagai. Violence Jack is the center of most Shonen today which Tetsuo Hara states is where they got the concept for Fist of the North Star and it's entire post apocolyptic hyper violent world. Fist of the North star combat is where JoJo got Hamon, then Stands. Combining these influences you get Bleach eventually.

Man its so deep. The entire Hxh york new city arc js from Susano'o. There are ninja robot manga by Nagai from 72. Just read Devilman and Ashita No Joe before worrying about originality. Focus on framing, style, emotion, and panels.

oh...okay...can you give me some anime recommendations related to these topic...
Jan 25, 2023 8:44 PM
Feb 2020
Ryan56coal said:
giffica said:

oh...okay...can you give me some anime recommendations related to these topic...

Friend me and I'll check your list. Just based on Berserk, you are already going to enjoy lol Most Berserk fans know Miura was an assistant to Tetsuo Hara of Fist of the North Star. But both Hara and Miura cite Nagais Violence Jack for their world building, and brutality. The entire rape scene with Guts is lifted again from Nagai works where it happens 7 or 8 times major characters get raped lmao I didn't get shocked by that scene in berserk for example i saw it coming.

Now, i wouldn't recomend Violence Jack cause its a complex manga to start. Its actually written over multiple years and decades, and it uses every character from his other works in the series, sort of like JoJo Steel Ball Run (which is where araki got the idea too lol) So you want to read the original works first. Mainly though Devilman is what matters. There are 5 volumes too so its not long. That's the first major recomendation. Devilman.

Next, read Ashita No Joes 21 volumes. Nearly every manga has fight choreography ripped from the pages of Joe.

Anime wise tough to recomend ashita since its older. Devilman original anime is VERY different from tbe manga, and was made for kids. When kids read the manga it scarred them for life and mothers patitioned the government to ban his works. However, i hear the new Devilman Crybaby is a fantastic anime, but i havent seen it personally.

I would first and foremost recomend Akira since its the greatest manga ever made. After you do, you'll have enough context to read Trigun which is soft inspired by Akira. Trigun inspired Bleach.

You can watch Akira, its only 1 movie. Watch Trigun after, 26 episodes. Classic anime, inspired Cowboy Bebop as well. In english, Ichigos voice actor, Johnny Yong Bosch, is actually in both 🤣 He is Kaneda in Akira and Vash in Trigun. The 2 main leads. Arguably he gets his role as ichigos due to those 2 anime.

For more suggestions id need to see what you like, or have watched already. Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Slam Dunk, Monster if you haven't. all classics. Anything done by Studios who did anime you like. Bleach and Pierrot comes to mind. Pierrot is my favorite studio and has 10+ classics.
Jan 25, 2023 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
giffica said:
Ryan56coal said:

Friend me and I'll check your list. Just based on Berserk, you are already going to enjoy lol Most Berserk fans know Miura was an assistant to Tetsuo Hara of Fist of the North Star. But both Hara and Miura cite Nagais Violence Jack for their world building, and brutality. The entire rape scene with Guts is lifted again from Nagai works where it happens 7 or 8 times major characters get raped lmao I didn't get shocked by that scene in berserk for example i saw it coming.

Now, i wouldn't recomend Violence Jack cause its a complex manga to start. Its actually written over multiple years and decades, and it uses every character from his other works in the series, sort of like JoJo Steel Ball Run (which is where araki got the idea too lol) So you want to read the original works first. Mainly though Devilman is what matters. There are 5 volumes too so its not long. That's the first major recomendation. Devilman.

Next, read Ashita No Joes 21 volumes. Nearly every manga has fight choreography ripped from the pages of Joe.

Anime wise tough to recomend ashita since its older. Devilman original anime is VERY different from tbe manga, and was made for kids. When kids read the manga it scarred them for life and mothers patitioned the government to ban his works. However, i hear the new Devilman Crybaby is a fantastic anime, but i havent seen it personally.

I would first and foremost recomend Akira since its the greatest manga ever made. After you do, you'll have enough context to read Trigun which is soft inspired by Akira. Trigun inspired Bleach.

You can watch Akira, its only 1 movie. Watch Trigun after, 26 episodes. Classic anime, inspired Cowboy Bebop as well. In english, Ichigos voice actor, Johnny Yong Bosch, is actually in both 🤣 He is Kaneda in Akira and Vash in Trigun. The 2 main leads. Arguably he gets his role as ichigos due to those 2 anime.

For more suggestions id need to see what you like, or have watched already. Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Slam Dunk, Monster if you haven't. all classics. Anything done by Studios who did anime you like. Bleach and Pierrot comes to mind. Pierrot is my favorite studio and has 10+ classics.

damn...you have lot of anime knowledge...thanks for the recommendation
Jan 25, 2023 8:50 PM
Feb 2020
Ryan56coal said:
giffica said:

damn...you have lot of anime knowledge...thanks for the recommendation

I hope to one day pioneer an anime/manga education course so it's a requirement. Hope you enjoy something.

Also Gundam is good but i wont ruin you yet.
Jan 26, 2023 12:25 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, this and other similar threads' comments never cease to amaze me with the amount of entertainment you can get from random people on the internet bickering over the craziest things. Absolutely wild.

Just to put in my two-sense, I'm a 90's kid who never watched YYH growing up and didn't see it until a few years ago (mid 2010s). The animation isn't great, but it's definitely one of the best Shounen stories I've ever had the pleasure of being told.
Jan 26, 2023 5:13 AM
Jun 2017
How do I delete someone else’s post?
Jan 26, 2023 9:49 AM

Feb 2016
My favorite episodes are the earliest ones in which the protagonist is dead. I don't see how this series could have ever been considered groundbreaking. Dragon Ball and Jojo were both well underway before Togashi even picked up his pen.
その目だれの目?
Jan 26, 2023 11:56 AM

Nov 2017
The first 4 episodes are still golden, I don't know about the 100s shounen episodes stuck to it though.
Jan 26, 2023 10:32 PM
Jan 2022
SaMMy17BST said:
giffica said:

Bingo this commnet is correct. Yusuke is the most interesting shonen protagonist in manga. Bar none. He is a delinquent with a prostitute mother, no father, a very few if any real friends other than Keiko. His best friend Kuwabara used to bully him and get into fights. No Shonen protagonist has stronger motivations and characterizations. Unlike other protagonists Yusuke, despite his background, is actually human. Unlike Naruto. Unlike Goku. Unlike Jojos. Unlike Kenshin.

Disliking Yusuke means you dont enjoy humanity.

This is quite a generalization to make lol. "If you don't like Yusuke, you don't like humanity"

By the way, he's only half human, you know he's half demon right? He's just as much a superhero with special powers as any other shonen protagonist you mentioned.

Are you referring to Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin? Because he is a straight up human lol, there is no supernatural shenanigans going on in Rurouni Kenshin, it's as grounded and realistic as a shonen anime can be.

Yusuke doesn't have access to any demonic power until like 3/4 of the way through the series. Before that, he replies entirely on his spirit energy and what he gains from other through his hard work and merit. Even after he has access to his demon powers, he has the unique quality that he cares deeply about humanity and about his path forward in his human life, hence why he does what he does in the very last episode (I know the anime is older than I am but that doesn't mean I HAVE to spoil it).
Jan 26, 2023 10:38 PM
Jan 2022
SoldierDream said:
The only reason to recommend Yu Yu Hakusho to anyone is for cultural purposes: to have a better understanding of the evolution of the action shounen genre, since it was one of its cornerstones that helped in defining what the genre is today.

Because beyond that, for actual entertainment, watching-experience ones, there's not much actual basis for, when it's up there as one of the least engaging, least satisfying and least fulfilling major fighting shounen anime of all. It's so lacking on so many fronts and leaves so much to be desired that it's virtually impossible to hold it in higher regard than most of the others, be they predecessors or successors.

It does slightly improve later on during the third arc, but not to such an extent to justify sitting through its entirety. Not to mention the conclusion is nearly an insult to all the time and effort you had invested in the series all the way. So if it isn't working much with you, you'd better off just dropping it and trying something else.

who hurt you and why did that pain manifest itself into bad taste/analysis skills
Jan 30, 2023 4:09 AM
Aug 2016
I don't get people saying "if I fall asleep this is bad". Anyway I get why you are saying so but I totally disagree with the characters rate, they'll may be a little boring especially Yusuke, but I think they have a lot of potential and I really like the aesthetic of the characters, mostly Kurama, Hiei and Botan... A lot of anime are way more boring overall. It's a bit slow and can have dead points but I repeat so many anime has them!!! So why saying it's this bad?
Jan 30, 2023 3:42 PM

Sep 2018
It doesn't get much better, the Dark Tournament was one of the biggest disappointments in anime, especially considering the hype around it. It's most certainly a product of it's time, very linear in it's progression, incredibly one dimensional, the emotional impact it had on me was mediocre, thanks to the predictability, repetitiveness and lack of stakes of the fighting. Comedy was probably only the real great aspect of it. 

Original when it came out, nostalgia and rose tinted glasses has played a huge part in the reception of this anime.

IMO, it's too fighting condensed, probably the purest battle shounen I have seen. I would have liked to have seen a more multifaceted anime, which broke off from the slogging fights every now and then. 

You also have to consider when, in your anime watching journey so to speak, you first watched this show. I had already completed over 1000 anime when I started this, a lot easier to impress a newbie. 
GakutoDeathGlareJan 30, 2023 3:48 PM
Feb 3, 2023 1:13 PM
Oct 2021
Honestly, goofy take lol
Feb 6, 2023 7:58 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Thread locked:

For Breaking Anime Discussion Rule 2.D
Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 71 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 14, 2009

33 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 97 Discussion

Elric88 - May 26, 2010

41 by Flomik »»
Yesterday, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 20 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 18, 2009

28 by oozePOP »»
Sep 17, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 18 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 17, 2009

31 by oozePOP »»
Sep 16, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 16 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 17, 2009

29 by oozePOP »»
Sep 15, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.