Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 2022 9:39 AM

Feb 2021
Watchanime324 said:
I only considers what comes out of Isayama's mouth or written in the manga to be canon.

Yeah let's do that. I also want that.

In the manga, Ymir's confessed her love to Historia in the love letter she sent.

Yeah sure, you have to consider it from the perspective of her eccentric fake persona. But in the AU she also seems to be into her. There is no problem with this part.

Historia described her feelings as

The very fact that you've brought this example proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you either don't have a clue about this series, or about this character.

You brought an example of Historia feeling betrayed as proof of her love for Ymir. You can't deny that it's hilarious

Back in s2 Historia was still in her Christa state, she wanted to die as a hero, die for others, and thought everyone liked her this way, as opposed to her real self. It's shown throughout the season, at utgard castle, with Daz and etc. Ymir was the only person trying to beat that out of her, telling her not to live for others, to live for herself(of course Ymir was actually trying to tell that to herself, but the conversation is not about Ymir right now). So Ymir used that angle and lied her ass off, that if she hands Historia over to the enemy, she will be saved herself, basically telling Historia to die as a hero in order to save her friend. At that specific moment Historia lost the only person who ever told her to be herself and live for herself, and not Christa that lives for others. So she reverted back to her fake martyr self that wanted to die for others. That's why she felt betrayed. While Ymir at that moment(even though she was lying and doing it for Historia), when she saw Historia's face, she was in awe, she adored the Christa, that goddess who lives for others, you can see it on her face, in reality that was her own real self, which is why her last words were "Being a goddess doesn't feel so bad", after she sacrificed herself for RB.
Ymir actually loved her own real self, she was just abused by others for being like that so she was trying to change.
While for Historia her fake persona is her death wish. And at that moment when she lost the only person she thought would accept her real self, she wanted to die, or be abused, or whatever she thought the enemy will do to her.

After which Connie told her that Ymir must have lied to her, and was actually probably going to sacrifice herself, which brought us to:
“Ymir, you are the one who said it so listen to yourself! We need to stop living for others. From now on…Let’s live for ourselves!”

Yeah that's the entire point if their arc, which you clearly missed.
The entirety of Ymir's and Christoria's arc culminated in Ymir making that decision and then Historia making her own decision in the cave. That relationship was from the very first second about the dichotomy of the two archetypes:
1. The good girl Christa, who lives for helping others
2. The selfish and self-centered Ymir, who lives for herself
Naturally, as one could guess, it was actually the reverse, under the guise of Christa Historia hid her selfishness, and under the guise of apathy Ymir hid her true caring self, caring to the extreme.
Think about it, she sacrificed herself for her own cult -> got turned into a titan for 60 years -> and even when she got the 2nd chance in life, what did she do? She overheard a conversation about some vague girl in distress, whose story was in some ways similar to hers, and without knowing anything else, she rushed to help her. Joined the fucking military to help her. She then was ready to sacrifice herself again, at Utgard Castle, trying to protect her friend, and friends in general actually. I am gonna go on and say that at Utgard Castle she wasn't only protecting Christa, but everyone else too. Even when the Historia in Christa awakened, stood on the fucking top of the castle and started screaming at her for being selfless, Ymir still at the end chose to protect everyone, even if it meant her death. And she would die, if the scouts didn't reach her in time. She then made a real with Reiner, the deal entailed that she herself must die, again complete selflessness. And upon finding out that she took the life of another for her second chance, she, at the end choose to save her ex comrades, again sacrificing herself, to help Rainer and Bertholdt because she was even able to sympathize with them.
She was always the true Christa, the all caring goddess. Ymir stayed true to what she always was.

While Historia is an ideologically selfish person, At Utgard castle she didn't care at all that everyone were going to die, instead she was throwing stones at titans and was only upset that she had no equipment to die fighting, die a hero. However when Ymir was about to commit a selfless act and die for her friends, it was elaborated further that selfishness for Historia is not just about her own self, it is her ideology, her view of life - "fight for yourself, humans mustn't die for the ideals of others".
When Ymir choose to sacrifice herself and leave, Historia initially was extremely not acceptive of it. But she then understood that people may not agree with her philosophy in life, that it might be rejective to their spirit, she acknowledged that. But that also made her fall into into depression, because no one would get her

She isn't a bad person, she just wants for people to fight for themselves, after all why were we given self if we aren't supposed to fight for ourselves. The one who saved her from her depression was Eren, who simply and straightforwardly concurred with her, like it's a matter of fact. And not only that, he told her that he likes her real self more than her fake self, something she didn't expect to hear from anyone ever. Right after that she started secretly eyeing Eren, like in the highschool caste, it's not like it's random, and came out of nowhere in au

Now then, the cave scene. Everything came into fruition in that scene, Eren faced the dilemma of ancestral sins while Historia faced with a choice of killing the one person who understood her, the person whose own motto was "Because I was born into this world!". And it is crucial to understand the importance of her words "I won't let you kill me". At the moment, she thought that her father was right, that her killing Eren is the best bet for humanity, humanity's and her father's wish came into conflict with her own wish of not killing Eren, because to her killing him meant her rejecting her own self, her own soul that was kin to him, and embracing the selfless spirit of Karl Fritz, the coward King. That's why when she broke her father's feeble spine the words she spoke were "I won't let you kill me". And then she got angry at Eren, because he for the first time gave up, facing the burden of ancestral sins was something he himself couldn't overcome. That was his lowest point, for the person who is defined by "I was born into this world" to give up on living is his ultimate defeat. She was unhappy with him, because he betrayed his self, the self which Historia liked. For her the decision she made at the time was out of selfishness. But that was the life she was proud of living.
The words she spoke to him that moment virtually spoiled the entire ending act, that's how 1to1 it was. "Screw humanity, they're the problem, let them get wiped out by the titans" - Eren starts doing exactly that. "We're enemies of humanity" - that they become yes. In fact the same problem of ancestral sins is now being faced by the entire nation. And Eren faces the dilemma of selfishness, saving those few who are dear to him by the cost of wiping out the entire world.

it's a very common trope in media where the lesbian character's partner dies and then the next person she gets with is a man and she's suddenly bisexual

She's not bisexual, don't worry. But it's funny that you blame your headcanon not being true on "common tropes" and "homophobia".

This is just insane to me how you're using guidebooks, highschool caste as evidence and completely ignoring the canon material just to fit your narrative

That stuff perfectly fits with the canon. And i have no narrative here, you do, which is why you outright deny the existence of things you do not like. While i'm completely fine discussing everything in its wholity.

Now I've to agree with @b3llamy just say you're homophobic and move on.

Now you see, you've said your piece and that's all you care about. You've already decided on how things are, and you're not gonna hear any other way. Anything about me here is irrelevant.
But what's insane to me, is that you can make a complete headcanon about something, and if anyone presents arguments against your headcanon, then you flatly deny their existence and call the person just hateful.
As if you simply are not allowed to be challenged on the matter. Like b3llamy said:
"also I'm not gonna respond to anything- historia and ymir are canon bye"
You are exactly like him, so no wonders you agree.

Mirai said:
Xilver said:

Of course this was always nothing but delusions by LGBT and LGBT-adjacent people, who simply wanted representation.
But then it got completely debunked by the highshcool caste, which Isayama confirmed is tied to canon, and the characters retain their essential personalities

Historia both doesn't give a shit about Ymir in any romantic way, and has a crush on Eren.

Eren looks like a girl so it's still gay

Eren looks like Frieda so it's incest
XilverApr 7, 2022 8:20 AM
Apr 6, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
every "ship" in aot is utter trash, the romance aspects are written just as bad as in naruto and demon slayer.
Apr 6, 2022 9:45 AM

Feb 2021
I very much prefer that because I hate Mikasa
Apr 6, 2022 10:00 AM
Dec 2020
IDRC you can ship whoever you want, Ship Eren and Sasha for all I care
But in the canon story, Ymir and Historia loved each other 'romantically'

And Eren and

Apr 6, 2022 12:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm not surprised to see that most of the people that voted picked the last option...Unless you actually paid attention during the uprising arc and examine the themes and parallels of both Eren and Historia's characters (As well as what you all saw in the finale), EH as a concept would be alien to you
Apr 6, 2022 4:29 PM
Apr 2020
BrilliantError said:
Haydorwaldor said:
It’s either he chills out and gets with mikasa or he doesn’t and spends his life alone

damn bro u are being so honest
what can I say im a straight to the point kinda guy lmao
Apr 6, 2022 5:06 PM

Dec 2021
avajw112 said:
one of the worst ships hands down.

eren loves mikasa

is that confirmed ?
Apr 6, 2022 9:20 PM
Mar 2022
kushmonatl said:
avajw112 said:
one of the worst ships hands down.

eren loves mikasa

is that confirmed ?
Confirmed for the next 10 years...
Apr 7, 2022 3:38 AM

Dec 2020
Xilver said:
Watchanime324 said:
I only considers what comes out of Isayama's mouth or written in the manga to be canon.

Yeah let's do that. I also want that.

In the manga, Ymir's confessed her love to Historia in the love letter she sent.

Yeah sure, you have to consider it from the perspective of her eccentric fake persona. But in the AU she also seems to be into her. There is no problem with this part.

Historia described her feelings as

The very fact that you've brought this example proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you either don't have a clue about this series, or about this character.

You brought an example of Historia feeling betrayed as proof of her love for Ymir. You can't deny that it's hilarious

Back in s2 Historia was still in her Christa state, she wanted to die as a hero, die for others, and thought everyone liked her this way, as opposed to her real self. It's shown throughout the season, at utgard castle, with Daz and etc. Ymir was the only person trying to beat that out of her, telling her not to live for others, to live for herself(of course Ymir was actually trying to tell that to herself, but the conversation is not about Ymir right now). So Ymir used that angle and lied her ass off, that if she hands Historia over to the enemy, she will be saved herself, basically telling Historia to die as a hero in order to save her friend. At that specific moment Historia lost the only person who ever told her to be herself and live for herself, and not Christa that lives for others. So she reverted back to her fake martyr self that wanted to die for others. That's why she felt betrayed. While Ymir at that moment(even thought she was lying and doing it for Historia), when she saw Historia's face, she was in awe, she adored the Christa, that goddess who lives for others, you can see it on her face, in reality that was her own real self, which is why her last words were "Being a goddess doesn't feel so bad", after she sacrificed herself for RB.
Ymir actually loved her own real self, she was just abused by others for being like that so she was trying to change.
While for Historia her fake persona is her death wish. And at that moment when she lost the only person she thought would accept her real self, she wanted to die, or be abused, or whatever she thought the enemy will do to her.

After which Connie told her that Ymir must have lied to her, and was actually probably going to sacrifice herself, which brought us to:
“Ymir, you are the one who said it so listen to yourself! We need to stop living for others. From now on…Let’s live for ourselves!”

Yeah that's the entire point if their arc, which you clearly missed.
The entirety of Ymir's and Christoria's arc culminated in Ymir making that decision and then Historia making her own decision in the cave. That relationship was from the very first second about the dichotomy of the two archetypes:
1. The good girl Christa, who lives for helping others
2. The selfish and self-centered Ymir, who lives for herself
Naturally, as one could guess, it was actually the reverse, under the guise of Christa Historia hid her selfishness, and under the guise of apathy Ymir hid her true caring self, caring to the extreme.
Think about it, she sacrificed herself for her own cult -> got turned into a titan for 60 years -> and even when she got the 2nd chance in life, what did she do? She overheard a conversation about some vague girl in distress, whose story was in some ways similar to hers, and without knowing anything else, she rushed to help her. Joined the fucking military to help her. She then was ready to sacrifice herself again, at Utgard Castle, trying to protect her friend, and friends in general actually. I am gonna go on and say that at Utgard Castle she wasn't only protecting Christa, but everyone else too. Even when the Historia in Christa awakened, stood on the fucking top of the castle and started screaming at her for being selfless, Ymir still at the end chose to protect everyone, even if it meant her death. And she would die, if the scouts didn't reach her in time. She then made a real with Reiner, the deal entailed that she herself must die, again complete selflessness. And upon finding out that she took the life of another for her second chance, she, at the end choose to save her ex comrades, again sacrificing herself, to help Rainer and Bertholdt because she was even able to sympathize with them.
She was always the true Christa, the all caring goddess. Ymir stayed true to what she always was.

While Historia is an ideologically selfish person, At Utgard castle she didn't care at all that everyone were going to die, instead she was throwing stones at titans and was only upset that she had no equipment to die fighting, die a hero. However when Ymir was about to commit a selfless act and die for her friends, it was elaborated further that selfishness for Historia is not just about her own self, it is her ideology, her view of life - "fight for yourself, humans mustn't die for the ideals of others".
When Ymir choose to sacrifice herself and leave, Historia initially was extremely not acceptive of it. But she then understood that people may not agree with her philosophy in life, that it might be rejective to their spirit, she acknowledged that. But that also made her fall into into depression, because no one would get her

She isn't a bad person, she just wants for people to fight for themselves, after all why were we given self if we aren't supposed to fight for ourselves. The one who saved her from her depression was Eren, who simply and straightforwardly concurred with her, like it's a matter of fact. And not only that, he told her that he likes her real self more than her fake self, something she didn't expect to hear from anyone ever. Right after that she started secretly eyeing Eren, like in the highschool caste, it's not like it's random, and came out of nowhere in au

Now then, the cave scene. Everything came into fruition in that scene, Eren faced the dilemma of ancestral sins while Historia faced with a choice of killing the one person who understood her, the person whose own motto was "Because I was born into this world!". And it is crucial to understand the importance of her words "I won't let you kill me". At the moment, she thought that her father was right, that her killing Eren is the best bet for humanity, humanity's and her father's wish came into conflict with her own wish of not killing Eren, because to her killing him meant her rejecting her own self, her own soul that was kin to him, and embracing the selfless spirit of Karl Fritz, the coward King. That's why when she broke her father's feeble spine the words she spoke were "I won't let you kill me". And then she got angry at Eren, because he for the first time gave up, facing the burden of ancestral sins was something he himself couldn't overcome. That was his lowest point, for the person who is defined by "I was born into this world" to give up on living is his ultimate defeat. She was unhappy with him, because he betrayed his self, the self which Historia liked. For her the decision she made at the time was out of selfishness. But that was the life she was proud of living.
The words she spoke to him that moment virtually spoiled the entire ending act, that's how 1to1 it was. "Screw humanity, they're the problem, let them get wiped out by the titans" - Eren starts doing exactly that. "We're enemies of humanity" - that they become yes. In fact the same problem of ancestral sins is now being faced by the entire nation. And Eren faces the dilemma of selfishness, saving those few who are dear to him by the cost of wiping out the entire world.

it's a very common trope in media where the lesbian character's partner dies and then the next person she gets with is a man and she's suddenly bisexual

She's not bisexual, don't worry. But it's funny that you blame your headcanon not being true on "common tropes" and "homophobia".

This is just insane to me how you're using guidebooks, highschool caste as evidence and completely ignoring the canon material just to fit your narrative

That stuff perfectly fits with the canon. And i have no narrative here, you do, which is why you outright deny the existence of things you do not like. While i'm completely fine discussing everything in its wholity.

Now I've to agree with @b3llamy just say you're homophobic and move on.

Now you see, you've said your piece and that's all you care about. You've already decided on how things are, and you're not gonna hear any other way. Anything about me here is irrelevant.
But what's insane to me, is that you can make a complete headcanon about something, and if anyone presents arguments against your headcanon, then you outright deny their existence and call the person just hateful.
As if you simply are not allowed to be challenged on the matter. Like b3llamy said:
"also I'm not gonna respond to anything- historia and ymir are canon bye"
You are exactly like him, so no wonders you agree.

Mirai said:

Eren looks like a girl so it's still gay

Eren looks like Frieda so it's incest
damnnn, that was a really good read, why not you post this on r/titanfolk or r/attackontitan or any other aot sub reddit? It will be eye opener for some people.
Apr 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
TheFounder131 said:
damnnn, that was a really good read, why not you post this on r/titanfolk or r/attackontitan or any other aot sub reddit? It will be eye opener for some people.

I'm not on reddit, and never was. I'm not on any social media in fact. I also have no reason to just randomly post a dissection like this, most sane people don't think she's lesbian anyway.

---------------------------------------------

As for the topic, i didn't vote, because my feelings on the matter are not represented in the poll. I do like them together, and i do think it could be interesting for the story, not even could, it absolutely would be. But the story has to be rewritten considerably starting from Eren's revolution arc. The way the story has been going and will be going, IT has no real place in the series aside from Eren being the father, which doesn't do anything for me at all, in fact it would make it worse.
XilverApr 7, 2022 9:30 AM
Apr 7, 2022 10:51 AM

Dec 2021
cyf1986 said:
kushmonatl said:

is that confirmed ?

... is this a spoiler alert ?

or you pulling my leg ....
Apr 7, 2022 3:15 PM
Mar 2022
kushmonatl said:
cyf1986 said:

... is this a spoiler alert ?

or you pulling my leg ....

The actual answer is more complex so technically not a spoiler. Just think of my previous reply as a meme.
Apr 10, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2020
Xilver said:
b3llamy said:

bro just say you're homophobic lmao

I mean i don't see how me pointing out that a character you deluded yourself into thinking is gay, isn't actually gay, and canonically had a crush on a guy, and also married another guy, makes me anything. For all intents and purpose i'm pointing out the canon.
And you for all intents and purposes behave like a mentally ill person. If you're just mentally ill, then let people know, so that they don't have to waste their time on you.

damn lol. I'm actually nit mentally ill but i am physically ill in a wheelchair bigot
Apr 10, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2020
Watchanime324 said:
b3llamy said:

bro just say you're homophobic lmao

I think it's silly to call people homophobic who ship 'Erehisu'
But I do think that the 'Erehisu' shippers who think Ymir and Historia were just friends are probably homophobic

if u read this guys post u would see he called gay people deluded.
Apr 10, 2022 11:26 AM

Dec 2012
Attack on Titan is better off steering clear of romance. That said, Eren & Historia have some of the best platonic chemistry in the series. Rather than lovers, it's very possible that Historia would have trusted Eren to be the one to impregnate her in order to protect her from the attempted coup of the MPs. The pregnancy subplot makes zero sense and loses all significance otherwise.

Edit: It's deeply ironic and amusing how people claim Eren is too toxic for Historia. Ymir was trying to take Historia to Marley where she would have been enslaved, raped & forced to bear as many titan candidates as humanly possible. I would much rather have sex with my genocidal bff than be endlessly defiled by the enemy.
ZekkenshinApr 10, 2022 11:41 AM
Feb 27, 4:13 PM
Jun 2023
no chemistry, just had a friend and soldier-queen relationship, had like 5 interactions, makes zero sense, just delusional.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.