Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
do you support the jaegerists (selfishness) or alliance (selflessness)?
Mar 14, 2022 4:05 PM

Jan 2009
im cynical in real life so i love seeing the opposite and proven to be wrong that is selflessness is real

how about you?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2022 4:09 PM

Jan 2020
While I don't think the story is about picking sides anymore, I am more morally inclined to support the Alliance. Not because I'm necessarily selfless, but because I'm against these extremist approaches.

@deg I'm sure you already know about this, but the story is now very similar to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 14, 2022 4:11 PM

Jan 2009
samashi20 said:
While I don't think the story is about picking sides anymore, I am more morally inclined to support the Alliance. Not because I'm necessarily selfless, but because I'm against these extremist approaches.

@deg I'm sure you already know about this, but the story is now very similar to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

yep its the trolley problem or utilitarianism ethics test at least for now is all i can say
Mar 14, 2022 4:18 PM
Oct 2021
we're getting through spam stages, first was the score, then people saying genocide is wrong, then people saying is there's movie (still in this stage) and now we're getting into spam of jeagerist vs alliance, people just love to make hundreds of topics, arguing the same damn thing again and again
Mar 14, 2022 4:21 PM

Jan 2020
Obscure_Otaku said:
we're getting through spam stages, first was the score, then people saying genocide is wrong, then people saying is there's movie (still in this stage) and now we're getting into spam of jeagerist vs alliance, people just love to make hundreds of topics, arguing the same damn thing again and again
At least these invite people to think a bit. The movie vs part 3 ones on the other hand are just very repetitive and annoying.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 14, 2022 4:24 PM

Nov 2021
Obscure_Otaku said:

Well ik what you mean but the most famous one is people trolling/complaining to all of these like u said. So it's balanced as it should be.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 14, 2022 4:26 PM
Feb 2018
Being selfless is indeed something noble, but if we're talking about large number, or in this context world, it's just unrealistic, one must possess massive power both in physical or non-physical. Alliance is realistically lacking in physical power compared to Eren that basically has Godlike power in their universe. But giving effort to it in the first place is still noble no matter what, that's why i admire Floch because eventhough he's far below others in term of physical and non-physical(average to good), he's very noble for being selfishly selfless to what he fought for, Eldia.

I personally dont want to pick side just because my ideology, but if i had to choose which one has clear motivations and amount of hearts theyre putting in the efforts, i must say i support Yeagerist with the exception of Reiner/Gabi/Jean from Alliance.
Mar 14, 2022 4:29 PM

Jan 2009
Obscure_Otaku said:

you must be new to the forums, the nature of forums is repetition no matter where

anyway i made this thread specifically for the poll results because as @samashi20 pointed out its about the Trolley Problem
Mar 14, 2022 4:42 PM
Feb 2016
I’m for the jaegerist because i seriously dislike Gabi
Mar 14, 2022 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
rach1m4n said:
Being selfless is indeed something noble, but if we're talking about large number, or in this context world, it's just unrealistic, one must possess massive power both in physical or non-physical. Alliance is realistically lacking in physical power compared to Eren that basically has Godlike power in their universe. But giving effort to it in the first place is still noble no matter what, that's why i admire Floch because eventhough he's far below others in term of physical and non-physical(average to good), he's very noble for being selfishly selfless to what he fought for, Eldia.

I personally dont want to pick side just because my ideology, but if i had to choose which one has clear motivations and amount of hearts theyre putting in the efforts, i must say i support Yeagerist with the exception of Reiner/Gabi/Jean from Alliance.

>he's very noble for being selfishly selfless to what he fought for, Eldia.

well i mean greater selflessness when im talking about the Alliance here

surely saving your friends and own kind is selflessness too but on a lesser level compared to what the Alliance are doing or the consequence of their actions here, especially with Gabi and Reiner that are both saving their family and the rest of the world
Mar 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Oct 2018
I support the Alliance

" Kaiser, Die!!! "
Mar 14, 2022 5:23 PM
Feb 2018
deg said:
rach1m4n said:

>he's very noble for being selfishly selfless to what he fought for, Eldia.

well i mean greater selflessness when im talking about the Alliance here

surely saving your friends and own kind is selflessness too but on a lesser level compared to what the Alliance are doing or the consequence of their actions here, especially with Gabi and Reiner that are both saving their family and the rest of the world

These selflessness measurement is simply because of how much hearts they put over individual to groups. Like let's say Floch, he puts all his heart to Eldia, a group rather than himself. He's doing all shits only with guns and balls he's carrying for the sake of Eldia he repetitively said. But man rejects any other idea, being selfish(in judgement) as fuck for his selflessness(in act).
Mar 14, 2022 7:12 PM
May 2020
Neither, i support the German water force and these names dont look german to me
Mar 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Mar 2019
samashi20 said:

Someone gets this? I've lost hope in this fandom, but there are a few sane people around.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Mar 14, 2022 9:10 PM
Feb 2021
Euthanasiaㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mar 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Mar 2021
I spent 3 seasons watching paradis people get eaten by titans and then knowing outsiders want them dead, I probably sided with yeagerist here :/
🐐

Mar 14, 2022 10:24 PM
May 2021
Idk I think choosing the side of further conflict in a story about the cycle of violence between two peoples is dumb asf. The whole point is that neither of them are in the right and need to stop killing each other, I can’t really see the Jaegerist mindset.
Mar 15, 2022 1:58 AM

Feb 2021
I swear I see at least 5 forums about this exact topic everyday.
Mar 15, 2022 11:39 AM
Jul 2021
alliance because genocide is wrong
Mar 15, 2022 11:43 AM
Nov 2016
I don't hate any of the group, Eren and crew are going for the genocide route but they are simply doing it in self-defense, it's wrong and I won't side with them but I don't hate them because of it either, the alliance are simply trying to stop the genocide so they are doing good for humanity as well, stopping the genocide means that the Eldians will die sooner or later if they get raided later on.

If I have to choose a group, I would have sided with Zeke, that's the "lesser" evil IMHO, at least Zeke tried to stop the Eldians in the least painful way possible with the euthanasia plan.

And let's be honest, the Eldians are a dangerous group of people, if something happens and suddenly they transform into titans for whatever reason then nobody would be able to stop them so they will cause more harm than good. Eldians are simply ticking time bombs IMHO, the world will actually be a better/safer place without that dangerous race of people around, nothing to do with racism here, it's just a fact, they are dangerous and should be considered a ticking time bomb.
Mar 15, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2009
xZabuzax said:
I don't hate any of the group, Eren and crew are going for the genocide route but they are simply doing it in self-defense, it's wrong and I won't side with them but I don't hate them because of it either, the alliance are simply trying to stop the genocide so they are doing good for humanity as well, stopping the genocide means that the Eldians will die sooner or later if they get raided later on.

If I have to choose a group, I would have sided with Zeke, that's the "lesser" evil IMHO, at least Zeke tried to stop the Eldians in the least painful way possible with the euthanasia plan.

And let's be honest, the Eldians are a dangerous group of people, if something happens and suddenly they transform into titans for whatever reason then nobody would be able to stop them so they will cause more harm than good. Eldians are simply ticking time bombs IMHO, the world will actually be a better/safer place without that dangerous race of people around, nothing to do with racism here, it's just a fact, they are dangerous and should be considered a ticking time bomb.

exactly the main problem is there is no balance of power because of the titan powers right now that are similar to nuclear weapons during their times

nuclear deterrence only works if opposing sides have nukes meaning both have balanced titan powers but the rumbling is the greater more powerful nukes
Mar 15, 2022 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
Acausal said:
I support omnicide. Wipe out the outside world and then go after your own people. Justification? The AoT MAL forums.

if that also means killing yourself then ok fine i guess

the misanthropy is so damn high
Mar 15, 2022 12:42 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
if ur paying attention, ud notice that the jaegerist are tried to be painted as selfless at some points (For the sake of the island) and the Alliance is painted as selfish (For the sake of what i believe is correct).

pay attention.

Mar 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
BerriesSan said:
if ur paying attention, ud notice that the jaegerist are tried to be painted as selfless at some points (For the sake of the island) and the Alliance is painted as selfish (For the sake of what i believe is correct).

pay attention.

i mean greater selflessness like world level of selflessness here

again its also selfless to save your own race but its lesser good compared to saving all or overwhelming majority of the human race
Mar 15, 2022 1:32 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
deg said:
BerriesSan said:

pay attention.

again its also selfless to save your own race but its lesser good compared to saving all or overwhelming majority of the human race

that point of view doesn't take the discussion anywhere. Its more fruitful if you think about it in the flow the show is talking about it.
imo, please pardon my rudeness, The entire aot community is doing a discussion RIGHT NOW that shouldve' been completed like a yr ago. Its honestly somewhat frustrating (T^T)/

Mar 15, 2022 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
BerriesSan said:
deg said:

that point of view doesn't take the discussion anywhere. Its more fruitful if you think about it in the flow the show is talking about it.
imo, please pardon my rudeness, The entire aot community is doing a discussion RIGHT NOW that shouldve' been completed like a yr ago. Its honestly somewhat frustrating (T^T)/

i care more about consequence than intention when it comes to morality thats why i side with the alliance since the consequence of their actions is saving the world

anime only fans are first time experiencing this arc
Mar 15, 2022 1:55 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
deg said:
BerriesSan said:

i care more about consequence than intention when it comes to morality thats why i side with the alliance since the consequence of their actions is saving the world

anime only fans are first time experiencing this arc

I'm also an anime-only tho T^T
I side with the alliance in the current situation too cuz the jaegerists are driven by misunderstandings and hypocritic reasonings. They are all insecure af, and they have a reason to be. Here to me, the alliance feels much more "free". Even if they are doing stuff they think is counterproductive, its more fun to see them. So I prefer them.

I feel that Jaeger's philosophy and Jaegerist's philosophy are completely different. Jaegerists are just henchmen that've grown too much out of control cuz of acting like they are eren's subordinates.

sorry if this makes no sense, its 2am rn

Mar 15, 2022 2:33 PM

Sep 2020
mfw defending your country and race from total destruction is somehow considered selfish
Mar 15, 2022 2:38 PM

Jul 2020
Both sides are messed up.
Jeagerists are supporitng Genocide killing innocent victims who have nothing to do with the hate for Eldians.
Alliance are betraying their own people, saving the world who hate Eldians more than anything. Even if the alliance succeed in "saving the world" the hate for Eldians will not just automatically disappear.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 15, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2021
Scordolo said:

Nah, he should have just never done an arc about genocide if he cant do it without half-assing most of it

Mar 15, 2022 2:58 PM

Mar 2022
Why there is no mention anywhere that doing Rumbling will also kill all the other living organisms along with humans? Not only about Genocide being wrong, but also the impact rumbling will have ecologically? Why Hange is not putting up an argument about this since she was some sort of Scientist?

About the question, both sides are going for genocide anyway, whether directly or indirectly, whether large scale or small scale , doesn't matter to me. As a viewer, I don't support any faction at this moment anymore.
Mar 15, 2022 3:18 PM

Jan 2009
L01MK said:
mfw defending your country and race from total destruction is somehow considered selfish

just think of it as a spectrum then, there is more selfishness with the jaegerists if we gonna weigh the number of lives that is involve
Mar 15, 2022 3:48 PM
Oct 2016
Jaegerists all the way Wipe out any threat as soon as possible by any mean.

Why would you team up with the one that gave you this shitty life that killed your friend ?
Its stupid, goal in life is to be superior and dominate.

Tho i think like that the jaegerists are stupid too they are like a cult filled with crazy Leader like Floch.

But i agree with the fact that they have to wipe out every other country just for the Island sake.
Mar 15, 2022 5:25 PM

Feb 2022
Scordolo said:
Both sides are messed up.
Jeagerists are supporitng Genocide killing innocent victims who have nothing to do with the hate for Eldians.
Alliance are betraying their own people, saving the world who hate Eldians more than anything. Even if the alliance succeed in "saving the world" the hate for Eldians will not just automatically disappear.

True, Eren side with the obvious problem of the too simplistic and unnecessarily brutal approach. But the alliance side has major issues aswell, their motivation is completely rushed, motive unclear and not sufficient to risk their lives. Even if all of them disagree with Eren's approach, which is understandable, you really telling me they would not only go on a suicide mission, they would do that with the same people that were slaughtering them for all their lives?
The viewer knows what goes on in their head, but how could possibly the Paradis side know that these people would fight along side them? circumstantial evidence to go on what is an essentially suicide mission?

I'd expect at least Jean to say something along the lines that there's nothing that can be done at this point and that they need to do the best they can with the people remaining on the Island. It's a fine line between making your fallen comrades proud with risking yourself for the sake of the future and just dying for ideals with the future left at lesser importance.
Mar 15, 2022 5:40 PM
Feb 2018
_Doofenshmirtz_ said:
Why there is no mention anywhere that doing Rumbling will also kill all the other living organisms along with humans? Not only about Genocide being wrong, but also the impact rumbling will have ecologically? Why Hange is not putting up an argument about this since she was some sort of Scientist?

About the question, both sides are going for genocide anyway, whether directly or indirectly, whether large scale or small scale , doesn't matter to me. As a viewer, I don't support any faction at this moment anymore.

Yeah, if only Rumbling was that deadly. The one you should be concerned about the organism is micro-organism, and big numbers of them will remain untouched and safe where Rumbling will never reach them. Solid undergrounds, mountains that just too high and cant be reached, deep sea, caves many of them will remain untouched and that's where the microorganism usually came from. It will impacts world ecologically indeed, but that's not something that would cause unavoided end of the world like people make it sounds.
Mar 15, 2022 5:44 PM
Aug 2021
I'm neutral doesn't support anything in any faction
Mar 15, 2022 6:32 PM
Nov 2010
_Doofenshmirtz_ said:
but also the impact rumbling will have ecologically? Why Hange is not putting up an argument about this since she was some sort of Scientist?

Because some readers will inevitably think getting rid of human will be the best thing for planet earth in "long run", which is contrary to Hange's goal.

Do u know that in the original AoT one-shot, titans were created by
kensionMar 16, 2022 6:07 AM
Mar 15, 2022 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
Selfishness easily
Mar 16, 2022 7:32 AM
Feb 2022
I hate the jeagerists cuz they they wanna kill everyone against them and Floch and Yelena are the most characters I hate
Mar 16, 2022 7:49 AM
Feb 2021
Jaegerists for me. Not that I support genocide but in real life, it's beat or be beaten.
Mar 16, 2022 7:56 AM
Jul 2021
Alliance doesn't make a single sense to me. Like seriously? These guys are friends now? Are you kidding me? Hello! These guys were happily trying to commit genocide against you. Remember!Remember! No! You wanna play nice guy and betray your friends and family. Give me a break.
Mar 16, 2022 8:11 AM

Nov 2021
Those who support the jeagerists are those with terrorist psychology (a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims)
And it is clear that any sane person will support the alliance because they are against genocide and not only that they are also removing the long hatred between Marley and the Eldians (especially the Island Eldians).

If I say that if it is just for entertainment purpose then anyone can support anyone it doesn't matter
Mar 16, 2022 10:10 AM
Aug 2014
I am only supporting the jaegerists right now because the alliance currently has no plan after stopping Eren. If they have a plan to create a paradisian empire after stopping Eren or something I would support them.
Mar 16, 2022 10:49 AM
Aug 2014
nishant0 said:
Those who support the jeagerists are those with terrorist psychology (a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims)
And it is clear that any sane person will support the alliance because they are against genocide and not only that they are also removing the long hatred between Marley and the Eldians (especially the Island Eldians).

If I say that if it is just for entertainment purpose then anyone can support anyone it doesn't matter

Not really. We understand what is necessary and we understand that stopping Eren without a plan will disasterful for the paradisians. Almost every jaegerists would be in favor of the Alliance if they showed a clear good plan to ensure the safety of the paradisians. But as of right now, they don't.

My guess is that we disagree with the severity of the situation. For example, I think you believe that if Eren was stopped, then the world wouldn't nuke paradise island. But from my perspective, I see that Eren is the only weapon paradise island has. Without him, Paradise is behind in technology, behind in weapon power, behind in military power, behind in negotiation power with other countries and behind in titan power as most titans are still controlled by Marley. And don't forget, once Eren is dead, his powers will be transformed to an unborn Eldian. Meaning the world would have seen the destruction this power could cause and now they have every reason (more reason than before) to wipe out all the Eldians before another Eldian devil is born.

So, from my perspective, it is literally support Eren's crazy genocide plan and don't get killed, stop Eren with no plan and get killed. I would have preferred if Eren didn't go full rumbling, but since he already started, it seems like stopping Eren now is a death wish.

Note: "terrorist psychology" and calling the other side insane aren't an argument and ironically goes against the message of the show.
Mar 16, 2022 11:50 AM

Nov 2021
vileoivm12 said:
nishant0 said:

Not really. We understand what is necessary and we understand that stopping Eren without a plan will disasterful for the paradisians. Almost every jaegerists would be in favor of the Alliance if they showed a clear good plan to ensure the safety of the paradisians. But as of right now, they don't.

My guess is that we disagree with the severity of the situation. For example, I think you believe that if Eren was stopped, then the world wouldn't nuke paradise island. But from my perspective, I see that Eren is the only weapon paradise island has. Without him, Paradise is behind in technology, behind in weapon power, behind in military power, behind in negotiation power with other countries and behind in titan power as most titans are still controlled by Marley. And don't forget, once Eren is dead, his powers will be transformed to an unborn Eldian. Meaning the world would have seen the destruction this power could cause and now they have every reason (more reason than before) to wipe out all the Eldians before another Eldian devil is born.

So, from my perspective, it is literally support Eren's crazy genocide plan and don't get killed, stop Eren with no plan and get killed. I would have preferred if Eren didn't go full rumbling, but since he already started, it seems like stopping Eren now is a death wish.

Note: "terrorist psychology" and calling the other side insane aren't an argument and ironically goes against the message of the show.
I don't think jeagrist would ever agree with alliance as the only think that matter for them is inside wall eldians and they never take the kind of risk that has the slightest chance of putting their people in danger

If Eren is stopped means rumbling is stopped meaning

so if you think that world will see the paradise island same as before than you are wrong and yes the possibility of war will never be zero but as you stated another devil is born seems pointless

stopping Eren is impossible, and what alliance is doing that they think their is a slightly possibility to stop the genocide that's why they are going for it and I don't think anything wrong with that, coz genocide is always be a worst option no matter what reasons you have

what I mean by 'terrorist psychology', what jeagrist are doing is clearly a terrorist do if you agree with them you'll live otherwise you'll die (as they are killing the engineers of other country just because they dont follow them) this scene slightly remind me from a movie about terrorism thats why I said terrorist psychology
Mar 16, 2022 12:11 PM
Aug 2014
nishant0 said:
vileoivm12 said:

I don't think jeagrist would ever agree with alliance as the only think that matter for them is inside wall eldians and they never take the kind of risk that has the slightest chance of putting their people in danger

so if you think that world will see the paradise island same as before than you are wrong and yes the possibility of war will never be zero but as you stated another devil is born seems pointless

stopping Eren is impossible, and what alliance is doing that they think their is a slightly possibility to stop the genocide that's why they are going for it and I don't think anything wrong with that, coz genocide is always be a worst option no matter what reasons you have

what I mean by 'terrorist psychology', what jeagrist are doing is clearly a terrorist do if you agree with them you'll live otherwise you'll die (as they are killing the engineers of other country just because they dont follow them) this scene slightly remind me from a movie about terrorism thats why I said terrorist psychology

Well, it's kinda hard to argue against "Show spoiler" buttons lol. We will see after the show ends I guess.
Mar 16, 2022 12:17 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Altruism doesn't exist all actions are selfish so alliance are not selfless they are very much selfish since they are willing to betray and kill their own people in order to satisfy their feelings of moral superiority.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 16, 2022 12:26 PM

Nov 2021
vileoivm12 said:
nishant0 said:

Well, it's kinda hard to argue against "Show spoiler" buttons lol. We will see after the show ends I guess.
well it makes sense if you haven't read the manga, Will have to wait approx. one year for ending ig
Mar 16, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
Helltaker said:
Altruism doesn't exist all actions are selfish so alliance are not selfless they are very much selfish since they are willing to betray and kill their own people in order to satisfy their feelings of moral superiority.

to selflishy satisfy their morals of saving more people despite the risk of them dying, so the sacrifice part along with saving more people part is altruism

youre being too strict with words and is implying Psychological Egoism
degMar 16, 2022 1:35 PM
Mar 16, 2022 2:36 PM
Feb 2018
Helltaker said:

Shees dont say that out loud, people will bring up children of the forest thingy and wrote wikipedia-level of "Why fascism is bad" copypasta.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

281 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.