Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 3, 2022 7:49 AM
Oct 2019
Love Live

I heard good things about it from somewhere and decided to watch it without checking what it was. Thirty seconds in i realized it was an idol anime. I dropped it and never looked back lol
Jan 3, 2022 7:51 AM
Aug 2017
Sukitte Ii na yo. The things happened so fast in the first episode that I just dropped because it was boring as hell and they kissed in the first episode LoL
Jan 3, 2022 8:40 AM

Oct 2020
Land of the lustrous because the animation is just so fucking bad and I’m gonna read the manga instead
Jan 3, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
Gokushufudou

the animation was just….not it
Jan 3, 2022 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
My fastest drop was on my head as a child.
In terms of anime though probably most of the anime on my drop list I haven't actually watched. I went through a phase where I just 'planned to watch' every anime but I got annoyed so I cleared my PTW list so that only the shows I actually intended to watch remained.
From shows I've watched probably
Arifureta: The manga was high/mid tier but the anime pacing and animation are awful
Tower of God: I heard great things about it but the animation was mid and the mc seems to be the type to asspull everything.
Mousou Dairinrin: I was spoiled literally about halfway through the first episode so I dropped it lol.
Jan 3, 2022 9:29 AM

Sep 2019
I have yet to drop an anime in my life. I have Blue Exorcist listed as dropped, but that's because I saw a bit of it a long time ago and sorta forgot about it. It's actually more of a "plan to watch" entry (has been since September 2019 lol).
Don't fear the gods,

Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get, and

What is terrible is easy to endure.
Jan 3, 2022 9:32 AM
Jul 2017
Ping Pong the Animation

Dropped it at episode 1 because the art and the animation looked atrocious to me

Grimgar Fantasy and Ash

Just plain old boring
Jan 3, 2022 9:36 AM
Oct 2019
Nearly dropped Hellsing Ultimate after realizing how long the episodes were. Fortunately, I continued and actually found it to be pretty nice.
Jan 3, 2022 9:46 AM
Mar 2021
It'd probably be Happy Sugar Life. As soon as she said she was in love with some 7 year old and it showed missing posters of her I wasn't comfortable with it at all.
Jan 3, 2022 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Thigh_Tide said:
eli_shmeli said:

bruv, I read thousand page books all the time. you're the one being silly

Entirely doubtful based on your demeanour, and you've just further contradicted your third point from earlier.

the point is, it's not about how "long" it'll take to read the synopsis, simply that I enjoy watching the show immediately instead. and bruv, I just finished Way of Kings for the 4th time, that's 1200 pages, so how about next time when someone says they don't like reading synopses, summaries or subtitles you don't just assume it's because they're illiterate, and instead wonder why they might feel that way
Jan 3, 2022 10:50 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
Oniichan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!

I knew this anime was ecchi, but I still saw 2 chapters and my eyes were bleeding. I wasn't expecting much from this anime, but even with little hope it let me down.
Jan 3, 2022 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
TheRookieCrusher said:
Land of the lustrous because the animation is just so fucking bad and I’m gonna read the manga instead

this... physically hurt me. But I hope you enjoy the manga, I'm currently reading it rn 😁
Jan 3, 2022 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Carole & Tuesday. I knew it will a be a western-pandering tranny shit after watching 10 minutes of 1st episode and I was right (but no, seriously, Watanabe + Netflix = disaster to square). Absolutely disgusting.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 3, 2022 11:23 AM

Oct 2020
eli_shmeli said:
TheRookieCrusher said:

this... physically hurt me. But I hope you enjoy the manga, I'm currently reading it rn 😁
Yeah I understand where you’re coming from, there’s a lot of love for that show but I’d take the 8.9 over the 8.4 and cgi is just god awful
Jan 3, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2021
Eromanga sensei. It took me half of episode 1 to drop it.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Jan 3, 2022 11:48 AM

Apr 2020
Tokyo Ghoul re and Kimi no Iru Machi dropped the first episode.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jan 3, 2022 12:08 PM
Jan 2021
Ah yes the freshly bad Tantei Wa Mou Shindeiru and Rent A Girlfriend. Those two are a record holder for being so ridiculously boring and painful that i can't stand 2 episodes in, but everyone else seems to enjoyed

There's a lot of other one episode only that i drop, but it's mostly that lower anime on the seasonal charts that i stumbled while looking for the so called "Hidden Gem". In short not worth to mention
Jan 3, 2022 12:09 PM

Nov 2017
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

a couple of minutes in(or even less) and I dropped it
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 3, 2022 12:12 PM
Aug 2021
for me was this 3:

- Black clover, I watched the first episode and it wasn't worth it
- asobi asobase, i watched the first 5 minutes and then said hell no!
- Guilty crown, i watched the first 3 but didn't like the story.
Jan 3, 2022 12:17 PM
Oct 2019
Arifureta for sure. I just couldn't watch it without closing my eyes every 2 minutes, and it probably is the most generic isekai first episode ive seen so far.
Jan 3, 2022 12:33 PM

Oct 2018
Code Geass. Sometime into the first episode when Lelouch orders an enemy squad to kill themselves in a super edgy way. This scene alone already told me that there weren't going to be any real stakes and that MC either always has his eye powers to free himself of any trouble or the episodes will consist of reasons why he isn't able to use his powers in that particular case. And being told that the whole series furthermore has a Light vs L mechanic - but very much worse in every way - just confirmed my decision. I know it's rather beloved in anime circles, but from this first episode and other clips I've seen here and there the show really doesn't seem like something I'd have a good time with.
Jan 3, 2022 12:37 PM

Mar 2020
Bottom tier tomozaki. The first 5 minutes were more than enough to tell me this is going to be another cringy garbage anime
Jan 4, 2022 3:00 AM

Feb 2019
eli_shmeli said:
Thigh_Tide said:

Entirely doubtful based on your demeanour, and you've just further contradicted your third point from earlier.

the point is, it's not about how "long" it'll take to read the synopsis, simply that I enjoy watching the show immediately instead. and bruv, I just finished Way of Kings for the 4th time, that's 1200 pages, so how about next time when someone says they don't like reading synopses, summaries or subtitles you don't just assume it's because they're illiterate, and instead wonder why they might feel that way

You're again contradicting your own earlier claims, and not assuring anyone of the literacy you claim to have.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jan 4, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Thigh_Tide said:
eli_shmeli said:

You're again contradicting your own earlier claims, and not assuring anyone of the literacy you claim to have.

💀 okay bro, well clearly you're the illiterate one cause I have clearly laid out how I feel multiple times, and you just can't seem to comprehend it for some reason

here's some synopsis that spoil themselves, which contradicts one of your points

basically, what I mean by "felt like homework" is that when I was younger, I loved reading the books assigned in class for the most part. But on the one or two days that I forgot to read the next chapter, I would have to quickly look up a synopsis or summary and study it really well. The synopses were never as well written as the actual books, and it just felt like such a shame to have the plot spelled out by something so inelegant. As such, I have a general disdain for any type of summary or synopsis as I would much rather just watch the plot how it was intended, going in blind. I remember going in blind to both Angel Beats and Re:Zero, and let me tell you, 10/10 moments right there.
removed-userJan 4, 2022 9:38 AM
Jan 4, 2022 9:09 AM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
Training With Hinako. I was expecting something so-bad-it's-good, but it was just so, so boring IMO. Dropped three minutes into episode 1.
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
Jan 4, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2021
date a live 3. i was finished binge watching both date a lives and idk why but it got so boring

Jan 4, 2022 9:18 AM

Dec 2020
A WHILE back, around when these shows first came out, I didn't have the patience I have now for the Anime medium, so I dropped them after only 1 episode.

-Ah my buddha (Episode 1 or 2)
-Actually I am... (Episode 1)

Honorary/Dishonorary Mention
-Date a Live II (Episode 3)

I'll probably find time to watch them some time from now
TheAceAttorneyJan 4, 2022 9:25 AM
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Jan 4, 2022 9:21 AM

May 2016
sigh.... there's shit ton for me but the fastest one is ChäoS;HEAd (half episode in the anime and wooosh...)

this is the first time for me to know madhouse could produce something SOO BAD in every aspect. and yea everything is bad. from the intro, bgm, characters, story, the execution for the whole anime is dogshit. << emotional damage excuse me XD
Jan 5, 2022 3:08 AM

Feb 2019
eli_shmeli said:
here's some synopsis that spoil themselves, which contradicts one of your points

I'll set aside the rest of what you've said because of how egregious your error is here.

None of these spoil anything about their respective shows. You are making the ridiculous assumption that having any piece of information whatsoever is automatically a detriment to the show in question, when this is not the case. You gain nothing from not knowing Subaru is Isekaied, from being unaware that Koito has recently committed suicide. These are instigating elements, not the actual plots they bring about. (Well, plot is a strong word, particularly for the last of the three, but that's besides the point).

You could extend your logic to say that knowing how many episodes the show has spoils it, since you know when roughly the storyline will be resolved, or that seeing any image of the show poster spoils the appearance of the characters. Even typing the title of the show into the search bar would ruin it for you. You cannot hold the view that synopses spoil shows without additionally claiming everything does, which is a self-evidently absurd idea.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

2 by SubstanceAnime »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Today

23 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you self-insert? ( 1 2 )

ateks - Sep 7, 2022

75 by FanofAction »»
49 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

32 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Yesterday

14 by Bruh69XD »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.