Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2021 6:10 PM

Aug 2017
Why Tonikaku Kawaii instead of any other romcom?

• MARRIAGE PROPOSAL on Episode 1
  • Wholesome fluff
  • No actual love rivals
  • No violence
  • Kissing
  • Hugging
  • Handholding
  • Bath scenes without excessive fanservice
  • Lots of references to other anime/manga
  • There is an actual plot

How can I improve on this?

See my blog entry with an up-to-date version: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=870822

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Oct 2020
you speak nothing but fax 🙏🙏🙏

TONIKAWA supremacy cant wait for szn 2
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Nov 8, 2021 6:23 PM
Mar 2021
Rather than a normal romcom where there it takes 12 episodes for two people to date, this anime makes the two people marry each other on the first day. It's very wholesome to see each of them being nervous and lovey dovey with each other. There isn't much fanservice which is nice. There isn't a love rival and it's feels so good to watch both of them provide for each other in their own ways.
Nov 8, 2021 6:36 PM
Jan 2021
Yep perfect romance if not better
Nov 8, 2021 6:42 PM
Sep 2021
Yes you are right. Also i recommend the manga. It is better.
Nov 8, 2021 6:44 PM

Aug 2017
IamSajid said:
Yes you are right. Also i recommend the manga. It is better.
I am reading the manga. It's 100/10

Nov 8, 2021 7:11 PM

Jan 2021
I found it to be unwatchable trash tbh, maybe it's just more suited to children or something, I felt like i was losing intellect watching it.
Nov 8, 2021 7:12 PM

Aug 2017
dabdabgoose said:
I found it to be unwatchable trash tbh, maybe it's just more suited to children or something, I felt like i was losing intellect watching it.
Why is that? Is it because of the slice of life factor?

Nov 8, 2021 7:24 PM

Jan 2021
Remocracy said:
dabdabgoose said:

The lack of side Characters and ones that where not interesting in the slightest and the way the relationship started rubbed me the wrong way with the whole gets almost killed then nothing happens for years thing, and oh I'm here now apprently.

I like Slice of life it's probably one of my more favoured genres but this comes off as bit too immature for me.
Nov 8, 2021 7:39 PM

Apr 2020
Agree, this anime is a wholesome anime romcom.
Nov 8, 2021 7:49 PM

May 2021
Really wholesome
If you are from South East Asia, then I request you, when you will start an anime, you search if it is available on Muse Asia and Ani-one Asia, before looking through piracy websites
Nov 8, 2021 8:30 PM
Mar 2021
Forgot to add boring to the list
Nov 8, 2021 9:24 PM
Jul 2020
Preach man preach
Nov 8, 2021 9:57 PM
May 2021
For RomCom
I really like Bunny Girl Senpai, The Quintessential Quintuplets, Horimiya, Kaguya-sama Love is war, Golden Times, Tonikaki Kawaii, The moment you fall in love.
These are the series I will never gonna forget.
LOVELY SERIES ❤️❤️
Nov 9, 2021 3:46 AM

May 2021
Nov 9, 2021 3:56 AM
Feb 2021
spitting absolute fucking facts.
Nov 9, 2021 5:18 AM
May 2021
dabdabgoose said:
Remocracy said:

The lack of side Characters and ones that where not interesting in the slightest and the way the relationship started rubbed me the wrong way with the whole gets almost killed then nothing happens for years thing, and oh I'm here now apprently.

I like Slice of life it's probably one of my more favoured genres but this comes off as bit too immature for me.
I think that’s precisely one of its strongest points. Often times a lot of romance anime will introduce a stupid amount of side characters and derail the focus from the main couple (look at the Horimiya anime for example). A relationship is supposed to be a very intimate exchange between two people and due to its lack of focus on its side characters, Tonikawa puts all the emphasis on the main couple and shows off what their relationship looks like, as well as how each of them feel towards each other and slowly progress on their marriage.
Nov 9, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2021
Man speaking straight true facts noice!
Nov 9, 2021 5:32 AM

Jan 2021
ThatRantGuy said:
dabdabgoose said:

I think that’s precisely one of its strongest points. Often times a lot of romance anime will introduce a stupid amount of side characters and derail the focus from the main couple (look at the Horimiya anime for example). A relationship is supposed to be a very intimate exchange between two people and due to its lack of focus on its side characters, Tonikawa puts all the emphasis on the main couple and shows off what their relationship looks like, as well as how each of them feel towards each other and slowly progress on their marriage.
Too many is definitely a bad thing and I really didn't like Horimiya but that's because I didn't really find any of them interesting, I think a few that can integrate well with the main couple works though for example Wotaku which I rate as one of the best in this segment, My main issue with this would be it felt a little immature though and I couldn't connect with it properly.

like Takagi-san is a similar one to this where it's really focused on the main characters(and the side characters honestly are pretty terrible) but even with the middle school setting it came off way more wholesome for me.

Both of them feel like natural romance compared to this which went with some really weird plot setting at the start to trigger it.
Nov 9, 2021 2:29 PM
May 2021
Fair enough, though I disagree that is a valid point.
Nov 10, 2021 2:53 AM
Sep 2021
dabdabgoose said:

You should read the manga.
Nov 10, 2021 2:55 AM
Sep 2021
sonu711 said:

You my boy say say facts. Yeah just wait for chaoter 140-150 and also Tokiko arc to get adapted😎
Nov 10, 2021 9:24 AM
Jun 2021
Like some other romance animes, Tonikaku Kawaii doesn't waste so many episodes to get a hand holding scene or a simple confession. It hits with a marriage proposal straight away along with lots of wholesome moments.
Nov 10, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2021
why not talking about the underage marriage
Nov 10, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2017
Valluk said:
This requires some spoilers, but

Nov 10, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2021
Remocracy said:
Valluk said:
yes otherwise a kid won't allow aa dult to marry her. she must be mature inside mentally to handle the love and to keep her duty as a wife. Also i have not really seen anybody complaining about this child marriage while this debate is common in most other anime. after all a 16 years old and a 18 years old are just of 2 years difference. and you know about japanese kids right?
Nov 10, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2017
Valluk said:
Remocracy said:
yes otherwise a kid won't allow aa dult to marry her. she must be mature inside mentally to handle the love and to keep her duty as a wife. Also i have not really seen anybody complaining about this child marriage while this debate is common in most other anime. after all a 16 years old and a 18 years old are just of 2 years difference. and you know about japanese kids right?
It's not like Tsukasa's first meeting with Nasa was when he was 18.

Mar 15, 2022 10:05 AM
May 2021
This is trash one of the worst I have ever seen.
Mar 28, 2022 1:53 AM
Jul 2021
I always been searching for a anime where protagonist marries whom he love, this is only the anime I know like that. Story was very good. I am very excited to see Season 2. Story writer did a good job. Good job. 😘
Apr 12, 2022 8:16 PM

Aug 2017
NoBoDY-5 said:
Do you want to elaborate on why you think it's trash?

Apr 13, 2022 12:17 PM

Apr 2020
When I saw the announcement and that it would be a romcom on a married couple I said to myself "wow it's different" but in reality they have nothing of a married couple, the marriage proposal thing was a bait, they do not know each other intimately and I do not find that they have a particular alchemy unlike in Wotakoi which also follows couples. I would have preferred that they get married after lived a minimum together, that it has a real meaning.
If you remove the marriage proposal thing (which has no value, I repeat they do not know each other) it looks like all the other romcom: they blush for nothing, Nasa spends his time thinking that his wife is pretty, and finally I personally find that there is not much happening. Yet I love the SOL genre but I was bored with this anime. Finally the art style, I find the anime very poor visually, whether it is chara-design and compositing.
Yes it is wholesome, or even too much at times like the times they sleep together, it is to wonder why they do not move to the "next step". I understood during the anime and by some people that Tsukasa is hiding something, but I don't think it could make me like this anime. I understand that people like it but when I read people say that it was a real breath of fresh air, I can only disagree. (The opening is very good btw)
Apr 19, 2022 8:35 PM
May 2015
I just need a season 2 please 😭❤️🙏
May 1, 2022 12:53 AM
Apr 2021
i dropped on final episode is it worth to finish 💀
May 1, 2022 12:54 AM
Apr 2021
Remocracy said:
NoBoDY-5 said:

when i was watching it i also got like the trashy feel some ppl like it some ppl dont, the show was like repetitive for me ig kinda like how i also hated infinite stratos
May 1, 2022 7:51 AM

Aug 2017
c51nge said:
Remocracy said:

when i was watching it i also got like the trashy feel some ppl like it some ppl dont, the show was like repetitive for me ig kinda like how i also hated infinite stratos
I think it's different from Infinite Stratos in that there isn't harem bullshit, but if you're not into relationship slice of life it makes sense

May 1, 2022 10:25 AM
Apr 2021
Remocracy said:
c51nge said:

I think it's different from Infinite Stratos in that there isn't harem bullshit, but if you're not into relationship slice of life it makes sense

nah im a huge slice of life rom fan this one just like felt diff idk why it felt unpleasant lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

227 by korsarz »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

254 by LiptonekBuby »»
Oct 13, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.