Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 23, 2021 9:44 PM
Sep 2019
We're close to the premiere of Nagatoro and honestly I don't have that much hope of this series being just good, I feel like it's gonna be a "It's so good it's bad" kind of shows. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong when the first episode airs.
Mar 23, 2021 10:15 PM
Jan 2021
If you don't mind watching S/M, I think this show will be decent enough. I read the manga and it's not really bad in my opinion, I laughed at some panels so I guess it has some decent jokes. The only thing that might detter viewers away is Nagatoro herself. She might come as annoying to some people so that's my only worry. Another thing are the possible "controversies" that this show might attract. Personally, I don't think it's fair to judge things that hasn't been made yet, so let's just wait and see.
Mar 23, 2021 10:41 PM
Oct 2020
My score prediction will probably around 7.20 or 7.30 for this anime
Mar 24, 2021 8:29 PM
Feb 2021
I'm a romance trashie..... And it looks like this anime will be a bit of a ecchi romance.... Like it's just horimiya with some ecchi elements.... I will warm our hearts!
Mar 24, 2021 8:31 PM

Feb 2021
I feel like this will be like the Komi manga, people overhype it, so when it ended up being so common I just was so disappointment
Everyone has a different way of enjoying anime, you aren't superior for watching some kind or other

Mar 24, 2021 8:31 PM

Jul 2020
The manga was quite repetitive, in a sense like Grand Blue. So only 12 episodes of it should be enough for it to be a mid-7.
Mar 24, 2021 8:47 PM

Jan 2020
I read a little bit of the manga and didn't like it but who knows

Mar 25, 2021 5:40 AM

May 2013
If you're a fan of comedy or romance you will like this, the manga is brilliant and the story just keeps getting better, this show will undoubtedly be a 10 for me
Apr 1, 2021 8:12 PM

Feb 2019
I feel like mostly what this is going to contribute to the world is the variety of screencaps trolls post with "U MAD" as a cutting riposte to utterly disarm their opposition.
Apr 1, 2021 8:17 PM

Aug 2020
It's a romantic comedy, what to expect from it?
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 1, 2021 8:35 PM

Jul 2017
I started the manga today, and I'm just facepalming so hard with how obnoxious and godawful this manga is. So for me personally, might be a potential worst anime of the year contender easily.
Apr 1, 2021 8:44 PM

Mar 2016
For me, it's like Takagi-san but WAY too meanspirited. At least later down the stretch in the manga, the main female character doesn't bully the guy as much, but that's not quite enough. Koikimo is also like that, btw.
Apr 2, 2021 6:32 AM

Jun 2015
Leoradiuju2004 said:

Look like someone already liked it so far
Apr 2, 2021 7:20 AM

Aug 2020
Leoradiuju2004 said:

nagatoro the best waifu
a wise user of MAL said:
Apr 2, 2021 12:34 PM
Oct 2020
IceyArtt said:
I'm a romance trashie..... And it looks like this anime will be a bit of a ecchi romance.... Like it's just horimiya with some ecchi elements.... I will warm our hearts!
i have read the Nagatoro manga and its definitely not an ecchi Horimiya, the style is completely different and after the first few chapters it stops being ecchi too. I its style reminds me of Love is War than any other show/manga
Apr 2, 2021 12:54 PM
Mar 2021
Probably not. I happened to stumble across the manga across my travels. Personally for me this is one of those so-bad-it's-good type anime. The character interactions between the two main characters are so stupid, but I can't help but want more. To be honest I kinda hate both of them, they are both so obnoxious in different ways. But I still find myself wanting to read more and more of the slow motion train-wreck lol. I can't wait for the anime.
Apr 2, 2021 1:00 PM
Mar 2021
Ryuseishun said:
For me, it's like Takagi-san but WAY too meanspirited. At least later down the stretch in the manga, the main female character doesn't bully the guy as much, but that's not quite enough. Koikimo is also like that, btw.

I think that's one of the reasons this manga makes me cringe so much. Naga is FAR too meanspirited to the MC and he just takes it like a little b1tch. It's almost like watching someone kick a puppy or something. It kinda gets old and tiring to watch/ read. He's clearly got a dominatrix fetish though, so I guess it works out. For me, this would be far more tolerable if the bullying (this is bullying btw, not teasing) went both ways. Then it would be more of a wacky hijinks kinda show where we watch them figure out ways to get back at each other. As it is, it feels like nothing more than someone's strange fetish fantasy in which they get off to emotional, verbal, and physical abuse from a hot girl. Either way, I'm here for the cringe. I certainly hope nobody thinks this is what a healthy relationship looks like, though.
Apr 2, 2021 1:37 PM
Aug 2019
Yes. It'll be a hit or miss for people, but I've been reading the manga for a couple of years so its a big hit for me.
Apr 2, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 2021
Why do I feel like this is gonna be a one trick pony? I hope not.
Sore wa chigau yo! - Junko Enoshima, probably
Apr 2, 2021 6:38 PM

Apr 2019
Junko_Simp04 said:

Don't let other peoples opinions change yours, honestly just read the manga beforehand if you have any doubts about it before watching the anime. The only downsides I have so far for the adaptation is the animation for certain scenes being way too color saturated. Another thing is the manga does more justice with the representation of its characters expressions.
Apr 2, 2021 7:03 PM

Jan 2021
Outfrootz said:
Junko_Simp04 said:

Don't let other peoples opinions change yours, honestly just read the manga beforehand if you have any doubts about it before watching the anime. The only downsides I have so far for the adaptation is the animation for certain scenes being way too color saturated. Another thing is the manga does more justice with the representation of its characters expressions.

I don't really read manga tbh, I really prefer anime by a long shot so we'll just have to see on 11.

I'm not letting other people change my opinion but judging from the title, it does look like one with teasing and jokes as the main motivational factor to watch the show. That'll get boring real quick but I hope I'm proven wrong.
Sore wa chigau yo! - Junko Enoshima, probably
Apr 2, 2021 7:16 PM

Apr 2019
I don't really think this would be a spoiler but in order to get my point across on the misinterpretation of the manga it has to be said. The teasing starts off hard in the beginning, That's the whole point of the story. However the teasing escalates down the more the manga progresses and starts to show signs of a different outcome. It becomes more of a romcom I guess. You start to understand the reasons why certain characters act that way they do. I am up to date with the English release volumes so I cant speak for what is actually happens on volumes 7-10. Anyways I think these 6 volumes are what is going to be shown so I can say for sure they are interesting enough for the average viewer. If you are more of a hardcore, heavy story and action or love based genre this wont be enough to suffice for you.
OutfrootzApr 2, 2021 9:38 PM
Apr 2, 2021 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
Naawww I don't think so. The female character seems cringe af but the world is full of degenerates so it will get a lot of attention
Apr 2, 2021 10:41 PM

Feb 2021
I read the manga quite a while back. Didn't enjoy it too well. But I'm still gonna watch a few episodes of this and see if this'll change my mind.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 2, 2021 11:11 PM
Jan 2020
at the beginning of the Manga there are sexualized scenes of the strangers after a while he stops doing this until he gets his own identity of course, he still doesn't have scenes like this but it is very rarely In the beginning I remember seeing a lot of this type of scene so I will see with bleeding eyes but I believe it will be an average anime ('-')
Apr 3, 2021 9:11 PM

Sep 2012
It's my favorite in-print manga and I have superior taste.

But in all seriousness, it's just a very cute and easy to read romance manga. it doesn't have any needless melodrama or extreme ecchi. The scenarios are fun and pay off nicely, and the characters are all memorable and endearing.

Seeing Senpai and Nagatoro change and develop as characters, and seeing the dynamic of their relationship change over the course of the story is nice. We're not even 80 chapters in and it feels like they've grown more as a couple than most romcom couples do in 150+.

So, yes, it's good. In terms of easy reading manga that isn't intended to create a massive intricate world, it's one of the best out at the moment (THE best, if you ask me).
Apr 4, 2021 2:13 PM

Apr 2019
Honestly this is true, If you think there's no relationship advancements you are literally just plain stupid. Try reading rent a girlfriend, That show was hyped so much but the manga is literally being stretched to the brim. 200+ chapters and still no confession.
Apr 4, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2010
Outfrootz said:
Honestly this is true, If you think there's no relationship advancements you are literally just plain stupid. Try reading rent a girlfriend, That show was hyped so much but the manga is literally being stretched to the brim. 200+ chapters and still no confession.

i mean confessions are the end goal of most romance anime. it's rare to see them move past that point.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 4, 2021 2:33 PM

Apr 2019
Its not about the confession though, its more about how the mc has tried multiple times and every time he does try it just gets interrupted by something unnecessary over and over again, basically just a repeat show with no progress.
Apr 6, 2021 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
Leoradiuju2004 said:

nagatoro the best waifu

i'm not gonna deny that, a rom-com already welcome in my list xD
Kinda weird that I haven't received notification from you.
Apr 6, 2021 11:45 AM

Aug 2020
Leoradiuju2004 said:
nagatoro the best waifu

i'm not gonna deny that, a rom-com already welcome in my list xD
Kinda weird that I haven't received notification from you.
Nagatoro is a good manga, it is not the best of the best but if it is entertaining, my appreciation for Nagatoro is more a love that I have for him for being the first manga without adaptation that I read, I like more the progression of the two protagonists (nagatoro and senpai) that their erotic comedy itself (which is why most people know the manga), the last chapters of the manga aired is where a progression in their relationship is most shown. maybe you like it.
a wise user of MAL said:
Apr 6, 2021 5:22 PM
Oct 2020
i hope so! i heard theres good and bad about the manga, but i’ll just wait and see what it has to offer in its anime adaptation. it doesn’t look too shabby:)
Apr 8, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2013
the manga is one of the funniest ever written, how could this not be good? LOL
Apr 8, 2021 2:01 AM
Feb 2021
If you are into s&M then you will like it otherwise it's better to escape it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.