Forum Settings
Forums

What is the WORST anime you have watched recently

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 12, 2021 9:11 AM
Feb 2017
Ex-Arm was the first anime I've ever given a 1/10.
Feb 12, 2021 9:15 AM
Jun 2020
Bunny girl senpai and a silent voice

Feb 12, 2021 9:20 AM

Feb 2017
Well ... I was hoping that some users would name famous and well-rated anime to piss off the rest.
And you?
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Feb 12, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2019
Just recently finished watching Angel Beats! This is literally complete mess of story with comical characters. The comedy is so infuriating and unfunny. Felt like a waste time watching this one. The concept of the afterlife is ridiculously stupid and half baked. Truly one of the worst work from Jun Maeda. Seems I never like his writing at all.

Feb 12, 2021 10:10 AM

Jan 2021
Ex-arm is a masterpiece, but I'm gonna be honest, it's the worst I've watched in the last two months.
I hope the FBI raids some of the users in this website, and then check their hard drives, plenty of suspicious people.

Feb 12, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
Recently would have to be either Gibiate or Majo no Tabitabi. Really didn't like either. But at least Majo no Tabitabi had good music and art. Characters just sucked. Gibiate had absolutely no redeeming qualities (outside of it's admittedly catchy OP).

Edit - Forgot about The Day I Became a God and Japan Sinks 2020

Zaxmq said:
Bunny girl senpai and a silent voice

Ouch, that's a hot take. I respect it. What didn't you like about A Silent Voice? I'm just curious, because I thought it was a masterpiece.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Feb 12, 2021 10:21 AM

Jan 2021
drculasrevenge said:
whats the worst anime you have watched that was made recently
by recent ig 2016-2020

Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi.
Eng name - Redo of a healer.
Although the fight scenes are somewhat decent. Makes it bearable to watch.
Feb 12, 2021 12:12 PM

Nov 2019
Pet. Don't watch it. It's terrible.
Feb 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
Zaxmq said:
Xaeveax said:
Recently would have to be either Gibiate or Majo no Tabitabi. Really didn't like either. But at least Majo no Tabitabi had good music and art. Characters just sucked. Gibiate had absolutely no redeeming qualities (outside of it's admittedly catchy OP).

Edit - Forgot about The Day I Became a God and Japan Sinks 2020

Ouch, that's a hot take. I respect it. What didn't you like about A Silent Voice? I'm just curious, because I thought it was a masterpiece.

idk, everything about the story was meh..

first of all, i think the beginning was a bit intense. Middle schoolers messing around with her hearing aids like it's some kinda toy? They bullied her for being deaf? Seems kinda dumb to me. It was also weird that no one realised this until after awhile. All of a sudden, after ishida is reported for bullying her everyone hates him, even the ones who bullied her with him (tf?). Then we have like a 4 years skip without knowing wth just happened and next thing you know ishida is a changed man. Nishimiya encounters ishida a couple of times and she suddenly falls in love with him (remember that this is the same guy that tormented her middle school life). The story doesn't even explain why he suddenly became good.

Now let me not get into the side characters. I honestly believe this movie would've played out the same way without the side characters. The side characters contributed nothing to the main plot except to extend the scenes and turn it into a 2hr movie. Nagatsuka (his short friend) comes out from nowhere and is considered MC's best friend even though he doesnt know the slightest shit about his life. Apparently Nagatsuka is obsessed with ishida but ishida couldnt care less about him. Sahara doesnt do much, it just feels like she's there for being there's sake- this also goes for most of the other characters.

The author builds nishimya's whole personality was built on her being deaf. We dont get to know much about her except from the fact that shes deaf and hopeless most of the time (her response to almost everything in this movie was ''sorry'')

I cant remember much about the ending so i cant speak on that.

Overall the music and animation for the movie was phenomenal, but everything else was a no no for me. I could write a better response but im stressed out atm.

Im actually curious on why people consider this a masterpiece (including you yourself). Its like most other anime imo

Interesting. I can see where you are coming from. I think to me, kids acting dumb is pretty accurate to how kids are. They don't really think the same way that adults do, and make dumb choices, so to me the show captured that pretty well. Especially the group/mob mindset.

I think the problem with the side characters is that the movie is very condensed compared to the source material, so they apparently had to cut a decent amount of the side characters stories short. I haven't yet read the manga, but apparently they get lots more attention there. Personally, I don't mind this for the purposes of a movie.

To me, it's a masterpiece in the way it displays social anxiety and suicide. It's very accurate to the details of that, and I can relate to Ishida a lot. (I was an ass as a kid, have wrestled with suicide, etc.) So to me, it was a very cathartic experience.

But I can see some of the flaws you pointed out, and they are certainly valid. I just wasn't bothered by them.

"They escaped the weight of darkness,
to forge a path into the marrow of the spirit.
They chose to drown in a deeper vacancy,
an emptiness that quells the null,
a pool for the forgotten..."
Feb 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Nov 2019
Apart from Ex-Arm, Divine Gate was absolutely horrendous.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Feb 12, 2021 12:17 PM

Dec 2016
mushozu tensei, how can people be praising this pedoshit
Feb 12, 2021 12:17 PM
Aug 2016
The most recent one I watched and felt like torture was Brothers Conflict.
Feb 12, 2021 12:29 PM

Nov 2015
Japan sinks 2020.
if it's a movie, one piece movie 3.
Feb 12, 2021 12:30 PM
May 2016
Back Arrow, Hortensia Saga, and Idolly Pride were some of the worst experiences I tried for the current season of anime
Feb 12, 2021 2:09 PM
Feb 2014
zieek said:
2020:

Shin Sakura Taisen
Gibiate
Listeners
Bungou to Alchemist
Tamayomi

Not counting the 4/5 anime I dropped.

I never thought i would agree with this, but unfortunately i have to say that, Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma is by far the worst anime i have seen more recently, it's a blatant disgrace to the original game!!!! >:(

No other anime infuriated me more while watching it, than this garbage!!! I finally had enough and dropped it at episode 7!!!

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 12, 2021 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
Recently it was ishuzoku Reviewers. I'm still not sure if it's not as cringe as Konosuba, but it was on that level of boredom at least.
Feb 12, 2021 3:46 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I really didn't like Sanrio Danshi. The guys are kinda cute but it's basically a 12-episode advert for Sanrio (yeah, should have seen it coming but it was more egregious than I expected) and what's worse, it's super cringe - I couldn't even watch parts of it.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Feb 12, 2021 3:49 PM

Mar 2020
God of Highschool is probably my most recent dumpster fire. School Days was in there somewhere as well.

I havent watched ex arm but I imagine if I do it will win out.
-Ecliptix-Feb 12, 2021 3:54 PM
Feb 12, 2021 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
Dauphine said:

I never thought i would agree with this, but unfortunately i have to say that, Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma is by far the worst anime i have seen more recently, it's a blatant disgrace to the original game!!!! >:(

No other anime infuriated me more while watching it, than this garbage!!! I finally had enough and dropped it at episode 7!!!

So then, does that mean you don't agree with the rest I mentioned.
Feb 13, 2021 12:00 AM

Sep 2020
Demon Slayer, it's honestly just a template marketed as an original product.
I keep trying to pick it back up but I regret it every time.
Feb 13, 2021 12:05 AM

Feb 2017
Redo of Healer.

Was looking forward to some clever and evil machinations from a cold and calculating evil guy but nope. Just touch and everyone will do anything you want. Truly the One Touch Man.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 13, 2021 12:18 AM
Feb 2021
Tasel said:
It's a really close tie between Erased and SAO Alicization Underworld Part 2.

So I can understand Sao but Erased is banger until the 8th episode then it drops a bit
Feb 13, 2021 12:20 AM
Feb 2021
Zettaheisinium said:
drculasrevenge said:
whats the worst anime you have watched that was made recently
by recent ig 2016-2020

Who watched Redo Of Healer for the fight scenes lmao
Feb 13, 2021 12:45 AM

Jan 2021
TheChonk said:
Zettaheisinium said:

Who watched Redo Of Healer for the fight scenes lmao

No one watched it for that. Indeed. But that is what I'm saying. It was unexpected.

Ps: Setsuna is 13.
Feb 13, 2021 12:58 AM

Apr 2017
TheChonk said:

So I can understand Sao but Erased is banger until the 8th episode then it drops a bit

The first episode was enough for me to know I wasn't gonna like Erased.
cunnysseur
Feb 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Apr 2017
PoeticJustice said:
Re Zero Season 2. Holy shit it was wretched, vile, repulsive, and shit. It was bad on every level possible. I don't get how people think this series is worth a shit.

Bro, you have no idea how much I agree. The more grating bit is there are still people who call this a masterpiece. I had to explain in as clear terms as I can why this isn't one in my review.
BalsaminaFeb 13, 2021 1:14 AM
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Feb 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Apr 2018
Mine is Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?.

I believe this is recent enough, and it's actually airing. It's supposed to be a comedy but I don't find it funny at all, the MC is damn annoying. Easy 3/10.

If asking for worse, the actual worst, there are Kaijuu no Kodomo (2019) and DanMachi II OVA (2020). I gave both 1/10, nothing to say more.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

Feb 13, 2021 1:10 AM

Feb 2018
Ex-Arm no contest its a masterpiece of shit

Feb 13, 2021 1:17 AM

Apr 2017
More relevantly, the absolute worst recent anime for me is Kaifuku, but this might change. The worst in terms of personal enjoyability was Re:Zero's latest shits. It is a literal chore to watch and I am literally watching as a matter of personal integrity as a critic.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Feb 13, 2021 5:58 PM
Sep 2012
I've watched 1-3 episodes of many recent animes like Ex-Arm, Gleipnir etc. They are all trash. Last time I actully finished a show that I didn't enjoy was probably Domestic Girlfriend back when it aired. I liked the manga but that anime was pretty bad.
Feb 14, 2021 4:49 AM
Feb 2014
zieek said:
Dauphine said:

So then, does that mean you don't agree with the rest I mentioned.

I haven't watched them, so i can't say whatever i would agree or not.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 14, 2021 4:56 AM

Aug 2012
worst anime I recently watched was hanako san, the animation was the only good thing about that anime
the plot and characters were both horrible.
Feb 14, 2021 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
I tried both Redo and that spider isekai despite my initial judgements. My judgement were correct lol
Feb 14, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
nemur-u said:
worst anime I recently watched was hanako san, the animation was the only good thing about that anime

My friend tried showing me that one and it was so incredibly uninteresting to me lol nice animation though
Feb 14, 2021 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
shownin said:
nemur-u said:

My friend tried showing me that one and it was so incredibly uninteresting to me lol nice animation though

yea the animation was the only thing which kept me from dropping it lol how come lots of bad shows get to have decent animation and shows which genuinely have a good plot got shitty animation
Feb 14, 2021 12:36 PM

Oct 2019
The promised neverland s2.
One of my favorite anime ruined, screw you cloverworks, I'll never forgive the japanese
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2021 12:52 PM

Sep 2019
Redo Of Healer, too.

Although I personally find it disgusting, the more controversial aspects of that show are not even the worst part. That would be the toddler level of writing.

We should stop calling people that like the show incels though, in the same way that it would be disrespectul to call Yaoi fans that get turned on by the more controversial aspects of that genre rape apologists. The respect needs to go both ways. Complain about the content like I'm doing in this thread, but chill with the fans.
Soy gitana, canasteraaa.
Feb 14, 2021 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
The worst would probably be oregairu s3, but I don't know if that counts because the other two seasons came out earlier.
After that I guess bunny girl senpai was pretty bad.
Feb 14, 2021 3:08 PM

Jun 2020
right now, redo of healer. might watch ex-arm just for fucks sake doe, looks funny LOL
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» How many years has it been since you started anime?

nirererin - 5 minutes ago

1 by Daviljoe193 »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you consider yourself as- Anime Guy, Manga Guy or Neutral

nirererin - Yesterday

42 by EpicO4 »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you think that the toyetic anime genre is underrated?

funtime43_tr - 7 hours ago

13 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

» How do you feel when an Anime straight up steals an ED from another Anime?

Dragevard - Yesterday

13 by Catalano »»
21 minutes ago

» Can you idenify these anime based on my poorly transcribed English lyrics of the opening?

Inter_anime - 32 minutes ago

0 by Inter_anime »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.