Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 12, 2021 11:52 PM
May 2017
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?

Mod Edit: Modified title
Koito91Jan 15, 2021 1:49 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2021 11:57 PM

Jun 2020
Uhh but many great characters ik have killed or assisted in killing someone in one way or he other?... sounds like an oversensitive thread
Jan 12, 2021 11:58 PM
Dec 2020
That's pretty based ngl idk why you think that's bad
Jan 13, 2021 12:13 AM
Dec 2019
We get, you love the heroes. Can you delete your post now?
Jan 13, 2021 12:14 AM

May 2019
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.(As Armin said you have to give up your humanity if you want to achieve a higher goal)I cared for his ideals of saving each and every person he could.He was not like Erwin who was ready to sacrifice some for many.Every human was same to him.Yes he was whiny,yes he maybe irritating but he was a human true to heart.

I hope they explain why he did he choose to transform there and itself,although they won't as they want to solidify this "HOBO" Eren people are all fanboying about.There is no right or wrong.Its a useless fight in which humanity will lose.I was able to sympathize with Reiner till a certain extent.He was brainwashed.But Eren he knows everything,so atleast he is conscious about what he is doing and accepting it even then makes him a monster,not like Erwin who achieved a greater win for humanity while sacrificing a few,but a one who will achieve nothing but destruction
Jan 13, 2021 12:19 AM

Oct 2020
Another trash thread.

This thread just raises many spoilers, and anime only will get confused by your thread.

and you asked us if we still like Eren, I as a fan of Eren of course I still like him, and I don't care if you say he's bad because I have my own view of everything Eren does.
Nobara98Jan 13, 2021 12:30 AM
Jan 13, 2021 12:20 AM
we back

Aug 2015
What do you mean? Eren is goated, he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason.
Jan 13, 2021 12:21 AM
Nov 2019
I'd take characters like eren rather than the likes of deku or tanjiro tbh
Jan 13, 2021 12:21 AM
Dec 2019
Zener said:
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.(As Armin said you have to give up your humanity if you want to achieve a higher goal)I cared for his ideals of saving each and every person he could.He was not like Erwin who was ready to sacrifice some for many.Every human was same to him.Yes he was whiny,yes he maybe irritating but he was a human true to heart.

I hope they explain why he did he choose to transform there and itself,although they won't as they want to solidify this "HOBO" Eren people are all fanboying about.There is no right or wrong.Its a useless fight in which humanity will lose.I was able to sympathize with Reiner till a certain extent.He was brainwashed.But Eren he knows everything,so atleast he is conscious about what he is doing and accepting it even then makes him a monster,not like Erwin who achieved a greater win for humanity while sacrificing a few,but a one who will achieve nothing but destruction

The definition of protagonists has nothing to do with Hero or villain.
Jan 13, 2021 12:22 AM

Oct 2013
Lol op you better delete this thread before you get indirectly spoiled.
Jan 13, 2021 12:22 AM
Nov 2018
After epsiode 5 Eren became the best protagonist
Jan 13, 2021 12:27 AM

May 2019
Johan3333 said:
Zener said:

The definition of protagonists has nothing to do with Hero or villain.

Well I did mention "for me" right.
Jan 13, 2021 12:45 AM
Mar 2020
I don't know,(and honestly don't care what you think) about eren and the choices that he made in the latest episode but tell me what do you think about:
When reiner(at the heart of it),bertholdt and annie killed marco so mercilessly..
When annie literally trampled over the entire levi squad killing so many soldiers..
When bertholdt attacked Wall Maria dropping huge chunks of wall on so many other innocent people, with Titans swarming inside and devouring innocent people.
When zeke killed so many soldiers who charged blindly and many others..
It's not the first time in anime that so many people were killed for not so logical reason behind it,but take Askeladd from vinland saga, I haven't seen a more ruthless character with so much twisted ideals in anime and yet people love him so much, wonder why??
Jan 13, 2021 12:48 AM
Feb 2018
Here we go again
Another trash thread
Jan 13, 2021 12:53 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, this post is just awful. There is a hell of a lot more context to his actions and decisions later on, but it shouldn't even need much explaining, even now. The series isn't even trying to paint him as a good guy anyway.

Also, if his actions bother you now, I seriously don't know how you're even going to begin to cope later on lol

Jan 13, 2021 12:58 AM

Jun 2020
Disgusting brainwashed Marleyans must perish, they died in the holy hands of Eren himself, they should be thankful. On the other hand, people like you should be titanized and thrown out in the wild, disgusting.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 13, 2021 1:00 AM

Dec 2020
The protagonists who dont want to hurt people are just fucking dumb and annoying yeah fuck u Midoriya,Asta and they have not gone through same shit as Eren
Shinzou Sasageyo!!!
Jan 13, 2021 1:05 AM

Mar 2018
It always astounds me when people make threads like this. If you can’t handle the moral complexity of the situation and if you’re unable to view the incident through the POV of Eren and his comrades then is this even the show for you? Have you been sleeping since season 1? Must everything be a simple battle between good and evil? The show stopped being morally black and white a long ass time ago dude, holy fuck.

Have you been paying attention?

What Reiner, Bertolt and Annie did was also mass murder but now that we understand their reasoning from their POV (of how they thought it was genuinely the way to save humanity alongside the fact that we now know how badly indoctrinated they were) it’s far easier to sympathise with them. In the same vain, what Eren is currently doing is in his eyes their only way to ensure the survival of the Eldians in Paradis island from the inevitable invasion by the Marleyans and damn near everyone else... which you know is what Willy Tybur just declared moments before Erens transformation... yet you’re here confused as why to Eren transformed.

Transforming and eliminating everyone in that vicinity is the most logical thing he could have done considering the audience consisted of several important figures from various nations who were all going to help in the invasion. The collateral damage that you’re so bent over is a result of that. Not ‘mass murder for no reason’. If you genuinely think Eren transformed to kill everyone for no reason... dude just go watch another show. Go watch Power Rangers or someshit.

Recommend me some short Manga!

Jan 13, 2021 1:07 AM

Dec 2019
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

'He killed a innocent family' bro he destroyed a whole resident building. Probably around 300 people were in that building not just a family.

If you think that this is not good, you should see for the coming up episodes bro. Even then bro, a protag killing people does not immediatly conclude him being the worst protag og all time.

Jeez another poopoo thread...
Jan 13, 2021 1:10 AM

Mar 2018
Attackonfiller said:
Damn, this post is just awful. There is a hell of a lot more context to his actions and decisions later on, but it shouldn't even need much explaining, even now. The series isn't even trying to paint him as a good guy anyway.

Also, if his actions bother you now, I seriously don't know how you're even going to begin to cope later on lol

Honestly, the entirety of the preceding three seasons is context enough to understand the reasoning behind Eren’s actions in this prior episode. I mean, the literal scene of Willy Tybur calling for the destruction of Paradis Island seconds before he transformed is enough context to understand why Eren is doing what he’s doing.

It’s like if someone makes a speech that they’re going to punch me in the face and moments before they actually do I punch them first.

Recommend me some short Manga!

Jan 13, 2021 1:11 AM

Dec 2019
Slick-Mick101 said:
I'd take characters like eren rather than the likes of deku or tanjiro tbh

I totally agree with you, I thought Eren was one of the best characters in anime.
Jan 13, 2021 1:12 AM

Mar 2016
There are worst mcs than him like Satou, Tatsuhiro from Welcome to NHK.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 13, 2021 1:13 AM
Jan 2019
Bro, you sound like a damn child only capable of viewing things in black and white, funnily enough, just like early Eren. Go back to watching Ben 10.
Jan 13, 2021 1:15 AM
Oct 2016
xiliaw said:

Sorry for Eren not being like Naruto or something.

Eren is in my eyes a top 5 Protagonist in Fiction and that what he is doing is morally evil, and that makes him interesting
Jan 13, 2021 1:18 AM
Sep 2018
being evil doesnt make him a bad protagonist. it just makes him evil or a villain lol.

im pretty sure youve confused between the words protagonist and hero
Jan 13, 2021 1:24 AM
Sep 2019
Dude just wait for it.
Jan 13, 2021 1:32 AM
Dec 2019
dude it's an anime character an ANIME FUCKING CHARACTER. it's not like he killed anyone in the real world this is just his development and just saying there are many great characters who kill in anime but because they kill they dont become bad and insane as you said, you have to see past the actions of anime characters if you want to really understand bruh
Jan 13, 2021 1:33 AM

Nov 2018
It's fictional, who tf cares?

Many of us can name thousands of different protagonists that are worse than Eren.

Think before you post.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jan 13, 2021 1:37 AM

Oct 2014
You havent watched many anime. Theres a lot of worst anime protagonist. I can name a few example of worst character than Eren.

The guy from Oreimo.
The guy from Rent a gf.
Rito from To Love Ru
Jan 13, 2021 1:42 AM
Feb 2020
Rito from to love RU, Makoto from school days and Taboo tatoo protag. justice are the worst protagonist
Jan 13, 2021 1:42 AM

Jan 2020
So LIGHT is a bad protagonist to you?
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 13, 2021 1:43 AM

May 2020
Zener said:

Isn't the explanation already there ? The Willy guy literally declared an all out war on Paradise . What do you think he should do ? Sit down and wait until they kill him ? As the episode said , all the military generals and important people were gathered there and the Warhammer titan is there as well . If you look at it from Eren's perspective , killing all of them would very beneficial in the long run . It would reduce Marley's power at least for a while . Yes there were a lot of civilian casualties and it could even be said as a war crime . His actions aren't justifiable but they are certainly understandable .
" I keep moving forward , until my enemies are destroyed "
His line explains everything . It looks like there would never be peace between Marley and Paradise . He can only fight against them at this point .He willingly decided to put his freedom and that of his people above everything else even at the risk of sacrificing innocents .
Nyess_Jan 13, 2021 1:57 AM

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 13, 2021 1:45 AM
Oct 2016
I wondering what is your reaction after watching ep 6 next week, just reminding, this is tragedy anime from the 1st episode season 1, you cant expect happy and fun ending, there are no heroes and villain from this point, this isnt shounen mainstream anime like naruto and mha.
Jan 13, 2021 1:45 AM
Aug 2016
I can already see Twitter SJWs virtue signaling like this in the future episodes XD
Jan 13, 2021 1:51 AM
Apr 2020
Eren is not a bad protagonist at all. He is just decent when we first saw eren he was this young kid dedicated to killing all the titans his time as a good guy as i remembered he was always outshined by other characters ex. Mikasa,levi
He was mostly outshined thru the 1st 2 seasons but when he changed into a bad guy/villain is when he truly shined so as a protagonist he was decent or meh but as a villain i think he is a very good villain
Jan 13, 2021 1:59 AM
Oct 2018
xiliaw said:

This is where almost every single manga reader started loving his character. This is where he transforms from a good main character to a GOAT character. Your take is so trash that I will have to write lots of text walls to explain stuff. But believe whatever you want to believe. Eren is the GOAT.
Jan 13, 2021 2:00 AM

Sep 2016
I don't know about anyone else but for me, EVERY upcoming scene that has Eren Yeager never misses. He completely steals the spotlight in every panel and has this menacing aura to him.
Jan 13, 2021 2:00 AM
Jun 2019
Wasn't this made very clear in his conversation with Reiner with dialogues like "I am the same as you.", "The same reason as you, because I didn't have a choice. " "I keep moving forward." "Till I destroy my enemies.". Eren was justifying what he was going to do by stating the fact that reiner did the exact same things. Reiner and Bertholdt ate the same food as Eren and the others, slept under the same roof as them and still destroyed the walls for the second time even after spending 5 years with them back in S1 because they had no choice. Eren used the best chance he got to take out willy taybur and a majority of the Marley's top brass, he couldn't wait to think about the innocents just like Reiner because in the end he didn't have a choice.
Jan 13, 2021 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
eren jaeger is the best anime protagonist of all time change my mind
Jan 13, 2021 2:18 AM
Jul 2019
With respect,you might have failed to understand that there is no black and white concept in aot right now. Aot is a story that throws morals out of the window and rightfully so, in a world where circumstances and history drives characters' motives and ultimately their ideology. Which is apparent with the character development seen in eren.

Floch mentions about Commander Erwin being a "devil",who sacrificed a lot of his subordinates to achieve his goal of finding out the truth about the world and in the process losing his humanity( as in losing his morals). Despite his questionable methods, he was able to bring humanity and himself closer to the truth about the world( which was achieved by his "immoral sacrifices "). One of Aot's strength lies in its characters and how they are shaped and presented through their ideologies.

Eren himself has become another "devil" that is driven by his own ideology of freedom where he is bound by nothing but his own will to live as he pleases. The whole history of marleyans and eldians and their subjugation of each other throughout history and him being directly affected by it obviously restricts his 'freedom '. When he refers to the enemies across the sea he's alluding to the obstacles that stand in the way of his freedom . He'd always imagined that the payoff after killing all the titans would be where he'd explore the outside world freely without his obstacles at the time ,ie titans. Character evaluation doesn't necessarily depend on a protagonist having good or bad morals. It's how the characterization of a certain main or even a side character evolves consistently through various situations that the author creates. And with this , isayama has managed to make Eren's character so much more sophisticated and fleshed out. So in terms of character writing and characterization with eren, he is written pretty well . I could provide more examples but I don't want to spoil the manga.

Yes,he has now killed innocent people but given his characterization and how it has evolved throughout the story, you're quite mistaken to call Eren a bad protagonist just because he's a protagonist that has killed people. He has done something immoral yet his characterization justifies his actions and from a story writing perspective , he is far from a bad protagonist.
Mayu_jamirJan 13, 2021 2:21 AM
Jan 13, 2021 2:18 AM
Jun 2019
You sound like an overly sensitive person. Either that or you are a child.
Jan 13, 2021 2:20 AM
Oct 2020
Did you really forget about fucking Light Yagami? A teenager who decided to kill every criminal in the world because he saw himself as a God and Justice?

Eren definitely isn't one of your great heroes who won't kill, but he also doesn't live in a world that allows him to live by those standards. And try to remember your own words cause there's always a reason for everything
Jan 13, 2021 2:20 AM

May 2019
I’m just going to assume that this was supposed to be a (bad) joke.

"𝘚𝘰 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘀𝘡𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘒𝘢𝘡π˜ͺ𝘧𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘡𝘡𝘦𝘳𝘺
𝘞𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦π˜₯ 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘦𝘯π˜₯𝘦π˜₯ 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘒𝘴𝘺
𝘐𝘡'𝘴 𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘳𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘧𝘒𝘀𝘦, 𝘒𝘭𝘭
𝘨𝘰𝘭π˜₯𝘦𝘯 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘨𝘰π˜₯𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦
π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘒π˜₯ 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 π˜₯𝘒𝘺 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘯π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡
𝘐𝘡 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘡𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘒𝘯
𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺, 𝘒 π˜₯𝘰𝘰𝘳 π˜ͺ𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨"

✭
Jan 13, 2021 2:21 AM
Sep 2020
Yes he is. I read the manga, and I can't stand him. I understand the mangaka is trying to capture a corruption arc, but it's soooo badly done. Eren is just an annoying emo boy that cannot shut up about fREeDoM. P. S : Gaby is also annoying tho
Jan 13, 2021 2:24 AM
Dec 2020
Man I don't know what people are thinking!
Have they forgotten the first 3 seasons!!
How much these people have tormented paradis, Eren and every single person we have ever gotten attached to. You're talking about an innocent family, how many innocent families were destroyed by ELDIANS under Marley's command.
Why does a protagonist have to be bound by your ideals of what kindness is?
Jan 13, 2021 2:29 AM
Feb 2020
If it's not clear at this point, Eren is no longer intended to be the protagonist. Where season 4 starts is where it ceases to be Eren's story. The focus has not shifted back towards Eren in the manga either, and I doubts the anime will make the rest of the season focus on Eren some more. If anything, he has become the antagonist, and will remain as such for the rest of the manga and anime.
Jan 13, 2021 2:29 AM

Feb 2008
"Is eren jaeger the worst anime protagonist of all time?"

School Days is a thing.
Jan 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Jan 2009
he intend to kill them all anyway so ye is becoming evil or anti-hero at best

"i will keep moving forward until i destroy all my enemies" - Eren
"if we kill all our enemies over there, will we finally be free" - Eren

Jan 13, 2021 2:54 AM
Oct 2016
It's not like he doesn't have any reasons or past geEz why some of y'all just want to label him as the worst when there are characters there who's killing just because they want to.
Jan 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
AsteriaMitzou said:
It's not like he doesn't have any reasons or past geEz why some of y'all just want to label him as the worst when there are characters there who's killing just because they want to.

Eren was shown to be a good person with strong sense of justice right from the start so this switch to his behavior is a betrayal to his character so a lot of people are just not accepting of the new Eren
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 24, 2021

987 by L1on777 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 17, 2021

1047 by L1on777 »»
Today, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

987 by L1on777 »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by campx »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2020

462 by L1on777 »»
Oct 17, 11:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.