Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2018 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was so cute, I hope some time in the future it gets the same treatment as Little Witch Academia and Death Billiards and gets its own series, tho I have been waiting for the same of Tansu Warashi.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Mar 19, 2020 2:20 AM

Jun 2017
where on earth can you watch this? i've done a good amount of searching and found nothing
Apr 15, 2020 6:12 AM

Mar 2016
Is it available somewhere?

Oct 21, 2020 10:51 PM

Sep 2010
it's finally available with subs on nyaa.si (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
Aug 4, 2022 8:04 PM

Nov 2012
I am not in the target audience for this anime.

Not because it's for children, oh no. On the contrary, the best thing I got out of this was a quick Japanese color lesson and some fun animation. No, this anime isn't for me because I've actually lived in the city and the country, and also know how being a freelance artist works. And this combination of knowledge gave me no choice but to hate with a burning passion the character this movie apparently expects my sympathy to be with: Himeno's father.

"Oh, I'm going to move my young child away from a walkable environment and her social circle to a dilapidated house in the middle of nowhere because I'm spellbound by the romanticism of the country. My excuse is I want a bigger studio for my art, despite the fact that I've barely gotten my career off the ground, but I'm still going to act like we absolutely had to move because of my job. Oh, and I'm so desperate for this that I bought a house that's falling apart so badly that if some weird colorful butt ninjas hadn't shown up, we would have lived in squalor at best or died at worst."

Most other people probably won't be filled with the passionate ire for a kids' parents in a silly cartoon about the color wheel, and I am aware how ridiculous I likely sound if anybody ever reads this, but here I am saying Himeno was right: She should be able to spend time with her friends at a convenience store.

Cities are good, actually. Also, they happen to be where most artists live because there are actually, you know, other people to sell their artwork to. Just saying.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.