Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2020 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
When Goku first goes super saiyan what we are seeing is not just him screaming and straining as if trying to drop a great duke, it is the maximisation of his chi/ki/energy/nen/aura/chakra/reiatsu through the use of breathing techniques.
Increased oxygen supply to the body = increased heart rate = increased flow of energy and conversion of potential energy to kinetic energy in the body = increase in mental alertness and fighting ability.

The increase in the length of his hair as he goes super saiyan 3 signifies his increased intuitive abilities. long hair is said to increase intuition. Intuition is just the sum of all the 5 senses. Long hair acts as an extension of the pyhsical body, like a blind man using a seeing stick, thus increasing one's intuitive abilities, aka maximising his sensory perception, thus increasing his reaction time, thus his fighting ability.

Luffy's gear second uses the same principles, so next time you see a character getting stronger by screaming, they're actually using secret breathing techniques.
Konbu is important
Jan 5, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2013
So basically all anime powers are Hamon with extra steps, got it.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 5, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Tranny said:

lol

--------------------------
Jan 5, 2020 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
Alpha_Tranny said:
No, basically they're breathing exercises used in conjunctuion with the sublimation of an emotion into physical action.

When Goku does the genki dama or spirit bomb for dubheads, he is internalising the energy and emotions communicated to him by all living things, and transforming it into his attack.
Idle_HandsJan 5, 2020 11:40 AM
Konbu is important
Jan 5, 2020 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
but ichigo doesn't scream when he uses the last getsuga tenshou. You're putting too much into it. Basically, the authors just set on a table with beers in front of them and talked about how should their main character win the fight, you can apply this to almost all battle shonen anime/manga and I don't think it's a problem per se, it's fun this way.
Jan 5, 2020 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
breathing techniques so Demon Slayer was right to focus on it then

"breathing techniques make humans demonically strong" - Stone Pillar

degJan 5, 2020 12:08 PM
Jan 5, 2020 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
So i need to grow my hair and scream more to be stronger, got it.
Jan 5, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
Catalano said:
but ichigo doesn't scream when he uses the last getsuga tenshou. You're putting too much into it. Basically, the authors just set on a table with beers in front of them and talked about how should their main character win the fight, you can apply this to almost all battle shonen anime/manga and I don't think it's a problem per se, it's fun this way.

These are creations of Japanese peepo, asians are the wisest beings on the planet, who have an intrinsic understanding of the physical world, much less complicated than western sciences. These concepts of chi, ki, etc are based in reality and come from Asian countries way before anime was a thing. Getsuga tensho is something different. XD

Fantasy is inspired by reality. They didn't decide to have the mc win the fight by literally taking a big dump, because that's absurd. Use of the breath and voice is prevalent in martial arts and many other physical stuff.

@deg yh I thought it was obvious that these things have basis in reality.
Idle_HandsJan 5, 2020 12:17 PM
Konbu is important
Jan 5, 2020 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
SuperHands said:
Catalano said:

These are creations of Japanese peepo, asians are the wisest beings on the planet, who have an intrinsic understanding of the physical world, much less complicated than western sciences. These concepts of chi, ki, etc are based in reality and come from Asian countries way before anime was a thing. Getsuga tensho is something different. XD

so some anime take this breathing examples yet others don't. Then why did you include the reiatsu if Ichigo's situation is different? And in kimetsu no yaiba I agree with the breathing stuff but tanjiro won against rui because he remembered a random dance, he was out of power and the demon had years of exp and eating humans, probably marechi too. Anyway, I think you over exaggerate
Jan 5, 2020 4:06 PM

May 2013
FlowersInTheRain said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

lol

--------------------------

Glad someone here has a high enough IQ to get my really bad Rick and Morty reference.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 5, 2020 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
@alpha_tranny Well I wasn't sure but now I'm really glad that it was! Now I just need to get a high enough IQ to find the show that your forum set is based on lol.

OT: In alot of anime it seems to me that there is no rhyme or reason with super powers. They seem to just make it up as they go along.
Jan 5, 2020 4:36 PM

Oct 2018
FlowersInTheRain said:
@alpha_tranny Well I wasn't sure but now I'm really glad that it was! Now I just need to get a high enough IQ to find the show that your forum set is based on lol.

OT: In alot of anime it seems to me that there is no rhyme or reason with super powers. They seem to just make it up as they go along.

To be fair super powers themselves are not based on reason either. The most the author can do is use pseudoscience to explain how they work.
Jan 5, 2020 5:35 PM

May 2013
FlowersInTheRain said:

I am surprised you don't know what Hazbin Hotel is. It's an either love it or hate it thing but I enjoyed it quite alot (obviously)

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 7, 2020 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
You folks have absolutely no imagination
Catalano said:
SuperHands said:

so some anime take this breathing examples yet others don't. Then why did you include the reiatsu if Ichigo's situation is different? And in kimetsu no yaiba I agree with the breathing stuff but tanjiro won against rui because he remembered a random dance, he was out of power and the demon had years of exp and eating humans, probably marechi too. Anyway, I think you over exaggerate

I cannot speak for the anime you mentioned, however it's no secret that new anime is just rehashed old anime with much less substance. Dragon Ball is the father of Shounen therefore all screaming characters are copies of Son Goku. Meaning becomes lost and distorted, and nowadays a character might scream because the meme/trope has spread from Dragon Ball, but the writer or director doesn't necessarily understand the meaning behind it. Reiatsu is basically the same as ki and all the other energetic concepts that I mentioned. Getsuga tenshou is more like a mix between Son Goku's genki dama and Gon from Hunter x hunter
Konbu is important

More topics from this board

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

135 by Jeevanandhnr »»
6 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

104 by SaltyCookie »»
15 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

12 by Theo1899 »»
27 minutes ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 11 hours ago

12 by DigiCat »»
1 hour ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

77 by _--UwU--_ »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.