Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2017 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
What did just happened? How the hell did kaneki lost??
Oct 2, 2017 6:36 AM
Aug 2009
hpsthemaskedman said:
Kaneki is like Arima with kakuja...Who can defeat the hell out of him ?

Well Suzuya and Hanbe..Fuck.Fuck.Fuck

And who the hell is this ?

Most likely those two on the right from the Zero Squad:

I really liked them :/
Oct 2, 2017 6:50 AM

Mar 2016
as long as I get to see more Furuta I'll be happy
Oct 2, 2017 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
-Grapeboy- said:
Schnarf said:
i cant even with this series anymore. the decline in quality has been staggering.

if this is setting up a part 3, i think ill hold off on reading it until its finished
tg:re (up to the current chapter) is much better than the original tg lol

Re: was way better
Oct 2, 2017 6:58 AM

Jan 2010
On second thought, I like this chapter than the other expected route where kaneki "save the day"

3rd part is guaranteed at this point. We still know nothing about Hide and his rebellion gang like Urie, Marude, Matsuri, (Saiko, Amon, Akira)

Also, is Mutsuki really dead just like that? I thought his story is unfinished.

I really grown to like Furuta as a villain as well
Oct 2, 2017 7:14 AM

Apr 2016
"It wasn't supposed to turn out like this."
My mind is fucked.
Oct 2, 2017 7:16 AM
Apr 2017
People calm down, too many unresolved questions, missing characters etc, it cant end now...story will turn into good or bad way, last chapter will tell us, but lets be hyped for new manga !
Oct 2, 2017 7:17 AM

May 2017
I'm speechless, surprised and confused. I don't know what to think about what just happened :|
Oct 2, 2017 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, just imagine the battle. Not only Kaneki got fucked up, both Suzuya and Hanbee as well. It was 3v1 but still amazing win for Furuta and his team.

Despair again hits poor Kaneki, can't wait for next chapter.
Oct 2, 2017 7:20 AM

Sep 2008
My first "Hated it".
It's stupid.
Ishida is completely lost.
Oct 2, 2017 7:22 AM

Nov 2014
-Grapeboy- said:
Schnarf said:
i cant even with this series anymore. the decline in quality has been staggering.

if this is setting up a part 3, i think ill hold off on reading it until its finished

XD nice fucking meme

NimuraFuruta29 said:
-Grapeboy- said:

Re: was way better

If your definition of ''way better'' means shitty writing and sidelining interesting and major characters, then sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 7:29 AM

Mar 2016
@Kvothe51

Don't talk about shitty writing when you have Shingeki no Kyojin in your favorite anime list
Oct 2, 2017 7:32 AM

Nov 2014
NimuraFuruta29 said:
@Kvothe51

Don't talk about shitty writing when you have Shingeki no Kyojin in your favorite anime list

Solid argument man

I shall change my ways
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2016
Kvothe51 said:
NimuraFuruta29 said:
@Kvothe51

Solid argument man

I shall change my ways

understandable, have a great day
Oct 2, 2017 7:42 AM

Nov 2014
-Grapeboy- said:
NimuraFuruta29 said:
@Kvothe51

or toradora, or zankyou no terror lool

Even more solid arguments!

You should run for president. I doubt any other candidate could keep up with you in a debate.
Oct 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
Remember guys. Arima died for this.

Let that sink in.
Oct 2, 2017 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:

Let that sink in.

It feels like he spawned this chapter just for the sake "muh bad ending"

I mean what the hell was the point of building and hyping kekneki during this whole time ?
Oct 2, 2017 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
Let me guess this will turn out to be Uta trolling everyone? Either way i honestly don't care anymore at this point. All this content offscreen battles, last min savings and fake deads are guetting anoying.
Oct 2, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
I'm shocked, but people are judging too quickly. The fight was intentionally off screened as both the viewer and Kaneki don't know what happened (as he was insane), and we've yet to see where this takes the story. Based on what actually happened and future developments, this could be genius writing so I wouldn't judge this chapter harshly yet.
Oct 2, 2017 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
seriously though, anyone else wonder if kaneki's father will actually play a part in the story ever?
Oct 2, 2017 8:26 AM

Apr 2014
loli_a_ravioli said:
Z4k said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JyOSJpV.jpg[img]

Let that sink in.

It feels like he spawned this chapter just for the sake "muh bad ending"

I mean what the hell was the point of building and hyping kekneki during this whole time ?

I refuse to believe this chapter was written by the same guy that wrote the original TG and the first half of :re, unless it was just a delusion in Kaneki's mind since he was thinking of possible outcomes in the first panels. Heck in the last chapter, we learn that Hinami wanted to stay by Kaneki's side and fight alongside him but here she just leaves Kaneki alone there without saying a word. We already know she wouldn't do that if you look back to :re's chapter 30 when she saves Kaneki from Seidou.

But hey if I ended up being wrong then my god this has to be the worst chapter Ishida has written.
Z4KOct 2, 2017 8:29 AM
Oct 2, 2017 8:26 AM
Oct 2017
I think Ishida is portraying true despair in these panels.

We see Kaneki feeling confident, ready to go into battle, seemingly learning from the mistakes of his path, wanting.. change. And what are we conditioned to expect? Kaneki going in, saving the day, dramatic verbal exchanges, albeit a tad bit too idealistic. Maybe he has to make tough decisions, maybe he makes the wrong ones, maybe all he gets are more regrets to revisit in his nightmares.

Well, but what this chapter asserts that, is that even that.. is a luxury. You know the choices you had. You know how you fell. You understand how the events transpired, be it for better or worse. But no. Reality is grim. Reality does not owe you an explanation. Many people complain that this is bad storytelling. But reality doesn't make for a good story. Reality is wholly out of man's control, or even an organization for that matter. It will never relent, eventually throwing you off, not because it wants to, but because it just unfeelingly will.

What do you guys feel about this chapter? Frustrated? Then it is because you know not of which this chapter signifies. In short, you have never despaired. The unfamiliarity of this concept irks you, and the uneasiness turns to rage. Maybe you have felt sad once, a bit under the weather. But you have never felt the unfairness of this world, spitting into your face against your best efforts. That powerlessness.

Kaneki tried his best to control his fate, to get stronger, to effect his idea of justice, making the wrong parts of this world right. And after an entire season, what he has to show for it is a defeat which he doesn't even earn the right to understand.

This chapter in my opinion is beautiful, as it is painfully real. Ishida might be lazy, no doubt, losing his touch as some might add, but wouldn't his lacklustre attitude towards writing this chapter personify his own despair? That cold smack of reality that puts Ishida in his place everytime he tries, and he attempting to express it in the form of an off-screen defeat for us.

Maybe Ishida is a sad man, and a genius mangaka for that matter.
Oct 2, 2017 8:39 AM
Sep 2011
I dropped this manga for a long time, because I've thought it is a joke and thanks GOD it is a big Joke.

Tokyo Sh*t
Oct 2, 2017 8:45 AM
Jan 2016
next issue kaneki being reverse raped by tooru while his arm and leg still being cut off ,and maybe tooru cut our touka baby out and show it kaneki (i can't believe i think like this even though i don't want to but this is tokyo ghoul anything can happend right?
Oct 2, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2016
So this series is going to finish in 144 chapters like the original series did huh?

AND Kaneki died again. ORZ
Oct 2, 2017 9:04 AM
Sep 2017
I'm confused. What the hell happened between chapter 142 and 143? So much info missing. How and what made Kaneki return? Why is this chapter full of holes? Are we missing something in between????
Oct 2, 2017 9:05 AM
Sep 2017
Hail-2U said:
So this series is going to finish in 144 chapters like the original series did huh?

Wow. I didn't know there was only 1 more chapter left. There is a sequel right?
Oct 2, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2016
Sendhu said:
Hail-2U said:

The title for the next chapter, 144, is "end credits" so I assume it is actually over next week.

As for a sequel... who knows. I mean I didn't really expect RE after Tokyo Ghoul so there's no telling.
Oct 2, 2017 9:15 AM

Jan 2010
Hail-2U said:
Sendhu said:

The title for the next chapter, 144, is "end credits" so I assume it is actually over next week.

As for a sequel... who knows. I mean I didn't really expect RE after Tokyo Ghoul so there's no telling.

At this point, there's no way there wouldn't be a sequel. Too much questions left unanswered.

The ending of this is exactly like TG, Kaneki trying to save everyone by himself, and he failed. So it rings to Furuta's saying, that in the end, Kaneki is still haven't changed, his fatal flaws is still there. And so he made the same mistake again. Just like Furuta expected.
Oct 2, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2016
Shicchi said:
Hail-2U said:

At this point, there's no way there wouldn't be a sequel. Too much questions left unanswered.

The ending of this is exactly like TG, Kaneki trying to save everyone by himself, and he failed. So it rings to Furuta's saying, that in the end, Kaneki is still haven't changed, his fatal flaws is still there. And so he made the same mistake again. Just like Furuta expected.

Honestly though even if there is a sequel how long before the exact same thing happens? The original questions get answered but then there's new ones but I won't even lie though.. I kind of want a sequel just so all the loose plots will be kinda closed.
Oct 2, 2017 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Don’t tell me that in part 3, the baby of Kaneki & Touka will the new MC and will be the actual one-eyed king...
Oct 2, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
There's gonna be an announcement concerning Tokyo Ghoul in the next chapter, either we get a new anime or there's gonna be Tokyo Ghoul: Next Generation after al.

Oct 2, 2017 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
There's gonna be an announcement concerning Tokyo Ghoul in the next chapter, either we get a new anime or there's gonna be Tokyo Ghoul: Next Generation after al.

Source for the announcement.

https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/914821281370980353

Yep. That's it. :Re's going to end in the next issue.
Oct 2, 2017 9:43 AM
Jan 2016
BS!!!!!!!!!
Anticlamactic as fuck!
Ishida is just doing the same thing he did with the first TG manga only this felt alot more rushed
Oct 2, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2010
IomMeza said:
Don’t tell me that in part 3, the baby of Kaneki & Touka will the new MC and will be the actual one-eyed king...

Oh god that would be a fucking nightmare. I trust Ishida to not pull that kind of crap.

I read a theory on tumblr about the possibility of a 3rd part EVEN BEFORE this chapter released. It's just a crazy theory but now after this chapter, it's actually plausible.

It's just a wish and semi-joke theory. Because we Hide fans need to know his side of the story, so we entertained the idea of a third part with Hide as the protagonist. The third part will be from Hide's POV, started from his side of story from the first part. Where and what he's been doing all this time. WHAT he really is. How the hell he manage to infiltrate the auction, as a human, without attracting the ghouls by his human smell? He is definitely not a ghoul either because he lost his voice.

This chapter was really unexpected, but it's not like I didn't consider the possibility of Kaneki's death. I just didn't expect the war to end that one-sided.

I'm gonna bet 3rd part is a given, and if it turned out, next chapter really the end of the whole series and Ishida plan to wrap everything in one chapter,... I don't know what to think...

Hail-2U said:

Honestly though even if there is a sequel how long before the exact same thing happens? The original questions get answered but then there's new ones but I won't even lie though.. I kind of want a sequel just so all the loose plots will be kinda closed.

I think if there would really be a sequel, it's gonna be from a new character point of view, just like at the beginning of tgre, Haise Sasaki (at least Haise consider himself as different person than Kaneki and vice versa)
And this final installment would be the "answer", the things outside Kaneki's POV, about the underground ghouls, the OEK, Naga, origin of Washuu, V, etc. Everything that Kaneki didn't know, things that would put everything together, and close the loose plots for good.
Oct 2, 2017 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
This manga really plummeted down in quality ever since le ebin meme man Furuta huh? Oh well. What enrages me isn't that Kaneki lost, but that he lost like that. Most users must feel 'cucked' now, for lack of a better word.

TG:Re really is a fucked up joke.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 2, 2017 10:11 AM

Mar 2013
Wtf did I read ??

Is tihs dream or something? Man, It can't be real. Is this part of Kaneki's imagination? I mean, ''what would happen if I went back?'' or sth like that...

Oct 2, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
I'm genuinely laughing now. Next chapter end credits? WTF Ishida
Oct 2, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
I hope they give a more detailed version regarding Kaneki...

"What the actual fuck?" is also a similar impression I got from this chapter.
Oct 2, 2017 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
so many salties raging and flaming ishida and his writing for this chapter when nothing is certain atm.. it's hilarious.

manga's not over just yet, stop crying.
Living is a velleity, because ice cream is life.

Oct 2, 2017 10:39 AM

Nov 2016
Top 5 Tokyo Ghoul chapters.
Oct 2, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
This chapter was amazing. But I see so many people calling it the worst. I would not mind waiting for a sequel. It's something most people are used to nowadays. Kaneki with Game Over was seriously unexpected. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Haters should just stick to mangas simpler to understand. I recall the fight between Kaneki and Arima in TG being overlooked which did not stop TG RE to unravel more with more information. A fight being skipped does not mean erased from the story. That's not Ishida being lazy, that's storytelling.
Oct 2, 2017 12:42 PM
Oct 2017
I hate when important fights get offscreen'd. So... Yeah, I disliked this chapter a LOT. Since Ishida is a good writer I'm hoping for some explaining next chapter, because if there is not something to make up for what happened this week, then chapter 143 is just going to be a bad chapter
BassaniOct 2, 2017 12:50 PM
Oct 2, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
I honestly thought this couldn't get any worse, and yet it did. LOL

Pt.1 was so engaging yet pt.2 just progressively got worse and worse. Never have I been so disappointed in a manga.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 2, 2017 12:55 PM

Jan 2010
Minami-Nan said:
This chapter was amazing. But I see so many people calling it the worst. I would not mind waiting for a sequel. It's something most people are used to nowadays. Kaneki with Game Over was seriously unexpected. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Haters should just stick to mangas simpler to understand. I recall the fight between Kaneki and Arima in TG being overlooked which did not stop TG RE to unravel more with more information. A fight being skipped does not mean erased from the story. That's not Ishida being lazy, that's storytelling.

Agreed. Some people got mad because of the off screen fight.
I think it gave more impact to the shock. It's a great decision to leave out the fight. Especially given the fact that's it's from Kaneki's POV, which we all already knows, is pretty unreliable when he lose control.

At first I was pretty shocked and heartbroken for Kaneki. He sufferred too much. But I realized this route is 100x times better than the expected route of Kaneki saving the day.

I would only rage if next chapter is truly the last chapter of the whole series without any explanations on Hide's terrorist group, Amon, Uta and the clowns, OEK, underground ghouls, etc.
Oct 2, 2017 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
Kvothe51 said:
Even if this is all a big bamboozle, it's still shit.

How did we go from TG and the first 60 chapters of :re, to this? lol

Every time I read a new TG Re: chapter I ask myself this.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 2, 2017 1:04 PM

Mar 2017
Ishida's character design always makes it hard for me to tell who is who. Can anyone tell me who the two severed heads were?

I honestly enjoy the tragedy in Tokyo Ghoul, it makes it enjoyable.
LunarPisces1Oct 2, 2017 1:11 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 75 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

111 by almightybismarck »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2016

102 by almightybismarck »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.