Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2016 3:52 AM
Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And the conclusion…! Episode 42 and 43 really just flew by. Constant action!

Spoilers for the episode:

After all that fighting it’ll be interesting to see where they pick up next week.

Spoilers for the "big announcement" at the end of the episode:
Sep 15, 2016 7:42 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode, everyone working in unison to reach the goal. Bonus points for the Viola/Grant shiptease! And the back to back Champion shot.

Anyway, whilst Zygarde (who still looks like a digimon) did manage to defeat Lysandre and that gem fusion thingi. Miare city is still in ruins. So that is going to get adressed sooner or later... Celebrations are in order though

The big question now that popped up is; will Lysandre keep on chilling with Pokemon Hunter J in the ''dead or alive?'' zone., or will he pop up soon.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 15, 2016 8:16 AM

Dec 2013
This chapter was nuts, completely paid off!
PUNI CHANNNNN! T.T
Sep 15, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
I didn't let any tears shed when puni-chan and eureka said goodbye I swear ;~;

Sep 15, 2016 10:43 AM
Apr 2016
Having watched this.

Wasn't this supposed to be that moment that Gojika predicted?

The impact that both satoshi & gekouga had was kind of underwelming.....
Sep 15, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2015
They killed Lysandre in Perfect Cell's style.
Comparison: https://twitter.com/Otaku_DJK1NG/status/776519900953128960
Sep 15, 2016 4:11 PM

Jan 2016
Well, this was a fair conclusion after the disappointment of the Kalos League. It was Ash best performance so far in the whole series.

Punkbeetle said:
The big question now that popped up is; will Lysandre keep on chilling with Pokemon Hunter J in the ''dead or alive?'' zone., or will he pop up soon.

It's pretty much like his game counterpart, in any case that aspect was well done... It will remain as a mystery
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 15, 2016 9:19 PM

Apr 2016
Welcome to my favorites list, XYZ. You've earned it.

There's never been an episode of Pokemon more epic than this, it went above and beyond expectations! The Kalos arc is sure to be remembered for years to come.
Got oppai?
Sep 16, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2011
This arc was amazing.One or may be the best Pokemon arc..
The entrance of the gym leaders was amazing and epic.
Sep 16, 2016 1:44 AM

Apr 2015
My mind was like "where is the rest of the elite 4!?"

But this has to be the best villain Arc ever.
Sep 16, 2016 4:16 AM
Dec 2013
Wow this episode was so epic ;_; I loved this arc, it's been one of the bests, if not the best for me.
Sep 16, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
This was so epic :'D.............. and then that shitty trailer -_-"
Sep 16, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2008
krisichiki said:
This was definitely the best climax the Pokemon anime has had, and perhaps the best villain team arc in general. It was intense, it had heartwarming moments, sad moments, epic moments.

There are a few things I didn't like (like Serena just sitting there) and I expected Ash and Greninja to have a bigger role in all this, but overall it was good and I'm willing to see past these little annoyances.

Serena wasn't just sitting there. She protected the non-combatants. She was the final line of defense for the defendless. Besides, with all respect given, she is arguably the weakest trainer there. Made sense to let her protect the girls.

Shimmylight said:
Having watched this.

Wasn't this supposed to be that moment that Gojika predicted?

The impact that both satoshi & gekouga had was kind of underwelming.....

She said they would be in the midst of things which became true. They also were the one to locate and mark Harimaron, the driving force behind that goliath. They also did their part vs Lysandre and during the mad dash reaching for the core.

Sure, I, too, had hoped for more but all things considered Ash is still a hero, again =p
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 16, 2016 4:00 PM

Aug 2016
Good god this was a spectacular special. So much happened it was unreal! The best moment for me would have to be the reappearances of all of the Gym Leaders. Plus the fight at the very end including all of them, that was epic. Also appreciated the hint towards a Viola-Grant ship too. :)

Whilst I find it a shame that the Team Flare arc is ending now, I know that this was a perfect ending to one of the best villain arcs in the whole anime. Especially after the fact I was bitter from the loss in the League + the fact that I kinda treated Team Flare like a joke in the games, this blew everything out of the water. Looking forward to what could be revealed in the next several episodes.

Unlikely, but possibly, I really hope Serena confesses to Ash. I get by the Sun & Moon teaser that she's probably going to leave but if she does reveal her crush to him, hands down, one of the best endings imo.
Forever wishing for an unrealistic Anime romance.
Sep 16, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2015
And thus the epic arc has finished! I loved how Zygarde 100% blew the shit out of...that giant rocky thing. I just adore its design, its mere prescence shows how powerful it is. Despite how short was its screen time, I feel satisfied about how things came out.
Everyone were helpful in one way or another, and that makes all even more epic. If only the Elite four had made an appearance...

Well, now we have like what, 5 or 6 episodes more? Until this season ends...it really makes me sad, but I guess everything has to come to an end sometime (I mean the season...who knows how many years the producers will exploit Ash).

Rip Lysandre, fuck TV Tokyo and its Sun & Moon childish season, hail Kalos Ash.
-Koga-Sep 16, 2016 8:27 PM
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Sep 17, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2016
-Koga- said:
And thus the epic arc has finished! I loved how Zygarde 100% blew the shit out of...that giant rocky thing. I just adore its design, its mere prescence shows how powerful it is. Despite how short was its screen time, I feel satisfied about how things came out.
Everyone were helpful in one way or another, and that makes all even more epic. If only the Elite four had made an appearance...

Well, now we have like what, 5 or 6 episodes more? Until this season ends...it really makes me sad, but I guess everything has to come to an end sometime (I mean the season...who knows how many years the producers will exploit Ash).

Isn't Malva a member of the Elite Four? Granted, it was never explicitly said that she was a member, but in the games she is a member. If it turns out that she was a member, that would be pretty interesting to know that an Elite Four member was part of the enemy arc and is also handing themselves into prison.
Sep 17, 2016 8:12 AM

May 2009
Poloir said:
-Koga- said:

Isn't Malva a member of the Elite Four? Granted, it was never explicitly said that she was a member, but in the games she is a member. If it turns out that she was a member, that would be pretty interesting to know that an Elite Four member was part of the enemy arc and is also handing themselves into prison.

She is... it was obvious after Mega Evolution episode 4
Sep 17, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2016
Shoryuuken said:
Poloir said:

Yeah... I'm still ashamed to say this but I haven't watched the Mega Evolution episodes yet. I was just going off my assumptions with the game. I need to start watching them. I just watched the XY and XY&Z series directly, missing out all of the special episodes. :(
Sep 18, 2016 4:24 AM

Jul 2008
Poloir said:
Shoryuuken said:

Yeah... I'm still ashamed to say this but I haven't watched the Mega Evolution episodes yet. I was just going off my assumptions with the game. I need to start watching them. I just watched the XY and XY&Z series directly, missing out all of the special episodes. :(
Lol, so Alain just suddenly popped up for ya ? And the whole Manon and Harimaron issues must be a bigger question mark then ?
Sep 18, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2016
Punkbeetle said:
Poloir said:
Lol, so Alain just suddenly popped up for ya ? And the whole Manon and Harimaron issues must be a bigger question mark then ?
Oh tell me about it! I kept on thinking 'He must have some sort of backstory then, loads of this doesn't add up!' I think the only thing I remember hearing from those specials was from when Ash beat Astrid(?) and someone kept on saying I wish we saw more of her! I think she was in one of the movies for a bit too? But anyway, someone commented and said that she had been in the mega evolution specials. I think I underestimated how much these episodes would have to do with the actual XY and XY&Z series. I thought of them as non-canon episodes sort of. Boy was I wrong.
Sep 18, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
Poloir said:
Punkbeetle said:
Oh tell me about it! I kept on thinking 'He must have some sort of backstory then, loads of this doesn't add up!' I think the only thing I remember hearing from those specials was from when Ash beat Astrid(?) and someone kept on saying I wish we saw more of her! I think she was in one of the movies for a bit too? But anyway, someone commented and said that she had been in the mega evolution specials. I think I underestimated how much these episodes would have to do with the actual XY and XY&Z series. I thought of them as non-canon episodes sort of. Boy was I wrong.

Yeah, she was in the Diancie flick. Ash did a 3 round 1v1 match which he lost 1-2. And oh no XD The mega evolution specials built up the Flare arc, but as you are already saying that... there is no need for us to tell you to watch them =p
Sep 18, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2016
Punkbeetle said:
Poloir said:

Yeah, she was in the Diancie flick. Ash did a 3 round 1v1 match which he lost 1-2. And oh no XD The mega evolution specials built up the Flare arc, but as you are already saying that... there is no need for us to tell you to watch them =p
I'm gonna watch them but in retrospect, knowing so little about the Flare Arc actually made it feel more epic that they were so evil. The games got me to understand it slightly but watching them will be nice so I can get the full low-down on what happened before. :)

Oh wait! I remember, on the ending extra-thing after some of the XY episodes, Alain and Mairin did a mega evolution type of thing, but I thought that was it! Why didn't I catch it that there was side series going on as well!? XD
Sep 19, 2016 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Best arc I have seen so far in Pokemon series.Although quite prediction but things were very interesting=

Well Steven's sure awesome trainer for me,wish he will show up more in screen~
Sep 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
damn... that was awesome episode...
that Zygarde special move looks sick!! can't wait to get Zygarde full form in the next game...
Zygarde 100% looks more like a Gundam or Robot then a Pokemon... really cool
the thing on Fleur de lis is so strong, it can take Flamethrower, Water Shuriken, and thunderbolt at the same time... damn...
Sep 23, 2016 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
are they skipping a week?
Sep 25, 2016 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
If there is such a danger for the Pokemon World , why Arceus doesn't appear ? :)

Would he simply let his creation come to the end by the hands of some Lysandre guy ?
Sep 25, 2016 11:12 AM
Dec 2015
Where's the elite 4? This arc is very dramatic, but I guess the writers wants to overshadow the boring kalos league. I'm fine with Satoshi losing, but dislike the fact the writers decide to make the pseudo legendaries so weak.
Sep 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
voidepression said:
Where's the elite 4? This arc is very dramatic, but I guess the writers wants to overshadow the boring kalos league. I'm fine with Satoshi losing, but dislike the fact the writers decide to make the pseudo legendaries so weak.

They were up against League Pikachu though and Metagross dominated Pikachu untill he left himself open.
And T-tar? He just got fought off. Yeah, it might be a Pseudo legendary pokemon but if you cant connect your attacks... yeah.

The lack of the E4 I cant justify though besides that they have no connection to Flare nor Ash, so they would be seen as ''out of left field'' additions.

jlvyn14 said:

Yeah, they have. Next ep will be a regular ep again.
Oct 5, 2016 12:33 AM
Jun 2011
Punkbeetle said:
voidepression said:

They were up against League Pikachu though and Metagross dominated Pikachu untill he left himself open.
And T-tar? He just got fought off. Yeah, it might be a Pseudo legendary pokemon but if you cant connect your attacks... yeah.

The lack of the E4 I cant justify though besides that they have no connection to Flare nor Ash, so they would be seen as ''out of left field'' additions.

jlvyn14 said:

Yeah, they have. Next ep will be a regular ep again.
about sun and moon i will give it a fair chance of one episode even if it looks not so good before i decide if keep watching this or not
Oct 8, 2016 8:24 AM
Jun 2014
Puni-chan was bae... ;(
Nov 6, 2016 7:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
EPIC ending to the Flare arc. That 100% Zygarde Signature Z move was awesome.

Liked how every gym leader became involved in this arc. For some reason I've liked these gym leaders the most out of every Gen so far.

Team Rocket also helping out Ash and co. It's stuff like this that makes Team Rocket so likable.

Can't wait for the Sun and Moon show. Agree, art looks a bit more different.

Nov 17, 2016 5:42 AM
Apr 2016
Orionite_ said:
If there is such a danger for the Pokemon World , why Arceus doesn't appear ? :)

Would he simply let his creation come to the end by the hands of some Lysandre guy ?

From what I understood, only Earth w/ surrounding stats would have been destroyed. There's no way a whole world can be possible destroyed like that.
Nov 18, 2016 9:31 AM
Oct 2016
Must watch season of pokemon ....,.,.........the best of all
Dec 4, 2016 12:21 AM

Dec 2012
Kaen Housha spam.

Ike spam.

Zakuro catching Viola.

Synchro Shokan! Arawareru! Mobile Suit Zygarde.

DAT Z. The Legend of Zygarde.

And Fleur is gone.

So Viola and Zakuro are a thing. As expected.

Hari-san woke up.

Pachira is going to turn her fine self in.

Satoshi and Daigo still don't speak to each other.

So long Puni-chan.

Another Gojika prediction didn't come true. Damn fraud.

Nice Nyarth ED song.

I didn't care for this arc until Volt played. Now I'm neutral. I doubt I'll actually like this series again with a few episodes left. You just don't recover easily from losing over 130 episodes of hype(only watched the canon episodes), especially when this is arguably the best region in the anime series. I don't even get hyped up any more when "XY&Z" plays during the OP and episode because the meaning of the song is gone. That says a lot.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 15, 2016 4:43 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, an excellent episode to conclude the Team Flare arc.. While the Gym Leaders are somewhat a jobber, i guess they still contributed a lot for making a way to Ash and Alan.. Steven and Diantha are also epic as well, although i wish to see more about them since they're the champion after all..

It's not surprising to see that Lysandre is still hasn't going down yet and i guess the statue is strong enough to force Zygarde to unleash his 100% form which i have been waiting for a long time (and it's paid off).. and lastly we even get to see the Core Enforced, Zygarde "Z-Moves" which is pretty dope indeed..

Overall, i like the Team Flare arc even more than the Kalos League itself and kinda agree with most people that Team Flare arc is the best Villainous Team story arc in Pokemon Anime so far.. Great episodes as always, and i'm definitely looking forward to watch the following episode next week..

5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Feb 12, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
I watched this when it aired on CITV but had no WiFi until now, so it was weeks ago, so I barely remember it. They didn't air back to back here, I wish they did.

Team Rocket helped out! Yeah, it does make them likeable, they like Ash and co really lol.

That was so awesome how they stopped Zygarde!

And Squishy flew off with other blue Squishy! I didn't really quite expect that to be how it ended with Squishy tbh.

It was sad when it left Bonnie, awww!

Yeah I think the Team Flare arc was far more exciting than the league! I was on the edge of my seat!
Mar 22, 2017 10:25 PM

Nov 2014
THAT WAS AMAZING!
Grant and Viola are a couple? =O
Bonnie's song in the last episode and what happened to Clembot made me actually tear up a bit. I love seeing endings where everyone comes together to fight the bad guy. And everyone was so great. And Zygarde Complete Form was soooooo cool! And Bonnie could actually understand it! Too bad it didn't stay with her, but of course it was obvious that wasn't going to happen anyway. Still I love the idea of this adorable little girl having the most powerful Pokémon in Kalos. xD I love how different XY/Z has been.
Dec 3, 2023 7:39 AM

Feb 2020
Elas cortinas da trama da Equipe Flare para destruir Kalos se fecharam.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 13 Discussion

ETX - Feb 4, 2016

15 by PrOxAnto »»
May 17, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.