Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 16, 2016 8:11 PM
Mar 2016
Usually, the first one who show up is the one who will sail at the end.
So Subaru x Cashier-kun.
Joking aside, I think it's Subaru x Felt, Subaru x Satella, or Subaru finally RIP (best ending). I don't think Subaru x Emilia will sail because it's too cliche, unless the author wants to destroy his work.
Aug 16, 2016 8:22 PM

Oct 2015
Idiots_on_MAL said:
The first girl always wins. It`s an universal rule that one has to abide by.

*cough cough Naruto *cough cough
Aug 16, 2016 8:29 PM
Mar 2016
Prog_upworks13 said:
Idiots_on_MAL said:

Hinata was the first girl who love Naruto from the first episode while everyone laughing at him and call him a stupid ... Sakura showed up in episode 3 I guess, so yeah first girl always win
Kirito_AlsufiAug 16, 2016 10:18 PM
Aug 16, 2016 8:34 PM
Mar 2016
_LorDNiCo_ said:
Pixelzz said:
But Re:Zero like subverting the popular belief, so you never know.

It's all about the Subaru x Rem ship.

Sorry, but I guess I have learned my lesson
Cough cough Raku x Onodera cough cough
Kirito_AlsufiAug 16, 2016 8:40 PM
Aug 16, 2016 10:19 PM

Oct 2015
Kirito_Alsufi said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

Hinata was the first girl who love Naruto from the first episode while everyone laughing at him and call him a stupid ... Sakura showed up in episode 3 I guess, so yeah first girl always win

Oh, sorry, I forgot that is from first episode.
Aug 16, 2016 10:36 PM

Aug 2015
crx07 said:
So Subaru x Cashier-kun.
Joking aside, I think it's Subaru x Felt, Subaru x Satella, or Subaru finally RIP (best ending). I don't think Subaru x Emilia will sail because it's too cliche, unless the author wants to destroy his work.
How would that destroy it?
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 16, 2016 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
Did you mispell Reinhard?
Aug 16, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2015
Mayuka said:
Did you mispell Reinhard?
Reinhard x who?
The only ship that suit him is a cross over with Onii sama.
Aug 16, 2016 11:31 PM
Mar 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
I don't think Subaru x Emilia will sail because it's too cliche, unless the author wants to destroy his work.
How would that destroy it?
I just noticed now that I exaggerated. I overstate "too cliche" and "destroy".
What I actually mean is that doing the Subaru x Emilia route makes Re:Zero more predictable, thus decreases its amazing points on several people (including me but the decrease for me is just slight). But then again there are many Emilia fans out there so Subaru x Emilia ending must be a big plus factor for them.
Also we see many creative works where there's a happy ending. In this case, Subaru x Emilia is a happy ending, thus I call it cliche. It again decreases the amazing points of some people, but I don't freaking care. But then again, there are also many creative works that kill off the MC. It's still a cliche but its usage is less common in anime today. We usually see either a happy ending or an ending that's not really an ending.
The reasonable ships so far are Rem, Emilia, and Satella. I can't imagine Ram, Felt, other candidates, etc and I can't imagine Subaru RIP. But if the author wants unpredictability, I suggest him to do Subaru x Felt, Subaru RIP, or Subaru crazy.
Aug 17, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2015
Kirito_Alsufi said:
_LorDNiCo_ said:

It's all about the Subaru x Rem ship.

Sorry, but I guess I have learned my lesson

Cough cough Raku x Onodera cough cough

Lol, it's more like *cough* Raku x Chitoge. *cough* I hated how Nisekoi ended that ship. Raku x Onodera will always be number #1 by the way.
Aug 17, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 2016
Yea it's inevitable. Is it bad ? To me yeah, because Emilia and Subaru atm have no real chemistry, development, interactions etc. Also Subaru's obsession over her makes no sense to me. He doesn't really know her, and she hasn't done that much for him to feel this way. Subaru basically just fell in "love" with her at first sight smh .
Aug 18, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
Redrose1070 said:
and she hasn't done that much for him to feel this way. Subaru basically just fell in "love" with her at first sight smh .

She hasn't done that much for him? ...Really?

Aug 18, 2016 6:22 PM

Aug 2015
Tony_SansNom said:
Redrose1070 said:
and she hasn't done that much for him to feel this way. Subaru basically just fell in "love" with her at first sight smh .

She hasn't done that much for him? ...Really?
Do you even need to ask? based on his statement, his reply is obvious.
If you want to correct him, then write a proper argument/list a few reasons to debunk him.
Aug 18, 2016 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
Idiots_on_MAL said:

*cough* *cough* Chihiro Kosaka from TWGOK
Aug 22, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Emilia's reaction when Subaru eventually ends with her, leaving Rem friendzoned.

Aug 22, 2016 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
I root for Subaru x Reinhard
Aug 22, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
Dont judge a long series by a small portion of it, Emilia herself and Emilia x Subaru will get plenty of development later on. It will be funny to see all these ram fans shift to emilia in a 2. or 3. season ;)
Aug 22, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2016
Why don't we be more open-minded and accept what a wiseman once said:

WHY NOT BOTH?
Aug 22, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
crx07 said:
Joking aside, I think it's Subaru x Felt, Subaru x Satella, or Subaru finally RIP (best ending).
I think it will be more like Reinhard x Felt rather than Subaru x Felt (just a personal opinion).

SkullProX said:
Dont judge a long series by a small portion of it, Emilia herself and Emilia x Subaru will get plenty of development later on. It will be funny to see all these ram fans shift to emilia in a 2. or 3. season ;)
Does Ram has even fans? Poor pink meido :(

NitroKageAki said:

WHY NOT BOTH?
It's not the same man. Now that the whale is dead, the harem is broken ;_;
Aug 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2016
I think that Rem would have been a much better route seeing how anyone could finish episode two and think that Emilia and Subaru would end up together. It also would make more sense.

Sadly, I do think Subaru X Emilia is inevitable.
Aug 22, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2016
Illyricus said:
crx07 said:
Joking aside, I think it's Subaru x Felt, Subaru x Satella, or Subaru finally RIP (best ending).
I think it will be more like Reinhard x Felt rather than Subaru x Felt (just a personal opinion).

SkullProX said:

NitroKageAki said:

WHY NOT BOTH?

Hmmm... since the whale can multiply, won't the harem members be 4 instead of 2? And I thought we are talking about the girl *cough in the *cough ED *cough ?

Jokes aside, the polygamy route stays strong as Subaru already ranked Rem as his #2 and

In Arc 4,
Aug 22, 2016 8:58 PM

Mar 2010
Alne said:
it's not inevitable because emilia's character will still likely reject subaru in the end. there's no chemistry between the two and emilia really doesn't even like subaru. plus even if there is development between their relationship do you think rem is just gonna sit by and watch? hell nah. something will happen to bring subaru and rem together eventually, just not for a while.

If this were true Arc 1 and 2 wouldn't have happened and Subaru would have been on streets never knowing anything let alone meeting Rem. It's because Subaru and Emilia developed a good chemistry and relationship that he even cared to stick with the manison at all after everything he went through.

twigglyfiggly said:
I think that Rem would have been a much better route seeing how anyone could finish episode two and think that Emilia and Subaru would end up together. It also would make more sense.

Sadly, I do think Subaru X Emilia is inevitable.

Because the story doesn't composed of just Arc 3.

NitroKageAki said:
Illyricus said:

Hmmm... since the whale can multiply, won't the harem members be 4 instead of 2? And I thought we are talking about the girl *cough in the *cough ED *cough ?

Jokes aside, the polygamy route stays strong as Subaru already ranked Rem as his #2 and

In Arc 4,

I think it's gonna end with SubaruxEmilia beacuse

Iron_MawAug 22, 2016 9:08 PM
Aug 23, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2015
cem006 said:
Rem deserves better.
Too bad even the author himself is a fan of the half-elf heroine.

bad?? its not lol, it is his story, he created Emilia, he made her the main heroine, and he obviously prefers her
Aug 23, 2016 3:42 AM
Oct 2007
hikiru said:
cem006 said:
Rem deserves better.
Too bad even the author himself is a fan of the half-elf heroine.

bad?? its not lol, it is his story, he created Emilia, he made her the main heroine, and he obviously prefers her

It is too bad because it makes it predictable with who Subaru will end up with.
Him loving Rem was something I didn't expect.
Aug 23, 2016 3:45 AM

Aug 2016
Tbh, I dislike Emilia x Subaru and I am indifferent to Subaru x Rem although I do think SubaLia is inevitable.
Aug 23, 2016 3:50 AM

May 2016
Emilia is shit, But the fate is already decided.

OTP should be Subaru x Felix, Rem is shit too.
Aug 23, 2016 4:03 AM

Jun 2013
zal said:
Not ending up with Emilia x Subaru would be a big surprise and upset. Who doesn't see the obvious Emilia x Subaru is as foolish as those that thought Onodera had any chance in Nisekoi.

this is nothing similar to onodera not winning in the end. Even though i was an onodera shipper, she had no build or chemistry apart from actually having the crush with raku. However with Emilia, she has no chemistry with subaru, yet shes the main female protagonist, and Subaru liking her obviously. Now idk how the author will go with this since im not reading the novels, but she needs a huge buildup in order to catch up with rem
Aug 23, 2016 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
Archer89 said:
hikiru said:

being predictable doesn't mean being bad
Aug 23, 2016 5:00 AM

May 2015
jlvyn14 said:
zal said:
Not ending up with Emilia x Subaru would be a big surprise and upset. Who doesn't see the obvious Emilia x Subaru is as foolish as those that thought Onodera had any chance in Nisekoi.

this is nothing similar to onodera not winning in the end. Even though i was an onodera shipper, she had no build or chemistry apart from actually having the crush with raku. However with Emilia, she has no chemistry with subaru, yet shes the main female protagonist, and Subaru liking her obviously. Now idk how the author will go with this since im not reading the novels, but she needs a huge buildup in order to catch up with rem
Catch up with rem? What? Rem is at the same level of Emilia in chemistry and characterization (both quite poor). However I've heard Emilia will become best girl in the 4th arc, not that I care.
Also another example would be Bleach, I was even surprised that some people believed there would be Ichigo x Rukia.
zalAug 23, 2016 5:04 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 6:22 AM
Sep 2015
Come on guys, obviously its gonna be Subaru x Satella.
Aug 23, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2016
If the anime will focus too much on Rem, then eventually ends up with Emilia as Subaru's partner, well fuck me
Aug 23, 2016 6:55 AM

Feb 2016
Just wait until next arc or read the WN which i might do since I'll going to be very impatient wivout re zero for 2 years minimum

Aug 23, 2016 7:40 AM

May 2016
SkullProX said:

exactly.. they were supporting Emilia x Subaru in the first arc, once Rem has become so devoted to Subaru,they shifted to her..

I don't like Rem, she is so clingy who has no dreams or goals...she just wants to become Subaru slave/maid/wife...she wants to live her life on serving a man (this is why I think most of her fans are male XD) ..

I'm like Subaru loyal..I liked Emilia form the beginning and I will continue liking her coz she is simply amazing ..thinks of others...has a dream & goal...

So my answer is Yeah..emilia & subaru is inevitable for sure, unless you want to remove all the 13 episodes from the story & change it to a different direction like for example, Subaru wants to clean the world form evil and become the king of the kingdom..
Aug 23, 2016 8:40 AM

Mar 2010
jlvyn14 said:
zal said:

I have no idea where this " they don't chemsitry bull" came from but you realize she and convesed multiple times throughout first half of series about different subjects and themselves right? She didn't just invite into her home never spoke him again. That not even getting to comradeire they had in Arc 1 though several loops. Subaru and Emilia got a long well together and enjoyed eachother company with only what at the end of Royal Election being a bad spot.

Regardless of Rem's current screentime it's not as if Subaru's feeling and first 12-13 episodes of the show stopped mattering.
Iron_MawAug 23, 2016 8:43 AM
Aug 23, 2016 11:14 AM
Feb 2016
hikiru said:
Archer89 said:

being predictable doesn't mean being bad

It's not, but it's an on going trend that made it less exciting for my taste. Not like my opinion matters, but in regards to relationship endings, I'd be more satisfied if it wasn't predictable and given.
Aug 24, 2016 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
Alne said:
Jagd84 said:

If this were true Arc 1 and 2 wouldn't have happened and Subaru would have been on streets never knowing anything let alone meeting Rem. It's because Subaru and Emilia developed a good chemistry and relationship that he even cared to stick with the manison at all after everything he went through.

no it all happened because subaru got his panties wet over the fact that emilia saved him + he had absolutely NOWHERE to go otherwise. so he helped emilia get what she was looking for and in return helped him with his living situation. the two have no chemistry regardless. subaru just wanted to thank emilia for saving his life and providing him with a stable living space, which caused him to "fall in love" with her. stupid but it makes sense given that he's meant to be an unlikeable, braindead type of mc. that sense of love he feels is why he keeps doing what he does for her, not any sort of chemistry..

Not one thing you said countered any of my points. If gonna be reductive about their relationship then I can say Rem only like Subaru because he's first guy her age who talked to her and get's her panties wet. See I can do that too! Saying love Subaru-kun's smell isn't chemistry man.

It doesn't change the fact they had chemistry because they gone a long well and played off each others personalities and gradually came to learn about each other. This was on going for a month until Royal Election. Subaru stay in the mansion entirely because he wanted to stay by her side since he had fallen for her empathetic side just as Rem did for his heroic side. That's why he didn't take any reward and just left on his own when he was offered it.

all of the things, in their entirety, that caused arcs 1 and 2 to happen were just a chain of helping someone in need. this was all proven when emilia basically rejected subaru and his help once he tried to help her with something he wasn't obligated to. she wants nothing from him and hardly anything to do with him, and to me that doesn't sound like chemistry at all

What you describe no different his relationship with Rem. It's been mostly just a chain of her helping him out because he was in need of it. Let me tell something, chemistry is about how two or more respond to each other and whether they like that person's company. it's not just about whether help someone or not but also interaction. For example Subaru talk with Emilia about his current life here and what he would do in the future at the start of Arc 2. In another example Emilia and Subaru would have conversations regarding her life as Spirit User. Then even other parts Subaru would teach her about customs about from Japan. He would even go out with Emilia to village in date like scenarios to gaze at the flowers play with village children or just enjoy each others company. Those that is are kind of things he barely did with Rem partially because the nature of their relationship due her subservant nature. His feelings are no less valid than Rem's and he had put effort into getting to know her bit by bit so Subaru has foundation and drive to purse her. Half of it is because Subaru genuine likes her as person and other is that he hold a lot of gratitude towards her for being one only one person who had not only given him the time of day, but consistently supported him and others even determent of her own interests.

At this point you terribly mischaracterized Subaru, Emilia and Rem's feelings and relationship with each other and parallels in it have completely gone over your head out of your bias. It's reflected every other relationship as whole to claim only one side genuine feelings.

Last Emilia didn't reject him, she parted Subaru because she worried about his well being and couldn't understand why was going so far for her since he couldn't communicate his feelings properly. This because as hinted at in her dialogue and racism she has suffered she has never been loved by anyone. However Rem understood Subaru's feelings and even told him back in ep 14 at the inn if he just tried talking to her clearly next time he would be able to reach her.
Iron_MawAug 24, 2016 1:21 AM
Aug 24, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2015
Jagd84 said:
Alne said:

no it all happened because subaru got his panties wet over the fact that emilia saved him + he had absolutely NOWHERE to go otherwise. so he helped emilia get what she was looking for and in return helped him with his living situation. the two have no chemistry regardless. subaru just wanted to thank emilia for saving his life and providing him with a stable living space, which caused him to "fall in love" with her. stupid but it makes sense given that he's meant to be an unlikeable, braindead type of mc. that sense of love he feels is why he keeps doing what he does for her, not any sort of chemistry..

Not one thing you said countered any of my points. If gonna be reductive about their relationship then I can say Rem only like Subaru because he's first guy her age who talked to her and get's her panties wet. See I can do that too! Saying love Subaru-kun's smell isn't chemistry man.

It doesn't change the fact they had chemistry because they gone a long well and played off each others personalities and gradually came to learn about each other. This was on going for a month until Royal Election. Subaru stay in the mansion entirely because he wanted to stay by her side since he had fallen for her empathetic side just as Rem did for his heroic side. That's why he didn't take any reward and just left on his own when he was offered it.

all of the things, in their entirety, that caused arcs 1 and 2 to happen were just a chain of helping someone in need. this was all proven when emilia basically rejected subaru and his help once he tried to help her with something he wasn't obligated to. she wants nothing from him and hardly anything to do with him, and to me that doesn't sound like chemistry at all

What you describe no different his relationship with Rem. It's been mostly just a chain of her helping him out because he was in need of it. Let me tell something, chemistry is about how two or more respond to each other and whether they like that person's company. it's not just about whether help someone or not but also interaction. For example Subaru talk with Emilia about his current life here and what he would do in the future at the start of Arc 2. In another example Emilia and Subaru would have conversations regarding her life as Spirit User. Then even other parts Subaru would teach her about customs about from Japan. He would even go out with Emilia to village in date like scenarios to gaze at the flowers play with village children or just enjoy each others company. Those that is are kind of things he barely did with Rem partially because the nature of their relationship due her subservant nature. His feelings are no less valid than Rem's and he had put effort into getting to know her bit by bit so Subaru has foundation and drive to purse her. Half of it is because Subaru genuine likes her as person and other is that he hold a lot of gratitude towards her for being one only one person who had not only given him the time of day, but consistently supported him and others even determent of her own interests.

At this point you terribly mischaracterized Subaru, Emilia and Rem's feelings and relationship with each other and parallels in it have completely gone over your head out of your bias. It's reflected every other relationship as whole to claim only one side genuine feelings.

Last Emilia didn't reject him, she parted Subaru because she worried about his well being and couldn't understand why was going so far for her since he couldn't communicate his feelings properly. This because as hinted at in her dialogue and racism she has suffered she has never been loved by anyone. However Rem understood Subaru's feelings and even told him back in ep 14 at the inn if he just tried talking to her clearly next time he would be able to reach her.

Some tunnel vision some people have, man. It's astounding.

Aug 24, 2016 10:33 PM

Mar 2010
Alne said:
Jagd84 said:

i think you're misunderstanding who i am just a bit here; i'm not a person who's immediately shipping rem and subaru or anything. nor do i think rem and subaru currently have any chemistry either. this entire thread is about whether emilia x subaru is inevitable or not.

second, never once did i say that rem's feelings towards subaru are justified at the most utmost extreme level. if i'm being honest here, emilia is actually the most level-headed character in the entire series just because she's the only one who seems to make any sort of sense. subaru is just a dumbass in general and rem is stupid but has a great personality. there will end up being development towards both halves of the possible ship, for both emilia and rem, but i don't think emilia x subaru is inevitable in any way.

as you said, there is no more chemistry between subaru and rem than there is between subaru and emilia. given that point, shouldn't it just come down to whoever's better overall? then the answer there would, obviously 100%, be rem. i'm not even sure what side you're on at this point because your entire thought process seems to be convoluted.

so continuing on to a response to the points you made:

1. yes, a PART of chemistry between two people has to do with how much you enjoy the other person's company. but as time continued on, emilia stopped enjoying subaru's company more and more. no, emilia didn't stop talking to subaru because she couldn't understand why he was doing what he was doing. emilia had been paid back for what she did for subaru tenfold by the time she parted with him, so she obviously didn't mind getting all the help she could. she stopped talking to him because she was over him. she saw him as a friend but she knew he obviously saw her as more than a friend and she wasn't okay with that. hence why she said, she'd pay him back for what he did then never talk to him ever again.
as i said as well, enjoying someone's company is PART of forming good chemistry with someone else. but true romantic chemistry comes from far more than that one small little point. enjoying someone's company is just a plus to any situation, and it doesn't grant any super special type of chemistry or anything. it can be the reason for great development between two friends. nothing romantic comes from it unless you try to make more out of it than that one thing. you have to begin to like someone's personality and their being as a whole before true chemistry is formed. emilia didn't like that about subaru, now did she? hence, chemistry between the two was cut short and thus not well-formed.

2. even though i already made my points about it, i'll do it again; i'm not biased at all. i like rem more than emilia but i also liked miuna more than manaka in nagi no asukara but still rooted for manaka because there was more chemistry there. i liked hachikuji more than senjougahara in bakemonogatari but still rooted for senjougahara because, again, chemistry. i don't make biases like you think i do, and claiming that i do just proves how little you know about me. i call it as i see it. right now, rezero is extremely undeveloped to make a full-force decision, but what i do know is that subaru x emilia isn't inevitable.

but, again, i think you're just confused af about what side im on. no need to assume things about me that aren't true.

im not even gonna bother trying to respond to anything else you said because im getting a headache trying to understand your broken english.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said there wasn't anymore chemistry between Subaru and Emilia nor did I say anyone ever stopped enjoying anyone else company. We aren't talking about something that can be turned off and on like a lightswitch. Subaru and Emilia had small fight due to miscommunication and that's it. Which is common in relationships, that doesn't mean Subaru needs to drop everything run on to nearest person and never speak to her again. If Subaru was the type of person to do that he never become friends with Rem in first place given bad their relationship actually was despite what he thought was until they clear everything up at the end. So acting like Subaru and Rem have better chemistry because those two never had conflict or disagreements that's pretty ridiculous. Especially be what went on Subaru and Rem was far worse then what's going between him and Emilia.

He has the choice of manning up admitting his mistakes and talking with her honestly because Emilia has shown she values their relationship thanks to time they spent together thus willing to her him out.
Aug 25, 2016 12:55 AM
Oct 2007
SkullProX said:

I think you meant Rem and not Ram.
Most of Rem fans shifting to Emilia fans wont be because of "Emilia's awesome character development" but because of something else.
Aug 25, 2016 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
Archer89 said:
SkullProX said:

I think you meant Rem and not Ram.
Most of Rem fans shifting to Emilia fans wont be because of "Emilia's awesome character development" but because of something else.

Yeah, I meant her, but they are twins anyways so who cares :)
Aug 25, 2016 6:15 AM

Jun 2016
Of course, it's the cliche male lead + female lead pairing which has been blatantly obvious right from the get-go. Do I consider this a good thing? No, not at all. I feel like they would be much better of as good friends instead of being a "romantic coople". In fact, the relationship between these characters is pretty much the only thing I don't like about this series.
Aug 25, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2010
Alne said:
Jagd84 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said there wasn't anymore chemistry between Subaru and Emilia nor did I say anyone ever stopped enjoying anyone else company. We aren't talking about something that can be turned off and on like a lightswitch. Subaru and Emilia had small fight due to miscommunication and that's it. Which is common in relationships, that doesn't mean Subaru needs to drop everything run on to nearest person and never speak to her again. If Subaru was the type of person to do that he never become friends with Rem in first place given bad their relationship actually was despite what he thought was until they clear everything up at the end. So acting like Subaru and Rem have better chemistry because those two never had conflict or disagreements that's pretty ridiculous. Especially be what went on Subaru and Rem was far worse then what's going between him and Emilia.

He has the choice of manning up admitting his mistakes and talking with her honestly because Emilia has shown she values their relationship thanks to time they spent together thus willing to her him out.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Funny, I could say the same thing since you seeming forgotten the entire first half of show which is why spouting the crap you are sayinh. Newflash, Subaru had zero romantic feelings for Rem until ep 18 where she confessed, becuase just like with Subaru and Emilia it was entirely one sided. He only treated her as a friend so your so-called true romantic chemistry no different between the two because the pairing's relationships run parallel in terms which feelings are directed whom (Subaru>Emilia, Rem>Subaru). This will espeically be true once Subaru makes his feelings known to Emilia.

With that said this argument is pretty pointless putting aside your misconceptions of some of the chatacters, treating any relationship developments in as being set in stone this early on in the story is pretty ignorant. Rem getting a chance to put her feelings on display doesn't sudden make her endgame girl with no room for any other pairing. The story isn't gonna in this arc and Subaru has his own feelings he to address.
Aug 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
No i think Subaru x suffering is inevitable

E.N.D
Aug 25, 2016 1:23 PM
Sep 2012
crx07 said:
So Subaru x Cashier-kun.

Good point, i think Subaru will die in this alternative world and return to his own.
Or he will find an another universe, with an another Remu. :D
Aug 26, 2016 2:21 AM

Mar 2010
Alne said:
Jagd84 said:

Funny, I could say the same thing since you seeming forgotten the entire first half of show which is why spouting the crap you are sayinh. Newflash, Subaru had zero romantic feelings for Rem until ep 18 where she confessed, becuase just like with Subaru and Emilia it was entirely one sided. He only treated her as a friend so your so-called true romantic chemistry no different between the two because the pairing's relationships run parallel in terms which feelings are directed whom (Subaru>Emilia, Rem>Subaru). This will espeically be true once Subaru makes his feelings known to Emilia.

With that said this argument is pretty pointless putting aside your misconceptions of some of the chatacters, treating any relationship developments in as being set in stone this early on in the story is pretty ignorant. Rem getting a chance to put her feelings on display doesn't sudden make her endgame girl with no room for any other pairing. The story isn't gonna in this arc and Subaru has his own feelings he to address.

my head hurts because you just aren't understanding what im trying to say but you still pretend like you are. it's like arguing with a wall.

Except I have and went about proving you wrong. You being a RemxSubaru or not is irrelevant to my point basic point which is that Subaru just as much right to be paired up with Emilia as Rem does with him because this Arc did not occur in a vacuum regardless of your opinion. Subaru has only been separated from Emilia for 3 days to began with which is too short a time span to change anyone's feelings.

This is last time I'm addressing this since the conversation is going nowhere.

Richie said:
No, because the focus has been on Rem for way too long. At this point, the only way I see a Emilia x Subaru to be achievable is for Rem to die permanently. My reasoning is that Rem who is not the apparent main heroine has a much more fleshed out character than Emilia. Rem is a walking deathfag as far as I'm concerned unless there are some new crazy revelations concerning Subaru's curse or the mechanics of this fantasy world. In any case, I think an Emilia x Subaru would make for the worst ending at this point of the story.

Rem is the only fleshed out character narrative at this point besides Subaru (and Wilhelm), but that distinction is meaningless in a long running story other than say she was first, big whoop. She still be less important character from overall story perspective because her past and role is only magnified in Arc 3 due to Subaru being separated from others because of his own screw ups. Notice that once he starts rebuilding bridges he burned and Rem's presence is getting smaller and smaller? That's because Rem main role in this was less to function as love interest than was be a emotional pillar until Subaru could get his head out of his ass and matured. Her feelings for him are secondary and just one-sided as his for Emilia only Emilia herself doesn't know about them. He may accepted Rem's feelings him now, but doesn't mean his own for Emilia is gonna change just because of it. He isn't that easy, not to mention as I stated above he's only been away from Emilia for 3 days so it hasn't just been Rem and him for very long. The only way Rem endgame is happening if this story had stopped and he ranaway with her at ep 18. There is exampled by the AU.

That said Rem's relationship is certainly important with Subaru but she was never set up to be his own romantic interest from the get go.

You really need to stop looking at things in short term when it's clear there so much things in this story to be addressed plot-wise, character-wise and relationship-wise around Subaru it's not gonna be monopolized by one character this early on.
Iron_MawAug 26, 2016 3:02 AM
Aug 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2010
Richie said:
Jagd84 said:
Rem is the only fleshed out character narrative at this point besides Subaru (and Wilhelm), but that distinction is meaningless in a long running story other than say she was first, big whoop. She still be less important character from overall story perspective because her past and role is only magnified in Arc 3 due to Subaru being separated from others because of his own screw ups. Notice that once he starts rebuilding bridges he burned and Rem's presence is getting smaller and smaller? That's because Rem main role in this was less to function as love interest than was be a emotional pillar until Subaru could get his head out of his ass and matured. Her feelings for him are secondary and just one-sided as his for Emilia only Emilia herself doesn't know about them. He may accepted Rem's feelings him now, but doesn't mean his own for Emilia is gonna change just because of it. He isn't that easy, not to mention as I stated above he's only been away from Emilia for 3 days so it hasn't just been Rem and him for very long. The only way Rem endgame is happening if this story had stopped and he ranaway with her at ep 18. There is exampled by the AU.

That said Rem's relationship is certainly important with Subaru but she was never set up to be his own romantic interest from the get go.

You really need to stop looking at things in short term when it's clear there so much things in this story to be addressed plot-wise, character-wise and relationship-wise around Subaru it's not gonna be monopolized by one character this early on.

I think you mistake me for a Rem x Subaru shipper. I'm simply saying that at this point of the story the only way for Emilia x Subaru to happen is for Rem to disappear. This show isn't set up to be a harem, and with all the shitty melodramatic storytelling and edgelord content, it's only a matter of time before Rem permanently dies or is removed from the picture for the sake of building suspense and allowing Subaru to pursue the main heroine without creating a harem/love triangle.

Whether Rem is around or not is irrelevant. Subaru already made his feelings known so anything that happens from there is dependent on Emilia and there is nothing Rem can do about that. His newfound feelings for Rem won't disappear either so it already a love triangle. Being shipper has nothing to do it.

The show already had dark elements from get go when Subaru and Emilia where murdered in very first episode so that excuse doesn't fly for anything that happens to Rem or any other characters fate. It's part of the shows concept that life in that world is very fragile with magic, monsters, dark cults and hidden political schemes and that been an aspect of every arc.
Iron_MawAug 26, 2016 6:47 AM
Aug 26, 2016 7:03 AM

Mar 2010
Richie said:
Jagd84 said:

Whether Rem is around or not is irrelevant. Subaru already made his feelings known so anything that happens from there is dependent on Emilia and there is nothing Rem can do about that. His newfound feelings for Rem won't disappear either so it already a love triangle. Being shipper has nothing to do it.

The show already had dark elements from get go when Subaru and Emilia where murdered in very first episode so that excuse doesn't fly for anything that happens to Rem or any other characters fate. It's part of the shows concept that life in that world is very fragile with magic, monsters, dark cults and hidden political schemes and that been an aspect of every arc.

I don't think we are having the same conversation so I'm just going to stop here.

Sigh. You're literally saying Rem needs to be removed so the EmiliaxSubaru can happen and I'm telling you that is irrelevant because Subaru is already in love Emilia which Rem already knows about. He's gonna purse her regardless of her presence so that is not the requirement. So anything that happens to Rem won't have anything to do with that fact so I have no idea why you're are bring that up. The story was already triangle the moment Rem fell for him.

But yes let's drop it if that still confuses you somehow.
Iron_MawAug 26, 2016 7:09 AM
Aug 26, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2016
Alne said:
Jagd84 said:

Except I have and went about proving you wrong. You being a RemxSubaru or not is irrelevant to my point basic point which is that Subaru just as much right to be paired up with Emilia as Rem does with him because this Arc did not occur in a vacuum regardless of your opinion. Subaru has only been separated from Emilia for 3 days to began with which is too short a time span to change anyone's feelings.

literally everything you just said proves that you don't even know what you're arguing against. i've said countless times that the entire point of this thread is about whether emilia x subaru is inevitable or not. i say it's not. that's all. i don't know what will happen, but there will eventually be enough romantic development between all parties (and maybe even a new party introduced later on) to the point where subaru's up for grabs by anyone. the story would have no reason to continue dragging on if that were the case.

subaru and emilia have very little chemistry. subaru and rem have very little chemistry. i personally would like rem to win but at this very point in time, that's not possible. but it certainly doesn't make emilia x subaru inevitable at all.

if you wanna continue this pointless argument of telling me what i think without actually knowing, feel free to message me. otherwise, this has gone on far too long, and you've made it obvious time and time again that your thought process is far too convoluted to make a proper argument because all you're really doing is arguing with yourself.
Listen idc who ends up with who i just care if HXH gets off hiatus
Aug 26, 2016 11:41 AM
Aug 2016
In all honesty it depends if Subaru goes darkside and falls for the hazy looking witch Satella. If not then yes will end up with Emilia.
Aug 26, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2010
Alne said:
Jagd84 said:

literally everything you just said proves that you don't even know what you're arguing against. i've said countless times that the entire point of this thread is about whether emilia x subaru is inevitable or not. i say it's not. that's all. i don't know what will happen, but there will eventually be enough romantic development between all parties (and maybe even a new party introduced later on) to the point where subaru's up for grabs by anyone. the story would have no reason to continue dragging on if that were the case.

subaru and emilia have very little chemistry. subaru and rem have very little chemistry. i personally would like rem to win but at this very point in time, that's not possible. but it certainly doesn't make emilia x subaru inevitable at all.

if you wanna continue this pointless argument of telling me what i think without actually knowing, feel free to message me. otherwise, this has gone on far too long, and you've made it obvious time and time again that your thought process is far too convoluted to make a proper argument because all you're really doing is arguing with yourself.

Ugh, I'm not going to bother anymore especially with who doesn't evwn know what chemisry is just sprouts like some buzzword. Let me give you a hint there no character Subaru does not have that with. It just different for every character. Beyond that I'm done with this since you clearly have no idea what your talking about if you think Subaru just magically has chemistry with Rem then anyone else because she is all over him. You should have you admit your shipper bias save me the trouble.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anyone Else Caught Off Gaurd By This Show?

The_p1kachu - Oct 16

16 by Eliteguard99 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Beatrice kinda hot ( 1 2 3 4 )

sti-v-boi - Oct 8

172 by Danirl23476 »»
Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2087 by The_p1kachu »»
Oct 16, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

730 by AugustoFKL »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

253 by AkaiSanji »»
Oct 14, 11:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.