Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 3, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
Holybaptiser said:
TitanAnteus said:

What I'm saying is that you can't say. "Old anime are more creative," and then ignore the fact that anime studios tried to adapt Cinderella, and Street Fighter because they couldn't come up with ideas or were shelling out.

A lot more anime are made nowadays. The competition is tougher nowadays. Anime in general has gotten better because of it. The fans aren't generally all that bad either. Good shows tend to get popular, ala TTGL and this season's Gundam IBO.
You do not need to tell me something I already know. I was inadvertently backing up your case since all but 2 shows out of that season were no name shows.

My bad I confused you with someone else :(
Feb 3, 2016 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Too much text, i will just post my opinions.

This problem also happened with music, movie and video games.

Because information is widespread and easy to access, you need to create something that easy to make money.

Movie have summer blockbuster

Game have micro transaction

Music have.... (sry i dont follow international music scene)

Anime probably have limited audiences that willing to spend money on BD and merchandise.

Since im more into game industry, i can say that maybe one of the way anime can move forward is by having more indie studio to reach out more audiences, probably you can fight hidden gems somewhere there.

There are probably tons of doujin anime out there that might be key for this problem.
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Feb 3, 2016 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
iwansquall said:

Because information is widespread and easy to access, you need to create something that easy to make money.

Anime probably have limited audiences that willing to spend money on BD and merchandise.

Since im more into game industry, i can say that maybe one of the way anime can move forward is by having more indie studio to reach out more audiences, probably you can fight hidden gems somewhere there.

There are probably tons of doujin anime out there that might be key for this problem.

Normally, I'd agree with you but anime is a special case.

Anime makes most. Literally 90% of its money from insane people who buy BluRay editions of their anime at like $100 per episode.

Anime doesn't need to rely on mass appeal, even though it can and still be successful like Detective Conan.

They can literally make anything they want. The consumer society is so ridiculously faithful over there that generally good things usually sell.

It's not like games, where everyone tried to be call of duty, and it's not like media where everyone's trying to either be disney or super dark edgy crime drama #1025.
Feb 3, 2016 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
iwansquall said:

@.@ I'm completely lost here... I see you mention indie studio and doujin anime. What are you talking about?
Feb 3, 2016 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:

@.@ I'm completely lost here... I see you mention indie studio and doujin anime. What are you talking about?

He's saying that when an entertainment medium gets really big, it's forced to appeal to the mass of consumers to support itself.

In that situation it's up to indie developers to come in and bring back the unique and refreshing ideas to the table.
Feb 3, 2016 9:08 PM
Jul 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Of course the OP has to be a legends fan. It is a meme at this point. You act like bad shit wasn't made in that era of time.

Regardless of the amount of good anime in your favorites, if LOGH is your number one, you have bad taste. It's also the worst possible example to show how older anime are better, a bunch of ancient 70s/80s shows make LOGH look like it was made in the 60s when it mostly aired during the freaking 90s, when tvs shows with limited budget looked a million times better than an ova series taking its time between its episodes you know you have a problem. If you want "history", freaking Rose of Versailles is 10 years older and a million times better in every way
Feb 3, 2016 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
Sometimes, people made games as generic as possible like call of dutybecause there are people willing to pay for it.

Game industry have problem like pre order, paid dlc, incomplete game and micro transaction because it is no longer able to sustain high cost video games production.

So, for indie game developer usually are small company with less overhead, so they can be free to experiment around with game design. Usually here you can fight your non typical.

I dunno how cheap it is to animate an anime, but once it cheap enough, you will able to find some interesting stories.
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Feb 3, 2016 9:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
you sound like one of those "back in my day" old people who can't accept that change happens as people become more liberal

besides, everything has been done at this point and its all about rehashing old ideas and using whats most appealing to people

i prefer modern anime not cause its really any different, cause its not, but cause the animation quality is better
Feb 3, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
TitanAnteus said:
keragamming said:

He's saying that when an entertainment medium gets really big, it's forced to appeal to the mass of consumers to support itself.

In that situation it's up to indie developers to come in and bring back the unique and refreshing ideas to the table.

That won't work with anime though. He also mention "doujin anime" that's the part that really confuses me.
Feb 3, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
TitanAnteus said:

That won't work with anime though. He also mention "doujin anime" that's the part that really confuses me.

It doesn't exist, but could. Of course it wouldn't work but he didn't understand the underlying reasons why.
Feb 4, 2016 12:37 AM

May 2015
Apples2 said:
Its hard to take your post seriously when one of your complaints against modern anime is everything being done in "moe" style, I am not even sure what you even mean by moe style. There are legitimate problems with the industry, one of those you even listed about more and more anime being produced, but it feels like you are more concerned about the decline in shows that personally appeal to you, rather than being concerned about the declining quality in Japanese animation.

I'd take moe over macho realism any day. We have enough macho bullshit in the West. Moe is a nice change of pace.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 4, 2016 3:21 AM

Jul 2013
Old anime are creative because they are the first of its kind.
Feb 4, 2016 3:22 AM

Oct 2010
That's actually a good reason to never get too invested on anime: if I watch 1000 or 2000 titles only to come to the conclusion that some era is better than another, then I'm probably doing something terribly wrong. This focus is incredibly juvenile. It's reducing anime to the lowest common denominator, turning it into a bunch of stats and generalizations. Anime was better and more intelligent in the 80s as opposed to this show was better and more intelligent than this other.

I'm also scared because this line of thought usually comes with more confidence to throw in meaningless buzzwords.

Not to mention the terrible setting of the debate. If you are going to make this shit, keep it to your blog. We are here to discuss concepts, not to move in circles around your opinion. It'is not transcendental and shouldn't be the subject of discussion. It's the subject of discussion what should drive your opinion, not the contrary.
TyrelFeb 4, 2016 4:13 AM
Feb 4, 2016 4:16 AM

Sep 2011
After going through this thread, I see no further reason to keep it open. The OP has thrown baits and the works throughout the whole thread and others as well. I have cleaned this thread despite it not staying open any longer. This topic is also a duplicate of many other previously created topics where people try to say older anime is better and so on.

Seeing as how this thread is a duplicate made from previous threads, and how it already has 3 pages, I will keep it locked instead of removing it. Merging would ruin the previous lock messages of older threads.

Thread Locked
TyrelFeb 4, 2016 4:19 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

725 by internetguy214 »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime would be better if it killed off its main character in order for the secondary main character to shine?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

8 by SgtBateMan »»
7 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

126 by jal90 »»
20 minutes ago

» How well do your tastes mesh with your friends who also love anime?

RobertBobert - Sep 26

15 by MasterTasuke »»
25 minutes ago

» AMV HELL 8.5 Is Out

RareAnimeHunter - Yesterday

13 by RareAnimeHunter »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.