Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 24, 2015 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
Arcanix said:
He obviously isn't alone if he indeed is Floppy.

Wait is Amon supposed to be with Aogiri? If so, that's not a happy environment.
I mean if he escaped from Aogiri they wouldn't let him stay alive, and Eto clearly said to Ayato to kill "Floppy" if he shows up.
Damn where's chapter 59..
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Dec 24, 2015 2:42 PM

Dec 2015
I agree with you Arcanix on most points, but man, you have some serious problems concerning other people. It seems everything everyone says bothers you. Chill, dude..
Dec 24, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2014
Thanks for your concern, but i'm already swimming through cold water and can't function properly. I need a bit of sun, but we are heading into a long night and i don't think that i can survive that long.
It's dark as hell, there's fog and it's full of sharks. How will i be able to reach "the island".
Dec 24, 2015 2:49 PM

Dec 2015
Arcanix said:
Thanks for your concern, but i'm already swimming through cold water and can't function properly. I need a bit of sun, but we are heading into a long night and i don't think that i can survive that long.
It's dark as hell, there's fog and it's full of sharks. How will i be able to reach "the island".

I guess you can't be helped, then.
Dec 24, 2015 2:53 PM

Jul 2014
Help yourself and stop reading these threads or tg discussions in general, if you know what is good for you.
I'm too deep down the rabbit hole to return.
Dec 24, 2015 3:19 PM

Dec 2015
Arcanix said:
Help yourself and stop reading these threads or tg discussions in general, if you know what is good for you.

I think you should debate instead of replying shit, that said I have nothing against you but jesus sometimes you are annoying.

Dec 24, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2015
SleighBells said:
Arcanix said:

I think you should debate instead of replying shit, that said I have nothing against you but jesus sometimes you are annoying.

"The night is dark and full of terrors..." that is what I expect every time I come onto these forums. You either get the annoying smartass, the tolerable ones, and the ones that can't seem to read a chapter for the life of them.

deadoptimist said:
*sigh* Ppl around here like to nitpick so much. The point is that arata would move Amon to the ghouls' side and possibly make Touka or her brother involved.

Also, really, Kaneki sees Rize and talks to her in his hallucinations, Eto's kagune talk, Kaneki's kagune get mouths of their own after he eats Eto's, CCG members have strange relationships with their quinques, eating one's kakuhou gives one's strength to the cannibal - it's obvious that ghouls' lives are somewhat transferred and prolonged through kakuhou and kagune. Plot-wise they act similarly to blood in vampire fiction. And Amon basically gets a very strong version of that.
Though you could've noticed that I stated options broadly. I hope no one would insist that it's completely unrealistic for their world that he is heavily affected by a full-kakuja armor. Or it could work in reverse - Touka would be interested in him, cause he looks like her dad. It's speculation, I don't try to prove "scientifically" the color of someone's hair.

Well while I think it would be cool to see some Arata in action with other characters, it just doesn't make sense at this point in time. It would be a good way to reintroduce Touka into the story but how would Floppy break into a CCG headquarters by himself? They haven't mentioned it and you have got to know damn well that Ishida woulda foreshadowed it by now if Arata had been stolen.
And at this point in time, speculation, Amon/Floppy seems to be on his own side as he was a failed experiment in the eyes of Aoigir and he may know the fucked up side of the CCG from Kanou.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 24, 2015 3:53 PM

Jul 2014
bobzanny said:
Well while I think it would be cool to see some Arata in action with other characters, it just doesn't make sense at this point in time. It would be a good way to reintroduce Touka into the story but how would Floppy break into a CCG headquarters by himself? They haven't mentioned it and you have got to know damn well that Ishida woulda foreshadowed it by now if Arata had been stolen.
And at this point in time, speculation, Amon/Floppy seems to be on his own side as he was a failed experiment in the eyes of Aoigir and he may know the fucked up side of the CCG from Kanou.

I am already kinda scared to cite the manga, but wasn't Arata II on Amon, when he was lost? (During the owl fight at the end of TG.) I mean I definitely remember him using it.
And yeah, it's obvious that something keeps him from returning to CCG, that's the one thing we know. Maybe it's his condition, maybe it's some secrets he knows. At the end of TG he was willing to look into things himself too, so he may be in no hurry.
Dec 24, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2015
deadoptimist said:
bobzanny said:
Well while I think it would be cool to see some Arata in action with other characters, it just doesn&#039;t make sense at this point in time. It would be a good way to reintroduce Touka into the story but how would Floppy break into a CCG headquarters by himself? They haven&#039;t mentioned it and you have got to know damn well that Ishida woulda foreshadowed it by now if Arata had been stolen. <br />
<br />
<br />
I am already kinda scared to cite the manga, but wasn&#039;t Arata II on Amon, when he was lost? (During the owl fight at the end of TG.)<br />
And yeah, it&#039;s obvious that something keeps him from returning to CCG, that&#039;s the one thing we know. Maybe it&#039;s his condition, maybe it&#039;s some secrets he knows. At the end of TG he was willing to look into things himself too, so he may be in no hurry.

He could have discovered some dirty secrets about CCG but idk, let's wait for the next chapters to judge.

Dec 24, 2015 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
deadoptimist said:
Also, really, Kaneki sees Rize and talks to her in his hallucinations

Kaneki also sees this kid in his hallucination. Impossible for him to be there in the hallucinations since you can't eat the kid version of yourself right?

Eto's kagune talk, Kaneki's kagune get mouths of their own after he eats Eto's,

There's already a reasonable explanation for it

Ghoul's life aren't transferred through the kakuhou. If that were the case then Yoshimura is probably drinking coffee right now and talking about how taking a life is an act of evil right behind Takizawa whenever he kills someone.
Z4KDec 24, 2015 4:04 PM
Dec 24, 2015 4:04 PM

Jul 2014
SleighBells said:
He could have discovered some dirty secrets about CCG but idk, let's wait for the next chapters to judge.

Yeah, sure. As I say that's what I expected around the beginning of TG:re, but it's nowhere in sight, so maybe there will be something completely different.

-----
Btw, now that I check it, Arata - 2 was given to him during the last fight in chapter 133. Takizawa later sees him lying on the ground in his usual battle garb, but it's unclear whether someone could take it from him.
On the other side, there's this detail I forgot about - Tatara appears on the scene.

But we'll see. I hope the story will finally get to him too.

Z4k said:
Ghoul's life aren't transferred through the kakuhou. If that were the case then Yoshimura is probably drinking coffee right now and talking about how taking a life is an act of evil right behind Takizawa whenever he kills someone.

Z4k said:
There's already a reasonable explanation for it

That’s reasonable?.. She basically says “cuz I’m cool”.

TG is not a sci-fi. TGs often make symbols reality too, Otherwise Kaneki wouldn't change his hair color based on his inner state. And it's logical that he sees his own stuff - his younger self - in his dreams/visions during torture. I'd say the fact that Rize appears there is indicative that kakuhou transplantation gives some connection with the previous owner. With all the emphasis put on inheriting certain kagune, named quinques etc. it does seem to me that kagune are the soul of a ghoul.

Also it's a story with its own storytelling purposes. It won't take much to create a plausible explanation for kakuja quinque to affect it's wearer. If anything it was already said that an arata poses a huge strain on a CCG fighter. Let's say that, I dunno, it modifies it’s wearer brain activity to better resemble the original carrier, and being changed by arata will be also “reasonable”, or at least not much worse than a flesh-tree growing out of a mole. (Ex. it may stop an officer from killing a ghoul connected to arata's source.)

Also, please, note that I don’t claim that this idea is true already. It’s a version. Maybe he is a failed one-eye, but I still put more weight on arata. On the other hand, merging is a pure (hopeful) speculation. It would be interesting, but maybe he just has turned into ghoul ,without a baggage from other one’s past.
deadoptimistDec 24, 2015 4:25 PM
Dec 24, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
deadoptimist said:
That’s reasonable?.. She basically says “cuz I’m cool”.

What? No it literally explains why Kaneki is capable of doing this

Kaneki never ate Tsukiyama's kakuhou or whatever you're suggesting but in the pic you can clearly see him imitating his kagune. Also it's not just him and eto who have been using their kagune creatively.

Matsumae using it as a shield and sword

Ayato hardening the kagune and using it as a huge blade

deadoptimist said:
TG is not a sci-fi. TGs often make symbols reality too, Otherwise Kaneki wouldn't change his hair color based on his inner state. And it's logical that he sees his own stuff - his younger self - in his dreams/visions during torture. I'd say the fact that Rize appears there is indicative that kakuhou transplantation gives some connection with the previous owner. With all the emphasis put on inheriting certain kagune, named quinques etc. it does seem to me that kagune are the soul of a ghoul.

Also it's a story with its own storytelling purposes. It won't take much to create a plausible explanation for kakuja quinque to affect it's wearer. If anything it was already said that an arata poses a huge strain on a CCG fighter. Let's say that, I dunno, it modifies it’s wearer brain activity to better resemble the original carrier, and being changed by arata will be also “reasonable”, or at least not much worse than a flesh-tree growing out of a mole. (Ex. it may stop an officer from killing a ghoul connected to arata's source.)

Also, please, note that I don’t claim that this idea is true already. It’s a version. Maybe he is a failed one-eye, but I still put more weight on arata. On the other hand, merging is a pure (hopeful) speculation. It would be interesting, but maybe he just has turned into ghoul ,without a baggage from other one’s past.

You're outright denying my statements that are backed up by facts from the manga with baseless assumptions here. Not that I disagree with the possibilities of Arata fusing but kakuhous don't transfer memories, souls or anything. There's nothing that implies that in the manga.
Dec 24, 2015 5:37 PM

Nov 2014

Kaneki doesn't change his hair color based on his inner mental state. It turned white because of the torture, then it gradually turned black again. If it changed color based on his mental state, shouldn't it be turning a different color than black right now, considering Haise's hair was turning black as well?

deadoptimist said:
TG is not a sci-fi.

It fits more in the Science Fiction genre than it does in the Fantasy genre, that's for sure.

Everything that happens in Tokyo Ghoul is (in that universe) scientifically possible. Nothing impossible / supernatural happens or exists, such as magic or whatever.

Anyway, nothing has even been shown that inclines us to believe that getting a ghoul's kakuhou transplanted to you gives you a connection to that certain ghoul. Kaneki hallucinates about Rize because she played a major part in his life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2015 8:02 PM
Dec 2015
Well, Kaneki's change in mental state is reflected by his hair, but there's always a proper explanation:

Original color: Black

White-
It turned white over a long period of time (torture) due to stress.
Symbolic for the 180 degree shift in belief. From being harmed to the one who harmed. From the one who's stolen from to the one who takes. From indecisive to decisive.

Haise color (dichromatic?)-
His hair naturally is regaining its color. The stress is gone.
Symbolic for the mix he represents.
Similar to the original one due to his nice and overly considerate nature, but is burdened by his "unknown" past as a ghoul. The white is representative of what he used to be (ghoul) and how it continuously plagues him, and the black seems to be more representative of his personality.

Black(?) (Fight vs Eto)-
It was already turning black + his head got split open (blood) so his hair looks a bit darker.
Yes. Yes. I know how crappy Chibi's theories are, but the whole point is that it doesn’t matter if his hair is friggin covered in blood. It LOOKS dark because of the blood + the actual black.
Symbolic for the shift back to the original Ken, but in a “truer” form.

Okay, and about the whole Sci-fi vs Fantasy argument. TG is more like a realistic fantasy. Ghouls themselves are unrealistic (no. Kaugene, instant regen, etc probably can't happen from a scientific standpoint), but IF they could, the whole ordeal is extremely realistic.
Ishida's style is extremely reminiscent of Kafka's storytelling: change one element of the story to be extremely unrealistic, but keep the rest of the story as true to the real world as possible.

This makes issues that are hard to talk about (othering in general) easier to talk about since the reader is "detached" from the story due to the fantasy element.

Okay.
/end rant
Dec 24, 2015 11:07 PM

Dec 2015
Arcanix said:

If you say so. I can't see what's wrong with respecting other people's opinions and thoughts about the manga, even though they're silly sometimes.
Dec 25, 2015 12:31 AM

Dec 2014
Silly is quite an understatement.
Dec 25, 2015 12:58 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
Silly is quite an understatement.

Let's not discuss this anymore. After all, this is chapter discussion
Dec 25, 2015 2:19 AM

Dec 2015
This is a Manga after all, it has its own "logic" and "scientific explanations" but still a Manga, you'll never know what could happen this is why I like to read theories even if they sometimes sound silly and unrealistic.
Most likely Amon had a traumatic experience after Tatara wounded and presumably took him away, that said I wouldn't rule any theory out coz only Ishida knows.

Dec 25, 2015 2:23 AM

Jul 2014
Kajmakk said:

Let's not discuss this anymore. After all, this is chapter discussion

Yep, you're right.

Anyway back to the topic, I'm quite surprised that Ishida hasn't revealed how Kaneki's soul and memories entered in Haise. I wonder if the quinx are going to turn into Kaneki clones too.
But now that we found out that this Kaneki clone is actually an Arima clone, i can't help but wonder how does the CCG do that?
Is this Haise guy the only clone that they have? Do they plan on doing more? Is there something that stops them from creating more?
Ishida once again is forgetting to tell us important things. I actually believe that Urie is going to regain the memories of Kaneki, he's going to get white hair from all the stress that he'll be put to and then they're going to use Arima to make a another Arima clone.
Now that Aogiri can actually make many owl clones(we found this in this chapter), the CCG do need to do something to actually have a chance in the war against them.
Arima + Arima clone(Haise) + the quinx that can potentially can become Arima/Kaneki clones could stand a chance against Aogiri.
Maybe V is behind all of this and they actually have Kaneki's real body and maybe this Arima is just another Arima clone.
The real Kaneki may actually be an Arima clone that actually has grown up. They probably implanted his mom with Arima cells and she has given birth to this Arima clone and now that it's all grown up(this is why Kaneki doesn't remember his father, he never had one)... V probably worked with the clowns so that they can guide this Arima clone back to CCG/V, so they can use it against other ghouls.
Can't wait for Ishida to actually show us the real Arima and i can't wait for them to show us the real Kaneki(first Arima clone)'s real body and what has happened to it after the fight against the Arima clone.
Man, this is all such a big mistery, can't wait for Ishida to unveil it to us.
ArcanixDec 25, 2015 2:31 AM
Dec 25, 2015 2:31 AM

Jul 2014
Ok, guys, if you think TG is realistic, we, probably, really won't reach an agreement. I don't think it is even all that consistent, and it certainly allows itself a lot of freedom.

I don't think talking kagune, contacted after eating kagune material of another ghoul, fall under "creative usage".
I mean one thing is the usage (also there're types, that somewhat define it, well, defined it in TG), another - mouths and ?minds of the kagune. Even if it's indicative of a certain brand of madness, he didn't have it, before he ate it.

Kafka is realistic? Eh...
Change one element and write a coherent world - is indeed a sci-fi priciple, but does Kafka folow it? I dunno, but to me his work seemes not exactly concerned with it.

As for the hair - yeah, there's a popular idea that a person goes grey-haired at once, but normally hair don't change pigmentation, once grown.
So, to get a black haired Kaneki of the end of the last chapter, he'd need to lose all his grey hair specifically or to color them. I am all on the scientific board with you here, if it turns out that it involved a pack of hair-dye.

Even though I don't push for my initial expectations to be true, I honestly don't see them impossible from the relative realism point in this series. There're many strange things already anyways.
But we'll see. Maybe the failed one-eye is the way it will go.

Though it's surprising to me how opposed everyone is to speculation. It's not that I ask, who is Eto, too.
deadoptimistDec 25, 2015 2:15 PM
Dec 25, 2015 6:27 AM
Feb 2015
Helloo everyone! Just finished Tokyo Ghoul:re. Started by 3am, so haven't gotten any sleep 😂 Greatly, greatly enjoyed it.I just need to type about it or I won't be able to sleep.
These guys....their lives really really suck. I'm still slightly on the human's side (only because I'm human really, and both sides are equally gray). I literally see no way for anything to end happily in this manga. Not Kaneki's life, not the ghoul-human problems, nothing.
There isn't even any hope, one specie will eventually kill off the other (Kaneki will probably be dead by then; or be so crazy he's useless as a character).
Like gawsh, there's no realistic way for Kaneki to come out of this sane and/or happy. Also, that author person=Eto? Good Lord.
Also, I miss Hide. And I love Tsukiyama. I've always liked him but it was great seeing a lot more of his personality and background. In a lot of other animanga, 'the creepy pervet guy' tend to remain just that, without any other info.
Poor Shirazui, won't be surprised if he becomes something like Takizawa (also, Takizawa, don't even know how to react to him the poor bastard). I think I enjoy Tokyo Ghoul: re more than Tokyo Ghoul actually. It's the characters more than anything else.

...this might not have been entirely coherent, but fuck it 😁 I needed to rant (in a good way). There is very little I don't love about :re. The art, and all the other stuff, I just really enjoy.Ah Kaneki, the poor fool, he just wanted to go out on a date 😭
Dec 25, 2015 6:29 AM
Feb 2015
Also, Arima. I need to know more about him. He's the only character with hardly any hint about his motivations or emotions.
Dec 25, 2015 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
Mother of speedreading....
Dec 25, 2015 8:19 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:

Man I started reading Tokyo Ghoul the 12th of December, finished first 143 chapters in 4 days and :re in 2, subscribed to this site the 18th.

Regarding who is right between Humans or Ghouls, if we follow the human logic then Ghouls are right.
I don't remember who said it (tell me if you do) but Humans eat Cows, Chickens and so on, why shouldn't Ghouls eat Humans? It's the circle of the life...

Dec 25, 2015 8:28 AM

Jul 2014
But the relationships between ghouls and humans is fundamentally different from the one we have with animals. Bot humans and ghouls are undeniably sentient and self-consious and can communicate, they are similar too. We can't communicate well with animals, and their sentience is debatable (obviously lower in any case). Also we breed our livestock.
Dec 25, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
SleighBells said:
Nuvviveji said:

Man I started reading Tokyo Ghoul the 12th of December, finished first 143 chapters in 4 days and :re in 2, subscribed to this site the 18th.

Regarding who is right between Humans or Ghouls, if we follow the human logic then Ghouls are right.
I don't remember who said it (tell me if you do) but Humans eat Cows, Chickens and so on, why shouldn't Ghouls eat Humans? It's the circle of the life...
Well getting hyped to finish a series is okay and all but the problem with speedreading is that you miss out on a lot of stuff.......and then come and spout nonsense like that African lad.

Although some people have low reading comprehension as is and that gets more noticeable as the manga gets more popular.
In the same time I'm glad for Ishida that his manga is doing great and am not glad because it attracts some people it shouldn't.
Dec 25, 2015 9:33 AM
Feb 2015
Why was Touka not wearing any mask this chapter? That really threw me of in this chapter...
Dec 25, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Hawk_Knight said:
Why was Touka not wearing any mask this chapter? That really threw me of in this chapter...
Hmm, forgot to comment on that.
It's like she left it home on purpose, because fuck it, Ayato will take the blame.
Dec 25, 2015 10:04 AM
Feb 2015
Nuvviveji said:
Hawk_Knight said:
Hmm, forgot to comment on that.
It's like she left it home on purpose, because fuck it, Ayato will take the blame.

That might be it :p but i was thinking this should have some deeper meaning since this is Ishida-sensei and they always wear the masks normally as well as her identity was not exposed so far. I can´t even begin to imagine what is going on here...
Dec 25, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
She wanted to look cool. That's why.
Dec 25, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
SleighBells said:
<br />
Man I started reading Tokyo Ghoul the 12th of December, finished first 143 chapters in 4 days and :re in 2, subscribed to this site the 18th.<br />
<br />
Regarding who is right between Humans or Ghouls, if we follow the human logic then Ghouls are right.<br />
I don&#039;t remember who said it (tell me if you do) but Humans eat Cows, Chickens and so on, why shouldn&#039;t Ghouls eat Humans? It&#039;s the circle of the life...
Well getting hyped to finish a series is okay and all but the problem with speedreading is that you miss out on a lot of stuff.......and then come and spout nonsense like that African lad.<br />
<br />
Although some people have low reading comprehension as is and that gets more noticeable as the manga gets more popular.<br />
In the same time I&#039;m glad for Ishida that his manga is doing great and am not glad because it attracts some people it shouldn&#039;t.

Hmm I don't agree, speedreading =/= missing a lot of stuff, I understood almost everything about the Manga, while I was reading I was keeping notes of the things I didn't understand and in the end I "studied" the entire Wiki.

Am I one of those who shouldn't be attracted by TG?

Dec 25, 2015 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
SleighBells said:
Nuvviveji said:
Well getting hyped to finish a series is okay and all but the problem with speedreading is that you miss out on a lot of stuff.......and then come and spout nonsense like that African lad.<br />
<br />
Although some people have low reading comprehension as is and that gets more noticeable as the manga gets more popular.<br />
In the same time I&#039;m glad for Ishida that his manga is doing great and am not glad because it attracts some people it shouldn&#039;t.

Hmm I don't agree, speedreading =/= missing a lot of stuff, I understood almost everything about the Manga, while I was reading I was keeping notes of the things I didn't understand and in the end I "studied" the entire Wiki.

Am I one of those who shouldn't be attracted by TG?
I'm not talking about you. I think you read it in a reasonable amount of time. Also I still stick to my claim that speedreading is bad, most people don't bother to check the Wiki, not even mentioning writing stuff down. They just skim through the chapters looking for 'cool' stuff like fighting and such, not giving two shits about the 10 or so chapters of buld-up that caused the 'cool' stuff to occur.

No, you're not the type of people I was talking about. I'm sorry if my post offended you.
UltvejDec 25, 2015 10:51 AM
Dec 25, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
I wonder if mutsuki will become a greater aid in combat and how shirazu and haise bieng gone will effect her (him). Saiko as well
Dec 25, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
pretentiousgabby said:
I wonder if mutsuki will become a greater aid in combat and how shirazu and haise bieng gone will effect her (him). Saiko as well

Yea Ishida will probably begin to develop them more in the coming chapters. Which will be gladly welcomed from me.
Dec 25, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2014
pretentiousgabby said:

He (I'll stick with this one for the sake of clarity) has advanced a lot, and even got guidance from Juuzou. I think he is already pretty strong. Though, probably, it's not the top form, and there's a long road ahead, especially in terms of self-confidence.
I look forward to seeing his relationships with new Urie, they have a good chemistry, though the squad will be a bit boring and straight-faced without Shirazu.

But, yeah, it's interesting what will become of Saiko. There's no time left for her to play weak, no protection from Haise too.
I think she'll become considerably strong. It seems that she is one of Ishida's darlings.
Dec 25, 2015 11:43 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:

No, you're not the type of people I was talking about. I'm sorry if my post offended you.

Nothing to be sorry about.
Oh and I agree with the "speedreading without paying attention to the little things " part.

Dec 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2014
bobzanny said:
pretentiousgabby said:

Yea Ishida will probably begin to develop them more in the coming chapters. Which will be gladly welcomed from me.
Same

[quotl[/quote]

He (I'll stick with this one for the sake of clarity) has advanced a lot, and even got guidance from Juuzou. I think he is already pretty strong. Though, probably, it's not the top form, and there's a long road ahead, especially in terms of self-confidence.
I look forward to seeing his relationships with new Urie, they have a good chemistry, though the squad will be a bit boring and straight-faced without Shirazu.

But, yeah, it's interesting what will become of Saiko. There's no time left for her to play weak, no protection from Haise too.
I think she'll become considerably strong. It seems that she is one of Ishida's darlings.[/quote] yeah shirazu brought a dynamic to the team. And I agree with what you said about mutsuki.

I doubt it'll happen but I wouldn't be suprised seeing a slimmer saiko in the coming chapters.
Dec 25, 2015 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
Tyizor said:
TG is more like a realistic fantasy.

There is no such thing. I hope you realize how contradictory that statement is, and how stupid it sounds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Kvothe51 said:
Tyizor said:
TG is more like a realistic fantasy.

There is no such thing. I hope you realize how contradictory that statement is, and how stupid it sounds.
cmon you know what he means

It's a realistic type of story with fantasy elements(ghouls and such)
Dec 25, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
pretentiousgabby said:
I doubt it'll happen but I wouldn't be suprised seeing a slimmer saiko in the coming chapters.

That would be cool and logical, but I also don't yet see it - changing design so much is somewhat rare for a manga, I think.
On the other hand, there's not much choice, if she is going to fight more. Either she abandons CCG or changes a lot.

The one thing I am sure of - she won't die soon. She is a largely unexplored character, and she is geeky and bookish enough to become prominent. Ishida seems to like giving power to the bookish characters in his fighting world - Kaneki and Eto are like this. Saiko is not a reader, she is geeky, but she is very close to the type.
Dec 25, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
pretentiousgabby said:
Kvothe51 said:

The fact that every ''fantasy element'' can be scientifically explained in the story deviates it from the Fantasy genre.
Dec 25, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2014
Yeah I get what you're saying. And she has the strongest kagune to go along with her geek and book qualities.

Kvothe51 said:
pretentiousgabby said:

The fact that every ''fantasy element'' can be scientifically explained in the story deviates it from the Fantasy genre.
guess you learn something new everyday. I thought fantasy no matter how well explained in a story was still fantasy
Dec 25, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2014
I'd say it's an urban fantasy.
Dec 25, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Isn't it supposed to be supernatural?
Dec 25, 2015 8:52 PM
Dec 2015
Kvothe51 said:
pretentiousgabby said:

The whole point is that Ghouls themselves CAN'T be explained scientifically. It's all moot. However, if we assuming that the whole initial setting of "ghouls exist, and these are their specs" is true for this world in particular, everything else built around it is fairly realistic.
I explain that ^ (what I meant by "realistic fantasy") in my OP, but I'm guessing you didn't read it and jumped straight onto my "realistic fantasy" comment.

Honestly though, the the line between scifi and fantasy is a hazy one. It just depends on how plausible you believe something has to be in order for you to consider it scifi vs fantasy.

Can you say with certainty that Kaugene and RC cells are possible biological evolutions? If you look into it, I guarantee that I'll be increasingly implausible for something like that to happen.

And I swear.
If you make the "everything's possible regardless of how implausible and that's what makes sci fi" argument, I will punch you.

Why? Since technically magic is completely possible if you start explaining it through some kind of elaborate bs (Elfen lied for example. Such BS, but a few more strings pulled here and there and it'd be reasonable). In that case, there's absolutely no line between Sci-fi and fantasy.

If you're able to convince yourself that "it's possible", then yes, it can be considered sci fi.
If you're not able to (like me), then it's more reasonable to call the ghoul element "fantasy"

In the end, it's all objective.
TyizorDec 25, 2015 8:55 PM
Dec 26, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2015
Dec 26, 2015 11:50 AM
May 2012
Question, why wasn't touka wearing a mask?
Dec 26, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Reeza said:

becuz she wanted to look cool
Dec 26, 2015 12:54 PM

Dec 2015
Reeza said:

It could be a clue that they WANT to get involved in the storyline and they don't care anymore about being discovered.
Sleigh2BellsDec 26, 2015 12:59 PM

Dec 26, 2015 4:17 PM

Nov 2014
SleighBells said:
Reeza said:

It could be a clue that they WANT to get involved in the storyline and they don't care anymore about being discovered.

That doesn't make any sense. She can get involved while wearing a mask, no need to give away her identity.

Unless she, for some reason, wants to be chased down by the CCG. And if they both wanted that, Yomo wouldn't be wearing a mask at all.
Kvothe51Dec 26, 2015 4:53 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 75 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

111 by almightybismarck »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2016

102 by almightybismarck »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.