Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2010 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'd probably love it if I was about 10 years younger :D
So 4/5

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 25, 2011 2:59 PM

Feb 2009
Everybody wants kung fu fighting! tiriri titi ti ti ti
Nov 4, 2013 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
Wtf was going on with the gold cloth at the end? Why was it flying by it's own?
Jun 29, 2014 11:46 PM
May 2013
Shiryu should take that guy's eyes , is not like his cosmo will make another miracle .
Jul 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
Zarnaav said:
Shiryu should take that guy's eyes , is not like his cosmo will make another miracle .

This is not Naruto ;p
Apr 4, 2015 7:05 PM

May 2009
I'm glad Shiryu was able to overcome his fears and worries, though I felt bad for ohko at the end. Still loving Seiya's determination to repair Shiryu's eyes. Best BROTP EVER!
Nov 9, 2017 8:02 PM

Jun 2016
Ohko came out of nowhere and his backstory was shoved in our faces as he told Old Master, someone who should have already known, as a surrogate for the audience. I will excuse the fact that we don't know everything about the Saint's, and we definitely didn't know Shiryu's background in depth so Ohko's existence makes sense, but it still feels a little off. I wish maybe we got some foreshadowing of some kind at some point.

The blind battle was a really cool concept. I loved how the music cut when Ohko jumped out of the water and went for Shiryu's throat, and I especially loved how Shiryu flipped himself with his own body weight to snap Ohko's arm. Brutal! "You said it yourself, the fight is just beginning". And with Saint Seiya tradition we get a funeral scene, this one much less focused on than the others, but it's interesting to see how Shiryu presents himself. I would consider him the most self sacrificial and the most considerate, but he also happens to hold himself together the best of the bunch. Ikki can be a bit edgy and angry, Seiya jumps the gun, Shun is a baby sometimes, and Hyoga is either arrogant or emotional. Shiryu went to face his childhood partner, ready for death and ended up killing him and having a funeral for him without shedding a tear. The true husbando, the stoic Shiryu! I truly hope he stays blind throughout the series, after all he did obtain something greater than sight, a true resolve.

If I'm reading into this right, thematically Ohko lost because of his mindset. We heard both of their resolves, and even had Ohko concede that Shiryu's was right at the end. If that's not proof I don't know what is. Ohko stated that strength is defeating the opponent and surviving, but true strength, according to Saint Seiya, is fighting for a just purpose, ready to die for it. Self sacrifice is definitely a motif that we see a lot, and it makes sense with this theme. Because of this Shiryu was able to harness his true cosmos, and to be honest this type of level up is fine! It makes total sense for someone with a strong resolve to fight stronger and better.

The episode ended with Mu gone and the golden armor flying to meet itself.. I wonder if Mu is involved, this is a development I hadn't expected. Poor Seiya, traveling all the way to Mu's mansion when he's not even there. At least Kiki mentioned he was there for the same reason as we heard he was going to awhile ago saving that potential plot hole.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsNov 24, 2017 6:25 AM
Nov 23, 2017 5:11 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Ohko came out of nowhere and his backstory was shoved in our faces as he told Old Master, someone who should have already known, as a surrogate for the audience. I will excuse the fact that we don't know everything about the Saint's, and we definitely didn't know Shiryu's background in depth so Ohko's existence makes sense, but it still feels a little off. I wish maybe we got some foreshadowing of some kind at some point.

He is another anime only character that is not a creation of Kurumada. This filler isn't bad though. It helps Shiryu's development as a saint and Ohko is a cool character ;)
Jan 18, 2022 10:50 PM

Jun 2020
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Basically Ohko is a short-time character. So, I feel that we donot require huge time investment to setup his backstory. They took two episodes and lad his backstory in parts which I felt was sufficient enough. I didn't feel that the Ohko backstory was shoved to us.
Overall, according to me, except the shoving of backstory part, I agree with all the remaining parts of your argument.
Nov 27, 2022 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty good comeback arc for Shiryu. I really enjoyed the final battle between him and Ohko. Farewell to the Tiger.
Feb 23, 10:15 AM

Nov 2015
ah yeah, kill him because this is a filler episode *rolls eyes* 🙄 2/5 awful days.
WHAT!? I FORGOT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GATHERING OF GOLD ARMOR PARTS, BUT WHATEVER NOW IT'S MOVING ON HIS OWN... NO ONE HAS IT IN THEIR HANDS AT THE END 👎
Anyway, end of rant. onto the next ep which is canon 😬

💢

Jun 26, 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
Ofc they try to sneak in a cheeky redemption before his death, fuck him, glad he's dead.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 62 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 3, 2010

11 by SilverCrono »»
Jul 21, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 114 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Dec 2, 2012

24 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jul 10, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 33 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

8 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 23, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 32 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

8 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 23, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.