Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2015 1:46 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

Just seemed funny to me.

Not my type of funny to see a girl get pushed around into wearing revealing outfits out of her consent. :(

No, you clearly like random idol events for no good reason.

Subjective humour is subjective.
Mar 8, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

Just seemed funny to me.

Not my type of funny to see a girl get pushed around into wearing revealing outfits out of her consent. :(

The second season was great though
Mar 8, 2015 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
Kreion said:

Wait, what random idol events?
Mar 8, 2015 1:48 PM
Mar 2011
exmaple of a good sports anime op

heres another

naother
[yt]ekkyoVTNSu8][yt]

hares fouth
DateYutakaMar 8, 2015 1:52 PM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 8, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:

You seen Kyoukai no Kanata?
Mar 8, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Kreion said:
mayukachan said:

Yeah. That was the only worthwhile episode, to be honest. I was really disappointed that Suzuki Tatsuhisa or KENN didn't sing though :(
Mar 8, 2015 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:

Yeah. That was the only worthwhile episode, to be honest. I was really disappointed that Suzuki Tatsuhisa or KENN didn't sing though :(

I hope you're being sarcastic...the only stand out episodes of that series were the shadow ep (ep 3 I think) and the last ep bar the very end.
Mar 8, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
Kreion said:
mayukachan said:

I hope you're being sarcastic...the only stand out episodes of that series were the shadow ep (ep 3 I think) and the last ep bar the very end.

I'm not being sarcastic. I didn't like mostly every episode. The second stand out moment was the fireworks scene and...maybe Hiroomi's scarf fanservice in the special eps. :')
Mar 8, 2015 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
Some people just don't understand the quality of moe girls and topless bishounens.
Mar 8, 2015 1:54 PM
Mar 2011
Free opning did not hype me up for the subject of the anime like all the ops listed abpove
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 8, 2015 1:54 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:

I'm not being sarcastic. I didn't like mostly every episode. The second stand out moment was the fireworks scene and...maybe Hiroomi's scarf fanservice in the special eps. :')

Well considering everything about the series I liked you didn't like and vice versa, there's not much reason to keep talking about it xD Clearly we didn't watch it for the same reason...either way it's not a good show, I guess we can probably agree on that.
Mar 8, 2015 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:

I love how your profile pic and your banner show Mirai while you're only liking the one episode of Kyoukai no Kanata that was (awesome, but) kind of random and completely unnecessary
Mar 8, 2015 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
Cakedog said:
When I watched K-On! and Haruhi the only thing I was wondering is what kind of people these shows appealed to.

From K-On!: "Azusa-chan, you're so cute! Say meow!"

From Haruhi: "I've got pictures of your sexual harassment. If you don't want me to spread them around the school..."

Lol.
Like really ngga, this is the reason why the term "lowest common denominator" is thrown around so much on the internet.
smh
Here come the empty buzz phrases pseudo-hipsters use to pretend they have high, worthwhile standards that place them above the fold.
Mar 8, 2015 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
Kreion said:
Well considering everything about the series I liked you didn't like and vice versa, there's not much reason to keep talking about it xD Clearly we didn't watch it for the same reason...either way it's not a good show, I guess we can probably agree on that.

I watched the show because I thought it would be like Shinsekai Yori, which is the best dark fantasy anime ever :> Too bad there was too many glasses fetish jokes and moe moments which ruined the dark atmosphere they tried getting.

laraes said:
I love how your profile pic and your banner show Mirai while you're only liking the one episode of Kyoukai no Kanata that was (awesome, but) kind of random and completely unnecessary

Oh because I love the art and character design. x)

FGAU1912 said:
Free opning did not hype me up for the subject of the anime like all the ops listed abpove

It did for me :) I liked all the OP/EDs of Free!, honestly. Great songs too. OLDCODEX is fantastic.
Mar 8, 2015 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
Here come the empty buzz phrases pseudo-hipsters use to pretend they have high, worthwhile standards that place them above the fold.

At least make it a challenge.
Mar 8, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
My favourite character is Hiroomi but Mirai looks more like my persona :')
Mar 8, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
Gay or not, free will never appeal to me. To me it is as shit as I want it to be.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 8, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
black1blade said:
Gay or not, free will never appeal to me. To me it is as shit as I want it to be.

What do you think it'll be about?
Mar 8, 2015 2:01 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
Kreion said:

I watched the show because I thought it would be like Shinsekai Yori, which is the best dark fantasy anime ever :> Too bad there was too many glasses fetish jokes and moe moments which ruined the dark atmosphere they tried getting.

laraes said:

Oh because I love the art and character design. x)

See that's why I watched it - which is why I found all the moe bits horrible and didn't like them, but I guess I don't have a high tolerance for that kind of thing. I found the parts where the show at least tried to be interesting far better.

Also I do agree that the character design and animation in the series was pretty good, but as I said one of the reasons I dislike Kyoani is because they can never strike a good balance of pretty show and good show imo...aside from Hyouka. To its credit, Chuu2 also benefited greatly from their animation budget in the fantasy scenes and I don't think Free would have been as popular without the quality that was put into it.
Mar 8, 2015 2:02 PM
Aug 2010
FGAU1912 said:
mayukachan said:

So why is it poor?

one it has a poot ost fora sports anime
two i did not like any of the leads look at tsubasa for exmaple all members of th team in thta are laikalke to me

I don't see how either of those things have much to do with it being a poor sports anime. A poor ost or unlikable characters can show up in any show, regardless of genre. I thought you were going to talk about how it actually portrayed swimming.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Mar 8, 2015 2:02 PM

May 2014
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

guys dont fight plz :|
free! is sports anime and it has bromance in it, thats as far as it goes.
Mar 8, 2015 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
Cakedog said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

No surprise. Here, let's try a new game.

Go ahead, pick out the pandering and otaku servicing.
Mar 8, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

Half naked guys swimming. seems pretty gay to me.

Mar 8, 2015 2:07 PM
Mar 2011
Mikotoba said:
FGAU1912 said:

one it has a poot ost fora sports anime
two i did not like any of the leads look at tsubasa for exmaple all members of th team in thta are laikalke to me

I don't see how either of those things have much to do with it being a poor sports anime. A poor ost or unlikable characters can show up in any show, regardless of genre. I thought you were going to talk about how it actually portrayed swimming.

ost in impoatnat in soprts anime cuse is pumps you up for the subject of the show

see it the ops in posted they fit the sport and conent of the anim well

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
My favourite character is Hiroomi but Mirai looks more like my persona :')

Same with my avi. Scrondinger isn't a very good character and it honestly quite annoying (like me :p)

Aug 2010
black1blade said:
mayukachan said:

do you swim fully clothed?

FGAU1912 said:

ost in impoatnat in soprts anime cuse is pumps you up for the subject of the show
Oh, alright, I can understand that. I suppose the characters matter too, since teamwork is often a big theme in sports shows. Thanks for the explanation.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Mar 8, 2015 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
Mikotoba said:
black1blade said:

I know I do!
Mar 8, 2015 2:09 PM

Jun 2014
Okay, I stand corrected. I managed to find 3 good Anime that Kyoto Animation were involved in, 2 of which I own on DVD:

Shiawasette Naani

Fancy Lala

Pom Poko

Aug 2014
FGAU1912 said:
Mikotoba said:

Spell check plz. I often do retarded typing but I always check it over and correct things afterwards. It isn't so much stupidity that it shows, just laziness. Even if English isn't your primary language, it wouldn't hurt to take the extra minute each post ;)

Mar 2012
Mikotoba said:
black1blade said:

I mean, a wet suit - but they are illegal in swimming so it makes sense they weren't in the series.
Mar 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Mikotoba said:
black1blade said:

Oh god, please don't let them start. There was a guy who literally argued about the superiority of full body suits for 10 pages on the Free! sub-forum.

Edit: Too late, sighface.
Mar 8, 2015 2:11 PM

Aug 2014
Working_Designs said:
Okay, I stand corrected. I managed to find 3 good Anime that Kyoto Animation were involved in, 2 of which I own on DVD:

Shiawasette Naani

Fancy Lala

Pom Poko

*good in your opinion.
mayukachan said:
Mikotoba said:

I know I do!

Would it be normal for a straight guy to go down to the male only swimming pool to watch the guys swimming all day?

May 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Oh god, please don't let them start. There was a guy who literally argued about the superiority of full body suits for 10 pages on the Free! sub-forum.

this is both sad and hilarious at the same time :|

Jul 2012
I'm pretty sure there are both males and females who watch male swimming because they like the sport. :|
Mar 8, 2015 2:12 PM
Mar 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Mikotoba said:

Edit: Too late, sighface.

I mean, did you actually read how I praised the series for that? Or did you just have a knee-jerk reaction and assume I was complaining?

Aug 2014
I don't see how skin tight swim suits are better than being topless.

Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
Cakedog said:

No surprise. Here, let's try a new game.

Go ahead, pick out the pandering and otaku servicing.

I love it when people dig their own graves.

- Implying there's something strange/wrong with being female.
- Implying liking a few decent titles somehow redeems people from their overall questionable interests.

Not sure who you're trying to convince. Like what you want, even if it's sht.

Just live with the fact that other people have different opinions.
Has worked out for most people.
Mar 8, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
black1blade said:
I don't see how skin tight swim suits are better than being topless.

It was an insider joke?
Aug 2010
WAD1992 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

this is both sad and hilarious at the same time :|
jesus
mayukachan said:
I'm pretty sure there are both males and females who watch male swimming because they like the sport. :|
Especially if you're involved competitively.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Mar 2011
black1blade said:
FGAU1912 said:

Spell check plz. I often do retarded typing but I always check it over and correct things afterwards. It isn't so much stupidity that it shows, just laziness. Even if English isn't your primary language, it wouldn't hurt to take the extra minute each post ;)

take notice of my above posts about goodd sports anime opening

Mar 8, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:

What about when they do this -_- Also no nips=creepy

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
Working_Designs said:

Shiawasette Naani

Fancy Lala

Pom Poko

*good in your opinion.

Hey, I'm trying to speak positively about something for a change. Do you want me to go back to hating on stuff again?

Jul 2012
That wasn't even part of the anime. lmao

It was from the PV that promoted the LNs.

Want some nipples? Watch Love Stage!.
Jul 2018
black1blade said:
mayukachan said:

What about when they do this -_- Also no nips=creepy

That's just KyoAni doing what KyoAni does.
Mar 8, 2015 2:15 PM
Mar 2011
ie the liycal connent f the free op sucked fo the show

im ocmpare to all th op i posted as goo sports anime op

Mar 8, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Makoto Tachibana = best boy

Just had to say it.
Mar 8, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
Working_Designs said:
black1blade said:

*good in your opinion.

Hey, I'm trying to speak positively about something for a change. Do you want me to go back to hating on stuff again?

Just saying, some people may say all those shows/movies are shit. Every time you hate on something you are hating on something other people love. Not saying to stop bad mouthing stuff (although you should probably give new anime a chance) but just that you should think about the repercussions of your words. Or just say stuff is complete shit (like SAO) and have fun doing it

Mar 8, 2015 2:18 PM

Aug 2014
I don't like sports so I don't like sports anime. There are so many more interesting things than sport.

Mar 8, 2015 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
Of course this thread would be a complete shitshow, stop liking what I don't like etc.
Mar 8, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
You don't have to like a sport to enjoy a sports anime.

Who even likes Ping Pong anyway?

By the way, I hate basketball but Kuroko no Basuke made it interesting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What ruins an anime?

RealClutch - 2 hours ago

11 by Quadruple_Oi »»
36 seconds ago

» How well do your tastes mesh with your friends who also love anime?

RobertBobert - Sep 26

17 by BigMac7 »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7415 by ninja_donut »»
8 minutes ago

» Why I won't check out anime based on PC visual novels

littlepaul1002 - Sep 26

23 by Kruszer »»
18 minutes ago

» Favorite Anime Hair/Eye Colour Combinations

Quadruple_Oi - 4 hours ago

12 by MasterTasuke »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.