Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2009 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
Use this post to nominate 1 anime song. Read the rules over on the main page and don't forget to upload your track someplace.

All nominations will be closed after 10 tracks are nominated or until next Saturday rolls around. After that, we'll proceed to a voting phase. Feel free to discuss your nomination or other people's picks in this thread.

Theme: Pop Vocals
omo has demonstrated that he's the one pulling the strings behind this contest. First, his call for the nomination of "Libera Me" got the desired response. And now, the random number generator hath favored him and selected one of his suggestions.

For the sake of variety (so we don't have what might be two Legendary weeks in a row), I'll pick his Pop Vocals suggestion.
zzeroparticleJun 7, 2009 10:43 AM
Anime Instrumentality - Anime music news and soundtrack reviews
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 7, 2009 2:07 PM

Jun 2008
Song Title: Kanjite Knight
Anime Title: Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen
Artist: ULTIMATE LAZY for MAZINGER (JAM Project + Lazy)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcuHUhKnrw

I thought this might be a bit too rock sounding for thee pop theme. I thought about Aoi Hana from Casshern SINS too, it might have been more popish. (2 new spins on old school anime what are the coincidences) I'm not entirely sure if I understand the theme this week but I thought to nominate something newer. Mazinger is airing this season but has a pretty awesome opening song. Tons and tons of energy in the vocals match the energy of the music and background singers. The chorus is catchy as hell and easy to memorize. A nice characteristic in a pop song it makes it memorable and people to sing along. My only complaint is that as a pop-rock it has a tendency to get repetitive and the novelty may wear off.
takaJun 7, 2009 2:16 PM
Jun 7, 2009 6:21 PM
Nov 2007
Song Title: Glass no Hana
Anime Title: White Album
Artist: Mizuki Nana (orz)
Link: http://lelangir.dotq.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/02-glass-no-hana.mp3

One of my favorite insert songs ever. Nana-sama's voice is really fitting here (well, it's fitting everywhere...) especially at 2:22 when she says something like "iitai iyenai yo". In fact, I love when she says "mo" in that sentence, or rather, I have no clue what the word is. She either says "yo" "mo" or "no", though my runespeak cannot comprehend, but what I liked from that one line is the sexy consonant sound right there. Yes. Very memorable melody for me as well.

Runner up piece was "Wakatteita Hazu" from Fushigu Yuugi.
Jun 7, 2009 8:24 PM
Aug 2008
zzeroparticle said:

omo has demonstrated that he's the one pulling the strings behind this contest. First, his call for the nomination of "Libera Me" got the desired response. And now, the random number generator hath favored him and selected one of his suggestions.

For the sake of variety (so we don't have what might be two Legendary weeks in a row), I'll pick his Pop Vocals suggestion.

Excellent!
/mr burns

Yes, maybe full-orchestra week should be put off after some other time.
Jun 7, 2009 11:55 PM
Dec 2007
Song Title: Ai Oboete Imasuka
Anime Title: Macross: The Movie
Artist: Mari Ijima
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4f9sctSrOM

=D It's a classic. Probably one of the first few mentionable insert songs in anime and I don't think I have to say much about it. Enjoy!
Jun 8, 2009 7:55 AM

Sep 2007
Song Title : Groovin' Magic
Anime Title : Top wo Nerae! 2 Diebuster
Composer/Artist : ROUND TABLE feat. Nino
Link : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9SEFIAQH

Pop Vocals : The intro gives us the beat right at the start of the song. Pop is something like this : easy to remember, easy to hum and above all, instantly enjoyable ! And this piece of music is catchy. Simple song yet the melody rules the universe. With cute lyrics and a neat rythm, it easily made it to my all-time pantheon. I feel the pop music in this, I feel happiness ! I don't know how to express the feeling that rises in me when I listen to Groovin' Magic 'cause yes, it is magic !
Jun 8, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
Oh man I thought of Groovin' Magic too. ROUND TABLE feat. Nino have a lot of good ones to choose from.
Jun 8, 2009 9:21 PM

Sep 2008
humbug23 said:
Song Title: Sora ni Mau (Lit: Dance in the Sky)
Anime Title: Hatsukoi Limited (ep9 ED)
Artist: marble

Haha. Yeah, I can sympathize, especially after just finishing that episode. The part where that song was played had be going "daawwwwwwww" the entire time :3

Anyhow...

Song Title: Michishirube
Anime Title: Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~
Artist: Yuumao
Link: http://www.animeinstrumentality.net/anisongs/Kashimashi%20-%20Michishirube.mp3

I was agonizing between choosing the various Kashimashi tracks because if there was anything about this series that jumped out at me, it was its enjoyable vocal music. Basically, the choice boiled down to "Compass ~Egao no Yukue~" and this song, and I pretty much picked this one for being really soft and subtle in its approach while packing plenty of emotion. Yuumao's singing definitely hits all the right spots with me and it's an outro that I can keep watching time after time just to listen to the music.
Jun 9, 2009 4:03 AM
May 2009
Song Title: Wasurenaide (Don't Forget)
Anime Title: Kimikiss ~Pure Rouge~
Artist: Suara
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?etzikooymzo

I don't have a vast library of anisongs like some other people... this is one of the ones that I like. I'm sure everyone here's familiar with Suara's singing prowess.... enjoy XD
Jun 9, 2009 4:11 AM

Mar 2008
My first inclination was to go something obvious like a Key song. But I figured it's better for all concerned to go something slightly off-mainstream.

Song Title: I do!
Anime Title: Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~
Composer/Artist: The Indigo
Link: http://behind-the.nihonreview.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/01%20I%20Do!.mp3

Upbeat fluffy J-pop piece with a great bassline and a slightly tropical feel. Forgettable anime, but music like this is well and truly guilty pleasure territory for me. This tune is particularly delightful. Wait for the trumpet solo!

Off topic, a lot of people are picking artists I'd have picked, but not necessarily the songs I'd have picked from them.
Jun 9, 2009 5:36 AM
Nov 2007
azn86-jedi said:

I don't have a vast library of anisongs like some other people... this is one of the ones that I like. I'm sure everyone here's familiar with Suara's singing prowess.... enjoy XD

you win.
Jun 9, 2009 8:33 AM

Sep 2007
Song Title: Fly Away
Anime Title: Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~
Artist: THYME
Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/sZ3k6bl/music/8TRS0HtF/thyme-fly-away/

Wanted to throw a little more "rockish" feel to things with one of my favorite OPs of last year. And because THYME is a band that I want more people to check out. I think they have good stuffs. :3

I also enjoy how this song tries to change keys near the end.
TheBigNJun 9, 2009 8:38 AM

Drastic My Anime Blog - My anime blog. :3
Jun 9, 2009 9:27 AM
Nov 2007
TheBigN said:
Song Title: Fly Away
Anime Title: Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~
Artist: THYME
Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/sZ3k6bl/music/8TRS0HtF/thyme-fly-away/

Wanted to throw a little more "rockish" feel to things with one of my favorite OPs of last year. And because THYME is a band that I want more people to check out. I think they have good stuffs. :3

I also enjoy how this song tries to change keys near the end.

any song that tries to direct half step modulate will instantly garner my unconditional haet -_- (but I digged that song otherwise)
Jun 9, 2009 10:48 AM

Sep 2007
Lelangir said:
any song that tries to direct half step modulate will instantly garner my unconditional haet -_- (but I digged that song otherwise)

I know that. But I also know that others like that. :P

Jun 9, 2009 1:51 PM
Aug 2008
I'm planning to not nominate anything this week but you guys are kind of fail in terms of diversity.

Don't make me do it!
Jun 9, 2009 6:15 PM

Dec 2007
omo said:
I'm planning to not nominate anything this week but you guys are kind of fail in terms of diversity.

Don't make me do it!

10 nominations would be complete by Wednesday if you do. I say you go right ahead.
Jun 9, 2009 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
I say he gives us a hint as to what constitutes diversity. Maybe he's requesting some shoujo bubblegum pop :p

(I did consider Ergo Proxy's OP but decided those weren't pop-ish enough though, plus I wanted to test my Kashimashi hypothesis.)
Jun 9, 2009 10:44 PM

Mar 2008
Diversity? I thought we were nominating J-pop songs... :p
Jun 10, 2009 7:55 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah I never really understood what "pop vocals" meant from the beginning. I just assumed it was a song with vocals that are upbeat and catchy. I also thought of the bubblegum pop like mahou shoujo type show openings. Maybe he's looking for seiyuu idol type stuff? Dig out some Horie Yui.
Jun 10, 2009 9:04 AM
Nov 2007
wwwwwww diversity we need sum affirmative action for teh nana mizuki-sama
Jun 10, 2009 10:36 AM

Oct 2007
Gah, and here i am without my Kimagure Orange Road soundtracks. I'll be giving this round a pass. :(
Jun 11, 2009 1:20 AM
May 2009
Lelangir said:
azn86-jedi said:

you win.
YAAAY~! er... thanks...? XD
i thought of putting one of the several mizuki nana songs that i have... but seeing as though there was already one that was nominated i thought it best not to....
Jun 11, 2009 6:24 AM

Sep 2007
omo said:

Don't make me do it!

That was the problem for me actually. I was wondering "what does he mean by pop vocals" when the topic came out, so I didn't focus on that. :P

Jun 11, 2009 6:46 AM
Dec 2007
I think pop vocals just means any vocal song in the genre of 'pop' ahah...and since we're in a club "anime music piece of the week", we're meant to be nominating any vocal song in the genre of 'pop' that has some sort of relevance to an anime.

for example, Uverworld's D-Techno Life would be classified as 'rock' and it would not be appropriate to nominate them this week. While any of the Macross Frontier songs would be classified as 'pop'. And imo, the songs nominated so far are all 'pop'...maybe that's why he thinks we fail in diversity since they're all the same genre?

Well, that's what i think anyway~
Jun 11, 2009 3:25 PM
Aug 2008
mshaydown said:
I think pop vocals just means any vocal song in the genre of 'pop' ahah...and since we're in a club "anime music piece of the week", we're meant to be nominating any vocal song in the genre of 'pop' that has some sort of relevance to an anime.

for example, Uverworld's D-Techno Life would be classified as 'rock' and it would not be appropriate to nominate them this week. While any of the Macross Frontier songs would be classified as 'pop'. And imo, the songs nominated so far are all 'pop'...maybe that's why he thinks we fail in diversity since they're all the same genre?

Well, that's what i think anyway~

I think while my thinking is same as yours, you guys shouldn't be bothered by how I define as pop music. You have the freedom to interpret it as you wish.

But diversity is something that's relative. Sure, jpop as a whole is pretty not-diverse, but if you nominate some tracks from Cowboy Bebop or Kara no Kyoukai I'm not going to say no. Or a more rock-ish piece versus a ballad-type piece. Whatever.

FWIW, even just out of Nana Mizuki's catalog there's some diversity (hint hint).
Jun 11, 2009 8:22 PM
Aug 2008
Feeling a bit whimsical so I'm going to nominate #10 and make our club leader's life a tad easier.

Ok. I'm going back on my word a bit--nothing too diverse with this one (tho it is in a subgenre not yet nominated), but I'm trying to out smankh Smankh.

Title: Neko Mimi Mode
Artist: Chiwa Saito
Anime: Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~
Get it here: http://sharebee.com/d8bdee7f

How can you have an anime pop vocal week without more seiyuu behind the mic, amirite.

Oh wait, now that's a nomination idea. HAHAHAHA.

[I figured I should name drop my other choice--it's Faylan's insert song from Ga-Rei Zero]
omoJun 11, 2009 8:30 PM
Jun 12, 2009 1:39 AM
Aug 2007
Was gonna nominate a Korean song in anime for the sake of diversity but I felt like nominating this one.

Title: Masquerade
Artist: Hitomi Kuroishi
Anime: Code Geass R2
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYGH3_lHZO4

This was the song Shirley was listening to when dating Lelouch.
Jun 12, 2009 2:00 AM

Dec 2007
Removed heat-of-the-moment nomination now that I've recovered from Hatsukoi ep9.

And then there are 10.
Jun 12, 2009 3:13 AM

Sep 2008
Recovered that quickly? Wish I could say the same on my end.

Anywhoo, 10 noms we have and I'll get to work on the compilation.
Jun 12, 2009 5:48 AM

Sep 2007
"Ok. I'm going back on my word a bit--nothing too diverse with this one (tho it is in a subgenre not yet nominated), but I'm trying to out smankh Smankh."
I approve of your nomination = )
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Defining Music Pieces of 2011? Or Personal Favorites?

ottocycle - Dec 16, 2011

13 by TheBigN »»
Jul 27, 2013 12:46 PM

» Week 64: Nominations Thread - Loneliness

zzeroparticle - Sep 29, 2010

18 by Kinushima »»
Nov 13, 2012 8:23 AM

» Improving the #malkeionbu

omo - Sep 16, 2010

26 by omo »»
Aug 11, 2011 11:18 AM

» Week 63: Voting Thread

zzeroparticle - Sep 29, 2010

2 by mrmuk »»
Jun 10, 2011 10:31 AM

» Week 59: Voting Thread

zzeroparticle - Aug 16, 2010

10 by Pocari »»
Mar 18, 2011 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.