Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2014 12:11 PM
Dec 2013
Is it much weird that I always feel like Im the only normal person in my city and that everyone around me is dumb as hell? I mean whenever I go to school by bus there are a lot of students who are yelling,swearing,punching each other "for fun" and behaving like gorillas at the zoo...whats wrong with those people? and most students in my class have bad grades but they dont give a fuck and pretend like its cool not to pass any exams...and they always bully me for having good grades.plus,they all enjoy to spend days and nights by drinking alchohol and smoking weed,and then theres me who rather plays videogames at home and hates those people for their behaviour.sometimes I caught myself thinking that those people dont deserve to live if they dont do any good for the world and sometimes I wish I were the only person on this planet (along with my family) because it makes me sick when there are people around me who are not as intelligent and sophisticated as I am.I feel like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory show.

Is that mysanthropy?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
arikatoki said:
I feel like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory show.

Is that mysanthropy?
No, it's called Asperger's.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 12, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2014
arikatoki said:
for having good grades [...] who rather plays videogames at home sometimes I caught myself thinking that those people dont deserve to live if they dont do any good for the world
so... getting good grades and playing video games does good for the world?

its called arrogance, not mysanthropy

Nov 2012
Hating is never a good thing.
You don't want to be judged for how you live your life, so don't do that to other people.
Jul 2018
arikatoki said:
and they always bully me
I'm not surprised.
Mar 12, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
Lol.
Mar 12, 2014 12:16 PM

Sep 2012
Asap_ said:
arikatoki said:
and they always bully me
I'm not surprised.

xd
Mar 12, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
MellowJello said:
Well, I'll put it this way. Smart people (objectively or otherwise) have trouble relating to their common man. None of their thoughts get across, and they fail to understand the trivialities of "not as intelligent" people.

You could also just be a huge asshole without displaying it. Purely self-motivated, at the very least.

I don't know. I ain't no psychologist/psychiatrist/counselor (yet), so most of this rambling is iffy.

I'll throw in a positive spin on this though. This quirk of being distant from your peers allows for incredible independence (if you don't get lonely). Put it to good use when you can.

You could also be suffering from Aspergers.

arikatoki said:
they all enjoy to spend days and nights by drinking alchohol and smoking weed,and then theres me who rather plays videogames at home and hates those people for their behaviour.sometimes I caught myself thinking that those people dont deserve to live if they dont do any good for the world and sometimes I wish I were the only person on this planet (along with my family) because it makes me sick when there are people around me who are not as intelligent and sophisticated as I am.
Or insanely jelly that they live laid back lives while you're constantly hating on their enjoyment of life. "How dare they have fun! I'm just stuck in my home with no friends playing video games! Harumph! I'll go complain to people on a website dedicated to anime and manga and hope people will sympathize with me!"
Mar 12, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
Hey Yagami Light...

Well, you simply care too much about them. I highly doubt they bully you for having good grades, why do you even show them your grades in first place? When I ended up with bad grades and someone came to me saying "lol I got 10 easy test dude youre dumb" I would definitely get angry, maybe you are doing the same to them.

And why do you think they don't deserve to live? Who are you to judge them? Why are you any better than them? Drinking and smoking is completely unrelated to being worth living or not.
Mar 12, 2014 12:19 PM
Dec 2013
cabacc2 said:

thats not what I meant.I know that video games are a waste of time,but atleast I dont hurt anyone by playing them unlike people who get drunk or high and then start to put other lives in danger
Mar 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
arikatoki said:
thats not what I meant.I know that video games are a waste of time,but atleast I dont hurt anyone by playing them unlike people who get drunk or high and then start to put other lives in danger
Pretty soon alcohol will be illegal with that mindset.

Waaaait a minute...
Mar 12, 2014 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Sounds in part like my situation before I started going to a different school in a different city.

Anywho, you probably just have a disdain for people or actions that are wild, violent, loud, and/or uncaring. You probably don't people or actions that are anti-intellectual.
This doesn't mean you are a misanthropist unless you really do hate all of mankind. Otherwise, it just means you have issues with a lot of common actions by a lot of common people. Don't worry too much about all that and just work towards improving your own future. Someday, you may ( if the people are as you described and you are how you make yourself out to be) be far ahead of them in life and more successful. So just keep going and don't let that bother you.
Kana2Chan said:
arikatoki said:
I feel like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory show.

Is that mysanthropy?
No, it's called Asperger's.

Remember that suggestion I made earlier that you said you did all the time?
You aren't doing it. This isn't expressing your concerns or issues with someone in a polite manner, and as such its destructive rather than productive.
Also you're diagnosing someone instead of allowing a doctor to diagnose them.

Sep 2012
SEE EVERYONE, Y'ALL JUST BAD AS THE OTHER PEOPLE. STOP BULLYING HIM

Jun 2007
How has nobody in this thread spelled misanthropy correctly yet or done the obvious "It's not mysanthropy because that isn't a word" reply? The answer is because people use words they don't know too much.
Mar 12, 2014 12:24 PM
Jan 2014
arikatoki said:
cabacc2 said:

slight exaggeration there. I marked it for you.

also: "time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon
Jul 2018
TallonKarrde23 said:
How has nobody in this thread spelled misanthropy correctly yet or done the obvious "It's not mysanthropy because that isn't a word" reply?
Two people mentioned the word - only one person misspelled it.

Jan 2014
TallonKarrde23 said:
How has nobody in this thread spelled misanthropy correctly yet or done the obvious "It's not mysanthropy because that isn't a word" reply? The answer is because people use words they don't know too much.
because i have yet to use it.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Dec 2013
MellowJello said:
I'm just stuck in my home with no friends playing video games! Harumph! I'll go complain to people on a website dedicated to anime and manga and hope people will sympathize with me!"

A lot of people wanted to be friends with me,but I didnt want to because I felt like they are not worthy to enjoy my presence.Even when I was little I felt better than the rest
Mar 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2012
arikatoki said:
A lot of people wanted to be friends with me,but I didnt want to because I felt like they are not worthy to enjoy my presence.Even when I was little I felt better than the rest

I'm out of this thread guys. Have fun. I'll be busy playing Hawken or rewatching Idolm@ster lurking this thread.

I'll just say this: There was a saying somewhere that explains how "every two years you'll look at the past you and think how stupid you were".
Time to start that clock.

Feb 2010
Nah, that's Ygnorance and Narcyssysm.
I probably regret this post by now.

Aug 2012
arikatoki said:
Not sure if trolling or seek a medic
Mar 12, 2014 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
lupadim said:
arikatoki said:
Not sure if trolling or seek a medic
Alpha as fuck.
Mar 12, 2014 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
arikatoki said:

I'm out of this thread guys. Have fun. I'll be busy playing Hawken or rewatching Idolm@ster lurking this thread.

I'll just say this: There was a saying somewhere that explains how "every two years you'll look at the past you and think how stupid you were".
Time to start that clock.

MellowJello, you're so mean its almost exiting
Mar 12, 2014 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
Nytarilich said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Assuming we're all English native speakers...
assuming that we have spell check* (i can confirm that it wasn't spell checks fault.)
Mar 12, 2014 12:29 PM
Dec 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:

Im from Europe and I started to learn English 1 year ago.I think my spelling is quite well and misanthropy is a pretty uncommon word :')
Mar 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
arikatoki said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Im from Europe and I started to learn English 1 year ago.I think my spelling is quite well and misanthropy is a pretty uncommon word :')
So let me get this straight: You think that when you just started learning a language and when you are trying to write an uncommon word, you can write it the way you want and fuck the shit you just created a new word that is valid and whoever corrects you will be corrected back by you?
Mar 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
arikatoki said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

but you do have English spell check right? if so no excuse for being lazy.
Mar 12, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
You're already better than your peers because you watch anime. Never forget that. We are the elite.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Mar 12, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
arikatoki said:
MellowJello said:
I'm just stuck in my home with no friends playing video games! Harumph! I'll go complain to people on a website dedicated to anime and manga and hope people will sympathize with me!"

Now that's just silly. If you yourself are such a wonderful person, then wouldn't that mean you are deserving of friends? And if that's the case, why push them away?
Furthermore, you aren't better than anyone else. You may have different ambitions, different wishes, different ways of thinking than most others around you, but that doesn't make them worse or you any better. It just makes you all different. And being different is okay. You shouldn't chastise others too much for making decisions you disagree with. Its differences you're seeing, not people who are outright below you. The differences may make you better or worse fit for the future than others, but those differences don't make you yourself better than anyone else nor does it make anyone else better than you.

Friendship is important. Building relationships with people is important. Try to see others as your equals and be nice and friendly towards others. Make friends. Learn about people. Stop seeing yourself as better than everyone else.
Mar 12, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Shiratori99 said:
You're already better than your peers because you watch anime. Never forget that. We are the elite.
Not really. I bet his taste is bad and

WHAT COMPATIBILITY 80%

I am scared
Mar 12, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2010
Thanks to this thread I've found out that spellcheck for browsers even existed. I feel so up-to-date now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 12, 2014 12:40 PM
Dec 2013
geez this is not a grammar contest

Shiratori99 said:

I know :3
Mar 12, 2014 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
arikatoki said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I'm also from Europe and my English skills are superior, I don't think you deserve to live.
Mar 12, 2014 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Asap_ said:
arikatoki said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I'm also from Europe and my English skills are superior, I don't think you deserve to live.

Asap_ + 10
Mar 12, 2014 12:44 PM
Mar 2013
OP you are pretty damn badass

You watch cartoons and play video games by yourself all the while rejecting any kind of social contact and then complaining about it on an anonymous internet form

^What an alpha male
Mar 12, 2014 12:44 PM
Dec 2013
Asap_ said:

you rated Cowboy Bepop higher than Code Geass,I dont think you deserve to live.

xD
Mar 12, 2014 12:45 PM
Mar 2013
arikatoki said:
Asap_ said:

xD
Asap, you just got owned
Mar 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2012
Op you are from France. Am I right?
Mar 12, 2014 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
arikatoki said:
Asap_ said:

xD

You're off topic.
I thought you were the type who liked to follow the rules.
Being off topic is against the rules.

Or are you just a troll and don't actually care about whether or not you're a misanthropist at all?
Mar 12, 2014 12:48 PM
Dec 2013
PaulyD said:

Asap_ + 10

youre comments are always pointless as fuck,I wish there would be a option to block someone...so annoying

JD2411 said:

You watch cartoons and play video games by yourself all the while rejecting any kind of social contact and then complaining about it on an anonymous internet form

Im not complaining
Mar 12, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
arikatoki said:
Is it much weird that I always feel like Im the only normal person in my city and that everyone around me is dumb as hell? I mean whenever I go to school by bus there are a lot of students who are yelling,swearing,punching each other "for fun" and behaving like gorillas at the zoo...whats wrong with those people? and most students in my class have bad grades but they dont give a fuck and pretend like its cool not to pass any exams...and they always bully me for having good grades.plus,they all enjoy to spend days and nights by drinking alchohol and smoking weed,and then theres me who rather plays videogames at home and hates those people for their behaviour.sometimes I caught myself thinking that those people dont deserve to live if they dont do any good for the world and sometimes I wish I were the only person on this planet (along with my family) because it makes me sick when there are people around me who are not as intelligent and sophisticated as I am.I feel like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory show.

Is that mysanthropy?

No, it's not weird.
Mar 12, 2014 12:49 PM

Sep 2011
Chili-Changa said:
Remember that suggestion I made earlier that you said you did all the time?
You aren't doing it.
The thing is that I don't find him or his opinions to be stupid. I don't see the problem here.

Chili-Changa said:
This isn't expressing your concerns or issues with someone in a polite manner, and as such its destructive rather than productive.
I'm not concerned at all, nor do I have any issues to bring up.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 12, 2014 12:51 PM
Feb 2014
if all people act the same it will be creepy as fuck or boring so try to deal with it :)
Mar 12, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
arikatoki said:

youre comments are always pointless as fuck,I wish there would be a option to block someone...so annoying

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/57908
Kana2Chan said:
The thing is that I don't find him or his opinions to be stupid. I don't see the problem here.

I'm not concerned at all, nor do I have any issues to bring up.

Oh? So you mean to say, with 100% honesty, that the "aspergers" thing was not being used as an insult?

Mar 12, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
arikatoki said:
geez this is not a grammar contest

Linguistic parasites EVERYWHERE, be wary.
Btw you missed a full stop & a capital letter, just sayin'.
Mar 12, 2014 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
arikatoki said:
Asap_ said:

xD
most poeple on this site have bad taste but they dont give a fuck and pretend like its cool not to watch any good shows...and they always bully me for having good taste
Mar 12, 2014 12:56 PM
Mar 2013
Asap_ said:
my English skills are superior
Asap_ said:
most poeple
Mar 12, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2010
Asap_ said:
most poeple on this site have bad taste but they dont give a fuck and pretend like its cool not to watch any good shows...and they always bully me for having good taste

tfw bullied for having good taste.
Mar 12, 2014 12:57 PM
Jan 2014
lupadim said:
Shiratori99 said:
Not really. I bet his taste is bad and

WHAT COMPATIBILITY 80%

I am scared

I have 81%

Mar 12, 2014 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
JD2411 said:
Asap_ said:
Asap_ said:
most poeple
1. It's a parody of the OP.
2. Superior does not mean perfect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

removed-user - Yesterday

36 by SmugSatoko »»
59 minutes ago

» Do you like taking photographs/recording vids and uploading it online?

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

16 by Icymatika »»
1 hour ago

» How Do You Respond to Anti-Feline Purropaganda?

KittenCuddler - 2 hours ago

2 by Nette »»
2 hours ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

32 by LoveYourSmile »»
3 hours ago

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships? ( 1 2 )

Amityblight - Sep 20

57 by lalabella »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.