Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2014 1:45 AM

Jul 2012
Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Feb 12, 2014 2:02 AM
Feb 2014
if you guys read the manga from way back, you'd understand what went thru killua's mind after gon said "you have it easy since it doesnt concern you" or somethn like that.
this ep was amazing. a mix of excitement and sad feels for all three characters, the manga never gave me this sensation when i read it. kudos to Madhouse.

cant wait for the next ep. this ep made it really clear to me why all of us love HXH. this anime is just way too unique than the others out there.
Feb 12, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was such a treat, haven't enjoyed HxH like this in a while.
Now if they would shift focus a little bit to Netero it would be awesome imho. :D
Feb 12, 2014 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
Dangerr said:
Cryptical said:
Gon becoming some kind of monster is in my opinion just weird and felt out of place.

I hardly enjoyed this episode. I like how they went more emotional with this episode, but the feelings just didn't reach me. It all feels so sudden and to be honest, I couldn't care less about Kite either. I don't get the relevance of this arc to begin with, apart from the whole bullshit with Kite, so I hope the serie is almost done with it.

One thing I do like is that they're not afraid to have a serious tone in this series. That is cool. But going overboard with the result of not making any sense at all anymore is not cool.

It really isn't out of character - this has always been a side of Gon. Due to a combination of his natural personality and him still being a child, he hasn't really fully integrated the values and morality of society into his being yet. As far as Gon is concerned, while he dislikes blatant evil acts and unjust behavior, he won't typically go out of his way to try bringing justice to those individuals he finds distaste with. Unless, of course, its him or his friends you've messed with; then its personal. Whether or not you agree on the anime's effectiveness in portraying it, Kite was someone Gon deeply confided in and admired - someone probably as or nearly important to him as Killua or his Aunt Mito. His emotional investiture on that level is sparing, but when its pushed to its limits, it's what you saw in this episode. The most important thing to mention regarding why his rage is so profound, however, is the notion that he blames himself for what happened to Kite - that he knew he was powerless to stop it, and in his eyes, was even the cause for Kite's guard being lowered to warn them of the attack. Given Gon's deeply self-confident and highly emotional nature, this hatred is magnified both towards himself and Pitou.

There's also been plenty of precedent in his latent, deviant behavior; befriending Killua, the whole fight with Genthru, and his visible, slow buildup of anticipatory rage in the last 20 or so episodes have all given hints to this.

I'd like to quote all people who responded to my post, but can't seem to find a way.

I agree that Gon always has been a very tolerant character. Otherwise he wouldn't have been friends with Killua to begin with (I don't really get why Gon is gradually acting more cold towards Killua by the way. Maybe I have missed something or forgotten something, but it doesn't seem like the tight friendship they previously had anymore). Stuff like killing people is not necessarily something he disagrees with. However, I still would not have expected him to let a wounded, for all he knows innocent girl die.

However, now that I have slept, I do feel like I can feel a little bit of the brilliance of this episode. The fact that he actually is capable of doing that shows that he was very mad and, like Killua said, was completely out of control. I don't know, it just felt kind of weird at first I guess. I realize he he has always been very tolerant, partly due to curiosity and partly due to not being judgemental, but tolerating stuff and actually doing it himself is something different. To me, it always seemed like he had no problem completely crushing his enemy, but again, I never thought he was capable of doing that at the risk of an innocent life. That's where I was confused.

Killua, however, has indeed shown much character development aswell. Where as I feel that Gon just got stronger and stronger (and with that sometimes forgetting he's surrounded by friends), Killua has actually has gradually changed who he is. I don't doubt he's still capable of just killing someone in a flash, but he's not going to do that so quickly anymore.

But to be honest, I do hope Killua is going to tell Gon, when this is all done, how much of a dick he has been lately.

@Forever_A: Thanks for the explanation. This does clear it up a bit (why Gon feels so connected to Kite).

Heh. I just realized. The fact that I'm so conflicted about Gon's actions and stuff like that just goes to show how different this show is from many other shows. The creators dare to take risks. I can appreciate that.
Feb 12, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2011
Seriously one of the best animated episodes I have ever seen.
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Feb 12, 2014 3:03 AM
Sep 2013
Damn Gon was scary in this episode but...I can see where he's coming from which...well...there was a lot of emotions in this episode ;_;
Feb 12, 2014 3:05 AM

Jan 2010
Most intense episode of anime I've ever seen that didn't include fighting. Gfg.
Feb 12, 2014 3:37 AM

Apr 2013
Poor Gon, why does he have to go through this? T___T
The disgusting monster Pitou gets to kill,torture and turn people into puppets, and it also gets to perform its duty perfectly to the king; while Gon is still helpless, has not really done anything for Kite yet and still needs to hold back. It really is not fair, like Gon said.
SalxerFeb 12, 2014 7:43 AM
Feb 12, 2014 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
Emiloo12 said:
Flume said:
Is that a new soundtrack? It's probably my bad memory but I don't seem to recall a few of these tracks from the previous OST album

Nope you aren't wrong, there were a couple new tracks in there. Really awesome tracks I might add.

Oh my! That's great to hear. The OST is definitely amazing, looking forward to hearing the full version
Feb 12, 2014 4:03 AM
Mar 2012
pointless episode, like the previous ones, also his baby voice didn't suit the aura at all
Feb 12, 2014 4:25 AM
Mar 2013
Shaduge said:
pointless episode, like the previous ones, also his baby voice didn't suit the aura at all

Why do you even watch and read manga when 90% of the anime and manga you listed you think suck rofl
Feb 12, 2014 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
I think this episode was beast! Better than the previous 5 that were soooooo slowwww paced. And i had to empathise with pitou; even though knowing her fcked up character, seeing her hell bent on saving the girl, made my heart ache a little :'(. But really, i love the way this scene was animated. Seriously Mad House are doing a wonderful job with HxH. Can't wait for next week!!
Feb 12, 2014 4:51 AM
Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.

Killing Pitou means killing Komugi at this point.

Yeah that the part that makes Gon out of character. He is selfish and has fucked up morals that was already established but he doesn't let his selfish actions hurt others indirectly.

I said it doesn't makes sense because I don't think Kite is a good/believable enough of a reason for the direction Gon's character development took. Nothing in the series explains why Gon think that highly of Kite, enough for him to be this crazy and obsessed about it. Gon's change is drastic and usually that sort of change happens for a reason bigger than Gon's right now, I just don't find it believable due to that.

Didnt Kite save Gon's life early on in the series?

Yeah but Gon doesn't seem to remember that or express that it was an important part/event in his life. I don't think the fact that he saved his life makes him that important. He is showing a rage that is more befitting for someone that lost a very significant thing in his life, that made me him do a 180 turn.

Blame Madhouse for that, yeah at the very start of the 2011 series w/c came out in 2011 they didn't really made plans continuing Hxh up to Chimera Ant Arc w/c i think they believe its fine for them to not include the scene between Gon and Kite w/c happened in the very first chapter of the series.

And most of us Manga Readers or for those who already watch the 1999 version we are pissed off to Madhouse neglecting Kite's appearance even though during at that time they don't have plans on animating CAA. Somehow i believe that they will show Kite and Gon's scene in Whale Island after GI Arc although they did show it but only the part where Kite saved Gon from a Foxbear.

Like i said before the reason for this rage was because Kite is important to Gon, a guy who saves Gon from getting killed, telling him that his Father is alive, giving him his dad's license and explain some info about what is a Hunter. So pretty much Gon owes Kite a lot he wouldn't been a hunter if not for Kite in the first place.

I can't also blame you 2011 viewers only for this matter, so i suggest read the very first chapter or if you don't like reading go watch episode 1 of HxH 1999 to get a better understanding between the relationship of Gon and Kite.
Feb 12, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah, since the first chapter Kite has always been established as an important factor in Gon's life as a hunter. Madhouse just screwed up with this one.
Feb 12, 2014 5:21 AM
Feb 2013
Greyhoundz said:

Like i said before the reason for this rage was because Kite is important to Gon, a guy who saves Gon from getting killed, telling him that his Father is alive, giving him his dad's license and explain some info about what is a Hunter. So pretty much Gon owes Kite a lot he wouldn't been a hunter if not for Kite in the first place.

True, Kite is someone significant to Gon, but the story doesn't stop there. I think kcaco explained it the way I think it was meant to convey.

No you seem to keep on missing the point. Gon's crazy rage this episode didn't really have much to do with Kite, or the fact Kite was important to him or what not. In the beginning his rage was 'normal" (for Kite!). His rage only went over the chart when he didn't get the response he was expecting. Gon, the ever strong willed, stubborn simplistic mind, was expecting: 1) announce his presense 2) Pitou acknowledge him 3) FIGHT. Instead he got an ambiguous, complex situation that demanded him to suppress his raw anger.

Worst, the 'enemy' is behavior like a victim, and is playing a protecting role. He can't fathom such role reversal and how dared the enemy has double standard and is bargaining with him.

He's tormented and in shock by his inability to strike, and to him. His rage and readiness for revenge has no outlet, that's what boiled his anger even more and made him lashes out at Killua and everything else.

Gon has never given a difficult choice like this in his life. He kept yelling 'but this is UNFAIR!!" "UNFAIR!!". His simplistic world where he used to trust his instinct and unconditional trust is being challenged here.

ALL of this added up to why Gon is in rage and blinded to reason. Not "how Kite was important to him" alone. You're ignoring every factor that built up to the rather icky situation and keep focusing on 'Kite'. Kite was just the initial premises, but what ignite the rage was how the confrontation unfold in ways unsatisfying and frustrating to Gon. Killua being all calm and controlled irked Gon too of course.
Feb 12, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
I stopped breathing several times this episode, so much suspense. I can't even put the sensation into words. The emotion in Gon's voice was on a whole different level and I could feel the rage and pain he was struggling with. I was seriously expecting him to snap and attack a few times. When he said that it meant nothing to Killua, I thought that even though that's not true, this weighs on Gon even more because Kite has a direct connection to Gon's father.

HxH is one step closer to a 10 for me.

Edit: ^ That quote above put it all into words, remarkable and ingenious.
ZekkenshinFeb 12, 2014 5:35 AM
Feb 12, 2014 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
This was amazing . Simple .

5/5
Feb 12, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2008
this episode sucked bad. Its pace was DB-like. Fucking lame.

Edit: the comments here are hilarious. I guess other anime are even more disappointing these days. Well, it's got to be exciting for 15yo
Feb 12, 2014 6:07 AM
Jan 2013
m4shir0 said:
this episode sucked bad. Its pace was DB-like. Fucking lame.

Edit: the comments here are hilarious. I guess other anime are even more disappointing these days. Well, it's got to be exciting for 15yo

Go to fuck your fullmetal alcheshit
Feb 12, 2014 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
BRILLIANT EPISODE!! Such a tense encounter between Gon and Pitou. I liked that there wasn't much narration either; just Gon's pure rage. Beautiful animation and acting too!
Feb 12, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2014
demisex said:
Most intense episode of anime I've ever seen that didn't include fighting. Gfg.

I'd say including ones with fighting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2014 6:21 AM
Aug 2009
xieghart said:
Greyhoundz said:

True, Kite is someone significant to Gon, but the story doesn't stop there. I think kcaco explained it the way I think it was meant to convey.

No you seem to keep on missing the point. Gon's crazy rage this episode didn't really have much to do with Kite, or the fact Kite was important to him or what not. In the beginning his rage was 'normal" (for Kite!). His rage only went over the chart when he didn't get the response he was expecting. Gon, the ever strong willed, stubborn simplistic mind, was expecting: 1) announce his presense 2) Pitou acknowledge him 3) FIGHT. Instead he got an ambiguous, complex situation that demanded him to suppress his raw anger.

Worst, the 'enemy' is behavior like a victim, and is playing a protecting role. He can't fathom such role reversal and how dared the enemy has double standard and is bargaining with him.

He's tormented and in shock by his inability to strike, and to him. His rage and readiness for revenge has no outlet, that's what boiled his anger even more and made him lashes out at Killua and everything else.

Gon has never given a difficult choice like this in his life. He kept yelling 'but this is UNFAIR!!" "UNFAIR!!". His simplistic world where he used to trust his instinct and unconditional trust is being challenged here.

ALL of this added up to why Gon is in rage and blinded to reason. Not "how Kite was important to him" alone. You're ignoring every factor that built up to the rather icky situation and keep focusing on 'Kite'. Kite was just the initial premises, but what ignite the rage was how the confrontation unfold in ways unsatisfying and frustrating to Gon. Killua being all calm and controlled irked Gon too of course.

Yep..though my main point is how Madhouse screwed that important scene and addressing the people who keep asking who really is Kite to Gon. :)
Feb 12, 2014 6:21 AM

Sep 2013
amazing episode. never seen gon that pissed before ._.
haha i think killua left at the end, right? i wonder where to :L
Feb 12, 2014 6:22 AM

Sep 2013
guess who's back..back again...aomine-zoldyck is back...tell a friend anyyyways aside from the long ass recap, this episode was amazing 5/5 you don't see this type of stuff in any other shonen that's why yoshihiro togashi is the godfather of shonen manga hands down, he should be called yoshihiro GODashi.
Feb 12, 2014 6:29 AM
Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

I'm just gonna question your opinion before even trying to go into explaining it, as it does not look like you thought very much about what you're saying about Gon not raging this much before;

Did anyone remotely as close to Gon as Kite (whom has been his fathers student, been traveling with Gon for a good while and has told him many stories of his father) ever die? Has he then ever seen any of these people being used as a twisted kind of combat doll, sewed togheter after being dismembered? I say no to both.

Please answer those questions, and prove me wrong; otherwise I see no point in what you wrote.

NB: You've probably gotten a lot of answers already, but this is as far as I got into the thread.

And for the episode: storytelling, animation and soundtracks at it's absolute best. 10000/5.
RendioFeb 12, 2014 6:33 AM
Feb 12, 2014 7:18 AM
Apr 2013
Again, for the last time, the anime version of events with Kaito ARE JUST FINE THE WAY THEY ARE!
Feb 12, 2014 8:30 AM

Nov 2013
kcaco said:
pkKodama said:

You must be really blind if you can't see her boobs there.

No I and many people really do not see 'boob'.

Take a look at this where it shows Pitou without clothes:
http://www.citymanga.com/hunter_x_hunter/chapter-267/16/

Flat chest. No boob.

Pitou is Pitou, a frightening royal guard. Not some 'cute girl' where you insisted in your pink bubble and attribute annoying creepy gender stereotypes and attitude.

For real, don't come with that bullshit. Did you really see the pages I posted? I can't see any credibility in what you're writing because the boobs are clearly there, denying it is just stupid. The one you showed is not Pitou without clothes, can you even see her knees? No, right? Because that's just showing her as a flash without any curves.
"Pitou is Pitou"(oh you just said the obvious), but it's not just a "frightening royal guard", chimera ants have genders, and Pitou is a female just like Zazan and Hina.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2008
I will never understand people who care about Pitou's gender. It changes absolutely nothing about the story if Pitou is a she or a he.
Feb 12, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
Rendio said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

I'm just gonna question your opinion before even trying to go into explaining it, as it does not look like you thought very much about what you're saying about Gon not raging this much before;

Did anyone remotely as close to Gon as Kite (whom has been his fathers student, been traveling with Gon for a good while and has told him many stories of his father) ever die? Has he then ever seen any of these people being used as a twisted kind of combat doll, sewed togheter after being dismembered? I say no to both.

Please answer those questions, and prove me wrong; otherwise I see no point in what you wrote.

NB: You've probably gotten a lot of answers already, but this is as far as I got into the thread.

And for the episode: storytelling, animation and soundtracks at it's absolute best. 10000/5.

Gon: That bastard cares for his friend and yet kills other people, I can't forgive him
Me: Oh, so that's how the MC of this series thinks? That's unusual but ok
Gon: I don't give a fuck about these scum who don't even care about their friends
Kaito: Then what would happen if they did care about their friends?
Me: So that's how he thinks now, character development? Ok...
Gon: Why are you only thinking of her!? After doing such a horrible thing to Kaito!!!
Me: Wtf?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 8:47 AM
Mar 2012
its a good episode hope they will go faster next episode
Feb 12, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
pkKodama said:
Rendio said:
tsudecimo said:

Vanser said:

Gon: That bastard cares for his friend and yet kills other people, I can't forgive him
Gon: I don't give a fuck about these scum who don't even care about their friends
Gon: Why are you only thinking of her!? After doing such a horrible thing to Kaito!!!

So they are either hypocrites or cold-blooded killers, and he resents them either way, how is that confusing to you? See, it seems you're still stuck in a black and white mentality.
That particular scene foreshadowed how his feelings would be amplified if they DID care about each other.
Do I need to remind you that at first he told him to step away from Komuga, as in to save her from him?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2013
Vanser said:
I will never understand people who care about Pitou's gender. It changes absolutely nothing about the story if Pitou is a she or a he.

It does, it's about whether he's being stupidly unfair and bullying a girl with cat ears or a queer.
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 8:59 AM
Feb 2014
does any one knows wat ost played in min 6:14 of the anime?
Feb 12, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
judals said:
pkKodama said:
Rendio said:
tsudecimo said:

Vanser said:

So they are either hypocrites or cold-blooded killers, and he resents them either way, how is that confusing to you? See, it seems you're still stuck in a black and white mentality.
That particular scene foreshadowed how his feelings would be amplified if they DID care about each other.
Do I need to remind you that at first he told him to step away from Komuga, as in to save her from him?

Lol no, you don't get what I mean, that just means he's not being coherent, that's nothing like Killua and Kurapika who have a solid personality and whenever they do something they have enough reason to do so, and it happens naturally, I can predict their actions due to their previous experience, and that doesn't happen with Gon, he keeps changing his principles all the time.
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 9:08 AM

Nov 2013
judals said:

What about thinking before writing whatever comes to your mind? During that time he was angry because one of the ants didn't care about his "nakama" who had just been killed by Gon calling him scum, Gon clearly didn't like that at all, so he didn't mind when Kaito killed all of them. And he made it clear to Kaito that they are scum for not caring about their friends.
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
When someone claims he seems something as incoherent, I see that as a problem with the viewer, not the series.
So you don't understand.

Gon himself cares about Killua, nobody said he's a pro-serial killer activist or he's a serial killer himself. He's against killers in general. He was pissed at Genthru for killing all the players.

The thing is that he sees these killers as heartless, that doesn't mean he sympathizes with them. It means he's just indifferent toward them. He'd just deal with them if they in his way. As stated by his initial thoughts on the troupe, how he claimed to deal with Leol's ants, and how he claimed he'd kill Meleoron easily if he turned out to be just another one of these. He's ok with their deaths.

So he'd just deal with them with no thoughts at all.
The real conflict, are these who DO care, he just can't deal with them simply, I'm gonna use the term "butthurt", because it really gets to him, especially now since Kite was the victim.

So he never changed his "principle" if he had any. His resentment toward the likes of Nobunaga and Pitou do not conflict with the likes of the Armadillo ant/Rhino, it's just that you think he's "ok" with killers which is not really the case.

Edit: tl;dr: The contradiction comes from your misinterpretation of the situation that Gon is fine with people who ARE killers. He's not cheering for them, but he's not as emotional about them as hypocrites like Nobunaga.
GrunbeldFeb 12, 2014 9:19 AM
Feb 12, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
So curious. Do you think Gon is more at war with himself due to his blood knight tendencies, or due to the fact that he can't accept the reality of whats in front of him. Obviously it's a little of both but I wonder what the stronger factor with Gon is.
Feb 12, 2014 9:38 AM
Nov 2010
I don't like the slow pace in Hunter X Hunter that the show has been going at recently.
Gon's words felt kinda weird to me. I hope there's more to explain them.
I'd also feel insulted and leave if I was Killua, that Gon's statement was just stupid.
Feb 12, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
judals said:
When someone claims he seems something as incoherent, I see that as a problem with the viewer, not the series.
So you don't understand.

Gon himself cares about Killua, nobody said he's a pro-serial killer activist or he's a serial killer himself. He's against killers in general. He was pissed at Genthru for killing all the players.

The thing is that he sees these killers as heartless, that doesn't mean he sympathizes with them. It means he's just indifferent toward them. He'd just deal with them if they in his way. As stated by his initial thoughts on the troupe, how he claimed to deal with Leol's ants, and how he claimed he'd kill Meleoron easily if he turned out to be just another one of these. He's ok with their deaths.

So he'd just deal with them with no thoughts at all.
The real conflict, are these who DO care, he just can't deal with them simply, I'm gonna use the term "butthurt", because it really gets to him, especially now since Kite was the victim.

So he never changed his "principle" if he had any. His resentment toward the likes of Nobunaga and Pitou do not conflict with the likes of the Armadillo ant/Rhino, it's just that you think he's "ok" with killers which is not really the case.

Edit: tl;dr: The contradiction comes from your misinterpretation of the situation that Gon is fine with people who ARE killers. He's not cheering for them, but he's not as emotional about them as hypocrites like Nobunaga.

Read my last post again and again, until you get my point. It might take some hours but do your best!
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
Now you're being evasive. I actually thought it was ironic you posted it seconds before my post which conveniently replied to it.

It seems that you're just trying to stir some discussion here for some reason. (arguing for the sake of arguing) First the gender, now this. You deny the points given to you anyway.
Feb 12, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
Best Hunter x Hunter episode since last month with the very slow pacing.
Cant wait to see the fight against Pitou after Gon finds out that Kite is dead !
Feb 12, 2014 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
judals said:
Now you're being evasive. I actually thought it was ironic you posted it seconds before my post which conveniently replied to it.

It seems that you're just trying to stir some discussion here for some reason. (arguing for the sake of arguing) First the gender, now this. You deny the points given to you anyway.

Just how dumb are you?(this is a serious question) It's not about evading, you want me to keep replying the same thing over and over again, even though your "point" is completely unrelated as an argument to my point. You've been doing that since the discussion about japanese, you just ignore my argument that is self explanatory and write all the same thing again, and obviously we don't advance at all because you don't even get what is my point.
Anyway I'll write it again, make sure you read it.
Suzune-chanFeb 12, 2014 7:16 PM
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
1)Gon was angry with the ants because he didn't approve how they don't care about each other
2)he didn't mind when Kaito killed all of them

which one is it?
He wasn't really "angry" as he was with Nobunaga. They are scum. That's what he thought. That's why he did not care when Kite killed them. They were heartless. Again I say that just because he hated hypocritical nobunaga so much does NOT mean he's okay with, say, regular, heartless killers. Conversely, that is not to say he is some white knight. He is messed up as well.
His anger was not for their love toward another, but their selective care toward certain people while mercilessly killing the rest.

Another thing you're missing out: Gon is changing. (as in character development), compare the scene with Nobunaga and Pitou, essentially the same, but it's much stronger now... he ran away from Nobunaga, he was angry and curious as to why they'd do that, but at the end of the day it was just something that irritated him. He didn't go back for revenge, he didn't even want his friend to go down that road. Now, he's not seeing clearly, he's raging, and I think he might actually kill Pitou, because it's gotten personal.

There are types of people who, when enrage, can do things they wouldn't normally do (no shit sherlock@me), they would forget themselves. So in a way, Gon is indeed being hypocritical now. At this moment.
Another thing I'd like to bring is the first episode: Gon himself said that "if you want to know someone, learn what makes them angry".

To simplify it for you: He doesn't like *killers*, but he really really hates killers who care about friends.

any answer you write will be unrelated to my point and won't make any sense at all, unless you actually agree with me

See. All your arguments on this forum are rhetorical, trying to prove something to yourself rather than make a discussion.

feel like you're not "losing"

You would not have written that if that was not how you feel.
GrunbeldFeb 12, 2014 11:24 AM
Feb 12, 2014 11:23 AM
Sep 2011
pkKodama, I have no freaking clue about what you're talking about. She's an ant that has done some serious genocides in several villages, dismembered his friend and put him back as a lifeless doll.

How the hell does your logic work?
Feb 12, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2013
judals said:
1)Gon was angry with the ants because he didn't approve how they don't care about each other
2)he didn't mind when Kaito killed all of them

which one is it?
He wasn't really "angry" as he was with Nobunaga. They are scum. That's what he thought. That's why he did not care when Kite killed them. They were heartless. Again I say that just because he hated hypocritical nobunaga so much does NOT mean he's okay with, say, regular, heartless killers. Conversely, that is not to say he is some white knight. He is messed up as well.
His anger was not for their love toward another, but their selective care toward certain people while mercilessly killing the rest.

Another thing you're missing out: Gon is changing. (as in character development), compare the scene with Nobunaga and Pitou, essentially the same, but it's much stronger now... he ran away from Nobunaga, he was angry and curious as to why they'd do that, but at the end of the day it was just something that irritated him. He didn't go back for revenge, he didn't even want his friend to go down that road. Now, he's not seeing clearly, he's raging, and I think he might actually kill Pitou, because it's gotten personal.

There are types of people who, when enrage, can do things they wouldn't normally do (no shit sherlock@me), they would forget themselves. So in a way, Gon is indeed being hypocritical now. At this moment.
Another thing I'd like to bring is the first episode: Gon himself said that "if you want to know someone, learn what makes them angry".

To simplify it for you: He doesn't like *killers*, but he really really hates killers who care about friends.

any answer you write will be unrelated to my point and won't make any sense at all, unless you actually agree with me

See. All your arguments on this forum are rhetorical, trying to prove something to yourself rather than make a discussion.

feel like you're not "losing"

You would not have written that if that was not how you feel.

I got into so many discussions that I know how YOU feel due to your shitty arguments.
For real you're missing the number 3! He wouldn't approve how Kaito killed them if they actually DID care for their friends, which is the different from what he said about Nobunaga, in one situation caring for comrades smoothes the situation while in the other it worsens, that's the incoherent point, why can't you just get it? STOP writing that whole second paragraph, that's NOT the point.
"To simplify it for you: He doesn't like *killers*, but he really really hates killers who care about friends."
The problem is, during a certain moment it was the other way around!
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Rendio said:

I think it's to generate arguments. Seeing it's all rhetorical with no substance.

By the way, do you think Gon would actually kill Komugi if he really lost it?
Feb 12, 2014 11:47 AM
Apr 2010
Anyone knows how's the ost called that plays in 10:35?(When neferpitou asks Gon to wait, and he freecss out.)
Feb 12, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
Rendio said:
pkKodama, I have no freaking clue about what you're talking about. She's an ant that has done some serious genocides in several villages, dismembered his friend and put him back as a lifeless doll.

Did I ever deny all that? Are we discussing how evil her actions were? When I called her cute was only about her looks, how moe she sounds and how humble she was at that very moment only following orders in a helpless state. And that's just how I felt about the situation, I don't think it's ok for a guy to bully a cute girl like that, due to my beliefs and principles, if I need to add "imo" after every sentence and didn't do so, I'm really sorry about that.
― Saint Augustine
Feb 12, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
LooQ said:
Anyone knows how's the ost called that plays in 10:35?(When neferpitou asks Gon to wait, and he freecss out.)

Not sure but I think it's "Old man crucified" from the Last Mission ost
Feb 12, 2014 11:53 AM
Apr 2010
judals said:
LooQ said:

Not sure but I think it's "Old man crucified" from the Last Mission ost

Nay, not this one :(. I'm talking about when he starts to rage. Btw, I made a mistake, I was talking about 10:15*
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 90 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

247Eyes - Jul 27, 2013

225 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

247Eyes - Jul 20, 2013

171 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 88 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2013

124 by Nerdason »»
Today, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 87 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

118 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 86 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Jun 29, 2013

192 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.