Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2013 7:53 PM

Apr 2013
HitsuzenEI said:
Hey guys, do you think there could be some risk to our accounts, passwords or anything?

There is.
an egomaniac and a fool

Aug 22, 2013 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
HitsuzenEI said:
Hey guys, do you think there could be some risk to our accounts, passwords or anything?
Not at all. My account is fine.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
TBSM said:
I don't want to alarm anyone but the guy changed 1820 titles : / What a fucking scrubb

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=SSJMaster%20vs.%20Xinil%20-%20A%20story%20of%20epic%20battles!&tag=&sm=0&sd=0&em=0&ed=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&show=1820

Wait, did you actually count them up?
Nevermind, the stupidity is starting to affect me as well.
Aug 22, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2008
Shangetsu said:
GamerMonk said:
MasterJ633 said:
Shangetsu said:
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:
I just signed in to make a quick update before going to bed and I find "SSJMaster vs Xnil" plastered all over my list. After seeing this announcement on the panel page, this situation has become quite clear. This sucks but at the same time it is kind of funny. Sorry, I didn't read the full sixteen pages, but is this just a matter of waiting patiently to have our list reverted back to normal? And are the mods/staff recommending that we change our passwords?

It most likely wouldn't be a bad idea to change your passwords after they patch the exploit and revert all changes, on the off chance he made off with User Login Info.

Impossible.
User Login info are hashed and protected in the database. Unless he has full total access on the database, there's nothing he can do to get the user login info of people.

I'm still gonna change mine regardless. Better safe then sorry.

Thanks for responding, MasterJ683. You're right though: it's usually better to err on the side of caution. Hmmm, your name is suspiciously close to the perpetrator of this debacle. I've got my eyes on you! :p

It's not worst, it's not better.
You talk about being cautious but that's only because you have limited knowledge about the matter.
It's like you are on a plane that just lifted off and you see someone with a knife on the ground from the windows and you ask to change seat with someone else in case something might happens. It's not being cautious, it's being paranoid.

Anytime there is a breach of this magnitude, there is always a risk, even if it's small, user data could be taken.

You may not care, but i'm not taking the chance, even if it's very slim.

Aug 2012
GreenBlockhead said:
Here's a picture of the cutest pairing ever:

http://akiimari.deviantart.com/art/Xinil-x-SSJMaster-395229612
Who's the seme and who's the uke?

Jul 2008
GreenBlockhead said:

9/10. SSJMaster isn't fat enough.
Aug 22, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
tuiddlestix said:
HitsuzenEI said:

Export your lists and write down the names of your friends, clubs, etc.

Or write your lists, just have a paper animelist taped to your wall that is constantly having more papers taped on...
Aug 22, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
GreenBlockhead said:

kawaiiiiiiiiiiii
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 22, 2013 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
MasterJ633 said:
Shangetsu said:
GamerMonk said:
MasterJ633 said:
Shangetsu said:
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:
I just signed in to make a quick update before going to bed and I find "SSJMaster vs Xnil" plastered all over my list. After seeing this announcement on the panel page, this situation has become quite clear. This sucks but at the same time it is kind of funny. Sorry, I didn't read the full sixteen pages, but is this just a matter of waiting patiently to have our list reverted back to normal? And are the mods/staff recommending that we change our passwords?

It most likely wouldn't be a bad idea to change your passwords after they patch the exploit and revert all changes, on the off chance he made off with User Login Info.

Impossible.
User Login info are hashed and protected in the database. Unless he has full total access on the database, there's nothing he can do to get the user login info of people.

I'm still gonna change mine regardless. Better safe then sorry.

Thanks for responding, MasterJ683. You're right though: it's usually better to err on the side of caution. Hmmm, your name is suspiciously close to the perpetrator of this debacle. I've got my eyes on you! :p

You talk about being cautious but that's only because you have limited knowledge about the matter.
It's like you are on a plane that just lifted off and you see someone with a knife on the ground from the windows and you ask to change seat with someone else in case something might happens. It's not being cautious, it's being paranoid.

Anytime there is a breach of this magnitude, there is always a risk, even small user data could be taken.

You may not care, but i'm not taking the chance, even if it's very slim.

It's not very slim, it is not existent.
Unless he has full access on the database (Which he doesn't, proved by how he manually/bot changed the entries) or that you were hacked by different method (fishing, keylogger, cracked, etc) there is zero possibilities of you changing your password to have any effect at all.
Aug 22, 2013 8:00 PM

Jul 2008
DavidVauhn said:
tuiddlestix said:
HitsuzenEI said:

Or write your lists, just have a paper animelist taped to your wall that is constantly having more papers taped on...

That might work if you have a few dozens of anime on your list.
For those that have over 300 shows, this is not a viable option.
Aug 22, 2013 8:00 PM

May 2013
tuiddlestix said:
HitsuzenEI said:

Thnaks for the advice! ;)
Aug 22, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
tuiddlestix said:
Shangetsu said:

Their password could suck, in the first place.

Yes and changing it for a better password(Adding symbol and number and not simply using letters) would reduce the effect of cracking bot. Still nobody got their account cracked because the hacker use fishing as a method to get accounts.
Aug 22, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2012
GreenBlockhead said:
Guys if BB Code was disabled how come you still have images in your signatures?

Anyone know how I can put an image in my sig at this current time?

I'm still using

May 2013
DavidVauhn said:
tuiddlestix said:
HitsuzenEI said:

That probably would work for me... I don't have too many anime yet. Thanks!
But I'm happy nothing happened to the manga list... yet!

Feb 2012
I think Xinil is starting the rollback. My forum picture is from around 2 weeks ago.

Edit: NVM, It is unstable.

May 2008
GreenBlockhead said:
My guess is that they already have it there before BBcode disabled.
Aug 22, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
GreenBlockhead said:

BB Code isn't disabled otherwise this sentence couldn't be written in bold
Aug 22, 2013 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
why does this seem amusing?
Aug 22, 2013 8:06 PM

Jun 2007
Shangetsu said:
GreenBlockhead said:

Embedding is.
Aug 22, 2013 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
Shangetsu said:
GreenBlockhead said:

Embedding is.

I see, can't say I tried it since then.

Dec 2012
Shangetsu said:
GreenBlockhead said:

EXACTLY
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online

May 2013
Shangetsu said:

I don't know why your comment is as funny as I think it is. Maybe it has something to do with you thinking you're more knowledgeable than I am despite you having "limited knowledge" of who I am, or maybe it's that silly analogy you typed. Either way, you made me laugh and I like laughing. Thanks Shan-chan. Excuse me, while I finish spying on MasterJ before hitting the sack. ;)
Aug 22, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
Images that were there before they were disabled wont be affected.
Aug 22, 2013 8:11 PM
Dec 2012
HELP!
I was wondering if hackers like them get accepted then burned in hell?
just curious
Aug 22, 2013 8:13 PM

Aug 2012
Ill just pretend I didn't read anything. :3

Nov 2009
This was definitely a bad time to reinstall MAL updater xD

Sep 2008
GamerMonk said:

I don't know why your comment is as funny as I think it is. Maybe it has something to do with you thinking you're more knowledgeable than I am despite you having "limited knowledge" of who I am, or maybe it's that silly analogy you typed. Either way, you made me laugh and I like laughing. Thanks Shan-chan. Excuse me, while I finish spying on MasterJ before hitting the sack. ;)

I'm just watching Family Guy on Adult Swim, so you're not spying on much. :P

Jul 2008
GamerMonk said:
Shangetsu said:

It is unrelated.
The "hacker" simply got a mod account that allowed him to modify the anime entries, he can't even delete them since this shouldn't be an action that is allowed for mods to use.
He doesn't have access on the database and rely on fishing to get his account.
Something of this level is child play and isn't a threat at all.
Aug 22, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
Oh boy... was just looking at my anime list when all of a sudden Naruto: Shipuuden turned into SSJMAster vs. Xenil - A story of epic battles!
Fun, fun, fun.
“If I don't wield the sword, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the sword, I can't embrace you." -Ichigo Kurosaki
Aug 22, 2013 8:17 PM

Dec 2012
BambooPandas said:
Oh boy... was just looking at my anime list when all of a sudden Naruto: Shipuuden turned into SSJMAster vs. Xenil - A story of epic battles!
Fun, fun, fun.

Yep your screwed if you didnt export your list
Nov 2010
Interesting.. my list is has a bunch of SSJMAster vs. Xenil - A story of epic battles
progress is apparently 9000.

Feb 2011
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

Like I said earlier, he changed 1820 anime titles : / No quite near 9000
Forever Berserk
Aug 22, 2013 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
SOExclusive said:
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

Pretty sure it'll be reverted in time. It's not like there's no backup, right?
Aug 22, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

Lol , i'm watching naruto shippuden now and was going to update it awhile ago and saw all this q.q. Hopefully this gets fixed very soon.
Aug 22, 2013 8:19 PM

Jul 2008
SOExclusive said:
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

Insert 65 wat image right there.

No, you aren't screwed at all. Everything will revert to how it was before when Xinil will load a backup of the anime and manga databases. Do not delete these entries though otherwise you will lose the anime which got their entries modified.
Aug 22, 2013 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder is said hacker only changing anime info?
Aug 22, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
Leonyx said:
SOExclusive said:
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

I didn't export my list, no. But isn't the anime titles and episodes just being changed by the hacker, so it can be changed back eventually?
“If I don't wield the sword, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the sword, I can't embrace you." -Ichigo Kurosaki
Aug 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2013
Wasn't the computer A.I. in 2001 named Hal 9000? That could explain the number. I think this German hacker's real name is Dave.
Aug 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
BambooPandas said:
Leonyx said:
SOExclusive said:
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

I didn't export my list, no. But isn't the anime titles and episodes just being changed by the hacker, so it can be changed back eventually?

Hopefully, I dont know
Aug 22, 2013 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
BambooPandas said:
Leonyx said:
SOExclusive said:
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

Exactly, so do not delete these entries.
Aug 22, 2013 8:23 PM

Jun 2007
BambooPandas said:
Leonyx said:
SOExclusive said:
BambooPandas said:
Fun, fun, fun.

Yeah, they've reverted things like this in the past too so it's not just a guess.
Aug 22, 2013 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
DarkHyde13 said:
Series Title, Title Synonyms, English Title, Japanese Title, Series Type, Total Episodes, Series MPAA, Dates, Synopses, Duration, Genre, Relations, AniDB ID, ANN ID, Wikipedia URL, Website URL.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2011
Go SSJMaster! The world is watching so make it rain!
Aug 22, 2013 8:27 PM

Sep 2011
Hippi93 said:
edmond321 said:
https://twitter.com/SSJMaster

The twitter of the "hacker", for anyone who wants to start a flame war. Fucking German.

i think that's of someone against him. But anyhow, the posts are months old, i don't think it's really relevant.

The links to the websites are still up.
Aug 22, 2013 8:27 PM

Jun 2012
I sound like an idiot, but How do I use my exported list?
Aug 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2007
MEanimaniac1 said:

You click import list and pick it.
Aug 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Thanks.
Aug 22, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2007
MEanimaniac1 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Thanks.

The turtle already linked the page directly, but if you go to your anime list and click add anime, the option to 'import anime' will be there, which is what I was referring to and why I made it out like you should be able to figure it out.
Oct 2012
Lol. So far they have changed the info to over 92 pages of shows to the "Man proposes, SSJMaster Disposes". -___- Someone has literally no time on their hands.

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
DarkHyde13 said:
Yes.

NinjaVanish said:
Wasn't the computer A.I. in 2001 named Hal 9000? That could explain the number. I think this German hacker's real name is Dave.
He posts pictures of Majin Buu from DBZ, 9,000 is obviously a reference to over 9,000.

Gotcha. Interesting.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Genres/Themes System Change Log

Kineta - Oct 2

43 by Kristiwazhere »»
7 hours ago

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

368 by haskellith »»
10 hours ago

» Export Manga List (Anime List too). ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Sep 19, 2007

50 by vgalvis »»
Oct 16, 4:54 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Sep 12

152 by toniportelli525 »»
Oct 15, 6:45 PM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Feb 23

254 by GoldenCash »»
Oct 7, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.