Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 6, 2013 11:55 AM

Mar 2011
Comogury said:
onedaysnotice said:
Erenle said:
Team Rocket
Jan 6, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2012
Doesn't this thread constitute listing, thus is against the rules?
Jan 6, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
SunInSplendor said:
Doesn't this thread constitute listing, thus is against the rules?
There's no list for favourite villains on your page.
Jan 6, 2013 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
-Envy- said:

Phantom Troupe - Hunter x Hunter 2011
End Zionazism
Jan 6, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Mikasa said:
-Envy- said:

Phantom Troupe - Hunter x Hunter

Brutal, smart, exceedingly cool and actually work as a team, even when one alone is more twisted than another shonen's villain group combined, so I second/third this.
Jan 6, 2013 1:31 PM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
What's good about the phantom troupe?

they are like akatsuki

Dude, you can at least give someone a better idea than that, can't you?

As for the one that asked, Genei Ryodan (or the Phantom Troupe) are a bunch of thieves. And they aren't just any thieves. They are the worst in history. They don't hesitate to get on the wrong side of the mafia for some loot. They murdered an entire clan just to get their eyes. And each of the members have apparently killed so many people, it is impossible for them to count just how many they have killed.

Do they all have unique weapons/powers?

Jan 6, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2012
Trafl-guy said:
Mikasa said:
-Envy- said:

Phantom Troupe - Hunter x Hunter

Brutal, smart, exceedingly cool and actually work as a team, even when one alone is more twisted than another shonen's villain group combined, so I second/third this.

Working as a team and they genuinely care for each other? I don't see that too often with groups of villains.

Jan 6, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2011
RandomPerson3 said:
SunInSplendor said:
Can't believe I forgot about the Homunculi from FMA:B
]

I'll go with this for damn sure. They are without a doubt my favorite group of villains. However since somebody brought it up the Ginyu Force from DBZ takes the cake for comical villains. ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2013 3:45 PM

Apr 2010
I have to go with Phantom Troupe from Hunter x Hunter. They actually have synergy between their members and feel like gang with a soul...
Jan 6, 2013 4:07 PM

Feb 2012
Not_Biased said:
JUON said:
As it occurs to my mind, I’d say the androids 17, 18 and 16 (17 & 18 specially) from DBZ.

they werent villains lol

Nah they were villains they just had a heel face turn.
Jan 6, 2013 4:21 PM

Nov 2010
Takasugi's little group of villians in Gintama
Jan 6, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
Homunculi from FMA

Favorite villains possibly ever, idk maybe. not sure why, they were just so awesome xD

Akatsuki from naruto

I like how they work in pairs but they usually hate each other and i like their leader. plus itachi, gotta love itachi :D

Phantom troupe

They have killed more people than they care to remember, they shit all over the mafia completely and dont even care. they are funny at times and they all actually care about each other especially their leader. I also like their powers, a hoover? LOL i have yet to see all of them in action, but i will very very soon. gonna go read it now actually xD

CP9, cant be forgetting those can we

IMO they are probably the most well writen villains in the series and are very powerful, the arcs they were in are some of my top arcs ever. one turns into a giraffe, LOL. i could say yonkou or something liek that but we havent even seen them do anything really >.< and whitebeard isnt a villain in any sense of the word, especially not to luffy :)
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 6, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
Shichibukai (One Piece) and Phantom Troupe (Hunter x Hunter)
Jan 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2011
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

As for the one that asked, Genei Ryodan (or the Phantom Troupe) are a bunch of thieves. And they aren't just any thieves. They are the worst in history. They don't hesitate to get on the wrong side of the mafia for some loot. They murdered an entire clan just to get their eyes. And each of the members have apparently killed so many people, it is impossible for them to count just how many they have killed.

The Nen abilities are unique to each person, so yeah.
Jan 6, 2013 8:05 PM
Dec 2012
-phantom troupe form HXH 2011
-the homonculus from FMA Brotherhood
-the noah clan from D-Gray man
hey you..that middle finger is looking at you
Jan 6, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2012
totally forgot about makishima from psycho pass, not really a group, although he could be in the sense that he is usually manipulating someone.

I think he's a great character, knows exactly what he's doing and is very manipulative. i like manipulative :Dhe also done some scary stuff in the latest episode >.<
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 6, 2013 9:16 PM

Apr 2012
Erenle said:
Team Rocket

naturally

Zeon
homunculi
Ginyu Force
the writers of SAO
Jan 6, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2011
DrunkenBlowfish said:
the writers of SAO

Did you read the Light Novel? If so, you would know that the anime didn't really do the LN justice. In that case it would be the studio that produced SAO (which, unfortunately, is the same one that is doing Shinsekai Yori).
Jan 7, 2013 12:43 AM

Oct 2012
jimbob1141 said:
Homunculi from FMA

Phantom troupe

They have killed more people than they care to remember, they shit all over the mafia completely and dont even care. they are funny at times and they all actually care about each other especially their leader. I also like their powers, a hoover? LOL i have yet to see all of them in action, but i will very very soon. gonna go read it now actually xD

)

How many people have we seen fight thus far?

Jan 7, 2013 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
Big Fire and the Magnificent Ten from Giant Robo
Devas from Digimon Tamers
Medical Mechanica from FLCL
Jan 7, 2013 3:41 AM

Jan 2008
The Phantom Troupe, hands down.

Not only is each individual member a complete badass and incredibly unique in their own right, they have some of the best group interactions I've seen. Their banter is hilarious but when the going gets tough, they stick to each other. That's why even though they are labelled as villains and have done many evil acts, it is hard for me to see them as complete monsters.
Jan 7, 2013 4:12 AM

Mar 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Homunculi from FMA
Jan 7, 2013 4:18 AM

Apr 2012
yhunata said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:
the writers of SAO

Did you read the Light Novel? If so, you would know that the anime didn't really do the LN justice. In that case it would be the studio that produced SAO (which, unfortunately, is the same one that is doing Shinsekai Yori).

I think you might be on to something. Maybe it is the studio that is the real evil organization.
Jan 7, 2013 6:12 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Somebody finally answered that question.Thank ya. Hunter x hunter 2011 is on my to watch list

Jan 7, 2013 6:13 AM

Oct 2012
Darklord_bg said:
The Phantom Troupe, hands down.

Not only is each individual member a complete badass and incredibly unique in their own right, they have some of the best group interactions I've seen. Their banter is hilarious but when the going gets tough, they stick to each other. That's why even though they are labelled as villains and have done many evil acts, it is hard for me to see them as complete monsters.

Sounds awesome ^^

Jan 7, 2013 6:24 AM

Mar 2012
Please don't say Phantom Troupe is like crappy Akatsuki. Whoever did.

:(
End Zionazism
Jan 7, 2013 6:49 AM
Dec 2012
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Somebody finally answered that question.Thank ya. Hunter x hunter 2011 is on my to watch list

Start it now!

But wait wait wait, why did you start watching Naruto Shippuuden without watching the first Naruto first? Obviously you're gonna think that the pacing is bad. You need to watch the first Naruto first.
Jan 7, 2013 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Start it now!

But wait wait wait, why did you start watching Naruto Shippuuden without watching the first Naruto first? Obviously you're gonna think that the pacing is bad. You need to watch the first Naruto first.

No way. Too many episodes. With Shippuden I'm only watching certain arcs.

Jan 7, 2013 7:19 AM
Dec 2012
Death_Acolyte said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Start it now!

dude believe me, it'll totally ruin your experience if you do that, you wont understand anything, just skip the fillers
Jan 7, 2013 7:33 AM
Oct 2011
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Start it now!

dude believe me, it'll totally ruin your experience if you do that, you wont understand anything, just skip the fillers
meh. I dropped Naruto and watching Shippuden. How could you stand watching it anyway? It was just retarded with Naruto running around saying "Believe it!" all the time (which was annoying) and it was tooooooooooo boring. :/
Jan 7, 2013 7:37 AM
Dec 2012
Candor said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Start it now!

meh. I dropped Naruto and watching Shippuden. How could you stand watching it anyway? It was just retarded with Naruto running around saying "Believe it!" all the time (which was annoying) and it was tooooooooooo boring. :/

uhh you watched the dub
Jan 7, 2013 7:43 AM
Oct 2011
Not_Biased said:
Candor said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Start it now!

uhh you watched the dub
nah, I tried watching the Japanese version, he was also annoying too-yo!
Jan 7, 2013 7:48 AM
Dec 2012
Candor said:
Not_Biased said:
Candor said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Death_Acolyte said:
yhunata said:
Not_Biased said:
Death_Acolyte said:

they are like akatsuki

Start it now!

uhh you watched the dub
nah, I tried watching the Japanese version, he was also annoying too-yo!

;p some people just prefer sasuke, the good thing about naruto is that it features an extensive cast of characters, so people will like some and hate some, it's ok

i, for one, hate sai

Jan 7, 2013 7:52 AM

Apr 2009
the homunculi from fma:b and baroque works from one piece.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Jan 7, 2013 7:57 AM
Oct 2011
Not_Biased said:

;p some people just prefer sasuke, the good thing about naruto is that it features an extensive cast of characters, so people will like some and hate some, it's ok

i, for one, hate sai

Sasuke is just an insecure emo guy, Sakura is also annoying. Those are the main characters, I didn't like them therefore I dropped the first season. Shippuden had Sai and Yamato, who were interesting characters, therefore I continued watching it. Where is the problem? Can't everyone like what he wants and don't like what he wants? So how about accepting that someone didn't like your holy grail of anime? hard, isn't it?
Jan 7, 2013 8:11 AM
Dec 2012
Candor said:
Not_Biased said:

i, for one, hate sai

Sasuke is just an insecure emo guy, Sakura is also annoying. Those are the main characters, I didn't like them therefore I dropped the first season. Shippuden had Sai and Yamato, who were interesting characters, therefore I continued watching it. Where is the problem? Can't everyone like what he wants and don't like what he wants? So how about accepting that someone didn't like your holy grail of anime? hard, isn't it?

It's funny because sasuke, naruto and sakura are still the main characters of shippuuden. Sai and Yamato were introduced after the gaara rescue arc.

There's no problem, you're the one that interrupted the conversation, looks like you're the one that don't accept that someone thinks that naruto is one of the greatest shonen.

We were having a nice conversation and you came "oh no dont watch the classic naruto it sucks blablabla" haters gonna hate.
Jan 7, 2013 8:16 AM
Oct 2011
Not_Biased said:
Candor said:
Not_Biased said:

i, for one, hate sai

It's funny because sasuke, naruto and sakura are still the main characters of shippuuden. Sai and Yamato were introduced after the gaara rescue arc.

There's no problem, you're the one that interrupted the conversation, looks like you're the one that don't accept that someone thinks that naruto is one of the greatest shonen.

We were having a nice conversation and you came "oh no dont watch the classic naruto it sucks blablabla" haters gonna hate.
Sai became an MC for a while after Sasuke left (and Gaara's arc). And Naruto became less annoying. So it was more watchable.

lol, I wonder who's the one forcing his opinions down other people's throats. Oh well.
Jan 7, 2013 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
I'm not gonna lie. I don't like Naruto or Sakura that much either. I love Kakashi though! <3. I also like Temari, Hinata, and another person who's name escapes my memory.

Jan 7, 2013 9:51 AM

Feb 2010
Genei Ryodan (Phantom Troupe)
Jan 7, 2013 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
Vanisher said:
Vanisher said:

I've seen this group mentioned the most. I may have to jump in hunter x hunter 2011 quicker than i though

Jan 7, 2013 10:25 AM

Apr 2011
Death_Acolyte said:
I'm not gonna lie. I don't like Naruto or Sakura that much either. I love Kakashi though! <3. I also like Temari, Hinata, and another person who's name escapes my memory.

Shikamaru, perhaps?

Also, I somehow like The Syndicate of Darker Than Black. You never know what's going on if it's them. I read somewhere that Pandora, Syndicate's enemy, were controlled by the same people. And you've gotta be either a) out of your mind, or b) absolutely confident in your ability, if you were to not hesitate in ordering the death of your best contractor.
Jan 7, 2013 10:47 AM

Oct 2011
Phantom Troupe (Genei Ryodan)

hands down the most intimidating. First, you don't see them get killed off one after the other. They are an actual group, not just five pairs with one forever alone guy (yeah I'm looking at you), therefore you can actually see most of them interacting with almost everyone else. When they split into groups they are divided in a smart, useful way.

Almost EVERYONE has leading qualities that shows in times of crisis. Especially when the leader's away.

Actually intelligent, when someone comes at them they don't just go "HA! fool! He's crazy" but actually stick together and see who he is, why he's after them, and how they can handle it. All of them are smart enogu, they may have the nerdy guy but not the "smart guy" who is the only one with common sense (since portraying a character as smart means simply making everyone else an idiot)

Every single one of them is a really impressive individual.

Their powers are really unique.

Their designs, simple but work really well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 11:29 AM

Nov 2012
Even though they're more of a group of silly teenagers some of which were mind controlled the society of light from yugioh gx dunno why they are just pretty kool
"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"
Jan 7, 2013 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
x5exotic said:

hands down the most intimidating. First, you don't see them get killed off one after the other. They are an actual group, not just five pairs with one forever alone guy (yeah I'm looking at you), therefore you can actually see most of them interacting with almost everyone else. When they split into groups they are divided in a smart, useful way.

Almost EVERYONE has leading qualities that shows in times of crisis. Especially when the leader's away.

Actually intelligent, when someone comes at them they don't just go "HA! fool! He's crazy" but actually stick together and see who he is, why he's after them, and how they can handle it. All of them are smart enogu, they may have the nerdy guy but not the "smart guy" who is the only one with common sense (since portraying a character as smart means simply making everyone else an idiot)

Are they the main villains of hunter x hunter in the same fashion that the homunculus are the main villains of FMAB?

Jan 7, 2013 12:58 PM
Oct 2011
Death_Acolyte said:
x5exotic said:

Are they the main villains of hunter x hunter in the same fashion that the homunculus are the main villains of FMAB?
They're the group that massacred Kurapika's clan, Kurapika is one of the main characters. In the first 40 episodes they just tease with them, in episode 40 or 41 they appear and they become the main villain of the Yorknew arc, which starts in episode 40 and ends in 58. After that (until the latest chapter in the manga) they gain less screen time and their role become less significant. The movie that'll premiere this month is a movie featuring them too.
Candor123Jan 7, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 7, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2011
Death_Acolyte said:
x5exotic said:

One of many.

The main villains are Hisoka the pedo clown, Illumi, The Phantom Troupe, Meryem the chimera ant king and his 3 royal guards, Paiston the mindf**er and Bomber who's gonna show up next episode

All of them are great villains (though not mentioned for not being a legit "group")
Jan 7, 2013 1:41 PM

Sep 2012
I'm surprised nobody has mentionned Southern Cross for the moment. Or maybe that was too obvious.

Anyway, aside from them, the phantom group is my favorite, they wasn't just a gathering of strong individual like most villain groups are. They really acted as a group and you see some real chemistry between the members.
Jan 7, 2013 3:56 PM

Sep 2012
@Death you actually watched only shippuden?
Jan 7, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
Trafl-guy said:
@Death you actually watched only shippuden?

i tried watching t he old naruto but couldnt get into it.

with shippuden im only gonna watch certain arcs. there are just way too many episodes to watch all of it

Jan 7, 2013 4:46 PM

Sep 2012
then skip the fillers, you can't just watch whichever episode, it's not fun :/ either the fulll canon story or just drop it

you could goolge which ep is filler
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Anime Hair/Eye Colour Combinations

Quadruple_Oi - 2 hours ago

10 by TitanOfPlasma »»
7 seconds ago

» What ruins an anime?

RealClutch - 24 minutes ago

2 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - Sep 26

47 by Kruszer »»
5 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

154 by Saphiran »»
13 minutes ago

» Are open-ended ending just lazy writing?

Dragevard - Sep 26

21 by Kruszer »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.