New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 16, 2012 2:58 PM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:
What is the point of certain users posting in every ep single word comments like "shit" or "dropping this shit" in every freaking ep?

What's the point of writing "awesome" in every episode thread?

Anime_Name said:
Plus the love the show gets is genuine from the fans while the hate is completely BS and unreasonable trite like rating it a 1 because someone else rated it a 10.

If that's not bias, I don't know what is.

Fans rate it 10 because they enjoy it. "Haters" rate it a 1 because they are angry that the rating is too good.

Haters rate it a 1 because they hate it.

And how is that more objective than the fanboys?
Oct 16, 2012 3:03 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
awesome=I like it ,I continue watching.
Shit=I hate it ,I dont fucking know why I am watching
dropping this shit=I hate it and I drop it then I am picking it up again just to be an attention whore in the threads.Or I am just retarded.

The point of "awesome" is that we at least know why he is watching.Whats the point of the others?

Shit implies that it's bad, it doesn't imply that someone doesn't enjoy it. Personally I've never seen someone say that they were going to drop it and then not do it, but if I were to see that then I would agree with you.

The problem is that you believe your reasons for watching something are more legitimate than someone else's.

whatever123456 said:
Fans rate it 10 because they enjoy it. "Haters" rate it a 1 because they are angry that the rating is too good.

Fans rate it a 10, because it's popular and the cool thing to do. "Haters" rate it a 1, because they simply feel that is the score it deserves. See how this works? You're trying to make it out like good guy vs. bad guy, and that's not the case. Ironically, your dismal of "haters" as bad guys makes you just as pretentious as those "haters" whom dismiss fanboys as blind followers.
JoshOct 16, 2012 3:07 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 16, 2012 3:04 PM
Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
NNick said:
ssjokg said:
NNick said:
...That list.

-_-

What list?

No wonder you like SAO, after watching so much _____ ____ ___ it probably lowered your standards pretty low.

Hell, last thing I watched in July was madoka, and so far I haven't found anything else worthy my time.

And to think I wasted time in helping people like you with FSN.....

@bbQsauce
See what I mean?

Which I stopped reading after someone told me it's about 200hours long, hell no, I rather replay Mass Effect Trilogy with all side missions.
Oct 16, 2012 3:05 PM

Sep 2012
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:
What is the point of certain users posting in every ep single word comments like "shit" or "dropping this shit" in every freaking ep?

Anime_Name said:
Plus the love the show gets is genuine from the fans while the hate is completely BS and unreasonable trite like rating it a 1 because someone else rated it a 10.

whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:

Anime_Name said:

The reason for this love/hate make the difference.
Oct 16, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:
awesome=I like it ,I continue watching.
Shit=I hate it ,I dont fucking know why I am watching
dropping this shit=I hate it and I drop it then I am picking it up again just to be an attention whore in the threads.Or I am just retarded.

The point of "awesome" is that we at least know why he is watching.Whats the point of the others?

Shit implies that it's bad, it doesn't imply that someone doesn't enjoy it. Personally I've never seen someone say that they were going to drop it and then not do it, but if I were to see that then I would agree with you.

The problem is that you believe your reasons for watching something are more legitimate than someone else's.

You serious?Every user that has this response in every ep enjoys it? Flawless logic you have there.
I see no reason in wasting time in something that I hated since day1. If you do tell my how that works.
Oct 16, 2012 3:10 PM

Aug 2009
]
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:

Anime_Name said:

I see no reason in both that blind hate and that blind loving
Oct 16, 2012 3:11 PM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:

Anime_Name said:

whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:

Anime_Name said:

What? Giving it a 1 is as objective as giving it a 10.
Oct 16, 2012 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
Ratings are pointless as they've always been *coughDiablo3cough*, no reason to worry about it people.
Oct 16, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
You serious?Every user that has this response in every ep enjoys it? Flawless logic you have there.

Actually, it is pretty well flawless logic. People wouldn't watch it if they stood absolutely nothing to gain, unless they are masochists, which seems unlikely.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 16, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
whatever123456 said:

No, you have to take into account the reason why the person gives such a rating, or else, there wouldn't be any show rated 10 or 1.
Oct 16, 2012 3:27 PM

Aug 2009
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:

Actually, it is pretty well flawless logic. People wouldn't watch it if they stood absolutely nothing to gain, unless they are masochists, which seems unlikely.

....Riiiiightt
Oct 16, 2012 3:30 PM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:

No, you have to take into account the reason why the person gives such a rating, or else, there wouldn't be any show rated 10 or 1.

People rate it a 10 because they like it and people rate it a 1 because they hate it.
Both not objective.
Oct 16, 2012 3:41 PM
Jan 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Ratings are pointless as they've always been *coughDiablo3cough*, no reason to worry about it people.
MAL's toplist imho was a good source before this thing appeared one day in, maybe it's full of overrated anime, but they are not mediocre like this.
I don't think SAO is the wrost anime of the world, is "fair", 6 or 7, but his positions is TOO high [anime and novel], when people scream "OH MAI GAWD BEST ANIMU OV DA YEAR!!!1" I get upset, just because it's not true, and other anime would deserve more.
I know the world is full of hyped anime since Gundam Wing, but here it'is exaggerated, this thing will end selling millions and will become a fashion worse than deathnote, and it is not fair, it's not even good a quarter of DN.

Of course series like Lain, Utena, Simoun etc deserve higher scores, but they are niche products aimed for a small fraction of the audience, no one can complain.
Oct 16, 2012 3:42 PM

Oct 2008
There's not really all that much disparity, it's very well rated.

It's also super mainstream and a great show for people to show how elite their tastes are by openly hating on it, excessively.
Oct 16, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
whatever123456 said:
Post-Moe said:
ssjokg said:

Anime_Name said:

Well because a person that rates it a 10 because they like could possibly give some objective reason to support their opinion. While a hater that rated the show a 1 because someone else rated it a 10 has no way to explain that objectively in relation to the show itself.

Oct 16, 2012 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
bbQsauce said:
hyperknees91 said:
MAL's toplist imho was a good source before this thing appeared one day in, maybe it's full of overrated anime, but they are not mediocre like this.
I don't think SAO is the wrost anime of the world, is "fair", 6 or 7, but his positions is TOO high [anime and novel], when people scream "OH MAI GAWD BEST ANIMU OV DA YEAR!!!1" I get upset, just because it's not true, and other anime would deserve more.
I know the world is full of hyped anime since Gundam Wing, but here it'is exaggerated, this thing will end selling millions and will become a fashion worse than deathnote, and it is not fair, it's not even good a quarter of DN.

Of course series like Lain, Utena, Simoun etc deserve higher scores, but they are niche products aimed for a small fraction of the audience, no one can complain.

You know,if I was going on a crusade every time a good show is cancelled or stays in season one because the moe otaku didnt like it I would definitely need meds.

In my opinion a lot of shows below 100 should have been higher and a lot that are above 100 should have been way lower.You (about SAO )and ME and others must face that the shows we believe that are truly great wont be recognized as much as others.

And really, the rank of a show doesnt present it's real value.Give me a good reason all of the Gintama are in the top10...I fucking love Gintama but I dont see how it has a better story than S;G,Ippo,FZ,GTO and others.
But at the same time I cant give Gintama a lower score than what I felt it deserved just because another show is better.

Now if the ranking in MAL was affecting the industry then go ahead and do what you can to "open the eyes"of the blind fanboys but I see no reason to get upset about ranks that do not affect anything at all.IF you think that normal anime fans wont search for the really good series(anime or not) just because they are below the top200 you are wrong and you know it.

The same goes for the top favorite characters.How in the world Ichigo,Naruto,Konata,Sebastian and others can be so high is a mystery to me.
Surely I doubt that some of my favs deserve so much "love".But I at least dont like them because they are the MCs or so moe to die for.
ssjokgOct 16, 2012 4:06 PM
Oct 16, 2012 4:06 PM

Sep 2010
I fucking love Gintama but I dont see how it has a better story than S;G,Ippo,FZ,GTO and others.

Easy, Gintama isn't highly rated for the story aspect. Story varies in importance depending on the anime and the MAL ratings are not weighed on who has the best story. The biggest draw to Gintama is comedy and the character. The cast could is around all day eating a bowl of soup and still produce a top notch episode of Gintama.

Oct 16, 2012 4:11 PM

Aug 2008

You know,if I was going on a crusade every time a good show is cancelled or stays in season one because the moe otaku didnt like it I would definitely need meds.

In my opinion a lot of shows below 100 should have been higher and a lot that are above 100 should have been way lower.You (about SAO )and ME and others must face that the shows we believe that are truly great wont be recognized as much as others.

And really, the rank of a show doesnt present it's real value.Give me a good reason all of the Gintama are in the top10...I fucking love Gintama but I dont see how it has a better story than S;G,Ippo,FZ,GTO and others.
But at the same time I cant give Gintama a lower score than what I felt it deserved just because another show is better.

Now if the ranking in MAL was affecting the industry then go ahead and do what you can to "open the eyes"of the blind fanboys but I see no reason to get upset about ranks that do not affect anything at all.IF you think that normal anime fans wont search for the really good series(anime or not) just because they are below the top200 you are wrong and you know it.

The top list is ok (I personally want to vomit at Code geass's spot, but I can't deny it's popularity). There's always going to be shows that critical people consider overrated, we're all different and like different things.

For example the show might be pretty stupid, but I enjoyed the hell out of Law of Ueki and I have no objective reason to say why I liked it so much (same with prince of tennis and kuroko no basket).

I just have always find it silly to be a numerical rating on something thats judged based on feelings, everyones gonna react to things differently (see everyone who played dark souls how varied opinions can be).

So yeah I feel we can discuss what we like and dislike on things, but unlike a math test there is no definite solution to making a show (or a perfect 10) but yeah (rambling I gooo)
Oct 16, 2012 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
Anime_Name said:
I fucking love Gintama but I dont see how it has a better story than S;G,Ippo,FZ,GTO and others.

Easy, Gintama isn't highly rated for the story aspect. Story varies in importance depending on the anime and the MAL ratings are not weighed on who has the best story. The biggest draw to Gintama is comedy and the character. The cast could is around all day eating a bowl of soup and still produce a top notch episode of Gintama.

I like Gintama for that exact reason.
The problem is that If I like series "x" as much as series "y", but I think the "y" is better in general than "x", I cant just lower the score of "x". It doesnt seem fair to me.If there was a way to put them in order of preference(in our lists) it would be great but I doubt if that is easy to happen.
Oct 16, 2012 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Anime_Name said:

Are you serious? Or are you being sarcastic? Its hard to tell.

On the off-chance that you're serious :
Why do you think all the 1's only exist becease of the 10's? Do you really think nobody thinks this show deserves a 1? While its okay to think it deserves a 10?
What kind of messed up logic is that?
rederoinOct 16, 2012 4:29 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
rederoin said:
Anime_Name said:

Are you serious? Or you being sarcastic? Its hard to tell.

Why do you think all the 1's only exist becease of the 10's? Do you really think nobody thinks this show deserves a 1? While its okay to think it deserves a 10?

If we go by how MAL describes 1s ,that is [appalling]or as it used to be[unwatchable] I dont see how this show(and others) can get so many 1s when everyone keeps watching every ep while hating it in every ep.So they either dont know what the fuck they are doing or they just hate the show for the sake of hating it.

You think a show is shit?You rate it 1 and you drop it.You dont come back every week to prove your point.
Oct 16, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
Anime_Name said:

If we go by how MAL describes 1s ,that is [appalling]or as it used to be[unwatchable] I dont see how this show(and others) can get so many 1s when everyone keeps watching every ep while hating it in every ep.So they either dont know what the fuck they are doing or they just hate the show for the sake of hating it.

You think a show is shit?You rate it 1 and you drop it.You dont come back every week to prove your point.

After I gave it a 1, I dropped it.

Which is exactly my point, how is my dislike of the show not "genuine"?

Oct 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2009
rederoin said:
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
Anime_Name said:

Your dislike or even hate is fine.Can you say the same for almost all the rest?Or are you saying that those people dont exist?If you mean that they dont exist, I probably was in a different forum.
Oct 16, 2012 4:39 PM
Apr 2012
SAO is great for the mmorpg gamers because it reminds them about their gaming life so most of them gave it a 10, most of the others cant stand the anime because they don't understand it completely and all they want is great animation fight scenes with every single one of the floors bosses so they will rate it 1 because it's overrated for them, the anime so far so good and deserve 7 or 8 for Fair-Raters and 9 for Entertainment-Raters, frankly it doesn't deserve all that hating

but in the end of the day , Haters gonna hate * sight*
Oct 16, 2012 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
Anime_Name said:

Your dislike or even hate is fine.Can you say the same for almost all the rest?Or are you saying that those people dont exist?If you mean that they dont exist, I probably was in a different forum.

My orginal comment was a reply to this "While the hate is completely BS and unreasonable". I really dont get why you had to reply to me. All I was doing was question his reasons behind thinking all of the 1's are unreasonable.

I never said everybody drops this show when they give it a 1, although the once commenting are the vocal minority, so its safe to assume more than 90% of the 1 raters have dropped it.

Oct 16, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
as long as things exist, there is going to be people who dont like it and people that do. more popular = more watchers = more haters

yeah sure there may be a lot of haters but when you compare to how many people there are who think it a masterpiece or just generally enjoy it, it is pretty balanced out. how people state their hate is just dependant on the person, some people just enjoy insulting others (or something >.>). others just point out the actual flaws within it and it is totally understandable why they wouldnt like it. the fights are quite annoying mostly still frames, but im not really bothered as im not really watching for that, the characters arent brilliantly developed (one min theyre friends next they are married and find a kid etc.) but i enjoy their relationship and find it a good watch, each to their own i guess.

I also know someone who says he doesnt like things pretty much just because they are popular, without even watching it/reading it he just says he hates it and "oh that shit, its overrated" its sort of like he just wants to be different in everything he does xD sort of a literal "its too mainstream" attitude.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 16, 2012 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
rederoin said:
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
Anime_Name said:

My orginal comment was a reply to this "While the hate is completely BS and unreasonable". I really dont get why you had to reply to me. All I was doing was question his reasons behind thinking all of the 1's are unreasonable.

I never said everybody drops this show when they give it a 1, although the once commenting are the vocal minority, so its safe to assume more than 90% of the 1 raters have dropped it.

Hate is when you go every day in some show's threads in order to prove the same point again and again while insulting both the viewers and the creators.THAT is "completely BS and unreasonable"
When you say the reasons you dislike it once or twice and then you drop it for good it's fine.You said your reasons for dropping it and saved yourself without harassing others. Everything else is no better than blindly loving a show, in fact it is worse.

Look at SAO.Right now it has 18541 posts.By the end of the series it will surpass Bleach and OP that have the highest number of posts.If anything all this hate makes SAO even more popular than many people want it to be.
Oct 16, 2012 4:56 PM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
Anime_Name said:

The problem is that If I like series "x" as much as series "y", but I think the "y" is better in general than "x", I cant just lower the score of "x". It doesnt seem fair to me.If there was a way to put them in order of preference(in our lists) it would be great but I doubt if that is easy to happen.

Straight up math is about the only fair thing on MAL.
MAL gives thousands of the chance to rate anime and everyone's rating has equal rate(if they've seen most of the anime). The resulting averages is about as fair as it can get. Not liking the result is a sign that you'd rather have ranks match your preference but that wouldn't be more fair than just dealing with averages and viewership numbers.

Oct 16, 2012 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
Anime_Name said:
ssjokg said:
Anime_Name said:

Straight up math is about the only fair thing on MAL.
MAL gives thousands of the chance to rate anime and everyone's rating has equal rate(if they've seen most of the anime). The resulting averages is about as fair as it can get. Not liking the result is a sign that you'd rather have ranks match your preference but that wouldn't be more fair than just dealing with averages and viewership numbers.

It's just that I would like to be able to show which of the two shows I gave 10s is better than the other.But anyway MAL's rankings wont stop me from watching and liking a series.
Oct 16, 2012 9:28 PM

Jun 2009
I don't love the show, SAO It's not that good
I don't hate the show, SAO is not unwatchable. Still a viable time waster.

The show, for me, it's more or less Strike Witches, have an over-arching plot, but it's pretty much a fan service show.

Except, instead of using flying girls without pants to attract perverts, they use a dream setting, stuck in an MMORPG game, and a dream character

"Dream MMORPG character... Top level, Boss Soloing, Noob Stomping, Chick Magnet, Dual-wielding Black Swordsman and pretty boy, Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)" To attract the mmorpg gamers, the kids and the easily impressed bunch... And those who self-insert themselves in Kirito's shoes. (I'm guilty of this, I did self insert in Kirito's shoe during the Noob Stomping in episode 4)

EDIT: And judging by the numbers of people who wished they live in Aincard, I think the setting is without a doubt, the biggest draw of the show. (Which is the reason I start watching SAO myself)

Weird... As I'm typing this, I'm reminded of some Strike Witches character development, which seemed done quite a bit better than our show here... But nvm that.

SAO is a crowd pleaser, and it's doing just that. They earn their popularity through targeting the great number of easily impressed audience.(We all know this is true)

But is it a good anime? Well...

Think Burger King. I eat Burger King(BBQ Bacon Double Cheese Burger Meal) once a week, it's my friday evening treat. Do I like it, Hell yes.

Is the food good? Well... Unless I'm retarded, I don't think I'll ever say BBQ Bacon Double Cheese Burger is good for me.

In conclusion, it's not good food, but that doesn't mean I won't eat it.
Just like SAO, it's not good anime, but that doesn't mean I won't watch it.

For me, SAO is a 6 out of 10 at best. (I'm biased toward SAO, because SAO's setting is like a dream setting to me, but... Keep up the BS and and I'll have trouble convincing myself that this show deserve even 6)
AirStylesOct 16, 2012 9:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2012 10:37 PM
Oct 2010
I am actually not sure why people rate shows before or at least coming extremely close to completing them.
Oct 16, 2012 10:41 PM

Aug 2009
skudoops said:
I am actually not sure why people rate shows before or at least coming extremely close to completing them.
Forget about rating.Making reviews or even freaking previews still puzzles me.
Oct 16, 2012 10:41 PM

May 2011
skudoops said:

Sometimes the damage was done much earlier. I don't particularly hate the show, but it's nice to see the LN animated, and i got a former MMO player bias.
Oct 16, 2012 10:43 PM
Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
skudoops said:

Yeah, not sure how you can review a whole show based on one or two episodes. I certainly won't give the show a score until it finishes. I may even stomach through the last few eps of AO and rate it (although at this point I couldn't care less really.. AO is so bad :| )
Oct 16, 2012 11:03 PM

Sep 2010
skudoops said:
ssjokg said:
skudoops said:

Yeah, not sure how you can review a whole show based on one or two episodes. I certainly won't give the show a score until it finishes. I may even stomach through the last few eps of AO and rate it (although at this point I couldn't care less really.. AO is so bad :| )

Here's another easy as question. The reviews that are done before the entire anime airs are reviews for what the reviewer has seen. ANN does episode 1-3ish reviews for new anime every season, they review their streams some of which are not finished, and they review physical release per volume(only some of the episodes for an anime) for anime.

Oct 16, 2012 11:59 PM

Jun 2012
What I find funny is that the majority of people watch SAO for the MMO setting, yet Kirito spends the majority of his time alone. Totally a "genuine" MMO experience right there. /s
Oct 17, 2012 1:38 AM
Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:
skudoops said:
ssjokg said:
skudoops said:

Here's another easy as question. The reviews that are done before the entire anime airs are reviews for what the reviewer has seen. ANN does episode 1-3ish reviews for new anime every season, they review their streams some of which are not finished, and they review physical release per volume(only some of the episodes for an anime) for anime.

Yeah but still, that doesn't really make any sense to do. Imagine if I watched the first two episodes of Madoka and rated it from there. It would be quite a bit lower than what I actually gave the entire show. Which is why I still cannot see the point in doing that.
Oct 17, 2012 4:34 AM

Sep 2007
skudoops said:

Yeah but still, that doesn't really make any sense to do. Imagine if I watched the first two episodes of Madoka and rated it from there. It would be quite a bit lower than what I actually gave the entire show. Which is why I still cannot see the point in doing that.

There's no point in MAL counting your rating, I agree, unless it's a ridiculously long series. If you watch 100 episodes of One Piece and don't like it, should your rating be discarded? Under the current system it is and that's unfair. On the other hand, discounting the rating after 2 episodes for an 11-episode series is entirely fair.

On the other hand, why shouldn't you rate them? I browse my anime list sections by rating, it's far more logical than alphabetically. I'm also reminded of exactly what I thought of it when I watched it by the rating.
Oct 17, 2012 4:55 AM

Oct 2012
Well I think it will have less hate if episode 1 is just bad as the others
Oct 17, 2012 5:05 AM
Oct 2012
lionheart04 said:

Problem is, it wasn't. Wasted potential.

How I wish Gen Urobuchi did SAO instead...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2012 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

I came here because of the setting, it's like a dream anime setting. (And I probably won't stop watching)

If episode 1 is bad, I'll put my faith in 2!
If 2 is bad, i"ll put my faith in 3!

If the series ends bad, I will rage for the exact same reason.

Show have a great setting and put it to waste. That is why most of us are mad. A wasted potential is a lot worse than show with little potential and done badly.

This show is like Guilty Crown

Solid episode 1, and been average so far.

Guilty Crown picked up a bit during episode 13~15.
SAO did the same, presented me episode 13, which I argue is the very best episode done to date.

Guilty Crown did average for the rest of the way.
SAO might, but I'll have faith, just like I did with Guilty Crown.
Oct 17, 2012 5:09 AM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

I came here because of the setting, it's like a dream anime setting. (And I probably won't stop watching)

Show have a great setting and put it to waste. That is why most of us are mad. A wasted potential is a lot worse than show with little potential and done badly.

In the form of a light novel, the description and omnipresent narrator make the whole story so much better...we actually can see the conflict within with much more clarity. In the anime it's just like spectating a formula 1 race....wait 12 mins (the 1 week wait per episode) for 5-8 seconds of your favourite speedster zooming pass with a SCREEEEECHH then wait another 5 minutes for his next appearance.

And given the romantic concoction in the Light Novel, the deus ex machinas don't quite appear so farfetched.

Still, Deus Ex Machinas are unforgivable. Gen Urobuchi Y U NO WRITE SAO
Oct 17, 2012 5:14 AM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

SAO did the same, presented me episode 13, which I argue is the very best episode done to date.

Kawahara is quite the romantic...he dedicated so much of the original SAO novel to the final battle and the tragic love between Kirito and Asuna....then it all gets compressed into 1 episode.
Oct 17, 2012 5:21 AM

Jun 2009
Valourtore said:
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

Kawahara is quite the romantic...he dedicated so much of the original SAO novel to the final battle and the tragic love between Kirito and Asuna....then it all gets compressed into 1 episode.

Anime don't follow novel.
Anime wasted the potential of the novel.
Anime did shitty.

end of story.

Good source material does not defend a poor adaption. Because in the end, they are 2 different things. Because in the end, we're judging the anime here.

You don't let a criminal off the hook just because his father was a saint.

Not quite the same logic, but you get what I mean.
Oct 17, 2012 5:29 AM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:
Valourtore said:
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

Anime did shitty.

end of story.

Good source material does not defend a poor adaption. Because in the end, they are 2 different things. Because in the end, we're judging the anime here.

I wish that after SAO Progressive is completed, another studio that actually gives a damn about english and quality and pacing picks up the COMPLETE SAO.
Oct 17, 2012 5:33 AM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:
Valourtore said:
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

Anime did shitty.

end of story.

Yes, it could have been better.
Ok, you don't like it.
Now, can you drop it and move on?
Oct 17, 2012 5:34 AM

Aug 2009
Valourtore said:
AirStyles said:
Valourtore said:
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:

Disagree.

Anime did shitty.

end of story.

I wish that after SAO Progressive is completed, another studio that actually gives a damn about english and quality and pacing picks up the COMPLETE SAO.

Thats the best joke ever!!!!!!

Keep dreaming.I still wait for FSN anime by ufotable and a decent Tsukihime and Umineko adaption.
Oct 17, 2012 7:03 AM
Feb 2012
skudoops said:

I am actually not sure why people rate shows before they have even seen the first episode of this series, only to learn about it from their peers that "it sucks."

I've noticed this in a lot of SAO haters.
Oct 17, 2012 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
AngelicTsundere said:
skudoops said:

I am actually not sure why people rate shows before they have even seen the first episode of this series, only to learn about it from their peers that "it sucks."

I've noticed this in a lot of SAO haters.

Or perhaps you should notice how many people rated this anime before it even aired.

Valourtore said:
lionheart04 said:

The Butcher won't fix SAO because he only writes suffering.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 17, 2012 7:37 AM

Oct 2012
Valourtore said:
lionheart04 said:

I agree about Gen Urobochi, The concept of this show is well suited to a darker theme on par with saya no uta or madoka. In a midst of thousands of people dying this show should have shown the desperation of everyone to survive, A deeper look to kayaba's motive, people struggling to adapt to their new environment and the psychological condition of everyone. What we get is kirito helping some random loli to revive its virtual pet
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
3 hours ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

18 by Pyr4m1d »»
Yesterday, 7:11 AM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2012

544 by Kraum »»
May 26, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.