Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2012 3:16 PM

Mar 2009
So my original 60 just got the YLOD. Had a pretty good run, since launch day in 06'. Used it minimum 3 hours every day. Was quite the trooper, but now I'm sad since it died yesterday. Don't really feel like throwing out 250 for a new one, especially with AX in 3 days. Who here still has the original PS3's? Don't you kinda get attached to them? I'm sad mine died, and I hate the look of the new slims but eh I guess I'll get over it.

Yep, its /blog time lol. Anyone have similar stories of their PS3's dying on them? If so how long did they last?
Jun 25, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
sucks, luckily my ps3 hasnt ylod yet but i have gone through the experience of rrod twice so i can imagine what thats like, i put all my saves on a flash drive though for my ps3 just in case it does one day croke

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2012 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
My ol' fat 80gb, have it since launch, dropped it twice on the ground (whoopsie) and overheated due to a bad posiioning once, and is still flawless.

Of course aside from the piece of ********************* the browser is.
Jun 25, 2012 5:16 PM
Jun 2012
Hmm... My PS3 currupted every single save file i had at one time. ;~;
Jun 25, 2012 6:00 PM

Jan 2008
Got an Original PS3.

Can't you just get it fixed? Should be way cheaper to do that as well.
Jun 25, 2012 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
I used a YT walkthrough to fix my PS3 about a year ago, and I found it to be a huge pain in the ass.
Jun 25, 2012 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I know a guy who will fix it for 50 bux at a PC repair shop. I mean, surly you know someone like that? And 50bux is well worth the cost.
Jun 25, 2012 9:57 PM

Mar 2009
Yea I have a place near by that could do it for 60, but that's only a temporary fix anyway. YLOD is inevitable. But I'll probably go down there tomorrow and see what they do and make my decision then.
Jun 25, 2012 10:14 PM

Jan 2008
From what I've heard it's not inevitable. Just happens to be a fault with how it was originally made. The yt fixes and threads are a little long but they seem to say the fix can be maintained. Shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck. Tell us what happens. I say spring fro the 6obux and get it fixed, you might get another 2 three years out of it.
Jun 25, 2012 10:29 PM

Sep 2011
I know that feeling.
My Original PS3 Hard drive burnt out.
Got it replaced but then the motherboard burnt out too.
Now I've got a Slim, But it just doesn't have the same feel.
Jun 25, 2012 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
Rawrol said:
I know that feeling.
My Original PS3 Hard drive burnt out.
Got it replaced but then the motherboard burnt out too.
Now I've got a Slim, But it just doesn't have the same feel.

Slims are lame, they also don't play ps2 games do they?

The fact the PS4 is not going to be backward compatible makes me hate sony.
Jun 25, 2012 11:02 PM
Mar 2011
still have my luncch day brought PS3
but then again same with ps2
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 25, 2012 11:17 PM

Jul 2007
I had my ps3 just recently replaced with the newer version. Both of them were slim versions.

What happened was that my ps3 would not play disks any more, it come up with some sort of disk read error. Now that i replaced it with a new ps3 i am actually quite disappointed, that ps3 lasted me like 4 years and now i just got this new system its already making these horribly loud like grinding sounds when the disk spins, is that normal for the new ps3? Is the rom drive just louder or something? It doesn't show any issues or problems well its doing, it just once in a while makes a really loud sound and i just got the damn thing so it kind of worries me.

Jun 26, 2012 1:39 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I had to buy a new PS3 recently because my 2008 PS3 died a month or so ago.

Sucks, but I actually like the newer model of PS3 now. It's smaller and I think it just more compact looking. :p

But yeah, It was a little sad to lose that old PS3 considering how many games I play on it.
Jun 26, 2012 5:07 AM

Jan 2008
Createthebox said:
Yeah, I had to buy a new PS3 recently because my 2008 PS3 died a month or so ago.

Sucks, but I actually like the newer model of PS3 now. It's smaller and I think it just more compact looking. :p

But yeah, It was a little sad to lose that old PS3 considering how many games I play on it.

But does the new PS3 Plat ps2 games? I heard no.
Jun 26, 2012 6:13 AM

Jun 2011
Olpho-Kodoso said:

Neither do most of the old models.
Jun 26, 2012 6:19 AM

Jan 2008
Narmy said:
Olpho-Kodoso said:

Neither do most of the old models.

The original one does. Which is the one I have. The fuck is wrong with sony. Dick heads.
Jun 26, 2012 7:16 AM
Jul 2009
I'm not even sure if mine is dead or not. I've had it for like 3 years but I've only used it like 10 times.
Jun 26, 2012 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
My Ps3 hasn't died (yay!), but alas, today I wear black in memory of my Ps2.

T^T My Ps2 was like the best friend I ever had. Everyday, when I was stressed out, or had a terrible day at school I would just turn the console on, turn off the lights and close the door and play away! But now.... It died. It had a good run though, ten years is alot.
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jun 26, 2012 11:36 AM

Jun 2008
My PS3 is still alive and well, and I use it everyday! :D
Jun 26, 2012 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
I had a scarred today when I was playing uncharted 3 and it kept freezing. But turns out it was the disc because it kept freezing in the same place. This topics got me all worried.

The Original PS3 is the best, they should never have made another kind, always stayed with that model and kept it backward compatible.

I fucking hate sony.

PS4 will be shit.
Jun 26, 2012 12:17 PM

Jun 2012
that's pretty long. Mine died in 09. JP 60 GB import.
Jun 26, 2012 4:15 PM

Mar 2009
Sony took out the backwards compatibility cause it was costing them a lot of money, plus now they can put old PS2 games on PSN so we have to pay more. Yea it's a dick move, but they're a company, and just like all other companies they want to make money. So, whatever.

I am sad to lose the backwards compatibility, but I can survive without it. I rarely ever used it. Think I'll just buy a new ps2 when I get a job and save up some money.

5 Years and 6ish months is a pretty good run for the most unreliable version of the system, so I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. I'm actually surprised it did. I didn't take care of it at all for 2 years, then 3 years ago I started cleaning it regularly. Also, to the person whom I've made paranoid now, I'm sorry XD. Yours will be fine.

Side note, the place near me doesn't fix YLOD anymore so I'm having my uncle take out the disk that was in mine when it died, and then buying a new one after Anime Expo.
Jun 26, 2012 6:18 PM

Jan 2008
FreedomT1 said:
Sony took out the backwards compatibility cause it was costing them a lot of money, plus now they can put old PS2 games on PSN so we have to pay more. Yea it's a dick move, but they're a company, and just like all other companies they want to make money. So, whatever.

I am sad to lose the backwards compatibility, but I can survive without it. I rarely ever used it. Think I'll just buy a new ps2 when I get a job and save up some money.

I wouldn't mind if the PSN had a larger library. Can I download Okami? no, Doesn't matter they are release and HD version soon, how long has that taken them to do?

In fact theres a lot of games that not even on the PS3 are available to buy. If they had the full catalog, yes they can do this. This is sony, they can afford the space and work it out. It'f fucking sony. Then yes sure, but right now the PS2 range has what like 60 titles, if that. Most of them shit game I would never play anyway. Thats all well and cool when you have the some 1000 games the ps2 has to it's name, theres a lot of shit. But can I buy chrono cross? Can I buy suikoden? Can I buy the games I want? No, I have to put up with their bullshit releases. Same goes for PS1, but oddly that has a way better library, not all the games I want, but a lot.

They need to fix this. I don't care if it's never backward compatible again, just make the goddamn games available to buy. fucking idiots.
Jun 26, 2012 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
And why can I not buy Games like uncharted and similar. This makes no fucking sense sony. None at all. Fix your shit.
Jun 26, 2012 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
Shitty construction.
Jun 26, 2012 11:10 PM

Jan 2008
Shitty sony.
Jun 26, 2012 11:22 PM

Jun 2011
Olpho-Kodoso said:
Shitty sony.

All of the modern consoles are shitty. They use cheap parts and cheap construction to cut costs.
Jul 3, 2012 8:53 PM

Mar 2009
^Indeed, but people will still buy them. Like me. Went out and bought a slim with plus. T_T My wallet, it hurts.
Jul 3, 2012 9:34 PM

Jul 2007
I don't care what anyone says, the 5000 models of the ps2 were the best versions ever. I have had mine since it was released and it still works to this day perfectly.

Jul 3, 2012 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
I actually have a guy I do computer work that moved away recently that had his PS3 fat die from overheating, if he doesn't get it fixed or just is going to buy a slim I asked if I could have it. I would attempt a repair my self and install those heat sink kits you can get and if that did not work take the BR drive out and try to do something with it
Jul 3, 2012 9:38 PM

Jul 2007
Ylphy said:
FreedomT1 said:

I wouldn't mind if the PSN had a larger library. Can I download Okami? no, Doesn't matter they are release and HD version soon, how long has that taken them to do?

In fact theres a lot of games that not even on the PS3 are available to buy. If they had the full catalog, yes they can do this. This is sony, they can afford the space and work it out. It'f fucking sony. Then yes sure, but right now the PS2 range has what like 60 titles, if that. Most of them shit game I would never play anyway. Thats all well and cool when you have the some 1000 games the ps2 has to it's name, theres a lot of shit. But can I buy chrono cross? Can I buy suikoden? Can I buy the games I want? No, I have to put up with their bullshit releases. Same goes for PS1, but oddly that has a way better library, not all the games I want, but a lot.

They need to fix this. I don't care if it's never backward compatible again, just make the goddamn games available to buy. fucking idiots.

It seems all your doing is complaining bout games not coming out as fast as you want them to. Be thankful that sony has brought out a ton of ps1 classics, that normally retail price would cost a ton of money to buy. Like chrono cross, Final fantasy VII, Parasite eve, etc and at 9.99 a pop. Thats a killer deal. Just look how some of the prices on games have dropped dramatically on the market due to PSN releasing them. For god sakes Okami was just announced like not to long ago and you expect them just to bring that shit out thier lightening fast, sorry bro thats not the way it works. Have patience. Their is a thousand ps2 games, but they can't simply just bring them all out at once. They have to program them so they work on the ps3 first of all which is a process in it self.
ArtimesGamerJul 3, 2012 9:44 PM

More topics from this board

» Best site to rate and discuss video games?

lucjan - Yesterday

1 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Between these two franchises ,which do you think has the better soundtracks?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 6

6 by Nette »»
Today, 11:14 AM

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - May 31

32 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
Today, 9:14 AM

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

161 by ST63LTH »»
Today, 2:53 AM

» What's yalls favorite Pokemon?

Conraddoyle - Feb 13

42 by ninjaberserker »»
Yesterday, 11:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.