Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2012 1:11 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well that was an entertaining chapter, the 5 Kage are getting pwned by Madara but
Tsuchikage managed to make a final stand. Also Itachi met up with Sasuke! Holy crap yes!
Feb 22, 2012 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
woh nice back and forth story action lol, madara vs the 5 kages and now sasuke vs itachi
Feb 22, 2012 4:13 AM

Dec 2009
j0x said:
woh nice back and forth story action lol, madara vs the 5 kages and now sasuke vs itachi
We do not know if they will fight. Why would Sasuke try to fight his brother? What hes doing is for his brother.
Feb 22, 2012 4:32 AM

Feb 2010
Madara is overpowered^^ sasuke and itachi cross path after all but i looks like itachi doesn't care :p.
Feb 22, 2012 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
What i learnt from this chapter:
Madara is going to destroy the world.
Orochimaru is a true genius.
According to kabuto the Edo tensei can't be stopped by anyone.
Also I think sasuke and itachi will talk not fight.

14 pages annoyed me, where's the good old 17-20 pages :(
4/5
Feb 22, 2012 4:52 AM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for all of this to get animated... ou wait, it'll probably take at least two years before this is shown in the anime :(

Feb 22, 2012 5:32 AM
Nov 2007
uzee said:
Can't wait for all of this to get animated... ou wait, it'll probably take at least two years before this is shown in the anime :(

By the time it will be animated the world will end.
Feb 22, 2012 5:41 AM

Feb 2011
Nice to finally get to see what's going with the kages. I'm still wondering whether the Oonoki flashback will actually have a justified purpose tho.
And Itachi didn't seem like he's planning to have a talk with Sasuke to be honest...
Feb 22, 2012 5:42 AM

Oct 2009
Mangatream may have had better quality scans/translation/grammar... well, everything, but Mangazone is quite a big faster. I had heard Mangastream was obtaining chapters before they even hit the Japanese market. And here comes Mangazone, even faster XD Keep in mind, I read this at 7 (eastern time) this morning. That never happened with Mangastream.

Anyways, short chapter, but it was good. Apparently Hashirama was a demi-god in his time, and ninjas in the present can't compete with him, essentially, fucking up Kakashi's theory that the next generation will grow stronger than the last. And now that Hashirama's cells are apart of Madara's, Madara has taken Hashirama's demi-god status, and turned it into *takes off sunglasses* a three quarters-god status, YEAHHHHHH!! That aside, I'm looking forward to Itachi HOPEFFULY convincing Sasuke to stop acting like a fucking faggot!

Edit: Keep in mind that a lot of Kishimoto's pages are double spreads. He fits the normal amount of pages most Shounen manga do, but for some reason, uses double spreads to do so.
lucjanFeb 22, 2012 6:05 AM

Feb 22, 2012 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
words of wisdom from ITACHI very sooooooon!!
Feb 22, 2012 6:12 AM

Oct 2011
I bet the stone bullshit didn't make sense to Kishi himself when he wrote it.
Look a useless stone
but it's about the will!
now I will replace it, but er, it's about the will! And I can also see it in you!

Anyway the swtich to the 5 kages is bad for the pace, it's too late they might as well skip it till after Tobi is done.

The Hashirama face-thing is too weird so I can't say much about it now.
Loved the flower-wood forest thing jutsu, pretty sweet scene, something to look forward to in the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2012 6:14 AM

Oct 2009
x5exotic said:
Look a useless stone
but it's about the will!
now I will replace it, but er, it's about the will! And I can also see it in you!

No no, you gotta look at it from a psychoanalytic point of view. Those stones represent the crack rocks Kishi uses to smoke up this bullshit.

Feb 22, 2012 6:20 AM

Mar 2011
Five kages do their thing and then Sasuke sees his brother.

Hmmm, this may be the final straw that breaks sasuke's mental camel.

Okay, bad analogy, but either sasuke will be comforted by his brothers presence or he will finaly go ape shit insane.
Feb 22, 2012 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
**yawn** **yawn**
Feb 22, 2012 6:32 AM

Mar 2011
Damn that Madara he is very overpowered :) :)
Feb 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Feb 2012
i think that Itachi will talk with sasuke but maybe he doesn't want to fight him
and well... op Madara is OP xD probably oonoki will die in that fight
Feb 22, 2012 6:44 AM

May 2010
At last Sasuke meet Itachi again !!
Feb 22, 2012 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
iNeon said:
14 pages annoyed me, where's the good old 17-20 pages :(

This chapter had 17 pages...and it was okay until the very last, when it became awesome.
Feb 22, 2012 7:24 AM

Jun 2010
I saw the page numbers. It said 18 and then I realized that the last 4 were just pictures.Why did they have to end it right there?!?! It was getting interesting!!!

Feb 22, 2012 7:47 AM

Nov 2009
Lol @ Sasuke's face when he saw Itachi XD

He was all like "WTFOMGFFFFFFuuuuuuu"

And Itachi was all like "Thats right bitch"
Feb 22, 2012 8:41 AM

May 2010
Consumed said:
Lol @ Sasuke's face when he saw Itachi XD

He was all like "WTFOMGFFFFFFuuuuuuu"

And Itachi was all like "Thats right bitch"

XDXDXD I agree he literally sh*t his pants
Feb 22, 2012 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
I was waiting for a chapter like this. I knew madara was stronger than each of the the five kage but i never thought he would own them all together like that, also the first hokage has been the stronger ninja ever after rikudou and itachi and sasuke would TALK not fight
Feb 22, 2012 9:17 AM

Nov 2009
Extreme3708 said:
I was waiting for a chapter like this. I knew madara was stronger than each of the the five kage but i never thought he would own them all together like that, also the first hokage has been the stronger ninja ever after rikudou and itachi and sasuke would TALK not fight

Yea, that was rather anticlimactic to see them go down like that. Madara is one of those villains you can't dislike, because he's so friggin strong lol. Reminds me of Kid Buu.
Feb 22, 2012 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was kinda of boring :/
Feb 22, 2012 10:04 AM

May 2008
Wow, so much happened in this chapter! I hope Kishi'll give us some Itachi and Sasuke next time and doesn't let me hanging on this cliffanger for another week!
Feb 22, 2012 10:25 AM
Dec 2011
decent chapter. liked the flashback surprisingly; it should foretell his demise as well as his final triumph. i also appreciated the ending when sasuke and itachi locked eyes. i want to see what they talk about!

4/5
Feb 22, 2012 11:28 AM

Mar 2011
x5exotic said:
The stone that's up on the pedestal is indistinguishable from all the others. If they represent the people of Iwagakure then that's a pretty interesting message.

I don't see what this has to do with "the will inside you", however.
Feb 22, 2012 11:38 AM

May 2010
Pretty boring chapter, little Tsuchikage is the ugliest kid I ever saw in anime I guess xD
But last two pages, mmm >w< I hope that Kishi won't put Naruto in the next chapter, and he will focus at Sasuke (I loved his WTF face at the end XD) and Itachi meeting!
Feb 22, 2012 1:03 PM

Oct 2010
I bet all the Madara fanboys mad. 1st Hokage is stronger than Madara in all ways.
Feb 22, 2012 1:22 PM

Mar 2011
Finally! I was wondering what happened to the 5 kages vs Madara, Madara is very powerful and if could probably destroy the world if he wasn't careful. I keep thinking Oonoki will die at some point, if he does then sad but good because this war needs some deaths.

Sasuke meeting Itachi came sooner than I thought. I can't wait for Itachi's words of wisdom, I love him for that and hopefully Sasuke will actually listen. I don't think Sasuke has any reason to fight him again, especially now that he knows the truth about the Uchiha.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Feb 22, 2012 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
I don't get it. Madara knocked all 5 kages out with the pollen... then they all got back up?? Or did some time pass without Madara deciding to kill them while they were incapacitated?

Besides that, decent chapter. Don't really like Sasuke. I do wonder what Itachi would have to tell him though..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2012 2:52 PM

Feb 2011
Sasugay, looking for dick since the beginning of Naruto.
Feb 22, 2012 4:30 PM
Jan 2012
lucjan said:
Mangatream may have had better quality scans/translation/grammar... well, everything, but Mangazone is quite a big faster. I had heard Mangastream was obtaining chapters before they even hit the Japanese market. And here comes Mangazone, even faster XD Keep in mind, I read this at 7 (eastern time) this morning. That never happened with Mangastream.

Anyways, short chapter, but it was good. Apparently Hashirama was a demi-god in his time, and ninjas in the present can't compete with him, essentially, fucking up Kakashi's theory that the next generation will grow stronger than the last. And now that Hashirama's cells are apart of Madara's, Madara has taken Hashirama's demi-god status, and turned it into *takes off sunglasses* a three quarters-god status, YEAHHHHHH!! That aside, I'm looking forward to Itachi HOPEFFULY convincing Sasuke to stop acting like a fucking faggot!

Edit: Keep in mind that a lot of Kishimoto's pages are double spreads. He fits the normal amount of pages most Shounen manga do, but for some reason, uses double spreads to do so.

I sometimes read it on Tuesday. Mangastream is quite fast. Too bad, everything is being licensed and taken off.
Feb 22, 2012 6:48 PM
Nov 2007
call it: sasuke vs madara
Feb 22, 2012 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
crowslayer91 said:
call it: sasuke vs madara

I can also see this happeneing but i think it may be sasuke and naruto vs madara.
But just a uchiha sasuke vs madara would be an epic fight.
Feb 22, 2012 8:50 PM
Mar 2010
I'm I the only one having a hard time buying into the first's hype after we already saw him tag team with the second, and get fairly easily beaten by a way past his prime third?
Feb 22, 2012 9:48 PM

May 2010
If one of the kages don't die, I am going to be very upset.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 22, 2012 9:50 PM

May 2010
mundo said:
I'm I the only one having a hard time buying into the first's hype after we already saw him tag team with the second, and get fairly easily beaten by a way past his prime third?

1) Bodies used weren't good enough for the senju brothers to fully use all their techniques.

2) They couldn't fight on their own (or so i remembered), they were controlled
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 22, 2012 10:13 PM

Oct 2009
Confucius said:
mundo said:

1) Bodies used weren't good enough for the senju brothers to fully use all their techniques.

2) They couldn't fight on their own (or so i remembered), they were controlled

1) We have no idea on the quality of bodies Kaubuto and Orochimaru chose. Kishi hasn't even hinted that "quality" mattered.

2) So was Nagato, and Naruto remarked that he was quite a bit stronger than he was in the past.

The most sensible reason as to why the first two hokages were so weak is quite simple: Kishi hadn't planned this far, back then. I'm sure if Kishi knew what he was eventually going to do, detail by detail, from the day he started writing Naruto, the battle between the first two hokages and the third hokage would have been overwhelmingly different.

Feb 23, 2012 12:29 AM

Jan 2011
Count me Mad 13 pages of bullshit! just to tease us for the next chapter would had been happy if this was 17 pages at least.
Feb 23, 2012 1:28 AM
Sep 2011
Okay I think Sasuke seeing his brother alive is finally going to make Sasuke pass the point of no return. He was insane in the first place and now he sees his bro? lol this is going to be awesome. Seriously Naruto can beat Madara :) Naruto himself is like a God now!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Feb 23, 2012 4:46 AM
Sep 2011
I LOVED the Sasuke's WTF face xDD
Feb 23, 2012 5:15 AM

Jun 2008
PrometheusZero said:
or he will finaly go ape shit insane.

I thought we already were past that.
Feb 23, 2012 5:19 AM
Feb 2012
Well nice chapter, Madara just powned the 5 Kages lmao like it was nothing. There hopes are looking slim atm.

Sasuke finally saw Itachi at the end, I'm thinking they won't fight now so we get to see Itachi vs Kabuto? Well I can hope xD

I think whatever Suigetsu found might be to do with the Edo Tensei but just got to wait and see.

And no Naruto/Bee/Tobi, I was hoping there would be minor glimpse of them :)

At least we'll get to see 5 Kages in more action next chapter, I don't think they're going to go out this quick lol, seemed way to easy. Well till next week :)
Feb 23, 2012 7:18 AM

Jun 2008
I think people are reading to much into Kabuto's words. The first wasn't a demi-god or anything like that. Kabuto simply said that he was stronger than Madara because he won against Madara. Is that simple. We already knew he manage to win in that battle they had so what is all the big fuss you guys are making now?
As about his power resembling a fairy tale it's also nothing surprising. Madara was a big legend and The first was the one who beat him and was always his biggest rival in the fights they had before the Uchihas agreed to from Konoha with the Senju clan. Madara and him where both legendary even before they made Konoha. What's so surprising about the First Hogake having such a legendary status?
Why are you guys surprised right now or reading even more about KIabuto's words than what we already know?
Feb 23, 2012 7:55 AM

Jul 2009
katsu044 said:
Count me Mad 13 pages of bullshit! just to tease us for the next chapter would had been happy if this was 17 pages at least.

There was 17 pages...

And could we have our first kage death here? The flashback sort of hinted at it (if Naruto flashbacks of a non-main character told us in the past)
Feb 23, 2012 9:05 AM

Aug 2009
nanaki254 said:
katsu044 said:

There was 17 pages...

Cover pages and ending fancolorings dont count.

I do hope something significant will happen during the Sasuke and Itachi meeting. That Sasuke will actually change his priorities, not just continue on like nothing happened.

And i guess the flashback was about not giving up when things look hopeless...you know he could've used that when he fought that one edo tensei kage a few chapters back. And couldn't the flashback also be used to descripe the eternal illusion by Tobi?
"You see this rock? This is real peace. Now i'll throw it in the water. You'll never find it among the others. But this rock here is false peace. You see, it doesn't need to be real, just as you have the will to believe in it!"
Feb 23, 2012 11:26 AM
Dec 2010
lucjan said:
Confucius said:
mundo said:

orochimaru's summon was imperfect when he used it against the 3rd. also the body were most probably not theirs either, so i am guessing that made a difference too.
plus right now, its madara using 1st's powers. so its like a deadly combo of uchiha and senju blood lines.
that power was the one that shaped the present ninja world. so i suppose the power scaling of this fight is understandable.
Feb 23, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
Shinobinomi said:
nanaki254 said:
katsu044 said:

There was 17 pages...

Cover pages and ending fancolorings dont count.

Double pages do though. Learn to count.
Feb 23, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2011
nanaki254 said:
katsu044 said:

There was 17 pages...

And could we have our first kage death here? The flashback sort of hinted at it (if Naruto flashbacks of a non-main character told us in the past)

Double pages don't count seeing how half-assed they are anyway.

He will probably die but the problem is that Kishi is using his death to stall or something because he should've died 10 chapters ago. But he always thinks that giving every dying person a random tragic back story makes it a good thing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by removed-user »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.