Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 27, 2010 6:23 PM

Mar 2010
Rizzle said:
fai said:

Part I!Kakashi: Hmmmm, i'll use this water technique, trick opponent, then use this fire technique to....
PartII!Kakashi: Kamui!Kamui!Raigeki!Raigeki!Raigeki!pew!pew!Kamui!Raigeki. *

Part I Naruto: a combination of taijutsu, a clever use of basic ninja techniques, some nuke-moves, a lot of willpower.

PartII Naruto: RasenganRasenganRasenganRasenganRasengan! *reads a ero-book to enemy* please forfeit hatred for i am messiah~

PartI Sakura: genjutsu detection, more brain-power, trickery, resisting stuff.

PartIISakura: superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!Heal!*gets sidelined*

...getsuga fucking tenshou fails get stabbed in the chest, then his Hollow poweerup and breaks out both him and his opponent are both half-dead then the climax.
Fix'd and it happens virtually every FUCKIN fight.
Also the Captain No matter the circumstance never activate your Bankai unless it has a glaring flaw that the enemy can exploit unless your fighting in Hueco Mundo.
KantonKageXNov 27, 2010 6:39 PM
Nov 27, 2010 6:38 PM

Sep 2009
Rizzle said:
fai said:

Part I!Kakashi: Hmmmm, i'll use this water technique, trick opponent, then use this fire technique to....
PartII!Kakashi: Kamui!Kamui!Raigeki!Raigeki!Raigeki!pew!pew!Kamui!Raigeki. *

Part I Naruto: a combination of taijutsu, a clever use of basic ninja techniques, some nuke-moves, a lot of willpower.

PartII Naruto: RasenganRasenganRasenganRasenganRasengan! *reads a ero-book to enemy* please forfeit hatred for i am messiah~

PartI Sakura: genjutsu detection, more brain-power, trickery, resisting stuff.

PartIISakura: superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!Heal!*gets sidelined*

...getsuga fucking tenshou.

OMG its the REAL !!!! getsuga Fucking tenshou......

.......Aizen still standing ........

Ichigo : awwww fuk .....
Nov 27, 2010 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
for truth

Deidara had no excuse for the ass whipping he got besides that horrible weakness to lightning element based techniques. But Sasori was clearly exposed. Oh well, they've had plenty of entertaining battles and screentime. I'm glad to see the new generation stand up and kick ass. Just don't let that happen to all the participants. I'm expecting beasts like Hanzou to draw lots of blood.

Overall, good basic ass kicking ninja action. What I loved about the series to begin with.
Nov 27, 2010 10:08 PM

Jul 2008
People that bring up Bleach in an argument against Fai are lame.
It's one of the weakest form of argumentation ever, if not the worst. He stated his point and all you are doing is evading them.
Whatever he thinks of anything else do not change the point he made, pointing out that he hate something in Naruto that is present in something he likes (Bleach) do not make your point vallid, on the opposite it show that you have nothing to say against what he said and it makes you look like a fanboy being butthurt over his comments.
Nov 27, 2010 10:56 PM

Apr 2009
Conqueringgodess said:
It's one of the weakest form of argumentation ever, if not the worst. He stated his point and all you are doing is evading them.
Whatever he thinks of anything else do not change the point he made, pointing out that he hate something in Naruto that is present in something he likes (Bleach) do not make your point vallid, on the opposite it show that you have nothing to say against what he said and it makes you look like a fanboy being butthurt over his comments.

Actually, they point it out to show that his dislike isn't intellectual. He dislikes it when it happens in Naruto, but loves it when it happens in Bleach, showing that what he actually dislikes isn't what is objectively happening, but the fact that it happens to be Naruto. Meaning there's actually nothing wrong with whatever is happening, invalidating his point as he makes it. It's almost like hypocrisy. If someone else were to make it, and hated it happening in both Naruto and Bleach and everywhere else, it would be valid.
Nov 27, 2010 11:20 PM

Jul 2009
Conqueringgodess said:

Assuming I'm included in the group you're addressing, I'll respond.

I could have said that in Part 1 of Naruto, the world was still being established and that a variety of jutsu needed to be used to draw the reader into the story and give them a better understanding of how jutsu work. And that once we got to Part 2, characters had found their own niche in which to specialize, each finding a unique area in which they excelled and therefore stuck to.

However, this is not what I really believe, and I wasn't trying to defend the deterioration of the characters' fighting style. I was merely pointing out that Fai often always seems to point out Naruto's flaws, and ignore those same flaws in Bleach, for reasons I have yet to fathom. I find this point to be very relevant, and see no reason not to bring it up. We're talking about a bunch of competing shounen anime that have many of the same themes, character types, and fans; overlap and comparisons are inevitable. I'm just saying that a little unbiased commentary and objectivity would be nice, since he seems intelligent enough. That was the point of my post, ok?

Naruto dances between 5-7 out of 10 on my list, so I would hardly call myself a big fan. Just because I don't drop to my knees every time he posts, doesn't make me a fanboy/girl. Nice try though.
Nov 28, 2010 3:28 AM

Jul 2007
Rizzle said:

...getsuga fucking tenshou.

Did you just compare a manga whose entire premise, world and lore is built around flexing muscles and warping reality with ones own willpower to a manga based around ninjas doing missions and suriving in medieval japan?

wat is this i don't even.

Seriously, its two different manga with different ideas and different styles. Thats like bashing JO JO's Bizzare Adventure because of its ridiculous feats of random epic happenings and comparing it to let's say, Death Note or Present.

Or let's compare Vinland Saga and Berserk and complain that there are no supernatural creatures in Vinland Saga.

Or lets compare Biomega and Dragon Ball and claim that one of them is pure shitte because the world is too dark/light.

I expect different things from both Bleach and Naruto, so far bleach, even with its pacing problems, delivers what I expect from it(not to mention that every damn character in Bleach, including superchunky, currently is more likable than the entire main cast of naruto), while Naruto is utterly failing at doing anything productive.

I dread the idea of Naruto doing some god jeesus stuff in Naruto and everyone fighting in two sides of hatred and peace, however I can't wait for Ichigo to start splitting the universe in half with his sword swings and for the good cast to start punching out cthulhu.

Can you guess why? Yep!~ Because those manga were different from each other from the beginning. Naruto was more gvrounded in strategies, realism and intricate world atmosphere(at least up until the end of part I and Bleach was all about throwing telephone poles at monsters who want to eat a parrot.
AhenshihaelNov 28, 2010 3:37 AM
Nov 28, 2010 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
Rizzle said:
I could have said that in Part 1 of Naruto, the world was still being established and that a variety of jutsu needed to be used to draw the reader into the story and give them a better understanding of how jutsu work. And that once we got to Part 2, characters had found their own niche in which to specialize, each finding a unique area in which they excelled and therefore stuck to.

Exaclty, I wonder if people would complain when Neji appears and say "zomg, he's just using taijutsu, what a noob spammer! LOL!" There was complaining in part 2 when Minato used his jutsu and Madara phased in and out. So, where was this in part 1? Was everyone in awe back then but seeing as it was done in that one battle it's now uncool?

Fai said:

He is now hyperventilating about sasuke, and talking about dieing together with him. How is that even remotely close to the goal? He actually grew up, overcome with those emotion things (ew people actually put them in manga? why yes, yes they do.) Said he'd kill Sasuke even at the cost of his own life if he tried to go near Konoha. Bromance? No, same sacrifice Minato made for his village.

Part I!Kakashi: Countless techniques
PartII!Kakashi: A mix of his staple techniques and sharingan, disappointing really.

Part I Naruto: shadow clone spam.

PartII Naruto: Rasengan, using shadow clone in conjunction with rasengan to actually hit.

PartI Sakura: Girl who resisted genjutsu twice, useless fodder.

PartIISakura: Actually learns skills and isn't such a twat (minus one idiot move to try and take on Sasuke), still pretty useless.

Kages in part I - We saw one, the badass who lost to orochimaru, and another who was assassinated by said pedo, but still: they were leaders, those who led their villages the best they could, not just uber powerful nazis, but actual leaders.

Kages in partI: Different generals with different abilities, still nothing substantial as of yet, but there's time. Still leaders, Tsunade used her energy to heal her village nearly at the cost of her own life, Gaara sacrificed himself to stop Deidara from blowing up his village: leaders who protect and lead their villages, not just gimps with millions of techniques.

Minato in Part I: The one time leader who sacrificed himself for the sake of his village.

Minato in PartII: The same guy but: a family man, the father, the leader. Putting his village before all else.

Kyuubi attack in Part I: Wiped out a huge amount of the village, stopped by the sacrifice of Minato.

Kyuubi attack in part II: Ironically still wiped out a huge amount of the village, but wasn't so much as a natural disaster but a disaster that was unleashed by the villain.

Naruto hasn't changed all that much, sure people have to get stronger and a tad more unrealistic (but really, realism in a world where you can create water out of nowhere and make a water dragon? Part 1, as well. Cool beans.), because the kids we were following were genin the kids with a few kunai and dogs.
Just look at this chapter, they used tactics to trap and get rid of a few zombie fodder, but it's no good because they're zombies and pure fanservice.
WhichOneIsKirkNov 28, 2010 6:21 AM
Nov 28, 2010 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
Conqueringgodess said:
he hate something in Naruto that is present in something he likes (Bleach) do not make your point vallid.

LoL....
Nov 28, 2010 9:42 PM

May 2009
the art was excellently drawn in this chapter, thumbs up for that. And sure Kankurou may seem overpowered here, but maybe there is a reason why the Akatsuki and perhaps all the other resurrected ninjas won't be as strong as they were alive. I mean, bodies usually works better alive than zombielike.
Nov 28, 2010 10:17 PM

Jul 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:
Conqueringgodess said:
he hate something in Naruto that is present in something he likes (Bleach) do not make your point vallid.

LoL....

For your information, making the opponent's argument invalid does not make yours valid.
Nov 29, 2010 1:35 AM

Jul 2010
Conqueringgodess said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
Conqueringgodess said:

LoL....

For your information, making the opponent's argument invalid does not make yours valid.

Actually it is valid. in terms of debate conditions to prove your opponent wrong and make him realize that its hypocrisy to call one thing bad when the same thing is great in other series. that's how a debate discussion work.

second. his most of points are already invalid and i can prove that with actual argument but i already saw his useless long discussions with other peoples. its pointless to write a long post and in return i will get what he think is right. for example.. minato is spamming rasingan. now you call this a valid argument? i mean WTH. Minato was the original creator of rasingon and he appear only one time in actual fight (part II) and he is not allowed to use rasingan because we already saw that many times from naruto.

So haters gonna hate no matter what kishi do or what i try to prove here. that's how it is. :) sure if someone is not a troller but think that something is not right there or its a plot hole. i will agree with her/him or i will make a serious argument to make my point valid.
Han-yuuNov 29, 2010 1:38 AM
Dec 1, 2010 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
To be honest I had forgoten Sai exists... lol
there's to much characters in this series to remember. And then the explained about 'root' again and I was like... Ahhhh... yeah that Sai.

I think the chapter could be even more touching, but I understand that it's to much characters with to much sidestories to deal with, so I don't think Kishimoto is gonna take a lot of time in secundary battles.

The thing about releasing somebody's soul... was to much cliqué. But it's ok to me.

EDIT:
Your disscusion about Naruto/Bleach amuses me xD
HelsicDec 1, 2010 6:26 AM
Dec 1, 2010 10:15 PM

Jun 2009
I'm happy that some of you remembered the picture book of Sai unlike from the previous chapter a lot was in rage about Sai's brother sudden appearance lol but that only means that they just forget the whole naruto world
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 5, 2010 7:03 AM

Mar 2009
Its cheesy but if thats how they die unfinished business etc that could be quite interesting and emotional.

Dec 5, 2010 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
Yay Sasori.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 10, 2018 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
Cool, Kankuro had Sasori's body puppet.
Angry Sai was cool too.
Apr 25, 2021 2:37 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Wow. That sai face was amazing

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 671 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2014

107 by cry4heals »»
Sep 12, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 89 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 10, 2012

5 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 28, 1:31 PM

» NARUTO creator Masashi Kishimoto teases a potential "New Manga"

deg - Aug 26

8 by shreddedsnake »»
Aug 28, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 86 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

7 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 43 Discussion

jeanfarias - Mar 20, 2012

9 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 22, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.