Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2009 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, I've been waiting for it! Two Syaorans Fight #2!!

The music when it was also shown at the end of Part 1 was creepy (I think it's new).

Wow, so many new music!

But I do feel like they are reusing the actions in some parts. (kind of like Deja vu feeling)

They even showed
part!!

At least there's some part of Celes and INFINITY shown:
KinetaDec 1, 2012 4:15 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 16, 2009 1:00 AM

Jul 2007
So this caprice finally ended.

Now we can happily wait for Infinity/Celes :3
May 16, 2009 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
WOW. The Syaoran VS Syaoran scenes (OMGSYAORANOMG *drools*) seriously gave me the chills. Must be the background music...

All in all, this episode was great! At least it made up for the losses of the first. Somehow.

Mou, I demand a 3rd season, dammit!
gumdrophopMay 16, 2009 2:50 AM
May 16, 2009 7:12 AM

Mar 2008
The animation of the fight was wonderfull, I really loved this episode (now I want moar!!)
May 16, 2009 8:09 AM

Nov 2007
I came in buckets at this episode
May 17, 2009 9:49 PM

Dec 2008
i think that celes and infinity are so much wonderful worlds than nihon, i wanted to see the usagi san [referee] and watch hikaru again [with the new design], demo fuuma and seishirou aren´t so bad at all, i taught shunraiki could be 3 ovas just like tokyo revelations, well isn´t bad at all, but the real question in this it´s is gonna be a last ova? and a new ova with the name fye´s past xD
May 17, 2009 10:58 PM

Jan 2008
@wabowser -- I don't think this will be the last ova but since the manga's coming to an end I think after a year or smth they might make another ova which will cover the final arc -- tho those are just my predictions :]
anyways, awesome fight scene~ the music made it even better Д_Д overall I liked this episode a lot, even more than the first one :]
We're all insane
May 18, 2009 12:35 AM

Jan 2009
this episode was splendid ^-^
i can't even describe it @.@
Syaorans fight surpassed all my expectations. It was greaty.
May 18, 2009 6:07 AM

Aug 2007
this was a really good OVA, but they didnt talk about how was the clonation of Sakura.
May 18, 2009 7:27 AM

Dec 2008
Holy crap that was way better than the first episode.

So many "epic" moments and hidden deeper meanings behind so many things. I loved the flashbacks of

and I was REALLY surprised when

I cried just as much as I did when I read the manga (maybe even more) during

Generally very impressed with how much they fit into this episode, if there was an extra one or two episodes, they can actually catch up to where the manga is right now
May 18, 2009 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
there needs to be an OVA of the final arc
May 19, 2009 12:01 AM

Sep 2008
I haven't caught up with the manga yet and some parts left me confused.

Anyone kind enough to explain? ^_^;
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
May 19, 2009 12:41 AM

Jul 2007
rlime, I've read it up quite a bit, though the more recent chapters are twisting everything awry, so I might be a little off.btw, I think I went off in a tangent, so best just to read the manga since it has so many plot twists to unravel the beginning of the plot it hurts my head.

May 19, 2009 1:18 AM
Jun 2008
I enjoyed it, just I really want a season 3 or continuation now! or I could read the manga.
May 19, 2009 1:42 AM

Dec 2007
shocked. just 2 words - "loved it" ^_^
May 19, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
Miertje86 said:
The animation of the fight was wonderfull, I really loved this episode (now I want moar!!)

Same here. Is it me or the fight in this series always so little only?
May 19, 2009 4:57 AM

Dec 2008
FracturedMemory said:
rlime, I've read it up quite a bit, though the more recent chapters are twisting everything awry, so I might be a little off.btw, I think I went off in a tangent, so best just to read the manga since it has so many plot twists to unravel the beginning of the plot it hurts my head.

Pretty good explanation except:

andrewsch5658 said:
Miertje86 said:

I think they are just trying to fit a lot of the plot in XD Personally, I thought it was done beautifully

And maybe it seems short because it's just dragged on in the manga? Hahahaa it's not like DBZ where we'll get endless pointless fighting
robbydesuMay 19, 2009 5:02 AM
May 19, 2009 6:20 AM

Jan 2008
I can describe this episode (or even both) with 2 words:
Pure pr0ness.
May 19, 2009 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:

andrewsch5658 said:
Miertje86 said:

I think they are just trying to fit a lot of the plot in XD Personally, I thought it was done beautifully

And maybe it seems short because it's just dragged on in the manga? Hahahaa it's not like DBZ where we'll get endless pointless fighting

I see. Thanks.
May 19, 2009 10:18 AM

Feb 2009
Wow that was great!! Im so confused though...I need to read the manga >x< im only on volume 3 XD.. But i've seen all the episodes of the manga and the ova's
May 19, 2009 10:36 AM

Feb 2009
I loved it, it was so beautiful :)

We saw a bit of Sakura by the Reservoir too. ^^ And the fight scenes were breathtaking.

Slowly Tsubasa's starting to make sense to me ^_^;
May 19, 2009 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
Snowflakes said:

We saw a bit of Sakura by the Reservoir too. ^^ And the fight scenes were breathtaking.

May 19, 2009 11:21 AM

Feb 2009
robbydesu said:
Snowflakes said:

ok so I have a question..i'll just put a spoiler tag just in case:
May 19, 2009 11:32 AM

Dec 2008
EuphoricField said:
robbydesu said:
Snowflakes said:

I hope that helps!
May 19, 2009 12:17 PM

Feb 2009
robbydesu said:
EuphoricField said:
robbydesu said:
Snowflakes said:

I hope that helps!

thank you so much!!! that def helped alot XD!!!
May 19, 2009 2:23 PM

Oct 2007
enjoyed it and great fight aswell!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2009 6:29 PM

Sep 2008
just becaus of this im going 2 read the manga
this ova was just great revelations is not even close
still im surprised about their magic,,,blu eye syaoran has clow reed magic while brown eye syaoran has inherited syaoran family magic(since he is li syaoran and kinomoto sakura´s son)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 19, 2009 6:36 PM

Apr 2007
That was boring. Though I did like the part where clone Syaoran stabbed clone Sakura.
lol this series can be so confusing. Now animate Celes already T__T
May 19, 2009 8:38 PM

Dec 2008
Zero_r2 said:
just becaus of this im going 2 read the manga
this ova was just great revelations is not even close
still im surprised about their magic,,,blu eye syaoran has clow reed magic while brown eye syaoran has inherited syaoran family magic(since he is li syaoran and kinomoto sakura´s son)
Kudos to you for reading the manga!! Blue eye C!Syaoran doesn't have Clow Reed's magic though, it's more like R!Syaoran who does :P C!Syaoran has half of Fai's magic
May 20, 2009 9:43 AM

Jan 2009
Have a few minor question regaarding this episode that I just notice.

Is the feather inside R !Shaoran the feather that he retrieve from Seishirou in the previous episode? Is Seishirou good guy or bad guy? Also, is it clow country that they are going the final arc for this series,meaning rescue Sakura?(hope you guys/gals can understand what I'm trying to ask, not really good at my english)
May 20, 2009 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
andrewsch5658 said:

Is the feather inside R !Shaoran the feather that he retrieve from Seishirou in the previous episode? Is Seishirou good guy or bad guy? Also, is it clow country that they are going the final arc for this series,meaning rescue Sakura?(hope you guys/gals can understand what I'm trying to ask, not really good at my english)
Yeap the feather is from the previouus episode. It really depends on your perspective on Seishirou, he was C!Syaoran's teacher when he was younger, but as you saw from the previous episode, he also took Sakura's feather :P

We don't know yet about the final arc for sure, currently in the manga we are still in Clow Country...so the OVAs did a very good job at cramming in info in the last episode. But from the looks of the events and such, it is most likely that Clow Country is the final arc....but CLAMP can always surprise us XD
May 20, 2009 10:20 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
andrewsch5658 said:

Yeap the feather is from the previouus episode. It really depends on your perspective on Seishirou, he was C!Syaoran's teacher when he was younger, but as you saw from the previous episode, he also took Sakura's feather :P

We don't know yet about the final arc for sure, currently in the manga we are still in Clow Country...so the OVAs did a very good job at cramming in info in the last episode. But from the looks of the events and such, it is most likely that Clow Country is the final arc....but CLAMP can always surprise us XD

I see. Looks like Seishirou is one mysterious guy afterall.:P Thank you once again.:D
I'm actually quite interested in the Celes and Infinity arc as you guys/gals spoke of due to those flashback and confusion from these 2 OVA/OAVs episodes.
May 21, 2009 2:00 AM

Nov 2007
Absolutely loved this <3

Syaoran vs Syaoran, the flashback to Clow Country, Kurogane's real name...
It's so great to see all this animated.

Now, Celes and Infinity please.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 21, 2009 8:29 AM

Mar 2008
Man all this cloning leaves me with a headache. But still it was a really impressive episode and full of surprises. I seriously did not expect Sakura to be a clone herself. Though it is worrying with the information about the real body of Sakura being gone after the clone was made. Though they do have a replacement body right there with no soul so things could work out.

A rough day for Syaoran though. I mean first he has to fight Seishirou and then his clone. He might have had a better shot in that second fight if he didn't have injuries from the first one weighing him down. I just don't get Seishirou. He took things that far just because he was interested?

I liked the moment between Kurogane and Tomoyo. They just have a really nice bond. He's definitely leaving this time in a better state than when she sent him off before. Kurogane has a great sword so he'll be a force to be reckoned with when the time comes.

Just really enjoyed watching this.
May 21, 2009 6:24 PM
Nov 2008
Good OVAs. I too was confused wut the heck was going on, cause I watched the anime only. So C Sakura is dead for ever? damn that means C Syaoran will die too right? This series is really messed up lol.
May 21, 2009 6:45 PM

Dec 2008
Akumakage said:
Good OVAs. I too was confused wut the heck was going on, cause I watched the anime only. So C Sakura is dead for ever? damn that means C Syaoran will die too right? This series is really messed up lol.
Really should read the manga, it's so good~ the anime doesn't do much justice.. especially with 2nd season where more than half of the episodes are all made up
May 21, 2009 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
Very good!!! A 3rd Season is unlikely. But it would adore more OVAs!
May 22, 2009 5:40 AM

Aug 2007
You really do need to read the manga. I was confused at first when I saw the first episode, but after catching up before seeing this everything really does make sense. I still want to see Infinity arc though, but seeing both Syaorans fight was worth it.
DivineTrinityMay 22, 2009 5:43 AM
May 22, 2009 5:27 PM

May 2007
Akumakage said:

Yeah, only downside with these OVAs is that they pretty much only reward the manga reader in terms of the story.

But for us manga readers, episode was done fucking brilliantly.
May 22, 2009 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
vindemon64 said:
Well said!! <3 ~
May 22, 2009 6:49 PM

Feb 2008
quick question, which chapter does ep 2 end at? i want to watch this as soon as i finish the manga chapters. I know it starts at chapter 167 (courtesy of Fai) but where does it end off at?
May 22, 2009 6:53 PM

May 2007
Orange-kun said:
quick question, which chapter does ep 2 end at? i want to watch this as soon as i finish the manga chapters. I know it starts at chapter 167 (courtesy of Fai) but where does it end off at?

Chapter 182.
May 22, 2009 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
Very impressive episode. Really loved the fight between the two Syaoran's, and I thought it was pulled together really well at the end.

Seeing this, though, I know I really need to catch up with the manga (now that school's over).

Anyway, lurrrved it. <3 I watched it raw so
May 24, 2009 5:29 AM

Feb 2009
It`s really great anime! 10/10
Аккаунты: rutracker || fansubs || World-Art
May 24, 2009 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
vindemon64 said:
Yeah, only downside with these OVAs is that they pretty much only reward the manga reader in terms of the story.

exactly my thoughts.
May 25, 2009 1:33 AM

Oct 2007
robbydesu said:
vindemon64 said:
Well said!! <3 ~

Hell yeah. I would like to see Clow Country to be animated too as a long series of OVA or OADs.
May 25, 2009 10:40 AM

Feb 2008
wooo boy, that was pretty intense. a 10/10 for me if not for the manga's own faults with the story.
May 28, 2009 7:05 AM
Apr 2008
State_Of_Despair said:
robbydesu said:
vindemon64 said:
Well said!! <3 ~

Hell yeah. I would like to see Clow Country to be animated too as a long series of OVA or OADs.

Me too. I was wishing they could reach the final stage (Clow) but looks like there's no chance for that YET.
May 28, 2009 10:57 PM

Mar 2008
It wasn't terrible, it wasn't bad but it wasn't anything spactacular. Everything Tokyo accomplished was already done there weren't a great deal of new surprises or any relevant information in this. It really was just a big carrot for the manga readers and a slap in the face to those who only follow the anime.

I'm not a big manga reader, even I haven't gotten very far into the Tsubasa manga (only through where season 1 and 2 covered) but naturally when I watch a manga adaption I should expect a degree of understand w/o having to pick up the book.

The story was fairly disjointed. That's why I actually get sketchy about the original authors doing the adapted work. While Okawa is a great writer she really. Too many flashbacks to scenes we haven't seen and likely never will. (Excluding childhood of course).

It's really quite disappointing, seeing as Production I.G's motto is to make anime that stands out on it's own and not just an extension of the manga."

I didn't like the direction of this, the constant cutting into pointless exposition right in the middle of action. The opening animation is so....Odd. It feels so out of place for this story all together.

Good? The action scenes were well crafted and animated. Especially the fight in part 2. (Studio Ghibli actually did in-between work which is awsome ^^). The overall animation flow is really good but I don't care much for the character designs. They actually used more variety of the music. I don't recall them using much in Tokyo at all. I guess Yuki is quite tied up in other projects that she can't write a great amount right now so this time it seems more justifiable with the lack of new music. The closing theme is really good, glad to hear old FJY again!

Once the manga series concludes I'll probably pick it up again to finish it. That or I want CLAMP to make a full-length movie to wrap it up. They did that with Cardcaptor Sakura, they should with Tsubasa.
ShadowBlazer3000May 28, 2009 11:02 PM
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
May 29, 2009 3:20 AM

Apr 2008
woo~ great episode =D wonder wat will be the next series to this o_o

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Shunraiki ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 21, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:00 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Spring Thunder Chronicles Episode 2

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:39 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: Shunraiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abandonedaccount - Mar 17, 2009

91 by Skydis »»
Jan 11, 2023 8:18 PM

» What to whatch

Superstes - May 8, 2020

1 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Nov 16, 2021 2:28 AM

» Story status of OVA

the_seventh_l - Oct 25, 2008

29 by Alpha_99 »»
Mar 15, 2018 12:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.