Forum Settings
Forums
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2009 3:01 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Omg, Zero is so smart.

"Becoming a king, my ass!" - Zero
<3

Wtf, Giant steal ball. o.o
DarkiiMay 9, 2009 3:07 AM
May 9, 2009 5:11 AM

Aug 2008
Woot, it's freaking awesome. Can't wait, can't wait >D:
Jun 15, 2009 2:56 AM
Apr 2009
I love this stuff. Wonder how Zero gets out of this one.
Sep 7, 2020 6:45 AM

Jun 2016
Although this initially seemed incredibly similar to the Espoir, it certainly has a different end goal. If true, Zaizen wants to find the best of the best to gamble with the wealthiest people in the world for him. I wonder if offering them such a small sum of money in the grand scheme of things was the first test, he didn't want dogs who froth at the mouth over 1 trillion alone, and it made a point to focus on Zero and long hair. It showed that those two have steady heads. There was also focus on Mitsuru ever since the last chapter. He decided to respect Zero and die instead of blaming him. Now he has survived a knife wound and been called lucky, and showed a selfless and composed head on his shoulders. I take it that's setting us up to give these three boys some major importance.

It's quite fitting that this started by suggesting those who have died once can face death again because that's exactly what's happening in the most extreme way possible. I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I saw the maniacal smile of the speaker as he stated the rubber balls have been replaced with steel balls, and then it showed everybody shocked. It's so zany and cartoonish! I love it, so much fun.

As for the first test, it is quite powerful. Taking it at face value, you are forcing only the most gutsy people, those willing to risk their lives on a 1/6 chance, and have damn good luck at that to continue. It's weeding out the greats from the losers in the most extreme way imaginable. However, despite Fukumoto's love of tangible luck, I assume there is a logical trick to this. Otherwise we wouldn't see the die roll one twice.

The first thought is that it is rigged to always roll one, or otherwise it's a test of guts and a bluff. But I think that is far too easy so I'm looking forward to what the brainiac Zero figures out.
Nov 11, 2022 4:40 PM

Aug 2016
I cant be the only one who found the steel ball reveal hilarious
MichaelJacksonNov 18, 2022 4:48 PM
:v

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Chapter 42 Discussion

Static - May 31, 2009

3 by MichaelJackson »»
Nov 21, 2022 3:43 PM

Poll: » Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Chapter 70 Discussion

Torisunanohokori - Jun 30, 2009

25 by Ashhk »»
Dec 22, 2020 6:48 PM

Poll: » Tobaku Haouden Zero Chapter 69 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 15, 2020

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 15, 2020 1:13 PM

Poll: » Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Chapter 68 Discussion

Torisunanohokori - Jun 15, 2009

6 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 15, 2020 1:05 PM

Poll: » Tobaku Haouden Zero Chapter 67 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 15, 2020

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Sep 15, 2020 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.