Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 24, 2009 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This arc was as good as any Bleach arc has ever been. Too bad it's over. It may be a long time before they fill in the time between the end of this arc and when the Vaizard first hook up with Ichigo.
Mar 24, 2009 6:18 PM

Sep 2007
The end of the Pendulum arc... and enter random fail filler episodes. The Vaizard probably just hung around Karakura town honing their hollow powers until Aizen finally made his move to betray SS 100 years later.
Mar 24, 2009 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
I'm looking forward to the Vizards kicking ass, that last scene of them in the episode was pure bad ass >:]
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Mar 24, 2009 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
Nymphetamine2791 said:
I'm looking forward to the Vizards kicking ass, that last scene of them in the episode was pure bad ass >:]

QFT.

Speaking of badasses, how quality was Tessai in this episode!? Amazing.

Shame we got fillers rolling in next, I really wanna see the upcoming battles, especially as the Vizards are "rolling out" XD.
Mar 24, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Kirky said:
Nymphetamine2791 said:

QFT.

Speaking of badasses, how quality was Tessai in this episode!? Amazing.

Shame we got fillers rolling in next, I really wanna see the upcoming battles, especially as the Vizards are "rolling out" XD.

Exactly my thoughts you two! :)

And on a side-note: because i know i can't stand the upcoming fillers i will start to read the manga where this episode left off due to being more than curious how things continue ^_^
Mar 24, 2009 7:38 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, great episode Lol
Who knew Tessai was so powerful lol
Really sucks that this arc is ending, I so want to watch more
am I the only one that wants to watch more of this arc? Lol =P
Mar 24, 2009 7:55 PM

Jul 2008
Nymphetamine2791 said:

Be prepared to wait a while unless they show up in the filler. And I mean a while. Anyhoo, good end to what's probably my favorite Bleach arc. Hopefully we can have decently paced episodes once we get back to canon Bleach. If it's paced like the manga I'm going to RAGE.

AScY said:
And on a side-note: because i know i can't stand the upcoming fillers i will start to read the manga where this episode left off due to being more than curious how things continue ^_^

Don't expect much. Just a fair warning.

Oh, also I forgot. Don't we get new themes next week? I know one is a Stereopony/YUI collaboration so needless to say I'm pretty stoked >.>
BakayaroMar 24, 2009 8:03 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 24, 2009 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
tessai is awesome!!! not only in the strength of his spells, but the vast amounts he knows; then yoruichi shows up and help saves the day, that was pretty cool
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 24, 2009 8:34 PM
Mar 2008
That was epic. Need I say more?
Mar 24, 2009 8:34 PM

Aug 2008
So basically, Kiesuke's been preparing 100 years for all this shit to go down? This endgame better be spectacular, otherwise, everything will just seem anticlimactic compared to this arc.
Mar 24, 2009 8:45 PM

Sep 2007
Man, that arc was amazing. I'm really glad that they put things in a new perspective. The ending was getting me jacked up for the next episode, and then I remembered we're entering fillers. Ho hum.
Mar 24, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode!!
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Mar 24, 2009 10:09 PM

Oct 2008
Wow this episode was great
This episode was made of win, while the next one looks like its full of fail
such a shame the arc was so short...
I'm so god damn looking forward to the end of the fillers
Mar 25, 2009 12:08 AM

Jan 2009
Excellent episode. Can't wait to see Aizen in a fight with full power.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2009 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
If there was one thing to thank Aizen for, its taking out the Central 46. Those guys were nothing but absolute idiots.

If none of you are caught up with the manga, then be prepared for a long wait...even when the anime goes back to canon material.
Mar 25, 2009 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
vaizards are so gonna own lol.
Mar 25, 2009 2:20 AM

May 2007
So Kisuke had already figured out what Aizen would do 100 years later, eh? Not bad. I guess I'll just scrap the fillers and get on reading the manga. Anybody wanna tell me which chapter does pendulum arc end?
Mar 25, 2009 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
The best epidode in over 100 or so episodes, Tessai is a pimp. Oh, and the preview for the next episode looks cool, I'm sure looking forward to it.
Mar 25, 2009 3:25 AM
Jan 2009
Woah what a amazing episode. This part is even better than the manga XD
Mar 25, 2009 3:29 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome episode. Reasons:
1. Top quality animation
2. Tessai Rocks,too bad Aizen even rock.:P
3. knows something about the hougyoku a bit.
4. Yoruichi save the day
5. Urahara
6. The Vaizard Rocks at the end of the episode.xD

WolfWood37 said:
If there was one thing to thank Aizen for, its taking out the Central 46. Those guys were nothing but absolute idiots.

Yes,that's true. Completely agreed with you. Those stupid idiot Central 46 which I hated so much,always so stupid,Central 46,easy to fool them. Good job there Aizen for killing them.
Mar 25, 2009 3:34 AM

Nov 2008
andrewsch5658 said:
1. Top quality animation
4. Yoruichi save the day
5. Urahara

WolfWood37 said:

Yes,that's true. Completely agreed with you. Those stupid idiot Central 46 which I hated so much,always so stupid,Central 46,easy to fool them. Good job there Aizen for killing them.

Maybe not idiots. I thought it was really great how strict they were; Kubo shown a dark side of Soul Society in this arc. I had a similar feeling about the Nest of Maggots.

Oh, what a fantastic episode. Too bad the quality of manga drops... the same will happen with the anime.
Mar 25, 2009 3:37 AM
Mar 2009
i would like 2 see more on fightin....
can't wait 2 see kurosaki vs. ulqiurra
Mar 25, 2009 3:49 AM

Jul 2008
Surely Kisuke should get the death penalty or something for his crimes... according to Central Room 46 he basically killed nine people, all captains and vice captains, so I can't help thinking they were a little lax on his punishment.

Absolutely loved this arc, and I'm glad I never read the manga past this point. It was all so fresh to me. Tessai was so badass in this episode as well, and I love the sound effects they produce for all the spells and stuff. I thought the sound a cero made was awesome but that spell Tessai performed was next level! Bleach at it's very best once again! Shame about the fillers though.
ToukaMar 25, 2009 3:54 AM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 25, 2009 5:30 AM

Mar 2008
Touka said:
Surely Kisuke should get the death penalty or something for his crimes... according to Central Room 46 he basically killed nine people, all captains and vice captains, so I can't help thinking they were a little lax on his punishment.

No that wouldn't be smart because if they kill him he wil be reborn on the earth and in a 100 years he would be back in SS so if they take away his power and banich him to earth he would never be able to return

and the episode was great the 25 min felt like 10 min ^_^
Mar 25, 2009 5:59 AM

Nov 2008
kiisuke_89 said:
i would like 2 see more on fightin....
can't wait 2 see kurosaki vs. ulqiurra

Wait, wait, don't spoil the fun.

It's rather the big winter battle we're waiting for, isn't it?
Mar 25, 2009 6:04 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode - haven't said that about a Bleach episode in a long while XD shame its ending and heading back to more fillers >.> but its expected since they are close to the manga storyline!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2009 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
andrewsch5658 said:
1. Top quality animation
4. Yoruichi save the day
5. Urahara

WolfWood37 said:

totally agree...
OMG!!! I Really love this arc.. XD
DIE AIZEN! DIE!!!!
... =_=

Mar 25, 2009 8:52 AM

May 2008
Tessai owns.
Never thought that he were so overpowered:P.

The last scene(Let's Roll!) pwns ass.
Mar 25, 2009 9:08 AM

Apr 2008
Darn man back to pendulum is over ! :( Still some unanswered questions, but lots of questions got answered this episode too, darn nice episode and arc with that, indeed on par with first Bleach arcs with the SS and rukia saving and aizen and everything

Hehehe not gonna quote everything, but indeed my thoughts.... stupid central 46 >_< Soul Society's law system has always been full of crap
Mar 25, 2009 9:25 AM

Oct 2008
My rating for this episode when I first started watching was an 8, then it became an 8.5, then finally became a 10/10 over the course of the episode. This is about as good as Bleach gets.

One of the very best episodes I've ever seen in the entire Bleach series. The timing, the pacing, the animation, the plot development, the sound effects, everything. Totally perfect. This is the way Bleach should be!

I felt so sad when I saw the preview for fillers coming up next week.

Why is Tousen so afraid of Aizen and yet so loyal to him at the same time? I wonder what could be the cause, especially since Tousen cut off Grimmjow's arm for Aizen's sake. Back in episode 122.
Mar 25, 2009 10:26 AM

Jan 2008
this was really a great arc! from the looks of it we will be going back to what was happening before that stupid soccer thing. and we will see the Vizards getting involved. XD i'm so excited. i hope they don't mess this up again and put another senseless arc where it shouldn't be.

Mar 25, 2009 10:55 AM

Jun 2008
So Kisuke planned all of this.
Mar 25, 2009 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
For those still wondering, this ended back at -97, which was followed by chapter 316. Only have about 35 chapters to read to catch up if you wanna. Shouldn't take more than an hour with the way it's paced...

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 25, 2009 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
that's why there are fillers on order not to catch up with the current pacing of the manga...

Mar 25, 2009 12:07 PM

Jun 2008
WolfWood37 said:

Now all he has to do is get rid of Yamamoto too and I'll be happy :D

It's a shame this arc is over. It's episodes like this one that make me love Bleach. And it's episodes like the one coming next week that makes me wonder why I bother >.<
Mar 25, 2009 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
I aboslutely loved this episode. It has me so intrigued! However as the anime is so close to the manga i shall not be fed the need to watch further episodes that relate to the story, whereas it looks like I shall be watching fillers from week to week. The whole part about thanking Aizen was probably for giving them the hollow powers, the only plot hole I have found is that how exactly did he turn them into hollows!? P.S the ending bit ROCKED!!!
Mar 25, 2009 1:19 PM

Feb 2009
myexodus said:
WolfWood37 said:

Now all he has to do is get rid of Yamamoto too and I'll be happy :D

It's a shame this arc is over. It's episodes like this one that make me love Bleach. And it's episodes like the one coming next week that makes me wonder why I bother >.<

Remember Yammamoto only does what he is ordered to do, he only follows orders, plus he is the strongest person they have and he had nothing to do with the Central 46, although they did believe Aizen! That was a bit odd of them but hopefully they will make up for it and learn their lessons after they kill him.
Mar 25, 2009 1:48 PM

Dec 2008
Love it! It's sad this arc ended, but I'm pretty sure the next one won't fall behind. The end of the episode perplexed me a bit - in the manga the Vizards haven't taken any action yet. Maybe they'll change the way things happen, even though up till now they've followed the original story. Or maybe they'll delay their appearance. Either way, I'm pretty interested in what will happen in next week's episode. :)
Mar 25, 2009 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
Frickin' awesome episode.

Shame about shitty fillers.

Ah well- Prince of Tennis is kicking major ass atm.
Mar 25, 2009 4:00 PM

May 2007
Amazing, amazing episode. Animation was badass. Loved the Vizards at the end.
THIS IS BLEACH WHAT BLEACH SHOULD BE LIKE ALL THE TIME!

Too bad the arc is over now. :(

Mar 25, 2009 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
nes said:
Touka said:

so if they take away his power and banich him to earth he would never be able to return

Ha, shows how much they know.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 25, 2009 4:18 PM

Oct 2007
Looks like Ichigo gets a toku costume.
Mar 25, 2009 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
Very good! I do not see the hour of the Vizard enter on the stage!
Mar 25, 2009 5:33 PM

Jul 2008
Bloody_Nightmare said:
Love it! It's sad this arc ended, but I'm pretty sure the next one won't fall behind. The end of the episode perplexed me a bit - in the manga the Vizards haven't taken any action yet. Maybe they'll change the way things happen, even though up till now they've followed the original story. Or maybe they'll delay their appearance. Either way, I'm pretty interested in what will happen in next week's episode. :)

Unfortunately we have fillers ahead, so we won't know what's up with the vaizards for a LONG time.
Mar 25, 2009 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
This arc has taught me one thing, Kisuke is easily this shows most interesting character.
Mar 25, 2009 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode..sucks now that the arc is over an back to suck ass fillers.
Mar 25, 2009 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
I love seeing this arc animated. It's been wonderful having these past few episodes to look forward to every week. I love all the character featured in the arc, and I'm really sad to see it end.

Urahara is a very interesting guy. The vizards are simply badass - especially Shinji. Yoruichi is one of the best female characters in this series; I loved seeing how she chose to support Urahara, rescuing him - no questions asked. I love their relationship because of how they respect and support each other.

To summarize: I'm so depressed that this arc has ended especially because of the characters it focused on.

BEGINNER
Mar 26, 2009 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode. Sucks we're going back to fillers though.

But one thing got to me about this episode.

Note the similarities...

Mar 26, 2009 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
You guys said everything, this arc rocked ass so hard that mine fell off >.<
~de Arimasu
Mar 26, 2009 5:21 AM
Sep 2008
While this episode was amazing and pure unadulterated win, it did move fast and they could have easily padded it into 2 episodes.
I was really surprised when I heard 212 was going to be the end, because theres a lot of info they dont cover, but that's because I expected this to be an arc with explanations, rather than just a look at the events that transpired.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» kenpachi zaraki and his voice change discussion and youre fav characters and there voice changes

anime99x - Jul 11, 2016

5 by ZackNero03 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 71 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jul 3, 2009

17 by zyuna0 »»
Sep 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 310 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dodara - Feb 22, 2011

148 by STUXXV »»
Sep 22, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rayyy - Mar 27, 2012

514 by kakashisballs »»
Sep 20, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnGeLZzZ - Mar 5, 2008

70 by Anik_Singha »»
Sep 20, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.