Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2014 10:38 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is the kind of slow, contemplative episode they could probably only do because they were at the end of a four streak success streak, and the kind of thing they liked to do later in the OVA. Pretty good stuff.
Nov 22, 2018 3:40 AM

Jul 2015
That was a great episode.

As the story as a whole tells us with the former Queen's drama, the difference between the lifespan of the humans and the witches and the consequences of it are terrifying, not being able to just share a life with someone hurts so much.

The story always had a goal of them becoming witches, but after this I think that Doremi will end up declining that when the time comes and instead just live her life as a human with what that means.
Jun 3, 2019 2:25 AM

Oct 2016
What a great Doremi episode from dokkaan! a standalone episode for sure.
Jul 2, 2020 9:16 PM
Nov 2012
Wow that was such a high quality episode. Everything from the amazing backgrounds to the nice and slow story was perfect!
Dec 9, 2020 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
An entire episode focused on Doremi is a great episode, period. She's really my favorite witch from the bunch, her shenanigans never fail to put a smile on my face.

Anyway, the direction in this episode definitely felt different, more mature than usual; loved the cinematography, especially in the first half. I did watch the OVAs before starting Dokkaan and this story could have definitely fit among those. I really wish there were more episodes like these, the whole drama going on in the witch world this season with the former queen feel kinda weak compared to the previous seasons.
MythiaDec 9, 2020 9:10 AM
You just can't spell slaughter without laughter...
May 12, 2021 11:06 PM

Oct 2017
Wonderful. I had to check who directed this episode and, lo and behold, it was Mamoru Hosoda!

https://wavemotioncannon.com/2016/12/14/doremi-and-the-witch-who-gave-up-on-being-a-witch/
Nov 18, 2021 5:39 PM

Apr 2018
Definitely one of the better episodes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! Episode 51 Discussion

Fronzel - Jan 3, 2014

5 by theiceria »»
Jul 20, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! Episode 46 Discussion

Fronzel - Jan 2, 2014

2 by theiceria »»
Jul 18, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! Episode 45 Discussion

theiceria - Jul 18

0 by theiceria »»
Jul 18, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! Episode 42 Discussion

theiceria - Jul 17

0 by theiceria »»
Jul 17, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! Episode 29 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Dec 6, 2012

1 by theiceria »»
Jul 13, 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.