Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
first 2/3 of anime = 8/10

last 1/3 = 6/10

I'd say 7/10 sounds about right..
Jun 29, 2013 1:43 PM

Dec 2008
Even though I'm not really into the whole magical girl thing, this was a lot better than I thought it would be. 7/10

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 31, 2013 9:15 AM

Jan 2008
Yep, 7/10 is good for this one. And I also think the first part was better than latter. Like Sasame suddenly recalling in the middle in the series that he actually loved Takako and the whole melodrama with calling someone's name every third minute. Other than that - it was good. I even liked Mayune's antics, call my sense of humour weird if you like ;)
Feb 9, 2014 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
Pretear was damn good. I thought that the plot was good but ultimately the characters and how they all interacted with each other was king. I just really liked how funny they could be and I was never bored of them.
For some reason, I STILL DON'T BUY THAT SESAME REALLY LOVED TAKAKO....AT ALL. The type of person he is makes me think he only would put himself in the position to like her because she was absolutely bonkers when it came to rejection. But oh well.
But I also really liked how every time Himeno would let one of the guys enter her, she'd get a new outfit. It's a gold digger's dream come true!

I give it an 8. Sadly, I don't think that has enough to win over the hearts of people like Sailor Moon, but it was definitely a notable and enjoyable title in the Magical Girl genre. I just wish there was more! LONG LIVE MR. TANAKA.
Mar 7, 2014 1:22 AM

Dec 2010
Very emotional ending, liked it a lot.
Dec 20, 2016 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
Finally finished yesterday. I liked the first half a lot better than the second half because lol, I still don't believe Sasame loves Takako. I don't know, something about it puts me off. I liked the romance between Hayate and Himeno, but eh I wished it was developed more.

Overall it's a 6 for me. It's an okay show and I enjoyed for what it is despite the annoying bits of comedy.
Aug 29, 2017 1:26 PM
Aug 2014
So there are no consequences whatsoever then? Takako is apparently in love with Sasame now as we can't have her still be in love with our heroines love interest. Sasame isn't dead, Leafenia is back, apparently the city suffered no damage either and everyone lives happily ever after.

That's not to say I wanted a sad ending, but his was a bit much.
Oct 26, 2017 3:19 PM
Jan 2017
Omg the end of the 12th episode all the way through this episode had me balling. it was such a happy ending, great anime.
Nov 6, 2018 9:32 PM
Sep 2015
I'd thought "By all your powers combined" would make her into the White Pretear, but that would've made too much sense.

"Nobody's at fault! Everybody just wanted to be loved! That excuses everything up to and including trying to destroy the world!"- such bullshit. Happy end for the villain couple brings the score down from an 8 to a 7. Would've been a 6 if not for successfully generated feels.

Feb 12, 2019 2:59 AM

Mar 2012
Sasame was the only one I liked, overall the anime was kind of dumb specially when it came to her family.
Apr 14, 2019 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
what a terrible cheap show! I haven't encounter any show that had this many huge flaws. Seriously why this so call "Pretear" idea existed to begin with???????????? Other mahou show like Cardcaptor Sakura did also have same dumb issue but it didn't go into rubbish plot stupid end of the world plot teenage melodrama mess plot. I can see this tried to be wayyyyy too much ambiguous combining coming-of-age + mahou shoujo + romance + end of world plot which ultimately became pathetic mess.

I assume the show adapted 18 chapt manga which then therefore they had to add so many ridiculous unfunny filler scenes to make into 13 episode somehow and thankfully those filler stuff were easily skippable. The music was pretty good but hey they are few of them though.

meh at least I had some good laugh of "that" scene on episode 11 were I was supposed to feel sad instead I had it very funny lol. Very overrated show overall and this is in 7 mal rating is a completely blows my mind.
removed-userApr 14, 2019 11:58 PM
Jun 8, 2021 3:11 PM

Jan 2021
I actually kinda loved the ending..? This was enjoyable overall . And I’m happy it had a happy ending
8/10 I
Oct 8, 2021 1:40 PM
Mar 2021
I love this episode especially the one scene when Hayate kiss Himeno, it's like combination of Cinderella & Snow White I keep watching same episode over & over, I'll never get bored of it. #GorgeousCouple💜😍🥰
Oct 8, 2021 1:46 PM
Feb 2021
I love this episode when Hayate protect Himeno from danger, he will do anything to keep her safe.#BeautifulCouple😍💜🥰
May 12, 5:02 AM

Aug 2008
Meh. Whiny main character and bad comedy really brought this down for me. Given how this show went I don't even mind the asspulls of Himeno transforming into the Ultimate White Pretear alone, her reviving Sasame or being revived through the power of love. Plus I'm not sure what they would be fighting anyway before the previous pretear turned into the princess of disaster. Do those monster things appear on their own and she just got the ability to control them? Not sure. Meh. 6/10 for me.

More topics from this board

» What's the actual purpose of the Prétear and Knights?

SleepingAsteria - Jun 20, 2023

3 by SleepingAsteria »»
Jun 24, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Pretear Episode 10 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Jun 28, 2013

7 by LocalMagicalGirl »»
Dec 16, 2022 11:26 PM

Poll: » Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear Episode 12 Discussion

Surana - Feb 9, 2016

2 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 8, 2021 3:05 PM

Poll: » Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Pretear Episode 11 Discussion

skreyola - Sep 12, 2015

3 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 8, 2021 2:59 PM

Poll: » Prétear Episode 9 Discussion

BreathOfFire3 - Jul 27, 2011

4 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 8, 2021 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.