Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2011 11:20 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Kuuko in a maid uniform.

The last girl finally appears.
Awwwww shit son, another member for Kyohei's pseudo-harem.

Well next ep seems to start with the usual slow stuff, but the new girl seems to be the catalyst to nearing events.
Aug 30, 2011 11:26 AM

Oct 2009
Truth be told as the new girl appears right in the end.

So Aki cannot react to what Kuuko's doing? Haha.

Otherwise, not much of an episode worth noting.

Aug 30, 2011 11:32 AM
Apr 2011
Nice episode.
New girl.
Aug 30, 2011 11:41 AM

Oct 2010
If there is one good comedy in this episode then it's the following,

Moyako was so hilarious giving a down beat lesson to Kyouhei. In fact I really liked seeing Moyako visiting Utao and checking upon her kakashi. In fact Utao looked really happy to talk with Moyako here. Which is good since sometimes she gets the slumps. I loved her serious face along with her blushed face after she punched Kyouhei in the spoiler
those were really nice faces of Moyako. Her walk with Kyouhei was nice since it revealed a lot of stuff about her thinking along with Kyouhei’s thinking in regards to Aki. While I found totally important of her Moyako’s reaction here to Aki’s claim of kakashis being only for destruction. It shows that Moyako is very sadden by this and since she is most likely the girl who loved Aki at first, this is all understandable.

Like many are happy so am I at Mahiru in the following,

but it has to do more with her bringing herself unto Kyouhei most likely getting a good breast feel there in that pic and so a triangle is born. The preview does get me worried in the spoiler
Mahiru looks really deranged as with what appears to be possibly a taser? Is she like tsundere/yandere maybe yangire? In any case all we know of Mahiru is that whatever her kakashi is it has some weird chain/tail like here that is pink. Mahiru’s wonderful landing, eyes and clinging to Kyouhei in the spoiler
does insinuate a triangle and love thing. Just how deep hers is for Kyouhei remains to be seen.

About Aki, although Aki was quite cool here sitting on the bench chilling out. He has a death wish according to the spoiler
quite simply him thinking of destroying the whole village and about Chihaya sounds to me like he wants to join her pretty quickly. Before he even destroys the village or so, I don’t think any family will allow that there. Moreover if he gains power to that crazy kakashi, watch Kyouhei kill it or stop it again. What gets interesting is this guy here. I wonder what is his plan and involvement with Aki.

About Hibino/Kyouhei/Suou, well at first I already loved seeing Hibino and Suou in the spoiler
considering Suou is extremely funny. It only became much better later on when Hibino goes out to take a call from her father at some bar I guess. While it was really nice to see Hibino with Kyouhei here considering it almost lead to Kyouhei confessing unto Hibino and Hibino got a marvelous smile here. It all went down the drain with Suou in the spoiler
now that was funny and at the same time too bad for Kyouhei in failing to confess to Hibino.

As for Hibino, I loved her a lot in the spoiler
that picture and faces towards Kyouhei/Utao were superb and funny. About the preview, well certainly more Mahiru is coming and she looks quite angry there. In fact I fear the worst of her in the spoiler
especially how Hibino is reacting to her inquisition most likely about Kyouhei. While those expressions of hers do lead to perhaps many in believing she could be a killer yandere girl with some tsundere from how one of her expressions looked like in that spoiler above. I do worry over this guy here since from the looks of this blade movement he may be dead in the next episode.

Loved the Kamisama corner in the spoiler
they really showed all these shots of Hibino’s breasts.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
and have to say that Hibino in the pics when she was young was totally adorable but so was Utao in her dress.
More later.
notsureifsrs said:
The last girl finally appears.
Well it’s about time indeed.
Yumekichi11Aug 30, 2011 9:13 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 30, 2011 12:10 PM

Oct 2010
buajajajaja I was wondering when that extra girl the the op was going appear...
Besides the random new girl we also got random new guy

Nice ep overall
huh?
Aug 30, 2011 12:30 PM

Dec 2009
So Moyako knew about Kirio ?

And what does this "Uta-bou" thing means, she's been called this twice, by Sou in the first place and now by Moyako, I'm not sure I understand, is there a pun or something ? I thought it could come from "tabou" meaning being busy at work but why these 2 girls would use the same word play ?

Kind of disappointing, nothing really happened, and Kuuko as a maid was too much.
Aug 30, 2011 12:41 PM

Apr 2011
Ughh... I still cannot bring myself to like any facet of Kuuko's personality. Her nosy, bitchy, slutty attitude is damn annoying.

I don't see any problem with Utao's face muscles. She's smiled a few times throughout the show.

Yay, new girl. Let the Kyohei jock riding begin.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 30, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2011
good ep though hoped something would've happened. so the detective is starting to poke his nose into his daughter's work, but he doesn't know that she too is investigating the village and what's happened in the past. i found it weird that kuuko came up with aki being a mass murderer with the event that happened 6 years ago.

so utao and kirio are trying to become friends.

Woo mahiro makes her appearance finally!

can't wait for the next ep.
Aug 30, 2011 12:51 PM

Jun 2010
I thought that Aki would be humiliating Kuuko or something like that since they were living together, but I guess not. Right when those two make up, of course another person joins the fray and makes things complicated.

Aug 30, 2011 12:57 PM
Nov 2010
New characters, nice, especially that Mahiro, I hope the next episode will be pretty interesting...
Aug 30, 2011 1:17 PM

Oct 2009
Finally the frightened Mahiro reappears.
Aug 30, 2011 1:21 PM

Oct 2010
Quivi said:
Finally the frightened Mahiro reappears.
What's interesting about her is that she is another Nessa from Fractale of course voice wise, which makes me :D I like that voice a lot. Does anyone think it will suit the role of Mahiro to have such a wonderful seiyuu?

Aug 30, 2011 1:23 PM
May 2011
Finally Mahiru appears xP
ban1o.jpg
Aug 30, 2011 1:35 PM
Dec 2007
Great developments as usual in this episode and a fantastic direction despite the lack of budget, plus Kamisama Dolls still has the best characters out there (and a new interesting one has appeared it seems). Seeing that 13 episodes clearly won't be enough to resolve everything, I hope there'll be a second season now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2010
omg there is no longer any doubt that Utao is a confirmed 100% is a bro-con. One less rival lol. When Kuuko's dad was bullying Utao she's so cute.

The suspense is really good. Better than the other currently airing anime Steins Gates. Raise score by 1 point.

Kuuko trying to seduce Aki and wanting a reaction was a interesting move. Utao/Kirio making up is adorable. Having only seen about 5 seconds of her, the new girl looks like a yandere to me. She looks quite powerful too, more than Utao/Kirio and maybe more in control so even more than Kyohei at the moment unless Kyohei powerups a little. That's just my guess hehehe...
Aug 30, 2011 2:30 PM
Jun 2011
i almost sure hibino was jealous when miharu hug kyohei near the end what you think?
Aug 30, 2011 4:10 PM

Oct 2010
taro_sado said:
Having only seen about 5 seconds of her, the new girl looks like a yandere to me.
Nice one! That means she will go insane in the next episode based on what I saw of the preview.
taro_sado said:
She looks quite powerful too, more than Utao/Kirio and maybe more in control so even more than Kyohei at the moment unless Kyohei powerups a little. That's just my guess hehehe...
All we know of her kakashi is that is has some tail like but whether it may have the same features as Epyion from Wing Gundam remains to be seen.

Aug 30, 2011 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
Aki is still the most interesting character to me in this show. Kuuko was hilarious, i was surprised to see how much Aki respects her. And it was sweet to see Aki remembering Chihaya and noono ;_;
bleh. another girl to Kyohei´s harem. It sucks, since we have 4 eps left.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 30, 2011 4:36 PM

Jan 2010
So this Kuga-Hyuuga enmity is sort of a passive-aggressive-we-hate-you-but-not-too-much thing or what? Having Kirio agree not to attack Utao is not what enemies do... Or even meeting to discuss that in the first place.

I'm also having a hard time understanding the role of that weird Kuuko... what does she want? Is it just a token "weird chick" character? Nine episodes are gone out of 13, so... four episodes to finish this story will definitely be rushed. Well unless they are planning on a second season.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 30, 2011 4:59 PM

Aug 2010
The new character is actually a good addition imo. Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 30, 2011 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
Archie74 said:

... Nine episodes are gone out of 13, so... four episodes to finish this story will definitely be rushed. Well unless they are planning on a second season.

No they won't rush it. Actually with this development, I hope they end this anime in this arc.
so they gonna end the anime ver. at vol.7 of the manga

Manga now it's still going on till vol.9
so, if there's chance for 2nd season, definitely not as soon as we hope...

IZUMI64Sep 14, 2011 3:48 AM
Aug 30, 2011 5:36 PM

Dec 2010
Archie74 said:
So this Kuga-Hyuuga enmity is sort of a passive-aggressive-we-hate-you-but-not-too-much thing or what? Having Kirio agree not to attack Utao is not what enemies do... Or even meeting to discuss that in the first place.

I'm also having a hard time understanding the role of that weird Kuuko... what does she want? Is it just a token "weird chick" character? Nine episodes are gone out of 13, so... four episodes to finish this story will definitely be rushed. Well unless they are planning on a second season.

okay deleted my last post, here is the nicer version of it lol.

Communication is something enemies can do too. Think war, negotiating for peace, rival gangs, etc...

Kuuka just wanted excitement, like Haruhi Suzumiya. Crazy in that regard.
Aug 30, 2011 7:08 PM

Jul 2010
Mahiru finally appears and thus a new rival begins. The expressions continue to be top notch as well.
Aug 30, 2011 7:13 PM
Jun 2008
hanazawa again ....

aki x kuuko .
Aki is immune to seduce lol
Aug 30, 2011 7:22 PM

Oct 2010
That detective gave Utao quite a scare back there just by talking to her and asking her various questions including the one relating to the incident with the dolls. (I <3 her cute reaction btw) She must've been so intimidated that when he finally left she yelled for him not to come back and...threw rice on the ground? Is that some kind of custom to drive away evil spirits or something?

Aki, this guy has no reaction when it comes to having a girl seduce him. I guess Sensei was the only girl for him.

This part here.
Muahahahahaha... Utao can be such a bro-con. She thinks she has already won when Hibino seemed liked she didn't care when Kyouhei went walking alone with Moyako.

But unfortunately, she gets one MORE rival instead.
Yumekichi11 said:

and a seemingly formidable one too.
Aug 30, 2011 7:25 PM

Oct 2010
Lefake said:
She must've been so intimidated that when he finally left she yelled for him not to come back and...threw rice on the ground? Is that some kind of custom to drive away evil spirits or something?
I though it was salt. Yes that would be in this case custom to drive away spirits. Precisely I though it was sea salt.

Aug 30, 2011 7:27 PM

Jul 2007
Archie74 said:

Its more like we-hate-you-and-you-hate-us-because-its-a-tradition-of-decades-to-do-so but its such an old and archaic thing that only the oldest family members actually feel that hate. The younger generation are in for a ride because its their responsibility to the family and not because they actually feel that hate.

As for Kuuko. You have never really met anyone like her in real life? Someone who wants a dynamic sort of life. Anything happening. Tornado, tsunami, some worldwide cataclysm, dystopia, anything that is not what is now.There are quite a lot of people like that in this generation right now. Someone so drawn to danger that she wants the hell to open up right now for all she cares, as long as its different from casual everyday.

----------------------------

Yay for random mormons labeling yet another female character as "slut" without any real reason behind that. Really shows how much sexually repressed most of otaku are, sadly.
Aug 30, 2011 9:24 PM

Feb 2010
nice episode , this should last longer than 13 eps...

it was interesting to see aki remembering that girl and his dog.
Aug 30, 2011 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
Archie74 said:

Did u even hear (or well read) what koushiro said in that conversation?
Aug 30, 2011 10:03 PM

Jun 2009
What's up with Kuuko dressing up as a meido just to hack into the police's network?
Regardless, Kuuko's still the coolest character in this series.
Yumekichi11 said:
Lefake said:
She must've been so intimidated that when he finally left she yelled for him not to come back and...threw rice on the ground? Is that some kind of custom to drive away evil spirits or something?
I though it was salt. Yes that would be in this case custom to drive away spirits. Precisely I though it was sea salt.
I'm pretty sure it's a Japanese custom to throw salt on your doorstep after beggars or other undesirables leave.
Aug 30, 2011 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
Salt is for warding away demons, though it extends to people you generally dislike.
Aug 30, 2011 10:44 PM

May 2009
Nothing seems to come easy for Utau, except loving her brother (too much) lol.
New girl appears to be another weird one. The village seems to be full of them, but I still think Kuuko is the weirdest of them all.
Aug 30, 2011 11:22 PM

Aug 2010
mahiru seems like a yandere >_>;
utao trying to smile was win lol and that detective really puts the pressure on utao o_O maybe thats why kuuko became the way she is now >_>
HiyuuTAug 30, 2011 11:29 PM
Aug 31, 2011 12:17 AM

Mar 2010
Boring as always, there's no point in dropping it with only a few episodes left, but god I can't wait till this lame shit is over.
Same as before, the only reason I'm this far is because of Aki and Kuuko~-0-/

Aug 31, 2011 12:53 AM

Jul 2011
spohken said:
Ughh... I still cannot bring myself to like any facet of Kuuko's personality. Her nosy, bitchy, slutty attitude is damn annoying.

I totally agree with you, she gets on my nerves. Overall nice episode and loved Utao's facial expressions throughout the episode. Ready to see what this new girl is all about in the next episode.
Aug 31, 2011 2:32 AM

Apr 2011
Kyouhei-sama? another rival for Utao Kuga
Aug 31, 2011 4:50 AM

Jul 2007
I just love how anime fanbase calls any female character who does not act like shy innocent virgin waifu a slut ...
Aug 31, 2011 7:22 AM
Apr 2010
Now i'm just waiting for the SUPER-CRAM-EVERYTHING-INTO-ONE-EPISODE part of this "13" episode series. No really, the progression of this series blows.
Aug 31, 2011 8:12 AM

Jan 2008
Rather 'Just Ok' episode...Utao can look really cute sometimes.
"You want to live, don't you...? So live! As long as you're alive, live!" ~ Takeshi Kuranari
Aug 31, 2011 9:04 AM

Nov 2009
Now it's pretty much confirmed that it was Kyouhei who fired that beam from Kukuri's left arm a few eps back and not Utao. Kyouhei really needs to get a kakashi for himself... I've been waiting for that to happen for ages...

Kuuko's interrupted seduction of Aki put a smile on my face for some reason.

And finally the last improtant character joins the fray.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 31, 2011 9:17 AM

May 2010
Kuuko kinda scared me !!
Aug 31, 2011 10:52 AM

Sep 2010
Nice episode, I was waiting for this.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 31, 2011 11:03 AM

Feb 2010
lol, I get how Utao feels about smiling. I think about it too much when someone takes a picture and I end up glaring instead, but it just comes naturally the rest of the time. :)

Neat episode, still enjoy watching this anime.
Aug 31, 2011 1:07 PM

Sep 2007
"One less rival"? Really? How big of a brocon can this brat get? It's like they stuck every single loli archetype into Utao just for the token loli in the show.
Aug 31, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty interesting episode. Kuuko was pretty daring but Aki didn't move an inch. xD
The talk between Moyako and Kyouhei was also pretty interesting. It must be really weird to suddenly hear you have another brother.And last of course we got the appearance of Mahiru who seems to (or pretends to) like Kyouhei a little too much. I wonder what'll happen with her.

Aug 31, 2011 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Four episodes left, numerous relationships to resolve, and a couple of big plot questions to answer. I don't think this is planned for a one season show.

Loved the doll corner: "She's cute, they're big...."
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 31, 2011 6:25 PM

Apr 2011
Would of been a memorable episode, if Aki had a funny reaction to Kuuko advances and does he want to destroy the village tradition or the people? Hope it doesn't include the small children...

Super confirm that Utao has a brother complex, but w/ a additional little brother added to the mix, she might let go her older brother complex for a younger boy. XD

I want to see Utao in kandere mode, she goes berserk and kills everyone ^_^
Aug 31, 2011 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
It's like they stuck every single loli archetype into Utao just for the token loli in the show.
That's cool though and they are doing it good. Directing in this series sets it apart from the other ones IMO. You don't think so?
Onyxthegreat said:
Pretty interesting episode. Kuuko was pretty daring but Aki didn't move an inch. xD
That awfully looked like the same attitude towards Chihaya that Aki had. Would it mean something as in Kuuko x Aki? It could be a foreshadow but who knows.
rodac said:
Loved the doll corner: "She's cute, they're big...."
IMO I could just not believe they would put a collage of pictures just of the breasts of Hibino and if I could get a clean version of it, then those pics would be a keeper.

Aug 31, 2011 11:40 PM

Sep 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
It's like they stuck every single loli archetype into Utao just for the token loli in the show.
That's cool though and they are doing it good. Directing in this series sets it apart from the other ones IMO. You don't think so?

No, it's not cool at all. They're not "doing it good" either. The show has proven that it can be good without the ever fateful loli present invading a show. Utao is the token loli stuck with all the generic loli tropes simply to pleasure and pander to the lolicon fanbase. Utao's "moe" moments are ridiculously forced and her bro-complex is disgustingly irritating and pointless. There is zero reason for her being such a bro-con. And judging from how the show goes and will continue going, the whole bro-con thing will never be addressed whatsoever. Placed there so the otaku can eat it all up like the lolicons they are.
Sep 1, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
No, it's not cool at all. They're not "doing it good" either. The show has proven that it can be good without the ever fateful loli present invading a show.
I agree but there has to be some kind of guarantee of selling the show. Unforunately with the times that are now economically no one wants a problem like Gonzo to end up as thus why I think the loli invasion happened with this show. No one is sure that this show would sell without some elements.
Wasabi said:
Utao is the token loli stuck with all the generic loli tropes simply to pleasure and pander to the lolicon fanbase.

Agree, it is and working wonderfully. I would not let myself be bothered by that point though.
Wasabi said:
Utao's "moe" moments are ridiculously forced and her bro-complex is disgustingly irritating and pointless.
Yes they are but I ignore them seeing many are in other shows I watch. I don't see this being bad for this show in particular as in disturbing my enjoyment of it.
Wasabi said:
There is zero reason for her being such a bro-con. And judging from how the show goes and will continue going, the whole bro-con thing will never be addressed whatsoever. Placed there so the otaku can eat it all up like the lolicons they are.
I don't agree, there is a reason for her and IMO it has to do in the beginning. I think she was saved by Kyouhei so WTF is wrong if she wants to lose her innocence to her brother? She owes his life to him. Sure incest blah blah blah but it will also sell out due to that point.

In regards to Otaku stuff well the anime change and all its elements like the lolicon stuff you mention and MOE shaped up the Otakus so they are not what they are but what they became by watching what made them. You see with I did there?

Point is that if you let yourself be troubled by elements like that in anime you will never enjoy shows properly. Sure you can bitch at it but it will just blow out some steam you have and I do that too BTW.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 5, 2011

179 by Ishiryoku »»
May 14, 2:04 AM

» Still waiting for S2...

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

4 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xoraan14 - Sep 27, 2011

156 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Sep 20, 2011

83 by Dekom »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 13, 2011

81 by Dekom »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.