Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 24, 8:00 AM
Oct 2021
I have been using the HiDive app on and off for the last two years. There are some animes that are on my watch list that I can stream on HiDive. I find it to be more than affordable per month. I turn this over to the community, on if any of you have used, currently use, or thought of getting browsing HiDive and watching anime. What are your thoughts on the app/website? Where do you think that they can improve on?
Sep 24, 8:01 AM

Feb 2020
"Thoughts on HiDive for Anime Viewing?"

I think it's pretty awesome.
Sep 24, 8:24 AM

Jul 2021
They should pick up more seasonals.

They'll need to throw around more cash and likely bump up the subscription fees as a result, but streaming industry is just brutal, and I worry they'll be pushed out by Crunchyroll and Netflix if they don't get more aggressive towards the latest content.

But maybe the owners don't consider streaming their main business and don't particularly care...
Sep 24, 8:30 AM

Feb 2023
Horrible. The subtitles are some of the worst I have ever seen. They're even worse than the other companies like Crunchyroll and Funimation.
Sep 24, 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
If there is a huge anime library then go for it. When it was available in my region, library was really poor, for many months service isn't even available in my country and many others.

Btw, if you want to pay sub time to time and not every month, when enough titles you want to watch are there, all is fine, I did that too. I don't see a point for a yearly sub, if you need to wait for content all the time.
Vampire_LordSep 24, 8:57 AM
Sep 24, 9:15 AM

Sep 2016
I watched some HiDive rips, didn't notice anything noteworthy.
Sep 24, 3:13 PM

Oct 2023
HiDive is pretty good although that's because I live in the US. Even if I didn't I would just use a vpn to watch more stuff.
Sep 24, 3:18 PM

Jul 2013
I never heard of HiDive tbh. Why should I use it?
Sep 24, 3:42 PM

May 2015
Absolute garbage. Had it for 2 years, subs are awful(full of bad localizations, straight up mistranslations), their UI is trash, the library is nothing special and they get maybe 2 shows per season.

Their only redeeming value is they do have the uncensored versions of most shows, but considering they nearly doubled their subscription fee this year it's nowhere near worth the price.
Sep 24, 3:50 PM

Jan 2022
From when I tried, I can say that the service is decent for the price.
Due to the small amount of new anime each season, though, it is probably a better bang for your buck if you only get 1 month every 3, to finish or start the seasonals that are there (if you don't want to look at the fair amount of older shows they have, or already seen what you want).
Anyways, in terms of actual UI, it's not great, but it's certainly passable/watchable. Haven't tried the app though, I was on the webpage.
Sep 24, 8:22 PM

Jul 2024
HiDive has a diverse library of anime, from classic series to the latest simulcast. HiDive also has features like watch parties, where you can watch anime with others online, and a community section where you can discuss episodes you watch.
HiDive is a solid choice for anime viewing
Sep 24, 9:19 PM

Feb 2021
It's ok, they have been getting more seasonals lately, which is a lot more than they did 2 years ago, when they would have entire seasons where they only had 2 shows.
11 hours ago

Jul 2021
After actually using it for a few weeks, I have to say it's only noteworthy for its little annoyances.

- Biggest pet peeve: it doesn't seem to "save" my progress consistently when I back out or close the tab, so some things don't show up on the "Continue Watching" section
- It doesn't show my watchlist on the home page, so I have to navigate to my watchlist every time
- It's hard to find out whether a currently-airing show dropped a new episode or not. The simulcast shows on the home page often seem to have the wrong label, or the same label basically all week round, making the label useless
- The search function is not very good at finding things and seems purely text-based
- It's hard to find related or similar shows to the one I'm looking at, especially the movies from the same franchise

Its small catalogue is still its biggest problem, even if it has some good exclusives from the past few years. It actually seems to have lost a few shows recently, especially the older shows that I made a mental note of a few months ago.

Some good points: it works. The video and audio seem good quality, and I don't really have complaints about the subs. And it allows me to create multiple watchlists, which I don't think Crunchyroll or Netflix supports.

The price point isn't too bad, in isolation. But it's not that good value compared to what its competitors offer for what they charge. And there's almost no point in subscribing for more than a month at a time, 2-3 times a year.

More topics from this board

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

72 by Helianthus_E322 »»
4 minutes ago

» Animes you wish had dubs?

Mattenan - Yesterday

23 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
13 minutes ago

» I don't understand why shoujo is so much more shunned than all other demographics. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fario-P - Apr 27, 2023

314 by alshu »»
34 minutes ago

» Are bigger boobs really more of a draw for female characters?

fallout45 - Yesterday

16 by KitsuFrost »»
43 minutes ago

» Favorite anime girl school uniform

VampireSylphy - 11 hours ago

16 by DreamingBeats »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.