Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Jun 2024
I don't think I've ever experienced a heatstroke. I mean, yeah, sometimes it's hot and I'm sweating, but I've never actually vomited, passed out, or fallen over.

It's crazy because I've seen someone experiencing a heatstroke, but thank God there were people around who knew what to do. It's kind of scary to observe it happening with my own eyes.
Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Feb 2020
"Have you ever had a heatstroke?"

Fortunately not. :S
Yesterday, 11:36 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I do not believe that I ever have had heatstroke.
Today, 12:13 AM

Jul 2024
Reply to Serafos
"Have you ever had a heatstroke?"

Fortunately not. :S
@Serafos brother you live in Finland.. There is no heat there
Today, 12:16 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to RainyEvenings
@Serafos brother you live in Finland.. There is no heat there
@RainyEvenings ... People always have wrong assumptions about Finland. We can also have hot summers here.
Today, 2:10 AM

Sep 2016
No, I am fairly cold and heat resistant, good genes I guess.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Today, 2:12 AM

Sep 2017
Despite the 50°C summers being a common occurrence here, I've never had one because of the weather.
I did experience what I believe was a heatstroke once because of staying in a jacuzzi for too long.
خ
Today, 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, it has happened to me several times. Fortunately, it wasn't life-threatening.
Today, 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
not yet but im sure once temperature rises more i might one day since im diabetic
Today, 5:31 AM

May 2024
Never, and it gets insanely hot during summer here. I've never even fainted, nor have I vomited in the last 10 years or so.
Today, 5:52 AM

Mar 2008
Not to my recall. Ive had a pretty bad sunburn at least twice though.
Today, 6:27 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to traed
Not to my recall. Ive had a pretty bad sunburn at least twice though.
@traed If you aren't shedding piles of skin everywhere you go you didn't have a truly horrible sunburn yet.
Today, 6:52 AM

Oct 2017
I never had a heatstroke but suffered from heat exhaustion several times because I practice sports daily, the heat in Dallas is no joke.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
12 hours ago

Aug 2021
I already had the beginnings of heatstroke, it was horrible.

11 hours ago

Feb 2024
Yes, sure, many times. High temperature, headache etc for a few days.

I'm fucking blondie: no matter how "seasoned" I am, no matter now brown my skin is etc - one day outside unprotected and I'm all red with my brain turned into pieces like goddamn porcelain, pleading for ibuprofen and someone to put cold bepanthen onto my shoulders...

Happened to me the last week, just played some volleyball with no baseball cap/sunscreen. I'm always stupid like that, sorry.
LoveYourSmile11 hours ago
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
11 hours ago

Feb 2024
Reply to JaniSIr
@traed If you aren't shedding piles of skin everywhere you go you didn't have a truly horrible sunburn yet.
@JaniSIr Yeah, so true! The skin just comes and goes in the summer, I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Sunscreen helps, except for those days I fall asleep on a bank/shore too drunk/high to care. Or when I waste the last sunscreen the dumbest way possible, don't bother to refill it, saying "fuck it, I'm a man, I can handle that", and then finding myself crying like a baby the next day lol.
10 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@JaniSIr Yeah, so true! The skin just comes and goes in the summer, I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Sunscreen helps, except for those days I fall asleep on a bank/shore too drunk/high to care. Or when I waste the last sunscreen the dumbest way possible, don't bother to refill it, saying "fuck it, I'm a man, I can handle that", and then finding myself crying like a baby the next day lol.
@LoveYourSmile That's not healthy...
And when I got really sunburnt on vacation, I could barely get home it hurt so much.
9 hours ago

Feb 2024
Reply to JaniSIr
@LoveYourSmile That's not healthy...
And when I got really sunburnt on vacation, I could barely get home it hurt so much.
@JaniSIr

Yeah, extremely unhealthy, I know. But well, there are some sins we enjoy, that's one of mine.

My wifey argued a lot about that habit of me to irresponsibility burn, but we agreed me to do the cancer check every year and use sunscreen as much as possible. Still, I'm always out of a sunscreen in my car, just because of another braindead habit lol.
9 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@JaniSIr

Yeah, extremely unhealthy, I know. But well, there are some sins we enjoy, that's one of mine.

My wifey argued a lot about that habit of me to irresponsibility burn, but we agreed me to do the cancer check every year and use sunscreen as much as possible. Still, I'm always out of a sunscreen in my car, just because of another braindead habit lol.
@LoveYourSmile I'd rather go to Africa in a pullover than risk sunburn like that.
7 hours ago

Oct 2015
No I haven’t, and I can’t imagine it being very nice either. I have never been anywhere exceptionally hot to be fair. The highest it has ever been in the UK was the other year where it was near 30 degrees. Even when I went to Las Vegas this year, it was a desert state. I drank plenty of water. One time in China though, I think I might have come close. It was 38 degrees, and I needed to lie down for a bit. That was me being silly and wearing a hoodie. I do however get sunburned really easily. It doesn’t help that I have red hair. 10 minutes out in the sun, and I am a tomato.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

3 hours ago

Jun 2024
@Serafos @Kwanthemaster @Zarutaku I'm glad to hear that.

@RainyEvenings You can overheat even in cool or cold weather. That's honestly scary.

https://www.womensrunning.com/culture/heat-exhaustion-even-cold-weather/

@Fatephile, 50 degrees Celsius, holy fuck. Thinking about it, saunas and hot springs too. Heatstrokes can probably happen.

@DesuMaiden glad you survived, but the NTHE though...

@deg I didn't know you're diabetic. Sorry.

@SimplyBrazen The last time I vomited was because of a stomach flu, and it wasn't pleasant, omg.

@traed It's been so long since I've had sunburns.

@JaniSIr Shedding piles of skin everywhere!?

@Fate_Saber88 Heat exhaustion several times, damn... What sport is it?

@Absurdo_N Horrible it is.

@LoveYourSmile Please remember your baseball cap and sunscreen next time around!

@DBX I see. Whereabouts in China?

3 hours ago

Oct 2015
Reply to JustMaya
@Serafos @Kwanthemaster @Zarutaku I'm glad to hear that.

@RainyEvenings You can overheat even in cool or cold weather. That's honestly scary.

https://www.womensrunning.com/culture/heat-exhaustion-even-cold-weather/

@Fatephile, 50 degrees Celsius, holy fuck. Thinking about it, saunas and hot springs too. Heatstrokes can probably happen.

@DesuMaiden glad you survived, but the NTHE though...

@deg I didn't know you're diabetic. Sorry.

@SimplyBrazen The last time I vomited was because of a stomach flu, and it wasn't pleasant, omg.

@traed It's been so long since I've had sunburns.

@JaniSIr Shedding piles of skin everywhere!?

@Fate_Saber88 Heat exhaustion several times, damn... What sport is it?

@Absurdo_N Horrible it is.

@LoveYourSmile Please remember your baseball cap and sunscreen next time around!

@DBX I see. Whereabouts in China?

@JustMaya Xi'an. It is a city in the Shaanxi Province, sort of in the middle of china. It is most notably known for having the terracotta army. It was quite warm everyday, but I remember one day in perticular that it was so smogy that you could hardly breath. Nice little city though. Kind of reminds you of attack on titan because the city is surrounded by walls.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

3 hours ago

May 2022
I don't think so, but I do remember winning some race in track and field at school and then feeling really dizzy and nauseous afterwards. I tried to drink water but I still felt really dizzy and nauseous, so I tried resting on a table outside felt like I was going to fall asleep, and then I went to the next class, math. In math class I couldn't focus for like half the class and was contemplating calling home before I finally felt fine and continued the day as usual.
"It's just one of those days when you don't want to wake up, everything is fudged, everybody sucks, you don't really know why but you want to justify ripping someone's head off."
-John Cena, Romanian Philosopher and former politician

41 minutes ago
Dec 2022
DBX said:
@JustMaya Xi'an. It is a city in the Shaanxi Province, sort of in the middle of china. It is most notably known for having the terracotta army. It was quite warm everyday, but I remember one day in perticular that it was so smogy that you could hardly breath. Nice little city though. Kind of reminds you of attack on titan because the city is surrounded by walls.

A city that I will eventually visit. I heard that Ürümqi/Wūlǔmùqí is also like that. The city's name is from a Mongolian dialect meaning well-tended garden, but some people in southern China would call it an oven city.

More topics from this board

» Whats your goal in life

godsavemeplease - Today

25 by Rurihime »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you read manga, watch anime or do both?

19R0CKST4R - Jul 17

29 by Spades82 »»
43 minutes ago

» Lets have a japanese conversation

Lalala1412 - Aug 2

22 by MalchikRepaid »»
51 minutes ago

» why do people in the modern world try so hard to hide their body odour?

vasipi4946 - Jul 25

24 by clematis_666 »»
2 hours ago

» Have you ever been banned from a social media or website? ( 1 2 )

Zakatsuki_ - Aug 2

50 by clematis_666 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.