Forum Settings
Forums

Bisexual characters in straight relationships?

New
May 22, 7:07 AM

Jan 2012
Nowdays, whenever there is a confirmed bi-sexuel character in any form of media, it feels like they are always pushing for that certain character to end up together with the same sex just for the sake of lbtg points. Or have a character have ex-relationship that is always the opposite sex.

Do you know any bi-sexuel characters that were or are in a relationship with the opposite sex by the end of a story?

Personally I can only think of Ramona from Scott Pilgrim and Moxxie from Helluva Boss.
How I love a game
May 23, 11:38 PM

Jun 2016
I can't think of anyone apart from Ramona although most bisexual characters seem to be confirmed as bisexual by creator twitter posts and press announcements so there might be more I don't know about.
Your guy in AC Odyssey (who can fuck anyone) will fuck someone of the opposite sex on the DLC but sexual orientations aren't "real" in this game so it doesn't count. What I mean by not "real" is that EVERY character you encounter is willing to have sex with you just by asking once because the devs didn't want to lock out on characters by sexual orientation to give you more choice.
Pretty poor implementation of a romance mechanic if you ask me but that's beside the point.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 24, 3:03 AM

May 2014
George from Paradise Kiss is bi and was in a relationship with a girl.
May 24, 5:43 AM

Aug 2021
one of tengen uzui's wives, suma, is confirmed to be bisexual
May 24, 7:46 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I mean, bisexuals tend to pick a side at some point. Not really an issue.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 24, 7:59 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to DreamWindow
I mean, bisexuals tend to pick a side at some point. Not really an issue.
@DreamWindow what does this have to do with his question
May 24, 8:06 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to mentalmondai
@DreamWindow what does this have to do with his question
@mentalmondai I'm saying it doesn't really matter who the character ends up with, since they can go either way.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 24, 9:19 AM

Sep 2016
May 25, 10:16 PM

Jan 2012
Reply to DreamWindow
@mentalmondai I'm saying it doesn't really matter who the character ends up with, since they can go either way.
@DreamWindow Sure but it feels like there is a certain sense of biphobia in movies and tv nowadays. Like its almost always just same sex they have the character be with. Cause for most companies making these things, Bisexuel just means gay to them.
How I love a game
May 26, 1:44 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Zack312
@DreamWindow Sure but it feels like there is a certain sense of biphobia in movies and tv nowadays. Like its almost always just same sex they have the character be with. Cause for most companies making these things, Bisexuel just means gay to them.
@Zack312 I mean, we're living in an age where large corporations are always putting gay stuff in their movies or shows, so I'm not sure about that. I think the problem with writing bisexual characters in particular, is that it's difficult to really have them just be "bisexual" without having them be aggressively bisexual. It could be hard to have a modest or more reserved bisexual character, since, if they settle on a male character, then it's seen as appealing to straight people. If they settle on a same sex partner, it is seen as appealing to gay people. So, I don't know, it's a tricky balance and I think people look into it a little too deeply. At least, that's my opinion.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

8574 by KitsuFrost »»
2 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Apr 26

263 by cyandaqil »»
3 hours ago

» what kind of music do my fellow weebs like? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ToxicSnake1 - Oct 23, 2019

231 by Yuno »»
7 hours ago

» New devil may cry animated series

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
Today, 1:23 AM

» Why still no Cyberpunk season 2 entry in anime DB?

Stuntdrath - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
Today, 12:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.