Forum Settings
Forums

Which Anime do you think has the overall best OP+ED+OSTs ?

New
May 19, 12:05 PM

Oct 2020
I haven't watched that many Anime but out of them I think these are up there. Most of their OP/ED and OSTs are god tier and fits their vibe perfectly.

If I have to chose one of them, I would say Devilman: Crybaby, considering the amount of good OSTs it has just for 10 Episodes.

Here are some God tier ones:

OP

Crybaby

Devilman No Uta

D.V.M.N.

Buddy, Ryo

Judgement

Night Hawk

And there are so many more and most of them are good.

So yeah, name me an Anime which beats Devilman: Crybaby, taking into account the no. of Episodes/Runtime. Netflix cooked here.
NaRc0s_GMay 19, 1:40 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 12:15 PM

Sep 2016
One Piece, the orchestral music iconic.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 19, 12:16 PM

Feb 2020
- BanG Dream!
- K-On!
- Kiratto Pri☆Chan
- Love Live!
- Natsume Yuujinchou
- PriPara
- Pretty Cure (multiple seasons)
- Yuru Yuri
May 19, 12:17 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
One Piece, the orchestral music iconic.
@Zarutaku Someone has to watch 1000 episodes to find some good music though ?
May 19, 12:18 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Serafos
- BanG Dream!
- K-On!
- Kiratto Pri☆Chan
- Love Live!
- Natsume Yuujinchou
- PriPara
- Pretty Cure (multiple seasons)
- Yuru Yuri
@Serafos Can you link some of your favs among them ? And do you think any of them beat Devilman ?
May 19, 12:18 PM
Aug 2018
Yeah, Attack on Titan is definitely up there. Linked Horizon's songs are the greatest.
May 19, 12:21 PM

May 2018
For me, the peak is Wolf's Rain soundtrack.
Also, Gintama has great openings and endings throughout all of its parts, especially from the first two.

May 19, 12:22 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Tamasul
Yeah, Attack on Titan is definitely up there. Linked Horizon's songs are the greatest.
@Rhae yeah so many iconic OSTs, I couldn't chose between AoT and Devilman, but went with Devilman cuz it has 10 episodes while AoT has 70+.
May 19, 12:23 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Nemo_Niemand
For me, the peak is Wolf's Rain soundtrack.
Also, Gintama has great openings and endings throughout all of its parts, especially from the first two.
@Nemo_Niemand Have heard few Gintama Ops, yes they are really good.
May 19, 12:24 PM

Dec 2015
Hmmmm I guess it will be no surprise that my choice is Bleach, openings, endings and especially osts... It's for me top 1 of all anime

Here's few example of osts as openings and endings shouldn't be a problem to search up in youtube/elsewhere [the last ost of examples welcomes you right in the first episode setting the mood]:
May 19, 12:25 PM

May 2021
Alright I see you, let me get in my bag here and pick out some of my favorites.

Mirai Nikki's OP and MN Redial's OP:

Kakegurui's OPs S1,2, and Twin

Some honorable mentions that I'm too lazy to find and share: Black Clover OST, Frieren OST, Oshi no Ko OP+ED, Bleach OST, Cowboy Bebop OST, Samurai Champloo OST, etc.

Yeah I agree that Akame ga Kill! OST goes pretty hard. There is way too much good music to share lol.
May 19, 12:31 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Zettaiken
Hmmmm I guess it will be no surprise that my choice is Bleach, openings, endings and especially osts... It's for me top 1 of all anime

Here's few example of osts as openings and endings shouldn't be a problem to search up in youtube/elsewhere [the last ost of examples welcomes you right in the first episode setting the mood]:
@Zettaiken I haven't watched Bleach, but yeah these are really good. But here is the thing, with long running shows like the big 3, black clover, MHA etc, you are bound to find some songs among that vast library of soundtracks which sounds good and sticks to you. I can't think of any 10-24 episode Anime whose soundtrack library tops that of Devilman: Crybaby.
May 19, 12:33 PM

Jul 2021
Violet Evergarden
Kara no Kyoukai
Devilman Crybaby
Yosuga no Sora
May 19, 12:37 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Horizon248
Alright I see you, let me get in my bag here and pick out some of my favorites.

Mirai Nikki's OP and MN Redial's OP:

Kakegurui's OPs S1,2, and Twin

Some honorable mentions that I'm too lazy to find and share: Black Clover OST, Frieren OST, Oshi no Ko OP+ED, Bleach OST, Cowboy Bebop OST, Samurai Champloo OST, etc.

Yeah I agree that Akame ga Kill! OST goes pretty hard. There is way too much good music to share lol.
@Horizon248 yo I would fk with those Kakegurui's songs, I have watched some of them among you mentioned, Can't think of any Black Clover OST which sticked with but some of it's OPs are bangers. People hate Frieren's 1st OP but personally it's my fav among it's other Soundtrack, it's ED is also really good. Cowboy Bebop OP and ED are iconic.
May 19, 12:40 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to JaniSIr
Violet Evergarden
Kara no Kyoukai
Devilman Crybaby
Yosuga no Sora
@JaniSIr I never would have imagined I would see Yosuga no Sora here.
May 19, 12:47 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Tamasul
@Rhae I haven't watched Attack on Titan, but I totally agree. I've listened to the OP and ED, and I definitely liked them.
May 19, 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
I believe Bleach, Vinland Saga, Sousou no Frieren, OG Rurouni Kenshin & attack on titan (s1-s3) have the best music.
May 19, 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Made in Abyss has hours of great OST music. OPs/EDs are excellent. I've listened to the albums several times.
May 19, 12:54 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to aanj1n
@Rhae I haven't watched Attack on Titan, but I totally agree. I've listened to the OP and ED, and I definitely liked them.
@aanj1n In case of AoT, I like it's OSTs much more than any of it's OPs and EDs. Hiroyuki Sawano is a fking Genius. It feels like a wasted potential to put such amount of effort into making BGM for Animes. I get the same feeling the OST of Akame ga Kill and some of Devilman OSTs.

Here are few.
(Skip the Ashes on fire video, it has spoilers, you can find the Audio only on YouTube)

I like the 3rd song (Before lights out) the most among them, probably because it gets overlooked compared to other OSTs. If no one appreciates it, then I would.

AoT

NaRc0s_GMay 19, 1:04 PM
May 19, 12:57 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Zakception
I believe Bleach, Vinland Saga, Sousou no Frieren, OG Rurouni Kenshin & attack on titan (s1-s3) have the best music.
@Zakception I have seen VS, Frieren and AoT. Agree with ever single one of them. Though I can't say they beat Devilman: Crybaby. It almost seems like 40-50 percent of Devilman's budget went into making it's OSTs/BGMs.
May 19, 12:58 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to removed-user
Made in Abyss has hours of great OST music. OPs/EDs are excellent. I've listened to the albums several times.
@Lhundrup I have it in my top of watchlist.
May 19, 1:01 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@aanj1n In case of AoT, I like it's OSTs much more than any of it's OPs and EDs. Hiroyuki Sawano is a fking Genius. It feels like a wasted potential to put such amount of effort into making BGM for Animes. I get the same feeling the OST of Akame ga Kill and some of Devilman OSTs.

Here are few.
(Skip the Ashes on fire video, it has spoilers, you can find the Audio only on YouTube)

I like the 3rd song (Before lights out) the most among them, probably because it gets overlooked compared to other OSTs. If no one appreciates it, then I would.

AoT

@NaRc0s_G of the AoT songs, the Epica version is the best.
May 19, 1:04 PM

Oct 2020
Toradora's ED1, Vanilla Salt. Not because the MV is the most impressive thing ever, but because the song is catchy AF, and also because that show perfected the trick of "ED starts playing a little early during an exciting moment" which makes it hit even harder when it comes in.

May 19, 1:09 PM
Dec 2014
Oh, Utawarerumono series, absolutely.
3 seasons, 80 episodes and not a single "meh" song. All bangers from OP and ED to OSTs
May 19, 1:09 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to JaniSIr
@NaRc0s_G of the AoT songs, the Epica version is the best.
@JaniSIr it's a cover and not an original soundtrack right ?
May 19, 1:10 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@JaniSIr I never would have imagined I would see Yosuga no Sora here.
@NaRc0s_G The contents of the anime might be highly questionable, but the music really goes h hard to set the mood.
May 19, 1:12 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@JaniSIr it's a cover and not an original soundtrack right ?
@NaRc0s_G Of course, it's basically just the metal cover for the OP. They made 4 of these. And I just particularly loved Epica already anyway.
May 19, 1:13 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to StewedBeefHaunch
Toradora's ED1, Vanilla Salt. Not because the MV is the most impressive thing ever, but because the song is catchy AF, and also because that show perfected the trick of "ED starts playing a little early during an exciting moment" which makes it hit even harder when it comes in.

@StewedBeefHaunch I have seen Toradora and yeah I liked the song but didn't stick with me, it's doesn't sound......epic (?) or memorable compared to some of the Anime I have mentioned and a few other people have mentioned.
May 19, 1:15 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to TheMinus13
Oh, Utawarerumono series, absolutely.
3 seasons, 80 episodes and not a single "meh" song. All bangers from OP and ED to OSTs
@TheMinus13 LOL I have never heard of this Anime before. But I will take your word ig.
May 19, 1:18 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to JaniSIr
@NaRc0s_G The contents of the anime might be highly questionable, but the music really goes h hard to set the mood.
@JaniSIr I kind of overlooked the Anime, watched it with skipping many scenes, I was kind of checking what the Anime was about, didn't focus on it's songs
May 19, 1:24 PM

Aug 2022
Bleach, Overlord, and SAO. SAO's OP/ED's aren't the best ever but the OST is amazing imho
May 19, 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@Zarutaku Someone has to watch 1000 episodes to find some good music though ?
No, it's everywhere: ONE PIECE SOUNDTRACK FULL COMPLETE MUSIC (OST)

Though a few great tracks are only used for special moments, like this one:

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 19, 1:33 PM

Oct 2019
OST alone made in abyss would win no contest, but while ED 2 and 3 are great, the other ones aren't exactly "best" material or anything.

I was also considering sonny boy, but that doesn't have an opening so it feels like cheating.

So, with that in mind, I think my pickd have to be:

1. Attack on titan
2. Madoka magica
3. Death parade
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 19, 1:33 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Saputrai
Bleach, Overlord, and SAO. SAO's OP/ED's aren't the best ever but the OST is amazing imho
@Saputrai Can confirm some OPs and EDs of Overlord. They are catchy af.
May 19, 1:35 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to APolygons2
OST alone made in abyss would win no contest, but while ED 2 and 3 are great, the other ones aren't exactly "best" material or anything.

I was also considering sonny boy, but that doesn't have an opening so it feels like cheating.

So, with that in mind, I think my pickd have to be:

1. Attack on titan
2. Madoka magica
3. Death parade
@APolygons2 Yo Devilman's OSTs clears Death Parade easily.
May 19, 1:41 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@APolygons2 Yo Devilman's OSTs clears Death Parade easily.
@NaRc0s_G I have not seen devil man, so I can not neither agree nor disagree.

I will say that there isn't a single show that can clear death parades op/ed/ost combo "easily".

But the few tracks that i have heard from devil man sound amazing, so it could be just as good or better.

Death parade's op and ed both are one of the best in all of anime. And holy shit the soundtrack is so fucking good.

The main theme alone is an actual masterpiece of music making.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 19, 1:43 PM

Jun 2019
1.) Inuyasha
2.) Koi Kaze
3.) Higurashi
4.) Shiki
5.) Mahoutsukai no Yome

Honorable mentions/runners-up: Haibane Renmei, Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Noragami, Kaiba, Kiseijuu, Serial Experiments Lain, Kenpuu Denki Berserk, Usagi Drop, Hanasaku Iroha, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Zettai Shounen, Saraiya Goyou, Tengoku Daimakyou, and Hakumei to Mikochi.

My top two are my favorite music out of everything in all life, honestly.
May 19, 1:45 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to APolygons2
@NaRc0s_G I have not seen devil man, so I can not neither agree nor disagree.

I will say that there isn't a single show that can clear death parades op/ed/ost combo "easily".

But the few tracks that i have heard from devil man sound amazing, so it could be just as good or better.

Death parade's op and ed both are one of the best in all of anime. And holy shit the soundtrack is so fucking good.

The main theme alone is an actual masterpiece of music making.
@APolygons2 Guess you need to watch Devilman man. Netflix focused more on it's BGMs then it's Animation it seems like. (Though in some scenes the Animation went bonkers)
NaRc0s_GMay 19, 1:54 PM
May 19, 1:47 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to WatchTillTandava
1.) Inuyasha
2.) Koi Kaze
3.) Higurashi
4.) Shiki
5.) Mahoutsukai no Yome

Honorable mentions/runners-up: Haibane Renmei, Ergo Proxy, Elfen Lied, Noragami, Kaiba, Kiseijuu, Serial Experiments Lain, Kenpuu Denki Berserk, Usagi Drop, Hanasaku Iroha, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Zettai Shounen, Saraiya Goyou, Tengoku Daimakyou, and Hakumei to Mikochi.

My top two are my favorite music out of everything in all life, honestly.
@WatchTillTandava I really like the 1st OP of Higurashi series, it's really fits the series.
May 19, 1:48 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I'd normally struggle with this type of questions, but this time, it's pretty easy: Cowboy Bebop.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 19, 1:49 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to TitanOfPlasma
I'd normally struggle with this type of questions, but this time, it's pretty easy: Cowboy Bebop.
@TitanOfPlasma Understandable.

May 19, 1:49 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@APolygons2 Guess you need to watch Devilman man. Netflix focused more on it's BGMs then it's Animation it seems like. (Though in some scenes the Animation went bonkers)
@NaRc0s_G Yeah will have to do.

I will say it again though, if we were talking pure ost, to me, specially after s2, made in abyss would have been in its own league.
Also available at:

May 19, 2:00 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to APolygons2
@NaRc0s_G Yeah will have to do.

I will say it again though, if we were talking pure ost, to me, specially after s2, made in abyss would have been in its own league.
@APolygons2 OK here is the deal, I will watch Made in Abyss, you watch Devilman: Crybaby.
May 19, 2:17 PM

Jan 2021
Sad to see that only a few people have mentioned bleach. If we talk about an anime that has the best Op, Ed and OST then bleach is always, always at the top.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 19, 2:22 PM

Jan 2020
Imma go with an obscure example.

Natsu no Arashi! has an excellent opening, ending and soundtrack, heck in each episode they play a different banger at Hakobune café. The opening also has subtle changes in lyrics and animation, and the ending is just awesome.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
May 19, 2:23 PM

Jun 2019
NaRc0s_G said:
I really like the 1st OP of Higurashi series, it's really fits the series.

Higurashi is one of those series which has great OPs throughout its run - even in the later seasons which are more side stories and bonus/fanservice content rather than a part of the main story proper. The first two are excellent, but all the rest are very fit for purpose as well. I do agree though that the original one used throughout the first season is the best and is one of my top favorite anime OPs of all time - at least it's somewhere in the top five, like the series as a whole is for me (but I don't know what its exact rank would be as I've never created a list ranking just OPs).

Whereas other longer series which also had multiple OPs, while their first and even second can be great and their OSTs for the whole of the series are among the best, I can't honestly say I'm a fan of all the OPs to anywhere near the same level. Inuyasha is one like that. Love the first two OPs dearly yet not so much the rest. So Higurashi is unique in that regard, at least out of what I've watched.
May 19, 2:29 PM

Mar 2023
I really love the music to Welcome to the N.H.K.

May 19, 2:56 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to NaRc0s_G
@JaniSIr I kind of overlooked the Anime, watched it with skipping many scenes, I was kind of checking what the Anime was about, didn't focus on it's songs
@NaRc0s_G You missed out on quite a lot. You probably don't mind missing out on all that, but it's a lot.
May 19, 3:10 PM

May 2021
JJK music don't miss. The only one I felt weak was S1 ed 2, the rest are all bangers.
May 19, 3:14 PM

Feb 2023
NGL...Ima have to say Oshi No Ko. It was just so good!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» One person's trash, is another person's treasure

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

15 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it possible to recommend 2000s Anime to kids nowadays?

Dragevard - Yesterday

22 by velveteenvamp »»
7 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7223 by Hikinekomori »»
14 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1034 by Rumore009 »»
20 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - 12 hours ago

17 by Coaghim »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.