Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 11:09 PM
Jan 2023
Im gonna start this anime today but I have a question. Is this anime worth putting above FMAB. I didn't watch both but from shorts i see FMAB feels so legendary I don't think frieren would be above FMAB by any means
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 17, 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
You didn't watch frieren or fmab and claiming that frieren shouldn't be above fmab, oh yes you watched yt shorts🤦
May 17, 11:18 PM
Mar 2022
You shouldn't set your expectations based on Ratings, cuz most people who are the reason it has 9.37 rating didn't watch it based on ratings.
May 17, 11:21 PM
Aug 2018
Why not watch Frieren until the end and then make your judgment? It's a great show.
May 17, 11:25 PM
Aug 2023
Oh great! Another post out of a hundreds complaining about how Frieren doesn't deserve to be placed over fmab without even watching it

Keep your opinions to yourself lil bro especially when you watch anime through YT Shorts😹😹
May 17, 11:26 PM
Nov 2018
I wouldn't worry about ratings. If you end up liking it that's great. If you end up not liking it that's fine too. I watched both I never felt compel to think "Wow that was great"!
May 17, 11:32 PM
Jan 2021
it doesnt, people just rate higher these days
May 17, 11:32 PM
Jun 2023
it fully sucks, don't even try, u'll hate urself and this anime for wasting Ur time that u could spend on better things
May 17, 11:49 PM
Dec 2023
ya_kyz9 said:
it fully sucks, don't even try, u'll hate urself and this anime for wasting Ur time that u could spend on better things

and that's your opinion, ty for sharing.
Objectively, wether you like it or not, it's one of the better anime out there. Otherwise it wouldn't have such a high rating.
May 18, 12:20 AM
Jul 2023
Why not watch the show and decide for yourself before asking such senseless questions?
May 18, 12:31 AM
Feb 2023
The term 'legendary' can mean different things to different people. In my opinion, Frieren represents the pinnacle of anime, which easily explains its top ranking. There are numerous YouTube videos that break down its brilliance. If those don't sway you, perhaps it's just not your cup of tea.
May 18, 12:42 AM

Apr 2021
Kaitaka12 said:
Oh great! Another post out of a hundreds complaining about how Frieren doesn't deserve to be placed over fmab without even watching it

Keep your opinions to yourself lil bro especially when you watch anime through YT Shorts😹😹

there are people who complain
then there are people who complain about complaining

then there is me who complains about people complaining about complaining

(please don't take it personally just had to say it)
May 18, 12:43 AM

Sep 2016
Holy_Momo said:
I don't think frieren would be above FMAB by any means

It is by some means, such as animation, music and direction, hence the high rating.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 18, 12:45 AM

Jul 2015
MAL score never mattered. That's all you need to know.

May 18, 1:16 AM

Mar 2018
both are good shows?
you wont be wasting your time with either of them. bickering about which one is better is honestly just childish
May 18, 1:16 AM
Dec 2022
Holy_Momo said:
Im gonna start this anime today but I have a question. Is this anime worth putting above FMAB. I didn't watch both but from shorts i see FMAB feels so legendary I don't think frieren would be above FMAB by any means

wait a decade or so, it will also feel legendary.
May 18, 1:19 AM
Mar 2021
Holy_Momo said:

frieren is overall good but keep your expectations low, it is not worth the rating it has
May 18, 1:31 AM

Jan 2021
i think Frieren is a good anime i am a long time fan of the series, and read the manga for years. before the adaptation. but I don't agree with the rating nor that it should be rated higher then fmab. also that you didn't watched them both yet already have such opinions on them really is wild to me.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 18, 1:32 AM

Mar 2020
sounds like you wanna watch fmab. go watch fmab.

frieren is better though.
daily reminder to try not to take it all so seriously!
May 18, 1:35 AM

Feb 2020
Holy_Momo said:

Frieren is around 5-6 but this thread will be locked.

May 18, 1:51 AM
Nov 2023
why not watch both of them 🤷
May 18, 2:03 AM
Mar 2022
Lol comparing without even watching both the anime...💀💀
May 18, 2:10 AM
Jun 2021
I have watched both Full metal Alchemist and Frieren and Frieren is in no way better than FMAB, with that said Frieren is not bad either. Frieren is really a masterpiece tbh, you should surely give it a watch.
May 18, 2:17 AM
Aug 2023
@K_Gonpachiro I would like to complain about you complaining about me complaining about someone else's complain
May 18, 2:20 AM

Apr 2021
Kaitaka12 said:
@K_Gonpachiro I would like to complain about you complaining about me complaining about someone else's complain

lol this would go on forever
May 18, 2:44 AM

Aug 2013
FMAB is my favorite anime of all time but Freiren is also really good. I binged it!

It comes down to preferences. Both are different genres so it’s hard to compare which one is better. I personally like FMAB more cause the story is completed and we see a full character development from beginning to end — but that’s just my preference :) I’m hoping for second season of Freiren, it definitely deserves the high rating.

Both are great animes so watch, I highly recommend them!
Wᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏsᴇ.
May 18, 2:46 AM

Apr 2021
FMAB, I have not seen it, but I seriously doubt it is bettter than Frieren
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 18, 3:05 AM
May 2023
Hey mods? Isn’t it like against the rules to compare anime by ratings or something?
May 18, 3:29 AM
Jul 2020
Holy_Momo said:

Pov: Bro actually watched anime through Tiktok, YouTube short and FB 🥴
May 18, 3:40 AM

Jan 2019
Rating will go down but problem is no one watching Frieren and it's already forgotten series.

If more people would watch it rating would go lower faster.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
May 18, 3:49 AM

Dec 2019
It's pretty great overall. It really hook me so far, story isn't outstanding but it has really comfy feeling that very few anime have
May 18, 3:59 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples includes:
    b. random "xx vs. yy"

e. MAL community data
      e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
      e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
      e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

242 by SSLay »»
9 minutes ago

» What did you enjoy the most about Frieren?

Daconator - 5 hours ago

14 by Yosakusan »»
23 minutes ago

» When are they going to fix these clearly botted scores? ( 1 2 )

White-The-Night - Yesterday

52 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

» Read the manga?

RealityChanges - Jun 13

13 by KaityMeaney »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

» Is Himmel a Manic Pixie Dream Boy?

Moonshine_cookie - Jun 1

17 by quitobarajas »»
Yesterday, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.